Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man (41729 Views)

2 Fashion Mistakes You Are Making With Your Wrist Watch / 10 Fashion Mistakes That Make You Look Old And Worn / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by samsam2019: 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
Oh pep guardiola is a Nigerian man

5 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
That your no 5 no be here oo angry

Na baggy shirt sure pass.

#TeamBaggyShirt#TeamVintage cheesy
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by blessingee: 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
If this is all, then am a fashionista!
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Project400: 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
You forgot to add:

"MY OPINION"
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by keniolawumi56(m): 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
No be wetin person get person go wear, noted though

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by keniolawumi56(m): 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
samsam2019:
Oh pep guardiola is a Nigerian man
I tire oooo
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
Thank you op
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by engrhorla(m): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
redcliff:

I find this very stupi.d out of other dress code rules for men. What is the other button there for if you cannot button it up. I do that and its super cool!

Nairalanders sha, you don't have to call something stupid to make your pont

By d way, do you know that you are supppposed to unbutton your suit if you want to sit down?
And u button up after u get up
Imagine how cumbersome and stressful it will be when u button up on 3 button suit

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by DRock27: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Which one be warped shoes?

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by professore(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Following for a few,not that I agreed to all.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nigerians and a very poor fashion Sense

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by ummeey: 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
http://omgvoice.com/news/fashion-mistakes-man/

On every man’s road to dressing better, he learns quite a few things about style

Keep reading to make sure you don’t make the same mistakes — and learn how to fix them, if you do.

1. Wearing straight ties with shortsleeved shirts

That’s a major fashion blunder. You’re no longer in high school. Preferably, if you must wear a tie, try bow ties instead. They look way better.
I hate this one
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
Koolking:
Your list is subjective. Fashion is all about wearing what makes you feel comfortable and also appealing to people. Even at that, not everyone will approve of your apparels, choice of colors and style. I personally stick to wearing what makes me feel comfortable and sending the right message by my appearance at the same time.

Wearing straight ties with shortsleeved shirts is not a fashion flop to me also but allover the word Your choice of colors and your personal mien are factors to consider if you mean to look dashing and acceptable.

added 100% true,

even short sleeves and shorts is trending but in Nigeria if a grown man wears shorts (not three quarter) with sleeves we would say awkward
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by abike12(f): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
kennygee:
Very informative.

Carrying a backpack with your business look is a fashion and business faux pas.

It depends o. I recently started carrying backpack to work. Laptop and iPAD, drawings, books, calculator, lunch, etc. I was starting to get calluses on my hands from the load. Backpack it is, and some days I wear a blazer. shrugs.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by redcliff: 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
engrhorla:

Nairalanders sha, you don't have to call something stupid to make your pont

By d way, do you know that you are supppposed to unbutton your suit if you want to sit down?
And u button up after u get up
Imagine how cumbersome and stressful it will be when u button up on 3 button suit

lol. At first i thought you said I called the person stupid. until i read it properly. really, I would not change my stance on this. I think its really stoopid to say its a no no to only make use of one button rather than 2. To me there is nothing wrong with having them both buttoned up. its a matter of convenience. I agree with you for the sitting because you need to be comfortable and having them both up does not give you that comfort. IF you call unbuttoning just 3 buttons on a piece of suit cumbersome, man, I dont know what else to say to you.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by engrhorla(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
redcliff:

lol. At first i thought you said I called the person stupid. until i read it properly. really, I would not change my stance on this. I think its really stoopid to say its a no no to only make use of one button rather than 2. To me there is nothing wrong with having them both buttoned up. its a matter of convenience. I agree with you for the sitting because you need to be comfortable and having them both up does not give you that comfort. IF you call unbuttoning just 3 buttons on a piece of suit cumbersome, man, I dont know what else to say to you.

Thanks for reading careFULLy grin

Now, consider u unbutton 3 buttons before u sit and u have to button them up after u stand up

You sef reason am na

But the fact is fashion is personal to some extent

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by crazygod(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
myners007:
Wearing of stockings inside shoe when putting on traditional attire is a BiG fashion blunder
Not necessarily. Most Ijaw attires for men are made of suit material. In such cases, u can wear a skin socks with shoes. Slippers is a no no.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Koolking:
Your list is subjective. Fashion is all about wearing what makes you feel comfortable and also appealing to people. Even at that, not everyone will approve of your apparels, choice of colors and style. I personally stick to wearing what makes me feel comfortable and sending the right message by my appearance at the same time.

Wearing straight ties with shortsleeved shirts is not a fashion flop to me. Your choice of colors and your personal mien are factors to consider if you mean to look dashing and acceptable.

Fashion isnt for everyone....
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by redcliff: 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
engrhorla:

Thanks for reading careFULLy grin

Now, consider u unbutton 3 buttons before u sit and u have to button them up after u stand up

You sef reason am na

But the fact is fashion is personal to some extent

First I would not even buy a suit with three buttons.. they are for pastors only! grin. I can manage 2. and I would be super comfortable and okay buttoning and unbuttoning.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
chubbygal:
Over to- match is very funny grin
babe u don mad... Lmao
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
sugarwiz:
;DFashionister grin grin
beht why
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by JewelBukky(f): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
ANBAKO:
hmmm!!! Good points. I am a culprit of the second one (sometimes).

Op you might want to add wearing over sized (Long) belts that end in the middle of the yansh (waist) (Sometimes even pass)
Best practice is that your belt, after buckling, should not have more than 2-3 holes
Do you know that belts has sizes?

"Dress belts should have a few inches of leather to the left of the buckle once it’s fastened. Enough to tuck under your first belt loop, or the loop on the belt if it has one, is a good rule of thumb. Err on the side of shortness if you need to, rather than wrapping a long tail of leather around your hip a second time. "

Do good for good to come your way!!!
lol! So funny.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by babat89: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ho pee, you can't wear a short-sleeve shirt with tie?
What planet are you from? Over-sabi dey worry you!
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Raplibero(m): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
very good advice
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Uglykelvin(m): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
I disagree with that number 1, you need to see me with a fitted shortsleeve shirt and straight tiny tie kiss

1 Like

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Dollipsejay(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
veekid:
Perhaps no b wetin I have, I go wear
abi o
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by seunny4lif(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
abike12:

It depends o. I recently started carrying backpack to work. Laptop and iPAD, drawings, books, calculator, lunch, etc. I was starting to get calluses on my hands from the load. Backpack it is, and some days I wear a blazer. shrugs.
I do it too with my nice dressing cool cool cool
It's common here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by abike12(f): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
seunny4lif:

I do it too with my nice dressing cool cool cool
It's common here

Sometimes you just have no choice
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by agabaI23(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
The worst is wearing gym socks as dressing socks. White socks is not for dressing guys. Some of the ladies here buy it as gift for their hobbies.
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by seunny4lif(m): 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
abike12:

grin grin grin
I Nigeria maybe not common
But here it's common
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by agabaI23(m): 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
abike12:

What I do is to carry it with one shoulder. It is actually discomforting carrying back pack on top your blazers fashion apart.

You're an engineer though :p
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by abike12(f): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
agabaI23:
What I do is to carry it with one shoulder. It is actually discomforting carrying back pack on top your blazers fashion apart.

You're an engineer though :p

lol! I carry it on one shoulder too. anything is better than a handbag, a lunch bag and a laptop bag!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Albino Contest In Kenya (Photos) / Ellen Nielsen Stuns In Nigerian Attire / Amazing Makeup Transformation Of An Albino Lady (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.