Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,199 members, 7,860,301 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Muslims Reacting To My Head Scarf Style - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Reacting To My Head Scarf Style (673 Views)

How Do I Know If The Words Am Hearing In My Head Is From God? / January 27th Keeps Ringing Bells In My Head – Prophet Emmanuel Omale / Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Reacting To My Head Scarf Style by onila(f): 1:07am On Jul 12, 2016
I have been having a bad hair day lately

so whenever i go to the grocery store or somewhere close by, I wear a scarf

now I know how it feels being Muslim

whenever a Muslim sees me, they usually ask me are u muslim with a huge smile on their face

today a somali girl greeted me in school in the muslim language. I cldnt understand. she came closer and said are u muslim
I was like naa, oh sorry
and i also told her. .I usually get that alot because of my scarf. she smiled and left

now i understand why muslims are so proud
there is this love they have each other
its amazing

I will be wearing this scarf more often, to get attention from muslims, loving the experience

1 Like

Re: Muslims Reacting To My Head Scarf Style by emmysexxy(f): 1:09am On Jul 12, 2016
k
Re: Muslims Reacting To My Head Scarf Style by Presbulg(m): 2:03am On Jul 12, 2016
onila:
I have been having a bad hair day lately

so whenever i go to the grocery store or somewhere close by, I wear a scarf

now I know how it feels being Muslim

whenever a Muslim sees me, they usually ask me are u muslim with a huge smile on their face

today a somali girl greeted me in school in the muslim language. I cldnt understand. she came closer and said are u muslim
I was like naa, oh sorry
and i also told her. .I usually get that alot because of my scarf. she smiled and left

now i understand why muslims are so proud
there is this love they have each other
its amazing

I will be wearing this scarf more often, to get attention from muslims, loving the experience

Yeah you're right and it's nice reading your compliments too. That's the just way it is. Islam is more than a religion it's an entire way of life.

You were greeted with 'As-salamu Alaykum' which means 'Peace be upon you' and if you were a muslim or have knowledge about the way muslims greet, you'd have replied with ' Wa'alaykum Salam' which means 'upon you too, peace. I'd just say the next time this happens or until you learn it(If you want) you should just smile and nod to the person greeting you. It goes a long way. Peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Reacting To My Head Scarf Style by JackBizzle: 3:48am On Jul 12, 2016
Interpretation matters.

Some people might see this and say that the people have love for one another when they can Identify themselves through dressing i.e the scarf.

Some people might see this and call it selective cult-ish behavior. They like to separate themselves from others- very divisive.
Re: Muslims Reacting To My Head Scarf Style by onila(f): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
JackBizzle:
Interpretation matters.

Some people might see this and say that the people have love for one another when they can Identify themselves through dressing i.e the scarf.

Some people might see this and call it selective cult-ish behavior. They like to separate themselves from others- very divisive.

i dont think they separate themselves from everyone
they just have pride
Re: Muslims Reacting To My Head Scarf Style by JackBizzle: 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
onila:

i dont think they separate themselves from everyone
they just have pride

The KKK have white pride. Selective bunch of people too...

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/16 / Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh / Any Native Doctor Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.