Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) (105488 Views)

Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story / A Song For Bola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CuteChiluv: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2016
Hmmmmm, matters arising, legs crossed and waitig for the drama to unfold
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Missmossy(f): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
Keep it coming,kudos.
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 11:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
CuteChiluv:
Hmmmmm, matters arising, legs crossed and waitig for the drama to unfold
yes dear
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:00am On Jul 21, 2016
Missmossy:
Keep it coming,kudos.
no wahala!
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:00am On Jul 21, 2016
Osaze20091:
This is so Good....Thumb up
tnk u
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:01am On Jul 21, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA BY ROSE AKPABIO-13
‘excuse me’? Vega asked not sure of what his father had just said…maybe he was talking about Tony not him…
‘You heard me well boy…and stop acting like a vegetable…I warned your stupid mom not to call you ‘Vega’ now see how you are acting …so weak…man up!’ he thundered….
‘You are getting married to Fisayo Makanjuola …..and it’s not negotiable’… the lion smiled mischievously…his plans were gradually hatching out…
Fifi’s father was lost for words…he didn’t want his daughter getting married to a man she didn’t love but what choice did he have? He had to salvage his dying company and he had to meet up with Evelyn’s expensive taste…
‘Dad you must be joking…you know very well that I am in love with another woman…you know Carol has been the girl of my dreams and now you are about to ruin my life’ he couldn’t believe this sort of joke…could his father actually mean this?
‘You sound so weak Vega….in order to prove yourself worthy of taking over from me, you have to take risks…climb bridges with your eyes closed…and marriage is not about love…afterall I and your mother had love for each other but look at the way we turned out’ the lion rose from his seat and walked towards the window…
Fifi’s dad sat uncomfortably as he watched the bitter exchange between father and son…
‘Don’t even go there dad…you ruined your marriage with your own hands and I won’t have you ruin my chances with Carol…this meeting is over’ he quickly rose up and approached the door but his father’s threat froze him…
‘I give you fifty days from now…to follow my instructions….after which I will hand you the company and all its documents but if you fail…I will disinherit you completely’…. He turned and saw the fear in his eyes…Vega was his son and he knew what was best for him…and Carol Edoho wasn’t anything close to the best….
‘Dad what have I done to deserve such cruelty’? he spoke with a broken voice…
‘Nothing son…I want you to prove to me your worth…prove that you can handle this empire I created for our bloodline…I would’ve simply chosen Tony but no…this empire belongs to you, it is your birthright’.
Vega stared angrily at the man who was the cause of his woes…sitting quietly and innocently waiting for him to take his daughter’s hand in marriage, before storming out.
Bola closed her eyes and allowed the music to sift through her ears… she was enjoying this…she felt better as she practiced her piece for the next audition…she couldn’t fail…she had to make it and there was no other song as perfect as Beyonce’s ‘Halo’. It was quite difficult at first but with subsequent practice she was going to scale through.
Then her heart sank as she thought about him…she couldn’t get him out of her thoughts…she knew so little about him…she picked up her phone curiously as she typed his name on her screen… ‘Vega Oluwatosin’ she mused as she began reading his profile on Facebook…
From what she could see…his pictures and comments showed he was a nice guy with a good sense of humor…but she never got to around his hatred for her. She saw the disgust that filled his eyes anytime he saw her…but she couldn’t understand…
Suddenly feeling foolish, she quickly logged out of her account and continued her rehearsals…
He carefully explained the situation of things to his wife who hadn’t started an argument for the first time since their marriage…
‘You mean Fifi would be getting married to the billionaire Vega’? she smiled excitedly…
Her husband was confused…what sort of a mother would rejoice that her child was going into a marriage that was more or less forced…
‘Dear husband…this has been the best news I have heard in a long while…meanwhile don’t bother about the other money anylonger…am going to pay for that…meanwhile Fifi has to hear about this’… she quickly yelled for her daughter…who rushed in excitedly…
‘Darling…get ready…soon you are getting married to Vega Oluwatosin’ she beamed at her daughter, who was a bit confused…
‘Mom…I don’t understand…if am correct he is that rich guy we see on tv sometimes…’ she almost smiled at her luck but she held herself…
‘of course dear..you are right’ Evelyn widened her smile…it was too good to be true…
Her husband was shocked to see their reaction…too angry to speak he slowly got up and left for his room… he was a failure…married to a woman who was a failure herself…he wished only to see his beloved daughter and beg for her forgiveness because death was eating him up slowly….
‘So mum…aside from this marriage news…how about the competition…there’s so much hype on the internet about the upcoming audition’…
‘Don’t worry about that…I already got you a slot…trust your mother now…just focus on this competition in the next few weeks…when you are done we move over to the marriage issue’ she winked at her child..
Getting Fikayo a spot wasn’t easy at all…but money could work wonders…she’d bought the heart of the producers with two million naira each…who could refuse that? They had it all planned and by God’s grace her daughter would win ….
Fifi hugged her mother happily as she ran upstairs to tell her friends …soon she was going to meet with Bola…whom majority of Nigerians had referred to as ‘Bee baby’… but Bola wasn’t the strongest contender…. One Carol girl was, the girl was a sight to behold… but she wasn’t perturbed…it wasn’t about beauty because she also had it but not enough to win a pageant…with her mother and all those connections …she was sure to win….
‘What has the lion done this time’? Ismail asked concerned as he saw the frown on Vega’s face..
‘he’s about to ruin my life…I don’t even know where to start from…Tony was right…I wish I avoided that meeting’…how could he dump Carol for another? His father was a total psycho…he was quite sure of that…he derived great pleasure from playing with people’s future…
‘At least tell me what the problem is…I could help’ Ismail offered…he had worked with the Oluwatosin’s for as long as he could remember and he knew the lion well…he loved games…and what he loved most was a man who could beat him at his own game…
Vega carefully explained in details the conditions his father had given him…
Ismail couldn’t believe it…that was more than a game… but they had to act fast…
‘Vega…you must keep this to yourself…remember Carol has a competition and this kind of news could affect her…keep this till after the competition which would last for just three weeks…after then we would find a solution to all this’…
Vega nodded quietly…Ismail was right…if Carol got to know about his father’s plan it could destabilize her…but yet still…he wondered why his father hadn’t approved Carol to be his wife…she was beautiful and nice…although she came from a middle class family but he didn’t care about that…
Something was up and he didn’t feel right about it…

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:01am On Jul 21, 2016
next update sartuday! enjoy! keep following
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CaraJewel(f): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2016
Angelsss:
next update sartuday! enjoy! keep following
y naw
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 12:43am On Jul 23, 2016
A SONG FOR BOLA -14
As usual the venue for the audition was filled with people, although much lesser in number than the previous audition. This was the semi-finals and the top 10 best singers were to be chosen for the final competition. So it was going to be a tough one… she watched a bit anxiously from her television.Bola decided to dress down a little bit…she didn’t like the way Brianna stared at her like she was a slut or something…
If Brianna wasn’t a celebrity she would probably think they’ve met somehere before considering the way the lady looked at her like a prey she couldn’t wait to bite… carefully she brushed her Peruvian weave applying mascara lightly to her thick lashes…then she wore a nude lipstick…she was all for the natural look…
Just in time Rosemary showed up….
‘I don’t like the way you are dressed’ she began …. ‘you’re going to be on tv and people are going to watch’ …
But Bola wasn’t going to budge, she just wanted to keep it simple…
‘Okay’ her friend shrugged giving up, as they both entered the car and left for the audition ground.
‘Angel am sorry I won’t be able to accompany you today for the audition but I promise to stand by you no matter what’…Vega explained sadly as Carol watched him quietly with her eyes…
She knew when something bothered him greatly…maybe it was a business deal he was trying to seal….she decided to give him some space…he needed that…
‘No problem dear…just take good care of yourself for me okay?’ she whispered as she kissed him passionately before breaking off to get prepared for the competition…
She felt it in her bones, she was going to win no matter what…the bets already favored her and her fan base multiplied by the second….many were awed by the fact that she combined both beauty and talent…it was truly rare…and she was a rare gem…
‘Rare gem’ she whispered quietly as she slipped her golden necklace on…Vega was the kind of man girls would beg to have…he had his weakness but he was just perfect for her… she closed her eyes and remembered how they first met…instantly they both connected to each other and knew from then….they were soulmates….
That’s why she was singing ‘Always and forever’ by Shania twain…one of her favorites and she knew people enjoyed every bit of romantic songs…
‘Fikayo hurry we are running late’ Evelyn complained as she sat uncomfortably in the car waiting for her daughter …
Dami was already getting annoyed…he had to cancel his date with one of his girlfriends just to drive his mom and Fifi for some darn competition… the only thing that interested him was seeing Bola…would she be happy to see him? Well he wasn’t expecting her to be so welcoming after the way his mom had treated her…
‘Am here mother…how do I look’? she spun around hoping to gain some compliments from her mom but one look at her mother’s face and that of Dami sent her straight into the car…
‘Fifi… make sure you win ..i have done everything possible to get you a spot on the Golden Voice…now the ball is in your backyard’…
‘I have heard you mother…I promise not to fail’.. she smiled happily…just like a dream she was going to be on television and next she was getting married to Vega Oluwatosin…one of the most wanted bachelors in the country…she just couldn’t believe her luck…just like one of the raps she loved listening to Nicki Minaj once said ‘am not lucky, am blessed’ that was much applicable to her situation…
‘We are here Fifi….go shame yourself’ Dami teased as he brought the vehicle to a halt…
There was little time to waste as the show kicked off almost immediately as Bola arrived….she felt a bit nervous like the first time but Rose encouraged her all the way…
This time, the contestants were asked to stay behind the stage…she couldn’t see everyone …they were about fifty in number… but she quickly made friends with a tiny girl…Doshima who seemed shy at first but was a real fast talker…
Just as they continued chatting till the sound resembled buzzing of bees in a hive…the first contestant was called up….
‘Let’s welcome our first contestant for the night…Doshima Adams’ the tiny girl froze at where she stood but she was quick to compose herself and took to the stage majestically…
The other contestants watched quietly from the television they were provided with…from the mistakes of other contestants they were sure to improve upon their pattern..
She couldn’t believe what she’d just seen…she was the one! The very same one she had seen with Vega…
She felt her heart race…was Vega here? Could she take this stage while he sat in the audience with his mocking glare at her? Suddenly she felt her stomach make some noises….lord! this was going to be terrible…
‘Are you okay’? Rose observed a change in her friend…something was up, meanwhile she couldn’t tear her eyes off the contestant on the stage…Carol was too beautiful and her voice was magnetic…you could hardly resist its sweetness and for the first time…she feared for her friend…
‘Am surprised Brianna is smiling…she must really like that girl’ one of the contestants observed and Bola quickly turned to see a smiling Brianna…
Who was this Carol? She had literally bought the heart of all the judges with her charisma…. ‘Rose am scared o’ she whispered quietly to her friend who rubbed her back gently…
‘it’s going to be okay…do not be scared…you will win dear..i believe in you’ but it wasn’t going to be okay because the next contestant was totally going to throw Bola off balance…
‘Ladies and Gentlemen please put your hands for Fikayo Makanjuola also known as Fifi’ ….
Brianna stared at the girl suspiciously….the producers had forced them to include her among the semi-finalists for no tangible reason….but who were they to disobey? They were mere judges and could be replaced….
‘Bola I can’t believe this…it’s actually your half sister’…Rose breathed heavily…what was the meaning of all these?
Bola was too stunned to move…first of all Vega’s girlfriend was in the competition then the daughter of Evelyn…the devil of a stepmother…invariably her father was definitely going to be there….and they would mock her together…
She rose up quickly and paced about the large room…then she mistakenly tripped over a stool…
Rose quickly rushed to her rescue…. ‘ Bee are you okay’?
Bola tried to suck in the sobs that were already coming…but she wasn’t fast enough…. ‘I can’t do this Rose…am going to die’.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by teamplayey: 1:31am On Jul 23, 2016
Kindof short but still Spicy. Kudos @ Angelsss
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 1:54am On Jul 27, 2016
To Buy from Okadabooks.com, follow the following procedures:
Download the okadabooks reading app from google play
Go to ‘refill account’
Refill with the options given
Refill slightly higher than the price of the book
Because VAT applies
Download the book
Read and drop your comment in the ‘review box’.
For more enquiries visit aishayasmina©yahoo.com.
The following books are available for downloads
-In love with her pastor by Rose Akpabio 1&2
- Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio
- Emediong by Rose Akpabio.
Happy reading!
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/songs_of_lovea_song_for_bola/12084#.V9dlkx1U5WI.whatsapp

here's the link for the complete story...A song for Bola
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/songs_of_lovea_song_for_bola/12084#.V9dlkx1U5WI.whatsapp

for the PDF...email me @aishayasmina@yahoo.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 1:54am On Jul 27, 2016
next update would be longer! sorry o
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by teamplayey: 2:45am On Jul 27, 2016
Ok @ Angelsss. Still I read
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by TemitopeMercy: 7:41am On Jul 27, 2016
no problem ma,thanks a lot sis angelsss,following gently
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Missmossy(f): 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
Interesting, keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by dammyluv911(f): 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
gud work
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 3:24am On Jul 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 3:25am On Jul 29, 2016
sorry guys ...was so busy on Thursday! next update on Sunday! manage this... happy weekend
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 3:25am On Jul 29, 2016
sorry guys ...was so busy on Thursday! next update on Sunday! manage this... happy weekend
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CuteChiluv: 10:32am On Jul 29, 2016
Thanks angel, looking forward to sunday even though it looks verrryyy far, welldone
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Tife101(m): 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Wow! You are talented! Well done Angeles. I hope this one will be long. Nice story tho.

More grace....
More knowledge...
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Tife101(m): 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Wow! You are talented! Well done Angelsss. I hope this one will be long. Nice story tho.

More grace....
More knowledge...
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by DeraLoveth(f): 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
Plsss....wen re we to xpect nxt update?
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
Tife101:
Wow! You are talented! Well done Angelsss. I hope this one will be long. Nice story tho.

More grace....
More knowledge...
thanks love....
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
DeraLoveth:
Plsss....wen re we to xpect nxt update?
Sunday dear.... am very busy o...
but it will be worth it...I promise
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
CuteChiluv:
Thanks angel, looking forward to sunday even though it looks verrryyy far, welldone
be patient love....
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by DeraLoveth(f): 8:48am On Jul 30, 2016
Lukin 4wd 2 sunday dr
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by boldndbeautiful(f): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2016
Angelsss:

Sunday dear.... am very busy o...
but it will be worth it...I promise

Hey angelsss, hope u r good, wat a wonderful piece u hv here, looking forward to tomoro, hv a gud day wink
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 2:20am On Jul 31, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Tife101(m): 6:29am On Jul 31, 2016
Nice update... Keep 'em coming
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by DeraLoveth(f): 10:11am On Jul 31, 2016
Dear........Z dis all we get 4 today ??
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by smoothvee(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
DeraLoveth:
Dear........Z dis all we get 4 today
??

Lol that was direct.... really nice story angel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / The Club a story - #nlwriters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.