Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Turkey/europe - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkey/europe (6719 Views)

My Trip To The Asian Side Of Istanbul Turkey Pictures / Nigerians Living In Turkey I Need Your Help Pls Comment... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey/europe by worry359(m): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
Dreamhigh2016:
how do I go about getting turkey undergraduate students visa at METU? Wil i pay any fee to get my acceptance letter?
Ask your question in this section.
https://www.nairaland.com/351402/north-cyprus/234#47874380

Have you looked on the school website?
Re: Turkey/europe by Turco: 11:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
skylane:
Thanks Mr turco u are a very nice person and from ur behavior I guess dis how 90 percnt of ur ppl are,
Please I wud like to knnow more about turkey in areas such as
Work-for example am yet to have a degree
If I get there how quick will I get a Job quickly in hotel restaurants bars marquis clubs,am a hotelier! And how much does an average waiter collect in a week/month thanks

Dear skylane,

First of all thank you for your compliment. I am trying to know Nigerian people via Nairaland, I also have the same feeling so far.

Tourism in Turkey is very important. Almost %5 of the Gross Domestic Product which is more than 1trillion US Dollars is come from tourism. We even have a adjective which is bacasız endüstri for tourism in Turkish. It can be translated as industry without flue. Tourism in Turkey is mostly located around Mediterranean Sea and Aegean Sea for summer and in Istanbul Province for all year. Our main clients are from Russia, Germany, UK, France and Arab States. People working in tourism business are over-qualified and they can speak more than 3 languages.(eg. Russian, German, English) If you're really good at your work you can earn more than 1000 US Dollars in a month as a waiter in Mediterranean Region of the country in summer. There are always job opportunities in tourism industry. If you've a degree in tourism and if you REALLY know about your job, opportunities are limitless. You can work at cruise ships, hotels, tourism agents etc. But I have to warn you those jobs are mostly dominated by Turkish, Russian and German people. It is very very competitive to get a job in tourism industry. If you're a Turkish person who graduated from Tourism High School you automatically begin your work at hotel at the age of 18 and you'll earn the minimum salary. How you climb steps in business is up to you.

If you're not working in any of the non-touristic areas you are going the earn minimum salary which is 1300 Turkish Lira(TRY) which is equal to 450 US Dollars monthly. For a foreigner it is almost impossible to get a job in a non-touristic area. One of my friends who is from Cameroon and studying in Turkey worked in his summer holiday for 2 months at a hotel in a non-touristic area and earned 800 Turkish Lira(TRY) which is equal to almost 300 US Dollars in a month and he has no work-permit. You can't pay 800 Turkish Lira(TRY) to a Turkish Person but can be paid to a foreigner who has no work-permit.

So, I can tell you that If you're good at tourism industry and professional, there are options for you but you should be ready for any negative situations.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey/europe by ife25nancy: 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
please i would like some info about doing my masters of education in ISTANBUL AYDIN UNVERSITY and my prospects of having a good teaching job during and after my masters.
secondly can the certificate be used to teach in other foreign countries

1 Like

Re: Turkey/europe by Turco: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
ife25nancy:
please i would like some info about doing my masters of education in ISTANBUL AYDIN UNVERSITY and my prospects of having a good teaching job during and after my masters.
secondly can the certificate be used to teach in other foreign countries

Dear ife25nancy,

First of all congratulations on your acceptance. Istanbul Aydın University is a private university in Istanbul province in the country's Marmara Region. It was found on 2007. Students must pay education fee unless they have scholarship.

There are English teaching job as far as I know but I am not sure about what to do to get this kind of job during your education. When you'll be graduated, you may use the advantage of being graduated from a Turkish University in Turkey but every single country has their own regulations on teaching or acceptance of a foreign diploma. So, unfortunately it is the thing you should search on your own. You should focus on where you'd like to teach and make your research on the regulations of that foreign country.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey/europe by ife25nancy: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2016
Turco:

Dear ife25nancy,

First of all congratulations on your acceptance. Istanbul Aydın University is a private university in Istanbul province in the country's Marmara Region. It was found on 2007. Students must pay education fee unless they have scholarship.

There are English teaching job as far as I know but I am not sure about what to do to get this kind of job during your education. When you'll be graduated, you may use the advantage of being graduated from a Turkish University in Turkey but every single country has their own regulations on teaching or acceptance of a foreign diploma. So, unfortunately it is the thing you should search on your own. You should focus on where you'd like to teach and make your research on the regulations of that foreign country.

thanks.
i am thinkning about teaching in dubai with a turkish degree thats why i asked if the certificate will be relevant because dubai and turkey share a very strong alliance

1 Like

Re: Turkey/europe by ife25nancy: 9:33am On Aug 03, 2016
please What is the requirement for teaching in turkey

1 Like

Re: Turkey/europe by elijah101(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hello house ... Just made a mistake with the insurance for my bro student visa app ... On the insurance it says it will end on 11 of sept but on the visa application form ... Says it will end on the 9th ... Should I get another insurance or he should go ahead with it
Re: Turkey/europe by Turco: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
ife25nancy:

thanks.
i am thinkning about teaching in dubai with a turkish degree thats why i asked if the certificate will be relevant because dubai and turkey share a very strong alliance

Dear ife25nancy,

I don't think where your degree comes from is important in private-sector if you're qualified enough or meet employer's requirements. As I said before I am definitely not an expert in this but of course most of the Turkish Universities have world wide acceptation. So, graduation from a highly ranking Turkish University(eg. Boğaziçi University, METU, Istanbul University) may help you in finding job. When you say ''I am thinking about teaching in Dubai'', it is definitely a broad sentence. In which school or course would you like to work? Have you ever checked where you want to work or checked their requirements? Sharing alliance is a good thing but it is definitely irrelevant in this case. Unfortunately, It is not that simple.

For your other question under on your second comment; working in Turkey as a teacher... Well, It definitely depends on where you'd like to work. If you want to work for government at state schools it is impossible for you. To work at state schools you must be a civil servant. To become a civil servant you should pass KPSS exam and you must be a citizen of the Republic of Turkey. It is not a thing to become from today to tomorrow, very long process. So it is almost impossible but If you'd like to work at private-schools I think you're very welcomed. Especially If you have a degree in English Literature there are opportunities for you but do not forget that nobody gives you job unless you look for it.

Feel free to ask, if I forget to mention anything.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey/europe by ife25nancy: 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
Turco:

Dear ife25nancy,

I don't think where your degree comes from is important in private-sector if you're qualified enough or meet employer's requirements. As I said before I am definitely not an expert in this but of course most of the Turkish Universities have world wide acceptation. So, graduation from a highly ranking Turkish University(eg. Boğaziçi University, METU, Istanbul University) may help you in finding job. When you say ''I am thinking about teaching in Dubai'', it is definitely a broad sentence. In which school or course would you like to work? Have you ever checked where you want to work or checked their requirements? Sharing alliance is a good thing but it is definitely irrelevant in this case. Unfortunately, It is not that simple.

For your other question under on your second comment; working in Turkey as a teacher... Well, It definitely depends on where you'd like to work. If you want to work for government at state schools it is impossible for you. To work at state schools you must be a civil servant. To become a civil servant you should pass KPSS exam and you must be a citizen of the Republic of Turkey. It is not a thing to become from today to tomorrow, very long process. So it is almost impossible but If you'd like to work at private-schools I think you're very welcomed. Especially If you have a degree in English Literature there are opportunities for you but do not forget that nobody gives you job unless you look for it.

Feel free to ask, if I forget to mention anything.

THANKS ALOT FOR UR PROMPT REPLY

1 Like

Re: Turkey/europe by Turco: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
ife25nancy:

THANKS ALOT FOR UR PROMPT REPLY

You're welcome. Good luck! wink
Re: Turkey/europe by osolee(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Turkey/europe by Talltom: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
Turco:

You're welcome. Good luck! wink

Hi, you seem to know a lot about your country, your write ups are very good and resonate positivity about turkey but tell me, sincerely some shortcomings about the place, if possible come from the pesperctive of a foreigner.

I want to pursue my masters in electrical/electronic engineering,any information on universities recommended,requirements, costs will be welcomed.
Note:I can google most of the info above but i want a more personalised perspectivề from someone who is there.
Thanks and regards.

1 Like

Re: Turkey/europe by Nogodye(m): 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hello TurkishPerson, pls can you help in writing invitation letter to turkey.it is part of the requirement for turkey visa process here in Nigeria.
Re: Turkey/europe by Bostin(m): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
@Op can you assist a new comer in settling down,like finding accommodation and the Entry jobs? You said tourism industry have negative situations to work for foreigners,which is safer for foreigners to work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Visa:new Points Based System / Amb. McCulley Moves To Fast Track Issuing US Visas To Nigerians / Dubai Visa Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.