Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,852 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment (44283 Views)

Forgery Trial : Ekweremadu Writes US Congress, EU Parliament, Others / Saraki-Ekweremadu Forgery Trial: Live Reports From Abuja (pics) / Saraki And Ekeweremadu's Forgery Trial Stalled In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by midolian(m): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Forgery Trial Of Senate Leaders: Buhari Threatened With Impeachment; Dino Melaye Threatens To Beat Up Senator Tinubu

Nigeria’s upper legislative chamber broke into an uproar today with some members threatening President Muhammad Buhari with impeachment, and Dino Melaye threatening to ‘impregnate’ Remi Tinubu, the wife of the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Leader.

The Senators who met behind closed doors were incensed by the proposed trial of the leadership of the Senate for forgery.

Shortly after commencement of a plenary session, some Senators called on their colleagues, led by Senators Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi (APC Kaduna North) and Kabir Marafa (APC Zamfara Central) to sheathe their sword and withdraw the petition that had led to the criminal prosecution of Senate President Bukola Saraki and his Deputy, Ike Ekweremadu.

The Executive Session, which was chaired by Saraki, also reminded the Senate that a committee led by former Senate President David Mark had been set up to “reconcile” members.  Curiously, Mr. Mark stood and said he was not informed that he chairs such a committee and that he didn’t know any members.  He was simply told to do his “work”.

Shortly after that, Senator Dino Melaye (APC Kogi West) said in his remarks that the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, must be brought before the Senate to be thoroughly grilled and humiliated for charging the Senate leadership with forgery in court.

Mr. Melaye called on the Senators in attendance to fight the presidency to a standstill.  In his rant, he issued a wide variety of threats.  Recognized to speak, Senator Remi Tinubu (APC) Lagos Central said the Senate should not be reduced to a kindergarten where Senators could just issue childish threats, and called on Senators to close ranks and seek reconciliation amongst its members.

That was when Melaye flew into rage, calling her names.   “I will beat you up on this floor and nothing will happen,” he threatened. 

The statement caused a commotion on the floor as Senators in her support gathered to protect her. Senate Presient Saraki nodded as Melaye called mrs. Tinubu unprintable names according to Senators who intervened to save her from the rampaging Melaye.

Leading the offensive in support of Melaye were Senators Danjuma Goje, Jibrin Barau, Isa Misau and Peter Nwaoboshi.

A source told SaharaReporters there had been a series of meetings at the home of Senator Aliyu Wamakko (APC, Sokoto) to plot a total onslaught on President Buhari in the coming days.

In addition, the Senators held to be behind the current forgery trial were threatened by the like-minded Senators, with Melaye threatening to kill anyone who shows up in court to testify against Saraki and Ekweremadu.

The rancor between the Senate and the Presidency is expected to escalate leading to a summons to the new Inspector General of Police who will be forced to declare AGF Malami wanted if he refuses to show up at the Senate from there it was gathered that Senators opposed to Buhari would start impeachment proceedings against him.

Senators who spoke to SaharaReporters said the Senators supporting Saraki are united in crime and corruption because they’ve never had it so good, with over N260 billion padded into the budget in constituency projects, and sundry line items smuggled into the 2016 budget for their individual benefit.

There is, however, a seeming crack in Saraki’s camp as some members have already pulled out or reduced their open support for him due to his many scandals.  Senator Ali Ndume (APC)  Borno South, for instance, has fallen out with the Senate President because he was openly accused of being too close to Buhari and nursing the ambition of becoming the Senate President. Ndume was absent from today’s gathering.

Senator of the Kogi West Senatorial District, Senator Dino Melaye
Sahara Reporters Media

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/12/forgery-trial-senate-leaders-buhari-threatened-impeachment-dino-melaye-threatens-beat

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Buhari is sowing impunity in the polity. If he continues this way, The Senate should impeach him as soon as possible, Besides, I don't even know his use in that presidency, all he does if fight perceived and imaginary enemies - A very heartless and vindictive old man.

I don't understand a situation where he's always interfering in the matters of the legislature, is the legislative arm not suppose to be an independent entity?, I stand with Senate on this.

Instead of working on delivering his campaign promises, He's scheming on how to remove the Senate principal officers because they outsmarted his dull brain to attain those positions.

228 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by zico530(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
If only they have the ball to do it.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by midolian(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Buhari is sowing impunity in the polity. If he continues this way, The Senate should impeach him as soon as possible, Besides, I don't even know his use in that presidency, all he does if fight perceived and imaginary enemies - A very heartless and vindictive old man.

I know kids like you will rush to comment on threads like this even when you have not the slightest idea what it takes to impeach the president. You think what it takes ends with the jokers you call Senators?...Now read and be informed!

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(8.. Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

Its not cheese afterall. The numbers and all. It will be easier to satisfy oliver twist than impeach Buhari.

I am sure even your SP and his corrupt goons don't know what it really takes. You are on every thread insulting the president. I think you have "over-done" this and its hightime you stopped. My brotherly advice for u.

397 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by ObikeNkem: 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
Buhari and his APC cohorts are witch hunting Senator Bukola Saraki because Saraki made our Son, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his deputy. We Igbos support the Senate Presidency of Bukola Saraki. How I wish Saraki can rule us in Igboland the same way he ruled Kwara state. Infact Saraki must rule us in Igboland in Jesus name.

Saraki is greater than all Igbo men both dead and alive.
Saraki is greater than Ojukwu
Saraki is greater than Chinua Achebe
Saraki is greater than Nnamdi Azikiwe
Saraki is greater than Nnamdi Kanu grin

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Emrixx(f): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
Give dat woman belle,well out of the abundance of the heart speaks...... Senate house of commotion

17 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Emrixx(f): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Adenle041(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Do they have such balls. I don't think so

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
midolian:
Jokers... cheesy cheesy

I am so sure even the Senate president doesn't know what it takes to impeach the president.
It takes 2/3 majority of the house. Even a secondary school student knows this.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Mynd44: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I don't understand a situation where he's always interfering in the matters of the legislature, is the legislative arm not suppose to be an independent entity?, I stand with Senate on this.
Do you have any idea what it takes to impeach the president? It is almost implausible

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by madridguy(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hmmmmmnnnnnn, I yam laffter in Portuguese.....Dino and Saraki must be Mr Ibu and Osofia grin grin grin impeach Buhari? Oya make una try am make we see. As for Dino the woman beater, try and touch Madam Oluremi and let see. Jagaban will not fight you with police or court, you go know wetin Eruku means.
Bunch of rogues.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mynd44:

Do you have any idea what it takes to impeach the president? It is almost implausible
"Almost" you say, but not impossible.

21 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Tenkobos(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
I will beat you up on this floor and nothing will happen
COWARD!!!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kayzat: 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
I wish Dino's threat of beating up Remi Tinubu is true so his own beating can commence immediately from his constituency.

Faleke/Smart Adeyemi groups are waiting for him .

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
In all of this, I pity Melaye.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Mynd44: 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Almost you say, but not impossible.
The fact that you asked the Senate to impeach the President is enough prove that you dont know wha it is about.

The Senate cannot single handedly impeach the president

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
In all of this, I pity Melaye.
Ah!... I know. EFCC will come knocking at his door now, Since that's what the dullard uses to intimidate dissenting voices.
We will start seeing nonsense headlines on how billions of Naira/dollars were found in his bedroom. Shame on buhari.

32 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Divinehenrich(m): 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hmm, Dino Melaye.don't bite more than you can chew.

threatening to beat up a wife of the National leader of ruling party (APC) in the floor of the Senate. By this act, Dino is simply inviting for political war.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mynd44:

The fact that you asked the Senate to impeach the President is enough prove that you dont know wha it is about.

The Senate cannot single handedly impeach the president
I know.

But they are the ones to take the first leap, Then the house will follow.

The Senate is more influential and powerful than the house by the way. If any president is to be impeached, the Senate starts the process.

Let our senators start as soon as possible.

18 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Obasanjo also received impeachment threats. At a point, he started using the threats to make jest of the House of Representatives.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kayzat: 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I can bet my balls you have been jobless for some months now. You've been contesting FP on all political threads for like a month now which is a pure sign of joblessness. Venting your frustration here can't help you in the real world bro. get a job abeg.

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Firefire(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
APC and their wahala.

5 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Mynd44: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
Actually, the Senate is over playing this. They invited the AGF but the AGF went. They forget that as ling as the AGF sent someone to represent him there, he has honored their summon as the person sent acts in his stead.

If this report is true, it will only divide the senate more and the lose more power and respect as people will see them as a bunch of unruly and unserious people.

23 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
midolian:
[s]Jokers... cheesy cheesy

I am so sure even the Senate president doesn't know what it takes to impeach the president.

I know kids like you will rush to comment on threads like this even when you have not the slightest idea of what it takes to impeach the president. You think what it takes ends with the jokers you call Senators?...Now read and be informed!

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(8.. Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

I am sure even your SP and his corrupt goons don't know what it really takes. You should just grow up and stop being an e-nuisance.[/s]
Rubbish, If the dullard continues being a clog in the wheel of the legislature, He will be impeached. Forget this rubbish long talks.

The hand writing is now on the wall, He can't continue being a dictator in the 21st century. You who said you wished Buhari is a military dictator so that he can be able to jail all opposition members.

I don't know why you Buhari supporters see him as God.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Ah!... I know. EFCC will come knocking at his door now, Since that's what the dullard uses to intimidate dissenting voices.
Melaye need not be afraid if his hands are clean.

19 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by dunkem21(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
kayzat:

I can bet my balls you have been jobless for some months now. You've been contesting FP on all political threads for like a month now which is a pure sign of joblessness. Venting your frustration here can't help you in the real world bro. get a job abeg.

Face topic, jor

23 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Melaye need not be afraid if his hands are clean.
No Nigerian politician is clean. None!

11 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by SeverusSnape(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
kayzat:

Shut up there. You hate seeing me?. Am I your nightmare?... Don't visit this section if it pains you.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by iflywithbuhari(f): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
Shameless bunch of homoerectus fools. The President should throw Saraki and Ekweremadu out of the senate. Enough is enough.

23 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by dunkem21(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mynd44:
Actually, the Senate is over playing this. They invited the AGF but the AGF went. They forget that as ling as the AGF sent someone to represent him there, he has honored their summon as the person sent acts in his stead.

If this report is true, it will only divide the senate more and the lose more power and respect as people will see them as a bunch of unruly and unserious people.

He snubbed them, simple. The representative even said the AGF is not answerable to the Senate.

14 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by fulanimafia: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
MADNESS! cheesy

These kids are set to learn a bitter lesson.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Lanretoye(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

National Association Of Seadogs Petitions Inspector General Of Police / Funny Handshakes Between Saraki And Ahmad Lawal (photos). / Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Loses LG To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.