Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man (41731 Views)

2 Fashion Mistakes You Are Making With Your Wrist Watch / 10 Fashion Mistakes That Make You Look Old And Worn / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Fashion is evolving,you need to do away with the old mentality & imbibe the new rules.
Warped shoes OP means shoe wey don weak showing lines. U goofed with that pic
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
I will like to add few rules
1) Your trouser should have little or no breaks. It shows your sense of style
2) Never wear a back pack on a suit, it just spoils the whole package. Get a good leather bag
3) Invest in quality shoes, don't always wear black shoes. Get other colours too. Don't be boring
4) Pls do away with square shoe (loafers) if wearing suit. Invest in pointed shoes like this below, its called a brogue. A woman Notices the shoe first in a mans appearance.
#Good suit on a bad looking shoe spoils everything!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Boring: 11:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
I bet even the op doesnt do what he preach...

fashion 101;
Wear anything that makes ur skin feels comfortable in it.

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nyceguy92: 12:38am On Jul 13, 2016
It is not enough to say a particular fashion sense is unacceptable...
Sometimes these fashion dos and donts do not have rational explanation.
Could the OP please explain. I am curious.

I still query why wearing a shirt with a short sleeve shirt is fashion blunder.
Who made the rule?
I have seen lots of people, even uni lecturers, who wore ties with short sleeves and they looked very smart.
In fact , the combo gives sharper looks than long sleeves.

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nyceguy92: 12:44am On Jul 13, 2016
Boring:
I bet even the op doesnt do what he preach...

fashion 101;
Wear anything that makes ur skin feels comfortable in it.

And anything that makes you look good.
Some fashion rules are like slavery.
Who made them, anyway?

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by YOLO1(m): 1:01am On Jul 13, 2016
Heard wearing laced shoes when putting on native is also a fashion blunder. How true is this?
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by gentlefada(m): 1:09am On Jul 13, 2016
kennygee:
Very informative.

Carrying a backpack with your business look is a fashion and business faux pas.
lawyers are guilty of that.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by myners007: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2016
lisimmo:

I disagree. Shoes are English not traditional hence shoes should always go with socks. So it's either you wear a traditional attire with sandals or you wear it with shoes AND STOCKINGS
u are a learner or a Mugu
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by bobgem001(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2016
piagetskinner:

Oboy this na fashion accident
grin
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lisimmo(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2016
myners007:
u are a learner or a Mugu

You are an illiterate AND a m.oron
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by myners007: 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
lisimmo:

You are an illiterate AND a m.oron
Phd from the prestigious University of Birmingham wasnt a fluke
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lisimmo(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
myners007:
Phd from the prestigious University of Birmingham wasnt a fluke

PhD not 'Phd'. So much for illiteracy.

Meanwhile these are some of your blunders from the past. The internet never forgets you know.

myners007:
Westerhof will soon cried out over unpaid salaries

myners007:
AG should ensure that the trials are installed

myners007:
This Mod should win the award for the most dumbest topic posted on Nairaland 2016.

So so much for 'Phd' and illiteracy.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by myners007: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
lisimmo:

PhD not 'Phd'. So much for illiteracy.
It's quite obvious that you are a retarded and demented savage who is seeking relevance through the platform of Nairaland. Please visit a shrink and get yourself examined and treated

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Opeyemi4real(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
Keep deceiving yourself o, even the white men are not left out in the violation of this your 'fashion laws'. Pls prove me wrong!
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lisimmo(m): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
myners007:
It's quite obvious that you are a retarded and demented savage who is seeking relevance through the platform of Nairaland. Please visit a shrink and get yourself examined and treated

E pain am. I gave him a nice upper cut. He cried. Kpele grin grin cheesy

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by CuteTj(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
Koolking:
Your list is subjective. Fashion is all about wearing what makes you feel comfortable and also appealing to people. Even at that, not everyone will approve of your apparels, choice of colors and style. I personally stick to wearing what makes me feel comfortable and sending the right message by my appearance at the same time.

Wearing straight ties with shortsleeved shirts is not a fashion flop to me. Your choice of colors and your personal mien are factors to consider if you mean to look dashing and acceptable.

You're so correct. Fashion is about wearing what makes you comfortable. Those that made the so called fashion rules formed their style so what should stop me from forming my own style too? They don't have a monopoly of styles jare.

I wear ties on short sleeved shirts to the office and I must confess, I get flattering comments on those occasions. I have decided to adopt the style forever. Pls if you know where I can get lovely short sleeved shirts either ready made or sewn, kindly let me know.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Koolking(m): 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
CuteTj:

You're so correct. Fashion is about wearing what makes you comfortable. Those that made the so called fashion rules formed their style so what should stop me from forming my own style too? They don't have a monopoly of styles jare.

I wear ties on short sleeved shirts to the office and I must confess, I get flattering comments on those occasions. I have decided to adopt the style forever. Pls if you know where I can get lovely short sleeved shirts either ready made or sewn, kindly let me know.

Coliseum on Oregun Road, Ikeja used to be a place for smart shirts - but their prices now are impossible. You can get a world class Tailor at Tinubu Square, Lagos and get your shirts shown to specifications.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Albino Contest In Kenya (Photos) / Ellen Nielsen Stuns In Nigerian Attire / Amazing Makeup Transformation Of An Albino Lady (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.