Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Is It A Must To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Must To Marry? (1580 Views)

Man Obtains N2.9m From Lady, Uses It To Marry Another Lady / My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. / Ladies: Would U Like To Marry A Guy Who Is Still A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
I just got off a date with a girl I got hooked up with by a mutual friend, and I feel so low in spirit. Every thing was going okay till she asked of my age. I told her, and the expression on her face was that of someone that had just seen an alien. Then came the endless questions..."Why ain't you married?" "Why don't you have a steady girlfriend?" "Why are you still single in your 30s?" Oh my God! I wanted to shoot myself. Why is it a must for a young man or woman to be married at a certain age in Africa? Yea, I know there are loads of benefits in marrying early. But what if the individual in question has some plans and has to sacrifice the beauty of early marriage for something else? Why must you make that person feel like there is something wrong with him or her?

I see it all the time online. Young successful ladies like Linda Ikeji, Rita Dominic, and Genevieve Nnaji get insulted a lot. They post a picture on Instagram, and then you see comments like..."Go and marry!" "All these money doesn't mean anything if you don't have a husband." "Success without a man is useless." Blah! Blah! And some more Blah! Don't get me wrong, marriage is a beautiful thing, but no one should marry solely because society sees it as the thing to do at a certain age. And no one should be looked down on because he or she is not married at the age society has set for such.

Divorce rate is going through the roof in the country. Married women are sleeping around with no atom of guilt in them it's scary. Married men openly joke about their latest conquest and how big her boobs are. I am not saying all these to make myself feel better about being single. I am saying all these to say that it is really disturbing that society sees the single man/woman of marriageable age lower than all the people involved in the atrocities I mentioned above.

We are all different with different goals, and some situations might have left some people single in their 30s and 40s. And to some, it might just be a choice. Maybe the person has weighed the advantages and disadvantages of marriage and feels he/she would be distracted from his/her chief goal in life if he/she marries early. The person might have set '40' as the age to marry. Or the person doesn't even have marriage in the agenda at all. It is a freaking free world. So, I ask, is this so big of a deal? Is it a must to marry?

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/07/is-it-must-to-marry.html

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by foolinlove(f): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
No. Next.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by ojun50(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
Yes. Next
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
give me a grandchild my son.... gimme a grandchild

#nollywood grin
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by mizzbouqui(f): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
Yes it is

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
oga if u dey folo pple mouth,u no go move foward...I tell pple I must b ok bfor I marry ooo...if dey like mke d whole world talk. imagine u marry n moni no dey to pay fees, its dsame pple dat push u to marry go begin dey talk say y u go marry wen u no fit take cqre of pikin. my oga no rush, even if na 40 u marry,na ur life...its beta to marry a comfortable man @ 40 dan marry as a poor man @ 30. b wise bro

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
mizzbouqui:
Yes it is

Okay. Tell me why.
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
oga if u dey folo pple mouth,u no go move foward...I tell pple I must b ok bfor I marry ooo...if dey like mke d whole world talk. imagine u marry n moni no dey to pay fees, its dsame pple dat push u to marry go begin dey talk say y u go marry wen u no fit take cqre of pikin. my oga no rush, even if na 40 u marry,na ur life...its beta to marry a comfortable man @ 40 dan marry as a poor man @ 30. b wise bro

LMAO!!! So true.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by LivinaPatrick(f): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
Marry ke! Who is forcing you to marry @ ur 30's,pls ignore that person eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenjoy your life abeg.
And maybe @ 65 you might think abt settling down,ok.
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
LivinaPatrick:
Marry ke! Who is forcing you to marry @ ur 30's,pls ignore that person eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenjoy your life abeg.

Go and take care of your son. I don't need insults here.
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Shii! I really tot it was urz op until I saw tat damn link undecided

Otherwise I'll apply tongue

Marriage is not for everyone. Is not a must. It's an optional actually..
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
LivinaPatrick:

Very dry joke.
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by osesology(m): 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
The problem with we humans is that we often let what society would say influence our actions, not forgetting that when it backfires, it is the same society that will be laughing and criticizing us. I'll rather get married at my own convenience...fvck society!

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:
Shii! I really tot it was urz op until I saw tat damn link undecided

Otherwise I'll apply tongue

Marriage is not for everyone. Is not a must. It's an optional actually..

I wrote it. I really just got home from the horrible date. That's a link to my personal blog.
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
osesology:
The problem with we humans is that we often let what society would say influence our actions, not forgetting that when it backfires, it is the same society that will be laughing and criticizing us. I'll rather get married at my own convenience...fvck society!

GBAM!!!
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
kayo80:

I wrote it. I really just got home from the horrible date. That's a link to my personal blog.

But tat story wasn't urs? grin
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

But tat story wasn't urs? grin

It is mine. It happened this morning, and I wrote it immediately I got home.
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
kayo80:

It is mine. It happened this morning, and I wrote it immediately I got home.

Oryyt.. So can I apply now? wink
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Oryyt.. So can I apply now? wink

Sure, send your application to odus29@yahoo.com. You will be contacted if you fit the part. lol! But seriously, are you in Nigeria?
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by mizzbouqui(f): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
kayo80:

Okay. Tell me why.
You should get married when you are comfortable enough to do so, dont allow anything or anybody push you into it, but one will definitely get married one day I cant imagine how it is going to be at old age without a life partner

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
kayo80:

Sure, send your application to odus29@yahoo.com. You will be contacted if you fit the part. lol! But seriously, are you in Nigeria?

Nope I'm not wink but I am willing to apply for a position, Sir grin
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
mizzbouqui:

You should get married when you are comfortable enough to do so, dont allow anything or anybody push you into it, but one will definitely get married one day[b] I cant imagine how it is going to be at old age without a life partner[/b]

True.
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Nope I'm not wink but I am willing to apply for a position, Sir grin

Okay. Apply. We will work something out. What's your real name?
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by NemzySeries(m): 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
marriage brings a kind of fulfillment in life....apart frm car & hauz wetin else b achievement if not marriage? sumtimes u can't even measure aw far U've gone, ur achievements & goals in life as a single man & God 4bid u die ur linage is 4eva gone......if I ma ask aw do u feel wen no 1 runs @ u screwing "daddy welkom", no one calls to ask wat u wanna av 4 dinner, aw wuz ur day etc or is it wen U're ova 40 u wanna b rushing to d labour wit ur pregnant wife? or u wanna b paying junior waec fee @ late 50s? I tink itz @ dis age u can manage any form of stress & believe getting married & wunt stop any form of achievement u av in mind.....ure sha free to make ur choice but d world especially africa views a single man @ dat age as irresponsible wit no clear vision personally by ma powers I wish to get married b4 29sef wen God gives me a handy job......jst marry d ryt person n u'll see ursef enjoying heaven on earth
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
kayo80:

Okay. Apply. We will work something out. What's your real name?

grin is tat mean I'm hired?

Call me Trap Queen wink I'm single & ready to Mingle...
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Dotwillis1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin
LivinaPatrick:
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

grin is tat mean I'm hired?

Call me Trap Queen wink I'm single & ready to Mingle...

Yes you are hired. This is your first task- Give Five Reasons Why You Want to Be Kayo80's girlfriend.
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
kayo80:

Yes you are hired. This is your first task- Give Five Reasons Why You Want to Be Kayo80's girlfriend.

Ehn.. So easy task... Hang on, I'll Google it grin
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
NemzySeries:
marriage brings a kind of fulfillment in life....apart frm car & hauz wetin else b achievement if not marriage? sumtimes u can't even measure aw far U've gone, ur achievements & goals in life as a single man & God 4bid u die ur linage is 4eva gone......if I ma ask aw do u feel wen no 1 runs @ u screwing "daddy welkom", no one calls to ask wat u wanna av 4 dinner, aw wuz ur day etc or is it wen U're ova 40 u wanna b rushing to d labour wit ur pregnant wife? or u wanna b paying junior waec fee @ late 50s? I tink itz @ dis age u can manage any form of stress & believe getting married & wunt stop any form of achievement u av in mind.....ure sha free to make ur choice but d world especially africa views a single man @ dat age as irresponsible wit no clear vision personally by ma powers I wish to get married b4 29sef wen God gives me a handy job......jst marry d ryt person n u'll see ursef enjoying heaven on earth

I get your point. But I wonder why you couldn't have passed it across without insulting me. Why do Nigerians insult and look down on people that don't see things their way?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Ehn.. So easy task... Hang on, I'll Google it grin

Google? Now I know you were kidding all along. sad
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
kayo80:

Google? Now I know you were kidding all along. sad

Ehn.. U send me cray cray question. Who does that? angry
Re: Is It A Must To Marry? by kayo80(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Ehn.. U send me cray cray question. Who does that? angry

lol! Oya, sorry. Give me your number.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies!!! The 15 Pure Qualities Guy Would Look Out For In You. / So Adorable: See Throwback Photo Of Aisha Buhari As A Young Lady / What Are The Disadvantages Of Marrying White Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.