Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man (41733 Views)

2 Fashion Mistakes You Are Making With Your Wrist Watch / 10 Fashion Mistakes That Make You Look Old And Worn / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by ifykem: 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Men shld learn from dis, fashion has no ending

2 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by obajoey(m): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nice share
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Lahotte(m): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Overdressing sef na problem... You can't were suit to a casual outing,u look odd...

So picking your clothes too is one..

Nice tips tho

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by AngelAhnie(f): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ok
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by wharley01(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
we don hear

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
Op i decline on over sized shit....some people re nice on oversized shirt maybe medium but of its a long sleave...it must have fitted hands....and even celebs wear ties on short sleaves...but nice post

3 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by papae1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
I hear @ op
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by omowolewa: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
Gbam
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by femiranking28(m): 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
Op you have not seen well starched white big shirt with jeans and a good footwear making sense jor...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
i wear what i have. .what if i only hav shortsleeve shirt nd i dnt have bow tie n i must put on tie 4 an occasion wnt i wear it like that ?. .for diz naija we wear what we hav ni oo..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by phenase(m): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
cool Hello MR. What I Like is what I wear, as far as Money flows, Is my style, and by the way, Why is it your Business?
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by vickylala239: 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
2. Wearing short socks underneath your trousers

It’s a total No No to wear short socks. The right thing to do is to wear socks that go way up tp your calves, so when you sit, your skin remains invisible.

Does it matter?

money can correct wrong dressing, as Ppl look @ your pocket not dressing..

Who cares if your tie is 50feet long....

Most celebrities dress badly,Bt no body cares .....

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by redcliff: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
4. Buttons on Suits

It’s considered a fashion blunder to button up your suit jacket. If it’s a suit with 3 buttons, button 2 and fly one. And if it’s a 2 button suit, button up one and fly the other.

I find this very stupi.d out of other dress code rules for men. What is the other button there for if you cannot button it up. I do that and its super cool!

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by braine(m): 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Whats the big deal? Some of us just dress to fulfill the basic need to cover our bodies na.

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by chubbygal(f): 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Over to- match is very funny grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Spells(m): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Thank jah am guilty of non.... cheesy
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Koolking(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
Your list is subjective. Fashion is all about wearing what makes you feel comfortable and also appealing to people. Even at that, not everyone will approve of your apparels, choice of colors and style. I personally stick to wearing what makes me feel comfortable and sending the right message by my appearance at the same time.

Wearing straight ties with shortsleeved shirts is not a fashion flop to me. Your choice of colors and your personal mien are factors to consider if you mean to look dashing and acceptable.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by dukeo(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
3. Wearing warped shoes

I know they might be your favorite and you’re not sure of finding them on any shoe shelf, please leave them at home. Some things don’t last forever.

Informative = yeah. But I would like to see a picture because I don't understand this point. #noinsultsplease. My mama told me that person wey de ask no de loss

5 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lonelydora: 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
I corrected someone about that number 1 and he almost slapped me. It's a turn off for me.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by LaExpert: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
I really don't think there's such thing as 'fashion blunder.' What is trendy is what many go with.

Fashion is an individual thing and it is definitely dynamic, what seems cool today may be odd tomorrow.

...buh you shouldn't wear something that offends or irritates others though.

My opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by PencilBox: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
the OP posted a bunch of nonsense..
bfor you quote me...

"who in the world made fashion rules?"
and how may I get the constitution?

dressing is about ones culture, mood etc.. and above all possession(wealth)

there's nothing.. I repeat NOTHING wrong with #1... the only thing I agree with is the *baggy dressing*"

I'm arra here mehn!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by HankzBae(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
2. Wearing short socks underneath your trousers

It’s a total No No to wear short socks. The right thing to do is to wear socks that go way up tp your calves, so when you sit, your skin remains invisible.

I refuse to agree with this number. Haba! … a times some nonsense makes sense. shikena.

Its called style
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by ahmadu1511(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
3. Wearing warped shoes

I know they might be your favorite and you’re not sure of finding them on any shoe shelf, please leave them at home. Some things don’t last forever.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by JhyMedex: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
http://omgvoice.com/news/fashion-mistakes-man/

1. Wearing straight ties with shortsleeved shirts

That’s a major fashion blunder. You’re no longer in high school. Preferably, if you must wear a tie, try bow ties instead. They look way better.
I concur wit most of ur pts.... Bt I'll av 2 disagree wit 1...
U seen me dressed like dt b4?..
U'll drool.. No homo...
It's nt abt wat ur wear... Na the Packaging sure pass...
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Genea:
Waiting for those that will come for your head

YOU YOU YOU
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by FakeNEWSevryday: 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
op, I don't understand the no 7
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Tedassie(m): 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
Genea:
Waiting for those will come for your head
Include 'Cannibals' to ur list of 'The Most Dangerous Nairalander'
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by chimoskyg(m): 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=myners007 post=47464762]Wearing of stockings inside shoe when putting on traditional attire is a BiG fashion

I disagree with you on dis 1
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by abbey621(m): 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
Topics like this needs to come with a warning ***OPINION****! What is fashion? Is it not people experimenting with different combinations and styles of dressing, presenting it to the world till it becomes acceptable or a trend. The baggy shirt or jeans is fashionable to certain demographics, short socks are fashionable depending on the occasion or combination. At a point in time people went gaga for TM shirts, now it's basically poo, at a point in time double breasted suits with vests were the toast of the business world now it's a burden. So I ask again what is fashion?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by loadedvibes: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
5. Wearing oversized/baggy shirts

Shirts aren’t supposed to be baggy. They’re supposed to fit! A good rule of thumb is to get a shirt that fits as close to your body as you can while you retain free range of movement in your arms.

I don't agree with this OP. If you are wearing a starched sleeve it has to be big. Then it can standout . Abi you never wear starch sleeve before.

Infact this post alone is enough for me to say this post is a copy and paste post and not an original post.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Stanbeto: 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
Dressing Resipy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Albino Contest In Kenya (Photos) / Ellen Nielsen Stuns In Nigerian Attire / Amazing Makeup Transformation Of An Albino Lady (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.