Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,368 members, 7,829,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

The One Thing That Ruins Most Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The One Thing That Ruins Most Relationships (425 Views)

Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / Learn From Me, Masturbation Ruins Life / 5 S*x Sins All Women Are Guilty Of That Ruins Their S*x Life.no 2 Is Just 2 Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The One Thing That Ruins Most Relationships by Charlentine(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
From TBN;
https://thebachelorsng./2016/07/12/the-one-thing-that-ruins-most-relationships/

My friend, Tony, would write these words on a sticky note and pin it to the office board for his staff to see; “COMMUNICATE OR DIE!!” This always amused me but then I perfectly understand the literalness of that phrase. Communication is not just talking; it’s exchanging valuable information that helps all parties involved understand one another in order to reach agreements or make progress. Good Communication is making sure your partner isn’t left in the dark- unable to understand your feelings, intentions or actions. Good Communication is putting in that extra effort to ensure that you are on the same page with your partner at all times. Moreover the importance of communication in amatory relationships cannot be overemphasized, as it is like the very rudder that steers the ship away from icebergs and also navigates the ship through the toughest of storms. It builds trust, honesty, reliability and confidence between partners. It clears out misunderstandings which are sure to exist from time to time in relationships.

Frankly, the moment partners stop communicating properly with one another is the moment the relationship begins to sink. There are some couples that live day-to-day with one partner assuming that the other is just as happy in the relationship as he or she is, whereas the other partner is slowly dying inside. This creates what I call the Termite effect (termites sometimes build a colony right under a person’s house and that person would be unaware until one day when the house suddenly caves in or collapses) which eventually ruins the whole relationship.

I usually say you cannot know a truly happy couple unless each one of them individually tells you that he or she is happy with the other person. That’s when you can say they are a happy couple. And such happiness is usually based on mutual understanding, which is based on good communication.

Learn how to communicate better here:
https://thebachelorsng./2016/07/12/how-to-communicate-in-relationships/
Re: The One Thing That Ruins Most Relationships by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
I concur
Re: The One Thing That Ruins Most Relationships by lovingT(f): 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
God.... this is so good I wish I could just hug you...

(1) (Reply)

Twisted Fate -episode 6 / Pre Marital Sex / Help The Helpless!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.