Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (994490 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Let me try my G3 post again. It was the original battle rifle,in the class of the M14 and FN,a heavy,hard accurate 7.62 nato rifle. It was based on the late WW2 STG44 ,firing the lighter 7.92 kurz (short)

Incidentally,Kalashnikov based his own AK off the same frame-the similarity is obvious. Anyway the G3 was hugely successful being used in 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th world countries. Btw,the entire HK range of LMGs,SMGs and SRs was based on the G3. All of them from the excellent HK 21 to the MP 5 show their ancestors dna.

That's why many were shocked when the Germans dumped the G3 and the 7.62 nato. Anyway,when they deployed to Afghanistan with the G36 HK lovers were shocked. It was useless beyond 300 m and overheated at almost room temperature!

When the G36 overheats, either because of the temperature it finds itself in or because of constant, rapid fire, the precision and accuracy of the rifle suffer. The reason for this, according to the Defense Ministry, is that the rifle's barrel holder is made of a composite polymer that - even at a temperature as low as 23 degrees Celsius - softens and is no longer able to hold the barrel straight. Many of the components of the rifle are made of plastic, ........[b]All it takes is two magazines (60 rounds of ammunition) to heat up the barrel to an extent that "serious accuracy degradation" occurs, the researchers found. [/b]At this point, the accuracy degradation can be as severe as 50 centimeters at a range of 200 meters, and a full 6 meters at a range of 500 meters.
http://www.dw.com/en/heckler-koch-g36-the-rifle-held-in-all-the-wrong-places/a-18402772

My goodness!

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
This was especially galling since the Norwegians deployed with their own licence built 'hand cannons and enjoyed the familiar power and reliability of the German rifle.
The Norwegian army just replaced it's good old AG3's with HK416's. Any fully automatic (family mode) weapon that fires 7.62x51mm NATO rounds has my undying respect. I've talked to a few friends who have served in the army, and they all refer to it as the Norwegian hand-cannon. Which is rather fitting, I think.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?359335-HK-416-Vs-AG3-(HK-G3A5-aka-the-Norwegian-Hand-Cannon)
Alas! Its being phased out all over. Here the M4 and SCAR are coming in,the Mexicans have their version of the G36,the Pakis will soon licence build the Turkish MKEK MPT 76 while the latter are inducting the same rifle. Other operators are actually choosing 5.56 mm rifles!
True shooters will soon shed tears seeing this fine firearm gathering dust in museums.
Btw,US specops in Afpak were known to borrow Paki army G3s;this was before the SCAR hit the field.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Odunayaw:
NAF using sukhois will do two things
• Defy the laws of Nigerian physics
jakeporeshenko henry240
here is a video
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjczMjU1MjgyOA==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2&spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:

here is a video

from this angle the frontal aspect looks kind of like j8 doesn't it ?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
kikuyu1:
This was especially galling since the Norwegians deployed with their own licence built 'hand cannons and enjoyed the familiar power and reliability of the German rifle.

Alas! Its being phased out all over. Here the M4 and SCAR are coming in,the Mexicans have their version of the G36,the Pakis will soon licence build the Turkish MKEK MPT 76 while the latter are inducting the same rifle. Other operators are actually choosing 5.56 mm rifles!
True shooters will soon shed tears seeing this fine firearm gathering dust in museums.
Btw,US specops in Afpak were known to borrow Paki army G3s;this was before the SCAR hit the field.

the Iranians also use G3
they have a bullpup variant of the G3, DIO G3-A3.

as for 5.56 , Indian army after 20 years of using it has now decided to shift to 7.62 in a phased manner
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

Yes. Seems the dual seat has a smaller size when compared with the single seat.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:

Yes. Seems the dual seat has a smaller size when compared with the single seat.

yeah i noticed that too

but that is becz of the unequal horizontal slit/partition of the canopy

internally the size of both is same , but becz of the unequal horizontal slit/partition on the canopy,
we get the illusion that the rear cockpit/seat is smaller
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

Really?

I think it looks a lot like the JH-7 from the front.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
Electronic Countermeasures (ECM)

Electronic Countermeasures (ECM), as already defined, are actions that are taken to prevent or reduce the enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum. ECM, are thus means of interfering with the enemy's electromagnetic activity. These means may be used to either deny him the information he seeks, or to give him false information or to overload his computing capacity with so much false data as to degrade the performance of his system and make it unable to perform its intended mission. ECM may also be used to enhance one's own weapon systems' effectiveness. This ECM mission may be achieved either by jamming, deception or disruption.

there are four basic ECM operational objectives.

i. Prevent data acquisition and dissemination by hostile radars, ESM and communication systems, by denying them information regarding the presence, structure, composition or activities of friendly forces within the radar coverage, and prevent hostile ESM systems and communications from receiving information regarding the operation of friendly forces.

ii. Saturate threat systems' data processing and operator capability to accomplish timely and accurate detection; tracking of radar targets and to recognize, process and communicate essential elements of information.

iii. Introduce false, deceptive data into hostile electronic systems to generate ineffective responses by automated electronic systems, and to generate ineffective personnel or command and control actions.

iv. Destroy hostile electronic systems so as to deny s hostile forces the use of key elements of their radar sets and C3 (command, control and communications) structure.

Electronic Countermeasures (ECM)

consists of

1.Active ECM

which consists of

I.Noise jamming

a.Spot
b.Barrage
c.Sweep

II.Deceptive jamming

a.Range
b.Velocity
c.Azimuth

2.Passive ECM

which consists of

I.Chemical

a.Smoke
b.Aerosol

II.Mechanical

a.IR flares
b.Chaff
c.Decoys

As can be seen from above, there are two major techniques or methods of ECM

1.Active (i.e., radiating) ECM
2.and Passive (i.e., non-radiating) ECM.

Further, ActiveJamming may be either Noise Jamming or Deceptive Jamming whereas Passive Jamming may be achieved by chemical or mechanical means. Within each class of jamming, there are different techniques used for denial or deceptive purposes.

ACTIVE ECM consists of

1.Noise Jamming

The objective of noise jamming is to inject an interference signal into the enemy's electronic system such that the actual signal is completely submerged by interference. This type of jamming is also called 'denial jamming' or 'obscuration jamming'. The primary advantage of noise jamming is that only minimal details about the enemy equipment need be known.
Within the general class of noise jamming, there are three different techniques for generating noise-like If interference.

a.Spot jamming

In this type of jamming, also called 'point jamming' or 'narrow-band jamming', all the power output of the jammer is concentrated in a very narrow bandwidth, ideally identical
to that of the radar. Spot jamming is usually directed against a specific radar and requires a panoramic receiver to match the jamming signal to the radar signal.

b.Barrage jamming

In this type of jamming, all the power output of the jammer is spread over a bandwidth much wider than that of the radar signal. In other words, it involves the massive and simultaneous jamming of the whole of the frequency band.

c.Sweep jamming

This is also similar to barrage jamming. In this case,.the power output of the jammer (i.e., jammer frequency) is swept back and forth over a very wide bandwidth, sometimes as much as an octave (a 2: 1 band). It is generally true that the bandwidth of sweep jamming is wider than that of the barrage jamming, but the relative bandwidth is often determined by the hardware used.

The actual difference between barrage and sweep jamming lies in the modulation techniques and size of the' frequency band covered. Barrage jamming often uses an amplitude-modulated signal covering a 10 percent frequency band (i.e., bandwidth equal to 10 percent of the central frequency). Sweep jamming often uses a frequency modulated signal and the frequency is swept back and forth over a wide frequency bandwidth.
Both barrage and sweep jamming are used when the exact frequency of the enemy system is not known. One major disadvantage of this form of jamming is that it requires much more output power than spot jamming.

2.Deception Jamming

The objective of deception jamming is to mask the real signal by injecting suitably modified replicas of the real signal into the victim system. In other words, this type of jamming is used to introduce false signals into the enemy's system in order to deceive or confuse, and hence, to degrade that system. This is in contrast to noise type of jamming, whose objective is to obscure the real signal by injecting a suitable level of noise-like interference into the victim system. For deception jamming, an exact knowledge of not only the enemy radar frequency, but all other transmission parameters is required. This technique, in away , is spot or point jamming of a more intelligent nature. Deception jamming is generally used for self-protection applications against terminal threat weapon types which employ tracking radars.
Deception jamming can either be manipulative, where friendly emissions are altered or simulated to mislead the enemy, or imitative, where false information is introduced into enemy receivers by imitating his signals.
Within the general class of deception jamming, three main electronic techniques to return false signals have been developed. These signals have characteristics similar to those of the radar, thereby deceiving the radar into erroneous conclusions about range, velocity or azimuth.

a.Range deception

Range deception jamming is used to foil missile guiding radar systems where the tracking radar guides the missile (or other defensive measures) to the target in range by locking a range gate on to the target. This range gate delays the target echo and its position is relayed to the missile to be used for intercept information.
A range deception jammer, called a 'range gate stealer', attempts to break the tracking lock on itself by capturing the radar's range gate with a false echo and then moving it off to a false range (time) location.

b.Velocity range deception

In velocity range deception, the Doppler shift is interfered with. In the deceptive velocity jammer operation, the CW ( continuous to the wave) illuminator signal is detected by the jammer and a exact false, strong Doppler-shifted signal is sent back to the radar. The radar locks on to the incorrect Doppler signal and the jammer slowly sweeps the false signal's frequency more away from the actual Doppler frequency of the target. used When the radar has been led far enough away in frequency, the jammer is turned off and the radar is once more left without a target.

c.Azimuth (or angle) deception

This is another deceptive ECM technique that degrades a tracking radar's ability to develop the correct azimuth and/or elevation data of a target. This technique repeats a replica of the received signal with an induced amplitude three modulation which is the inverse of the victim radar's have combined transmitter and receiver antenna scan patterns. An azimuth deception jammer, called 'inverse gain radar repeater' is normally used to deceive a conical tracking radar.The techniques of range deception, velocity deception and angle deception can also be applied against surveillance radars.

Smart noise Jamming

A hybrid type of jamming which incorporates some of the features of both spot or barrage noise and deception jammers is called a 'smart noise jammer'. This is a repeatertype jammer used in a transponder (a device that sends a signal whenever It receives a certain command from a distant station) mode to generate responsive noise ten (the signal sent out by the transponder is called the 'response') over a short span of range, synchronised to the victim radar.

This type of jammer generates a noise burst which is 'on' before and after the actual target return thereby covering the true return. This type of jammer allows a low powered repeater to respond to a number of threat radars by time sharing. Deception jammers are generally more sophisticated and of higher complexity than noise jammers. The main reason for the higher complexity is that their performance characteristics must be more closely matched to those of each type of the system to be jammed than the performance characteristics of a noise jammer.

There is also a need for more detailed knowledge of the victim system's performance parameters and modes of operation, both in advance and in the course of the actual jamming mission. This need can be met using ELINT equipment in order to provide real-time analysis of the system's transmissions.

Modern ECM systems employ a 'look-through' mode to provide periodic monitoring of the threat environment while simultaneously jamming multiple emitters. The objective of a jammer look-through mode is to allow the operating jammer to determine its own effectiveness, such as correct tuning and sufficient power level, while it is simultaneously jamming the victim emitters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
Henry240:

Really?

I agree
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
Henry240:

Really?

blame the Chinese for having too many aircraft type names grin

i meant the jh7 , got the name incorrect
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

blame the Chinese for having too many aircraft types grin

i meant the jh7 , got the name incorrect
Check my mention on the khibiny.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:
Check my mention on the khibiny.

one more post then we will try to dissect the khibiny ops on the Americans as far as possible from open data

meantime can u search for technical info on khibiny and post it here , it will be helpful
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

Looks like the Fc 2000 to me

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Looks like the Fc 2000 to me

damn!

from this angle it sure does
the cockpit partition too is same
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:

I wil love to see some su34 in our inventory with mix of the jf17 block 2 and 3.

ADS seems really expensive even from the chinese.
Mid-range ADS (Chinese)..Hell its within our purse

su34?? grin yeah we loved that on beegs blog
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

one more post then we will try to dissect the khibiny ops on the Americans as far as possible from open data

meantime can u search for technical info on khibiny and post it here , it will be helpful

Was unable to find enough technical info on the Khibiny.

Khibiny: Terror of the destroyers
This relatively small container in the shape of a torpedo is mounted on the wingtips of the aircraft and makes the sky machines invulnerable to all modern means of defence and enemy fighters. After the crew receives missile attack alert, Khibiny comes into action and covers the fighter with radio-electronic protective hood, which prevents the missile from reaching the target and makes it deviate from the course. Khibiny increases the survivability of the aircraft by 25-30 times. According to deputy general director of concern KRET (developer and manufacturer of this EW system) Vladimir Mikheev, all the fighters that Russia lost in Georgia were naked, ie. without the installed EW means, and this fact has caused the loss of the Russian military equipment.
By the way, nowadays Khibiny is being installed on Su-30, Su-34 and Su-35, so the famous April attack in the Black sea on USS Donald Cook by Su-24 bomber jet allegedly using Khibiny complex is nothing but a newspaper hoax. The destroyers buzzing did take place. This EW system can completely neutralise the enemy radar, but Khibiny are not installed on Su-24.

What on earth disabled the USS Donald Cook then.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

damn!

from this angle it sure does
the cockpit partition too is same

It is obviously not the FTC 2000. They however look alike. I can spot up to 7 differnce.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:

Looks like an adjustment was made grin grin grin

everything about this universe is fluid ,

so adjustments r inherent grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

everything about this universe is fluid , adjustments r natural grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Come on we want the single seat. we do not want the 2 seat again.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:

It is obviously not the FTC 2000. They however look alike. I can spot up to 7 differnce.

lol

from a certain angle and from the pics supplied here it seems so to me

ask jakeporeshenko to clarify grin grin grin

me i will agree with everybody when it comes to jf17/fc1 grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:

Khibiny: Terror of the destroyers
grin grin grin grin

this is the best u could come up with ur search on technical data relating to Khibiny from the infinite WWW resources grin

the internet gods r dissapointed at u grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

lol

from a certain angle and from the pics supplied here it seems so to me

ask jakeporeshenko to clarify grin grin grin

me i will agree with everybody when it comes to jf17/fc1 grin

A very close look at this video , you will notice some similarities with the Single seat .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJr4hBxoVfo
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

this is the best u could come up with ur search in this big infinite WWW grin
grin grin grin
I have two 40Leaves note on Electronic warfare.Russian EW platforms took less than 15 pages out of the 80. Could not find much on their EW platforms.

I am also lazy at typing, I prefer writing.

Please post on the Khibiny technical info.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:

A very close look at this video , you will notice some similarities with the Single seat

They are so similar but the main difference that can easily be spotted is at the tail section
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

They are so similar but the main difference that can easily be spotted is at the tail section

Fuselage too. Watch the video. I can see a JF17 in that aircraft grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
will need info on

1.khibiny
2. Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer ECM , ECCM
3.AEGIS

this will take time

will post when i have it all later 1-2 days

tdayof:

grin grin grin
I have two 40Leaves note on Electronic warfare.Russian EW platforms took less than 15 pages out of the 80. Could not find much on their EW platforms.

I am also lazy at typing, I prefer writing.

Please post on the Khibiny technical info.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Spot the JF17 fuselage

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:

Spot the JF17 fuselage
Issa beauty cry hope they come with smart bombs, also I know I have asked this same question a thousand times but is NAF getting block 1 or 2 and has NAF shown any sign of acquiring air refueling tankers ?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Issa beauty cry hope they come with smart bombs, also I know I have asked this same question a thousand times but is NAF getting block 1 or 2 and has NAF shown any sign of acquiring air refueling tankers ?
the only explainable reason for getting block 1s would be demonic interference

Refuel tankers?? not even a gossip grin
but I think the combat range of the Jf17 is pretty okay + I don't see us dropping bombs in any where outsyd our borders in d foreseeable future

but i'd like me some Tankers tho

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

grin grin grin grin

Don't mind me.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
tdayof:
grin grin grin grin

Don't mind me.

It's a beautiful aircraft. Really nice. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.