Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment (44324 Views)

Forgery Trial : Ekweremadu Writes US Congress, EU Parliament, Others / Saraki-Ekweremadu Forgery Trial: Live Reports From Abuja (pics) / Saraki And Ekeweremadu's Forgery Trial Stalled In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by HomeOfMe(f): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
The most annoying part in all these is that,the same people fighting corruption are three times guilty of the same sin. Whose side would you take in this case now? I would've loved to take senator Oluremi Tinubu's but naa,they all have the same trademark which is corruption. I know people who are very close to them one on one and 've seen evidence of how much they've looted public funds..APC is no saint as well as PDPJthey should stop foolish Nigerians!
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by DumDum13656: 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Buhari has set Nigeria on fire... He want to break record and become the last president of a united Nigeria. e no go work

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by teehay45(m): 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Executive - legislature relationship just got better grin grin
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
Dino threatened to beat a woman? That shows how crude the thoughts of most of our elected representatives. A senator for that matter! I wonder what he will do at home if his wife annoys him.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by obelex(m): 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
This report is written by a pro buhari. Its one sided n sentimental

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by rabiumalik: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
madridguy:
Hmmmmmnnnnnn, I yam laffter in Portuguese.....Dino and Saraki must be Mr Ibu and Osofia grin grin grin impeach Buhari? Oya make una try am make we see. As for Dino the woman beater, try and touch Madam Oluremi and let see. Jagaban will not fight you with police or court, you go know wetin Eruku means.
Bunch of rogues.

Oya na shebi-NDA divide Naija-mek una try impeach n let's watch as this country crumbles-shebi it's wht som ppl want-una dream go com true! -dino is a disgrace 2 his state
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by 989900E: 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
onepluone:
[s]Buhari will be impeached and nothing will happen.

Nigeria is bigger than one man rule.

The laws are there to be respected. Separation of power is the bases and foundation of democracy.

Buhari will not get away with destroying our Judiciary and Legislature for one man dictatorship.

It will not be tolerated. It cannot happen. It will not happen.

Buhari should respect himself, respect our democracy and the rule of law, if he does not want bru ha ha ha. [/s]

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by 989900E: 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Frankiss44:

In your dreams ..
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by southpole: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Buhari is sowing impunity in the polity. If he continues this way, The Senate should impeach him as soon as possible, Besides, I don't even know his use in that presidency, all he does if fight perceived and imaginary enemies - A very heartless and vindictive old man.

I don't understand a situation where he's always interfering in the matters of the legislature, is the legislative arm not suppose to be an independent entity?, I stand with Senate on this.

Instead of working on delivering his campaign promises, He's scheming on how to remove the Senate principal officers because they outsmarted his dull brain to attain those positions.

Any senator from the north that will support the impeachment of Buhari certainly may not be alive to witness the process, people from that region don't handle their senators with kidgloves

4 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by ayindejimmy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Rubbish, If the dullard continues being a clog in the wheel of the legislature, He will be impeached. Forget this rubbish long talks.

The hand writing is now on the wall, He can't continue being a dictator in the 21st century. You who said you wished Buhari is a military dictator so that he can be able to jail all opposition members.

I don't know why you Buhari supporters see him as God.

You tell us what you and saraki are afraid of . he was only asked to come to court and d3fend his actions. Its that illegal under democracy ?
If buhari is a dictator we won't be talking of court at all.

Mind you , saraki hasnt put a defense all his saying is "witch Hunt"

3 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by 989900E: 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
helpee:
[s]check it well. it is easier than you think. The law didnt tell us how the senators should vote so it can be done using a voice vote and the senate president will determine whether the motion/resolution was supported by 2/3 of the senators. Of course the president will go to court but he would have been embarrassed [/s]
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kaboninc(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mynd44:

Fortunately, government is not like the council of elders that arbbrogate none existing powers to themselves cheesy

Interestingly and so unfortunate for you, government is actually like a council of elders and they have constitutional powers to summon any authority within their domain including the AGF.

if you don't know please do so now

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by nifton(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
Akious2k2:

Dat's d point, if u don't want EFCC 2 knock @ ur door, simply desist from looting... Shikena... U can't b looting & still b ranting @dsame same... U can't eat ur cake & have it
If I got u right,so when u loot and desist from ranting,u re now a saint right?
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Sasuwa(f): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
A source told SaharaReporters there had been a series of meetings at the home of Senator Aliyu Wamakko (APC, Sokoto) to plot a total onslaught on President Buhari in the coming days. i like this part

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Aristo3146(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
ObikeNkem:
Buhari and his APC cohorts are witch hunting Senator Bukola Saraki because Saraki made our Son, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his deputy. We Igbos support the Senate Presidency of Bukola Saraki. How I wish Saraki can rule us in Igboland the same way he ruled Kwara state.; infact, Saraki must rule us in Igboland in Jesus name.

Saraki is greater than all Igbo men both dead and alive.
Saraki is greater than Ojukwu
Saraki is greater than Chinua Achebe
Saraki is greater than Nnamdi Azikiwe
Saraki is greater than Nnamdi Kanu grin
If saraki is greater than all those people you mentioned, then shame on the Igbos...
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kluwei: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
midolian:

I know kids like you will rush to comment on threads like this even when you have not the slightest idea what it takes to impeach the president. You think what it takes ends with the jokers you call Senators?...Now read and be informed!

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(8.. Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

Its not cheese afterall. The numbers and all. It will be easier to satisfy oliver twist than impeach Buhari.

I am sure even your SP and his corrupt goons don't know what it really takes. You are on every thread insulting the president. I think you have "over-done" this and its hightime you stopped. My brotherly advice for u.
If u understand mathematics u'll knw how easy it is to impeach president Buhari. From ur analysis it takes one third of d senators to sign a written allegation.from my analysis all d PDP members are for Saraki and only d PDP members are more than one third. Do ur calculation.

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by kaboninc(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mynd44:

Court to answer a personal case is different from the AGF. The AGF is an institution like the presidency and not a person

The Ministry of Justice is the institution and the Minister of Justice is the face of the institution.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Mynd44: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
kaboninc:

The Ministry of Justice is the institution and the Minister of Justice is the face of the institution.

And is allowed to designate
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by emmand2(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
When we elected boxers and wrestlers to represent us,am not suprised
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Realist2: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
busomma:

If u believe that Saraki & his Co travelers in PDP forged the documents that made him senate president, then the government is 100% right to prosecute him. Last time I checked forgery is a serious crime in Nigeria.

Your Buhari forged his cert., committed perjury in his inec form 001, security of lives and property ( Benue, enugu,.....killing by his brothen herdmen), incompetency, abuse of federal character (lopsided appointment ), Disobedience to court order and dictatorship. These are impeachable offences.
#impeachBuhariNow#

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Akious2k2(m): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
nifton:

If I got u right,so when u loot and desist from ranting,u re now a saint right?
When u loot, u shld lay low & b sober, & think of how 2 return d loot secretly knowing fully well dat ur hands are no clean, instead of ranting & seeking d attention of d President & d anti-graft agency, after which when dey come 4 u, u start shouting witch-hunting
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by ochubaebube(m): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
And that is how the international community will stay glued to their 52inches LED watching as Nigeria's Red Chamber is turned into a House Of Chaos and a House of Open threats. Those senators shouting and trying to fight it out in the Senate, I guess they don't know the effect on Nigeria's internationally image. Well, I am happy that to impeach the President is next to impossible due to the procedures for such. If Saraki and Ekweremadu are been tried In the law courts, they should go and prove themselves not guilty and bot trying to organise senators to act out their cause in public. I am an Igbo man, for those Igbos saying the Dino Melaye faction is right in their threats because Ekweremadu is the deputy Senate president next to Saraki, I am ashamed of u all. So because of this ur bias thought, notable politicians shouldnt answer to the law?

#WatchingNigeria#
#ChildishRedCarpetSenators#
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by ochubaebube(m): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
And that is how the international community will stay glued to their 52inches LED watching as Nigeria's Red Chamber is turned into a House Of Chaos and a House of Open threats. Those senators shouting and trying to fight it out in the Senate, I guess they don't know the effect on Nigeria's international image. Well, I am happy that to impeach the President is next to impossible due to the procedures for such. If Saraki and Ekweremadu are been tried In the law courts, they should go and prove themselves not guilty and not trying to organise senators to act out their cause in public. I am an Igbo man, for those Igbos saying the Dino Melaye faction is right in their threats because Ekweremadu is the deputy Senate president next to Saraki, I am ashamed of u all. So because of this ur bias thought, notable politicians shouldnt answer to the law?

#WatchingNigeria#
#ChildishRedCarpetSenators#

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by teebell999(m): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
That Dino Melaye is a Devil and a Coward!
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Realist2: 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
busomma:

If u believe that Saraki & his Co travelers in PDP forged the documents that made him senate president, then the government is 100% right to prosecute him. Last time I checked forgery is a serious crime in Nigeria.

Your Buhari forged his cert., committed perjury in his inec form 001, security of lives and property ( Benue, enugu,.....killing by his brothen herdmen), incompetency, abuse of federal character (lopsided appointment ), Disobedience to court order and dictatorship. These are impeachable offences.
#impeachBuhariNow#
I stand with senate on this.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by suteco16: 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
midolian:

I know kids like you will rush to comment on threads like this even when you have not the slightest idea what it takes to impeach the president. You think what it takes ends with the jokers you call Senators?...Now read and be informed!

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(8.. Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

Its not cheese afterall. The numbers and all. It will be easier to satisfy oliver twist than impeach Buhari.

I am sure even your SP and his corrupt goons don't know what it really takes. You are on every thread insulting the president. I think you have "over-done" this and its hightime you stopped. My brotherly advice for u.

the impeachment is very easy to achieve!

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Realist2: 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
busomma:

Your Buhari forged his cert., committed perjury in his inec form 001, insecurity of lives and property ( Benue, enugu,.....killing by his brothen herdmen), incompetency, abuse of federal character (lopsided appointment ), Disobedience to court order and dictatorship. These are impeachable offences.
#impeachBuhariNow#
I stand with senate on this.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by donodion(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
Let the war begin!!!....NASS is nothing but a gathering of vampires and demons.....if they feel they have the heavy weight to impeach Buhari, then by all means proceed.... Time to send them all back to their constituencies

From there we can divide and everybody bear hin papa name .
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by Dindondin(m): 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Buhari is sowing impunity in the polity. If he continues this way, The Senate should impeach him as soon as possible, Besides, I don't even know his use in that presidency, all he does if fight perceived and imaginary enemies - A very heartless and vindictive old man.

I don't understand a situation where he's always interfering in the matters of the legislature, is the legislative arm not suppose to be an independent entity?, I stand with Senate on this.

Instead of working on delivering his campaign promises, He's scheming on how to remove the Senate principal officers because they outsmarted his dull brain to attain those positions.
Your life wey you dey live no good.
Did you notice one of the senators you supported is threatening to beat a woman, threatening to kill anyone?
How your life became like this baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by MrSly(m): 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
ObikeNkem:
Buhari and his APC cohorts are witch hunting Senator Bukola Saraki because Saraki made our Son, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his deputy. We Igbos support the Senate Presidency of Bukola Saraki. How I wish Saraki can rule us in Igboland the same way he ruled Kwara state.; infact, Saraki must rule us in Igboland in Jesus name.

Moderation is the
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by MrSly(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
ObikeNkem:

Moderation is the beauty of virtue and wisdom. Your wishes about Saraki may be true but but its expression is extreme
Re: Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment by MrSly(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
ObikeNkem:

Moderation is the beauty of virtue and wisdom. Your wishes about Saraki may be true but but its expression was extreme

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria / Dino Melaye Grades Jonathan's Performance On His Customized T.Shirt (Photo) / Campaign Tour: See The Roads In Lagos That Pres. Buhari Will Ply On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.