Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment (44322 Views)

Forgery Trial : Ekweremadu Writes US Congress, EU Parliament, Others / Saraki-Ekweremadu Forgery Trial: Live Reports From Abuja (pics) / Saraki And Ekeweremadu's Forgery Trial Stalled In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by ilovetheline: 11:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
ObikeNkem:
Buhari and his APC cohorts are witch hunting Senator Bukola Saraki because Saraki made our Son, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his deputy. We Igbos support the Senate Presidency of Bukola Saraki. How I wish Saraki can rule us in Igboland the same way he ruled Kwara state.; infact, Saraki must rule us in Igboland in Jesus name.

Saraki is greater than all Igbo men both dead and alive.
Saraki is greater than Ojukwu
Saraki is greater than Chinua Achebe
Saraki is greater than Nnamdi Azikiwe
Saraki is greater than Nnamdi Kanu grin
cheap ass moves. u are not Igbo. Yoruba, I guess
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Honeyking(m): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
Majority of these people up there are a bunch of shame to this nation. I can't just imagine a senator and a father of children telling a fellow that he will impregnate her and also threatening those that will witness with death in front of camera..... Haaaaa I don't get it. The interest of the masses who sent them there has been missing in their hearts before they even contested.
One day the tables will turn.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by tushbobo(m): 11:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
Do we really need the senate and all this drama?? Democracy as practised now will get us nowhere. The parliamentary system is what we should look at.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Abuja2013: 11:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
But AGF should have appeared before the Senate to say his own. Are they going to beat him? Is he greater than Senate?
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Inova(m): 11:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
midolian:

I know kids like you will rush to comment on threads like this even when you have not the slightest idea what it takes to impeach the president. You think what it takes ends with the jokers you call Senators?...Now read and be informed!

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(8.. Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

Its not cheese afterall. The numbers and all. It will be easier to satisfy oliver twist than impeach Buhari.

I am sure even your SP and his corrupt goons don't know what it really takes. You are on every thread insulting the president. I think you have "over-done" this and its hightime you stopped. My brotherly advice for u.

I have never experienced this magnitude of knock out before on nairaland.
This reply will surely keep him quite for a looong time.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Yusuf7777: 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
it is not easy to impeach a Nigerian president, but if it will be possible then impeaching buhari will save Nigeria. it is a worthy trial. the senators are terrible but buhari is worst than them put together
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by AbuSaad39(m): 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
This man Dino is suspicious, the way the idiot is chanting maybe he has skeleton in his cardboard, stole our YAM.

If true it is therefore rough days awaits you in the prison. Nosense senator.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by 4wrd9ja: 12:03am On Jul 13, 2016
midolian:

I know kids like you will rush to comment on threads like this even when you have not the slightest idea what it takes to impeach the president. You think what it takes ends with the jokers you call Senators?...Now read and be informed!

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(8.. Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

Its not cheese afterall. The numbers and all. It will be easier to satisfy oliver twist than impeach Buhari.

I am sure even your SP and his corrupt goons don't know what it really takes. You are on every thread insulting the president. I think you have "over-done" this and its hightime you stopped. My brotherly advice for u.

what will you do arrest him or use efcc to frame him up, enough of this intolerance of this administration and its supporters as if they are God we have had a maximum ruler before and we survived.we will survive this one too
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kakaG: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Ah!... I know. EFCC will come knocking at his door now, Since that's what the dullard uses to intimidate dissenting voices.
We will start seeing nonsense headlines on how billions of Naira/dollars were found in his bedroom. Shame on buhari.

I bet a hundred dollars EFCC will in weeks to come visit Dino M. Oga at the top knows nothing more.... make I shut up before dem begin my mata oh

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by 9ijaNews: 12:45am On Jul 13, 2016
Na to move oh

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Yemikola(m): 1:58am On Jul 13, 2016
onepluone:
Buhari will be impeached and nothing will happen.

Nigeria is bigger than one man rule.

The laws are there to be respected. Separation of power is the bases and foundation of democracy.

Buhari will not get away with destroying our Judiciary and Legislature for one man dictatorship.

It will not be tolerated. It cannot happen. It will not happen.

Buhari should respect himself, respect our democracy and the rule of law, if he does not want bru ha ha ha.
You sound like a frustrated soul. Why?

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by KanawanDabo(m): 2:00am On Jul 13, 2016
A lousy Senator like Malaye should be sent packing. He talks like a thug. [color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by KanawanDabo(m): 2:01am On Jul 13, 2016
A lousy Senator like Malaye should be sent packing. He talks like a thug.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by cao(f): 2:24am On Jul 13, 2016
Children masquerading as politicians, throwing tantrums...then other mindless children will follow them to spew more rubbish. **sighs** these are the folks in charge... **sighs again**

Funny how folks keep talking about dictatorship, are they so young that they don't know about our past leaders, who were actual dictators? Or are their memories that short, that they've forgotten? If Buhari is considered a dictator, what would they consider Mugbabe?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by owanedo: 2:29am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Shut up there. You hate seeing me?. Am I your nightmare?... Don't visit this section if it pains you.
my guy why don't you look for something doing, in stead of allowing joblessness to block your sense of reasoning. you can try agriculture, farming is the way forward now. my candid advice.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by owanedo: 2:30am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Shut up there. You hate seeing me?. Am I your nightmare?... Don't visit this section if it pains you.
clap for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by mare23ayo(m): 3:08am On Jul 13, 2016
ObikeNkem:
Buhari and his APC cohorts are witch hunting Senator Bukola Saraki because Saraki made our Son, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his deputy. We Igbos support the Senate Presidency of Bukola Saraki. How I wish Saraki can rule us in Igboland the same way he ruled Kwara state.; infact, Saraki must rule us in Igboland in Jesus name.

Saraki is greater than all Igbo men both dead and alive.
Saraki is greater than Ojukwu
Saraki is greater than Chinua Achebe
Saraki is greater than Nnamdi Azikiwe
Saraki is greater than Nnamdi Kanu grin
This and many more are the reasons why you igbos may never smell presidency.....! I rest my case
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Yemikola(m): 3:14am On Jul 13, 2016
Aristo3146:
If saraki is greater than all those people you mentioned, then shame on the Igbos...
Any IBO/IGBO that chooses to be silent after reading this, is a confirmed BASTARD.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Febcom(m): 3:30am On Jul 13, 2016
midolian:

(11) In this section -

Mr. San, before you quote all your Chambers legal book here. Mr. President had committed upto 6 impeachable offence and I will mention 2.
1. The N740bn bailout was issued without no approval for supplementary budget from the National Assembly.
2. Mr. President, also signed in Dubai Arab Nigeria Joint military partnership.

Now if he will be impeach, a notice will be served to him, and he will have to respond why he should not be impeached, note that after that a commission of enquiry will also be set up by the same Senators on his plan impeachment.

While his debate will take effect to further discussed the out come of the commission.

Now the Senate is a complete organ and have the required capacity to impeach Buhari, APC Senators against him are about 37now add to the complete PDP Senators of over 42 members.

Oga lawyer his impeachment will be the most easily implemented in history of Africa.

We should stop been stupid as Nigerian youth equip ourselves with complete information before coming to the public glare.

Regards
Olufemi Phillips Adebayo
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by deandavid(m): 4:12am On Jul 13, 2016
The day the Senate will make the move to impeach pmb will be the beginning of the end of Nigeria. The baboon and dog will not only dance in blood, the ruling class will lose everything. I really look forward to that day o because am tired of this injustice from thieving politicians
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by adefact12(m): 4:41am On Jul 13, 2016
Dino Melaye is nothing bt a noise maker. I would have love him to beat Remi Tinubu, that would have marked d end of his political careers b4 2019 cos I know he can never be relevant after 2019. Again he will never enter lagos and go out successfully if he dares try that trash They are only buying time, Sarake n Ike wil go down on this fogery matter unless d crime is not committed. One of my greatest regrets of 2015 election was emergence of Dino.we tot he has improved his life styles. Wot do u even expect from a man like him that can not control/ keep a woman in his home.he is married to all those Tokunbo cars.ohhh Dino u are a disgrace to Kogites.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by midolian(m): 5:34am On Jul 13, 2016
lestat:

While think his rant is pointless I don't agree with your tone! It sounded threatening !
Listen to me kiddo you don't go around threatening people be very very careful!
Obj was insulted online, same with Yar Adua , and GEJ so please leave the foolish ones who think it's okay to do this alone.
But if you are feeling invincible go ahead and keep sounding threatening!

Meanwhile back to the topic ! These senators are drunkards!
Can you show me the part of my comment that looks like a threat? I don't get you. I think you should read all over again.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by TheAdvocate(m): 5:58am On Jul 13, 2016
midolian:

(11) In this section -

If it's not possible to impeach a president, it will not appear and be written in that constitution yu copied and pasted here?

I wonder the reasoning of some people. Someone merely said his mind and yu are here ranting and abusing him. Someone in Nigeria can no longer have an opinion that is different from that of zombies and they are on the person's neck with stabs.

Its within the powers of the Senate to impeach a president for reasons which they can state.

Yu will be surprised that an impeachment vote will get the required number of 2/3 because that's the same number required to also remove the Senate president and if those against the Senate president had that number, they would have impeached Saraki loooooong time ago.

Let me remind yu that ur Senator Ndume is presently facing trial connected to Boko Haram terrorism and that doesn't bother people like yu.
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by AntiWailer: 6:16am On Jul 13, 2016
Febcom:

Mr. San, before you quote all your Chambers legal book here. Mr. President had committed upto 6 impeachable offence and I will mention 2.
1. The N740bn bailout was issued without no approval for supplementary budget from the National Assembly.
2. Mr. President, also signed in Dubai Arab Nigeria Joint military partnership.

Now if he will be impeach, a notice will be served to him, and he will have to respond why he should not be impeached, note that after that a commission of enquiry will also be set up by the same Senators on his plan impeachment.

While his debate will take effect to further discussed the out come of the commission.

Now the Senate is a complete organ and have the required capacity to impeach Buhari, APC Senators against him are about 37now add to the complete PDP Senators of over 42 members.

Oga lawyer his impeachment will be the most easily implemented in history of Africa.

We should stop been stupid as Nigerian youth equip ourselves with complete information before coming to the public glare.

Regards
Olufemi Phillips Adebayo

You did not put your number so they can contact you to start the process.

Charge and bail lawyer grin grin

Go and read the constitution and what is needed and stop spreading ignorance like cancer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by AntiWailer: 6:18am On Jul 13, 2016
TheAdvocate:

If it's not possible to impeach a president, it will not appear and be written in that constitution yu copied and pasted here?

I wonder the reasoning of some people. Someone merely said his mind and yu are here ranting and abusing him. Someone in Nigeria can no longer have an opinion that is different from that of zombies and they are on the person's neck with stabs.

Its within the powers of the Senate to impeach a president for reasons which they can state.

Yu will be surprised that an impeachment vote will get the required number of 2/3 because that's the same number required to also remove the Senate president and if those against the Senate president had that number, they would have impeached Saraki loooooong time ago.

Let me remind yu that ur Senator Ndume is presently facing trial connected to Boko Haram terrorism and that doesn't bother people like yu.

Apparently u can not read.

You are one of the people that long text is a problem for.

Dnt compare impeachment of Senate President to that of President.

Impeachment of Senate President will not require a lot of other things.

So go and read the constitution carefully and check the reality on ground.

In case this is still too long for you to read.

SUMMARY
2/3 of Senate alone can not impeach the President by just voting unlike Senate PRESIDENT that once the number is complete they can remove him right away.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by midolian(m): 6:40am On Jul 13, 2016
AntiWailer:

You did not put your number so they can contact you to start the process.

Charge and bail lawyer grin grin

Go and read the constitution and what is needed and stop spreading ignorance like cancer.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You dey mind the guy? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by MChaze25(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2016
midolian:

(11) In this section -

STORY STORY
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by ARIZONA123(m): 7:00am On Jul 13, 2016
kaboninc:

If Yorubas think that way then great!

But if you think otherwise then its a shame!
. Egbon kabon. Longest time. How is ur family man?
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by sekundosekundo: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2016
Felincous:

Wen did u cme out?
Hmmmm see grammar
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by nigerianvenom(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Buhari is sowing impunity in the polity. If he continues this way, The Senate should impeach him as soon as possible, Besides, I don't even know his use in that presidency, all he does if fight perceived and imaginary enemies - A very heartless and vindictive old man.

I don't understand a situation where he's always interfering in the matters of the legislature, is the legislative arm not suppose to be an independent entity?, I stand with Senate on this.

Instead of working on delivering his campaign promises, He's scheming on how to remove the Senate principal officers because they outsmarted his dull brain to attain those positions.

Do you remember what happened to the infamous Egyptian Pharoah?
Buhari await such fate and it'll be sooner than later

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Noneejiofor(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2016
Mynd44:

Do you have any idea what it takes to impeach the president? It is almost implausible
Do u have any idea what it takes to impregnant Remix Tinubu, you need sperm from tuface,flavour and even wizkid

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Presidency Debunks Photo Of President Buhari Being Shared As "New Photo" / “I Am Not In A Hurry To Do Anything” – Buhari / President Buhari Campaigns In Aba, Abia State (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.