Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience (31356 Views)

Corps Member Who Escaped Fulani Herdsmen Massacre Shares His Ordeal / OAU JULY 10 1999 Massacre: Share Your Experience And Thought / July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Tjohnnay: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
undecided
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by otswag(m): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
"When things for too hot, I don't know how I got to Room X10 in Mozambique Ball of Residence". this got me lmao!
Awon Omo lehin fadeyi grin

2 Likes

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by clintino700(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
SMH...
quote author=Handsomecole post=47431448]

Write jamb and pray to become a Great Ife then you will understand. [/quote]
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Benwurus(m): 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
he is not growing in maturity

2 Likes

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by phaulzoe(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
hmmmm.... all is well
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Empredboy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
I was in 100 level at that time. We supposed to have chm 101 test in the morning and i lived in angola hall. I was a sleep, the scaring noise woke everyone up. That day, we ran in the bush behind angola opposite that market between angola and moz hall (forgotten the name). Infact it was later we knew that it was a lady that the cultist used to harassed us. Guys na that day i know say angola hall to awo hall far. It was a bad experience

2 Likes

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
"how would it sound to hear that the whole Awoluta Chairman also fled. "

Seriously, seriously?!
It's some people ego that will kill them

So cos u are a chairman u r not an ordinary human. U r now a small god abi mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Barigaboy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
wins18:
pls computer gurus I need help here www.nairaland.com/3219811/computer
On what?
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
matrix199:
You were definitely not on their hit list, or sheer luck smiled at you, that's the reason you're still breathing, and not because of one damn mystical power in a tortoise.

Eulogise your comrade, not come out boasting how a tortoise made you invincible.
Ogbeni,charm is real.. its possible he disappeared..i know pple dat do disappear.. na Charm sha o
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by ogbolu0147(m): 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
The junky is bragging.....make u carry ur tortoise make u go show urself for ekosodin na.......wen dey use bullet beg ur kegite agbada....u go know how far.....obonte like u
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by wins18(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
Barigaboy:
On what?
I am asking if its possible for one to get Hp Case, just the way we do change Nokia mobile phone case. i.e change Hp case.
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Barigaboy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
wins18:

I am asking if its possible for one to get Hp Case, just the way we do change Nokia mobile phone case. i.e change Hp case.
Sure but fairly used n neater.
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by sucess001(m): 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
[size=14pt]No be only Tortoise.....

Na you legs carry you reach that room....in other words...you no know when you begin run...[/size]

1 Like

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by ishadfurnitures: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
IF George were to be alive he would be 40years old this year Rip Afrika wee missed you Pal.
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by jeje123(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
matrix199:
You were definitely not on their hit list, or sheer luck smiled at you, that's the reason you're still breathing, and not because of one damn mystical power in a tortoise.

Eulogise your comrade, not come out boasting how a tortoise made you invincible.
Ask him where is that tortoise now?
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Femston: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
Wow. The song we sang then atOAU still brings out a strong passionate memory of Afrika and the OAU vicinity. " When i remember, Afrika, water runaway me eye......... haa hey haa hey, water runaway me eye"
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by wins18(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
Barigaboy:
Sure but fairly used n neater.
Thanks buddy! But... Like hw much Pls?
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Orikinla(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Led by a female cultist armed with a revolver?

1 Like

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Kakamorufu(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Proffdada:
The story is not complete without Christ cheesy
i see
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by fortuneinya: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
For ur mind u don't know how u get to the room.jujulism.is so common in Ebonyi state university,anytime a strong thing want to happen u will vanish.is not new bro.
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by fortuneinya: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
For ur mind u don't know how u got to the room.jujulism.is so common in Ebonyi state university,anytime a strong thing want to happen u will vanish.is not new bro.
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
saaedlee:
Mourn your colleagues and stop boasting

He was never in d hit list n he's talking blabs.. Op better hide ur small head n let d sleeping dogs lie
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by taemilola(f): 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
OK.
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Sunnysteve009(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
I was among the gang that carry out that operation against kegites at obafemi awolowo university 1999, dont mind that man he fled away while he was claiming being protected by a mere tortise anyway Rip to the dead, As for me have accepted christ and all my sin have been forgiven, i beg who get that man number make him pm me.
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by saintdennis(m): 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
Puresolutions:
It was just like yesterday when blood flowed seriously not just OAU LASU UNIBEN IBADAN POLY UNILAG

We bless God those days are long gone.Kai people died o.

Smiles...Baba Sebi they have scrapped post ume? Just watch as universities turn to battle grounds again.
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Puresolutions: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

Smiles...Baba Sebi they have scrapped post ume? Just watch as universities turn to battle grounds again.

God forbid i reject it for the new generation abeg that generation was bloody abeg abeg abeg u i go send you recharge card take am back abeg
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by mkoabiola: 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Afrika was my cousin,
I was in secondary school wen I heard of his death.
Our family house in iwo was named after him."Afrika".
Wat a great loss.

1 Like

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by jagabanban: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
I find this interview distasteful to the memory of everyone that was murdered that day in Awo Hall.

Some of us that were lucky to survive are scared of hearing "banger" sound to this date.

Don't come and boast of some mystical bull-crap tortoise saving your life.

Thank God you are still alive today.

May the dead continue to RIP!!!

OAUPeeps:
In a bid to commemorate the death of Afrika and the OAU 4 today, The Ankara Boy is posting exclusive chats and interviews with some persons who were also involved in the incident. One of such persons is Chief Odunfa, who was the Kegite Chief at the time of the incident. He was supposed to fellow rise Afrika the Night of the incident. Read his comments below

"I was supposed to fellow rise Afrika that fateful night as he was never a kegite member.

I used to be Aluta Chairman of Awolowo Hall of Residence.

The fact that I was pre occupied with the Kegite mass initiation that was to hold that night prevented me from leading boys to Old Buka where we later got to know the cultists were meeting.

When they fired the first shot that killed Ajita in front of the Kegite palace in Awolowo Hall website all thought it was banger.

I saw the lady that led them, she was carrying a revolver on her right hand. When they approached Awo Cafe she started shooting at us in Awo Cafe. Everybody ran away from the Cafe leaving myself and AB National of Kegites Club at the time - Biodun Ojo to face the cultists. People were calling me to run but I told them how would it sound to hear that the whole Awoluta Chairman also fled.

When things for too hot, I don't know how I got to Room X10 in Mozambique Ball of Residence.

One thing nobody knows till date is the fact that there was a live tortoise in my shirt. I did not walk down to that room in Mozambique.

Afrika worked towards being a total African in all ramifications.

Afrika was young in appearance but he was definitely older in terms of wisdom and experience.

Afrika was popular right from his first year on campus.

On this day I remember Yemi Iwilade alongside other students that were killed."

http://www.oaupeeps.com/2016/07/remembering-afrika-with-ankara-boy.html

1 Like

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by meforyou1(m): 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sunnysteve009:
I was among the gang that carry out that operation against kegites at obafemi awolowo university 1999, dont mind that man he fled away while he was claiming being protected by a mere tortise anyway Rip to the dead, As for me have accepted christ and all my sin have been forgiven, i beg who get that man number make him pm me.
you deserve to be arrested and sentenced to death by firing squad. If you like accept Buhda

2 Likes

Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by meforyou1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
jagabanban:

I find this interview distasteful to the memory of everyone that was murdered that day in Awo Hall.

Some of us that were lucky to survive are scared of hearing "banger" sound to this date.

Don't come and boast of some mystical bull-crap tortoise saving your life.

Thank God you are still alive today.

May the dead continue to RIP!!!

what exactly is distasteful about d interview?
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by RealAlfranco: 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
People were calling me to run but I told them how would it sound to hear that the whole Awoluta Chairman also fled.

When things for too hot, I don't know how I got to Room X10 in Mozambique Ball of Residence.

This place cracked me up! Superman no work,the guy bail out!
Re: Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience by Puresolutions: 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
Why do we have to bring back these horror memories una don make me dey remember the bloodiness damn it i'm out..

Funny to see how capones repented and are born gain today but blood flowed like water.. girls leading gangs everywhere..chai

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Bags Honorary Degree From The University Of Kent, UK (photos) / LAUTECH Graduate Returns His Certificate To The School, Asks For Refund Of Fees / Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.