Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (987697 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:12pm On May 22, 2018
In the future both would meet in hostile sky's.

The best pilot would surely win.

Only skills and training would matter then.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 22, 2018
Presentation on AMCA

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:16pm On May 22, 2018
Most people don't know that by default the MiG-21 has a small RCS. comparable to semi-stealth fighter jets.

Mikoyan Mig-21 LanceR. This head on view displays to great advantage the Mig-21's small cross section. Keep in mind that this is a close up shot. At high speed and long range, the Mig-21 is very difficult to spot visually. This is one of the factors which gave the Mig-21 it's advantage over more advanced adversaries in Vietnam.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2018
A USAF's C-5 Globetrotter cargo aircraft dropping a minuteman ICBM
Technically making it a Bomber.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2018
A USAF's C-5 Globetrotter cargo aircraft dropping a minuteman ICBM
Technically making it a Bomber.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2018
The big guns. When you need them, you call in the artillery. While rocket artillery has become more popular over the years, the mainstay of the artillery force is still the howitzers.

The basic howitzer is really just a big gun.
Over the years, the biggest change in howitzer design lies in it's mobility and portability.

From awkward numb lumps that had to be manhandled by a troop of soldiers to tracked self propelled versions to the current favorite lightweight truck mounted ones that are air portable. The main evolution of artillery has been to get them to the front and into action as quickly as possible to inflict maximum damage on the enemy

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:20pm On May 22, 2018
Only few knows that this is not a tank.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2018
What is unique about this M-1 Abrams

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:22pm On May 22, 2018
ATE SuperHind Mk.III aka Paramount Group Nighthawk

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 22, 2018
lionel4power:
Mr. Invincible

Yes! That was what we were made to believe until Colonel Zoltan Dani of the Serbian Army targeted the "Spirit of Missouri" & jolted the Amerikan bastards awake from their illusion of McDonald's burger. grin

Mr. Invisible/Invincible - my black scrotum! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qi1z4vh79A

With their sophisticated & unrivaled military hardwares; The Russians will rule the world forever! Hahahahahaaaa! grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2018
This picture is a warning.

Most people won't get it.

So let me explain.

Sopwith Camel = WW I
Supermarine SPITFIRE = WW II
F-35 =

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:27pm On May 22, 2018
The Russians pioneered the APS system.

T-55AD. The T-55AD is the first tank to be equipped with a hard-kill Active Protection System (APS) against Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM). The Soviets pioneered the concept of APS as a lighter alternative to increasing protection instead of making the armor thicker or adding on extra external armor.

Despite being the pioneers, the Soviets, and later Russians, never deployed APS on a wide scale. Neither did the concept catch on or find favor elsewhere until the Israelis developed their own APS and deployed it in combat. After the Israeli baptism of fire, APS suddenly became the talk of the town and the popular new gadget everyone must have.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 22, 2018
Drdo Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) for surveillance, reconnaissance & precision targeting for UAVs

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 22, 2018
lionel4power:
What is unique about this M-1 Abrams

APS
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 22, 2018
Jaguar Darin 3 upgraded with AESA radar.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 22, 2018
Drdo SAAW PGM navigation module

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 22, 2018
New MFDs and hud from halbit

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 22, 2018
Rudra

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:48pm On May 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

APS
what APS?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 22, 2018
Twin engined Multi role helicopter under development

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:49pm On May 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

APS
what APS?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:50pm On May 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

I hope it sinks soon grin
Not in you lifetime.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 22, 2018
lionel4power:
what APS?

Active protection system
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

What about seaworthiness and persistence and endurance and damage resistance

Firepower is just a single aspect
It u get hit and Ur ship can't absorb the damage and strike back then it's a loss.

My point we must factor in all aspects and not limit ourselves to firepower only.

Obviously tactics will play a role which will look to exploit the strong points.

And these classe of ship's have a definite role that is hit and run.

Anyways
Will need baptism by fire to come to a definite conclusion grin
The concept of conventional naval warfare is fast changing, those days of large near-peer vessels countering each other's maneuver is all but gone.

What we have now is smaller but highly maneuverable vessels packing a bigger punch. Hit fast and hard then bailout to the protected zone.

The Russian Project 22160-class patrol ship is similar to what the US is building in the LCS.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:58pm On May 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

Active protection system
it's a Rafael Trophy APS.
When US and Isreal collaborated on the project.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 22, 2018
lionel4power:

Not in you lifetime.

If a w*ore like Diana can become a saint in my lifetime then everything is possible. wink

I was a kid then though grin

Anyways the Diana business is a good case study on how misinformation , media subversion , misdirection of issues can be implemented on a global scale successfully.

All ball the queen grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 22, 2018
lionel4power:
it's a Rafael Trophy APS.

When US and Isreal collaborated on the project.

Seriously grin

U asked what

Not which
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 11:01pm On May 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

Seriously grin
U asked what
Not which
Im sure you probably knew.
smiley
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 22, 2018
lionel4power:

Im sure you probably knew.

smiley

Actually i was bluffing grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 11:04pm On May 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

Actually i was bluffing grin
I knew you were bluffing smiley
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 22, 2018
lionel4power:
I knew you were bluffing smiley

Actually I was bluffing that u knew that I was bluffing grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 11:25pm On May 22, 2018
jln115:

USS Missouri doing what a fleet of Arleigh Burke class destroyers couldn't do.....sink Alien ship grin grin grin

Conclusion Iowa class>Arleigh Burke class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQQhdaoSMOs
Wait are you comparing Iowa class with A Burke?

Not even Kirov!!

Edited
Okay now I get it.... Battleship movie

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.