Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Photos Of My Tomato Garden - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Photos Of My Tomato Garden (42669 Views)

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / My Tomato/pepper Experimental Garden / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
MrUtech:

Thanks bro, you seem to be the most humble guy here. God bless your hustle
Thank you so much! smiley
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Arvinkris(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
@kizyt update please.no pic of the progress of late. I want to see ur harvest.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2016
Arvinkris:
@kizyt update please.no pic of the progress of late. I want to see ur harvest.
Expect update soon bro. cool
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by MrUtech: 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
You harvested the fruits unripe, is it better to do the harvest when it's ripe or unripe
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 12:12am On Sep 09, 2016
MrUtech:
You harvested the fruits unripe, is it better to do the harvest when it's ripe or unripe
You can harvest half ripe so as to keep tomatoes fresh for longer time before consumption.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 12:18am On Sep 09, 2016
Harvest Time Very Close: Fruits are very big and about to start getting ripe

Bigger and fresh everyday...

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by lanre2009: 1:27am On Sep 09, 2016
Congrats bro....

Kizyte:

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by eddyline(m): 3:58am On Sep 09, 2016
I must say nice work sir. could you kindly post a pic where one can see how the ropes you used for support comes into play? thanks a million.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 7:31am On Sep 09, 2016
lanre2009:
Congrats bro....

Thanks man!
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 7:34am On Sep 09, 2016
eddyline:
I must say nice work sir. could you kindly post a pic where one can see how the ropes you used for support comes into play? thanks a million.
Enough pics on thread... As fruits are getting heavier, ropes are sagging.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Pavore9: 10:08am On Sep 09, 2016
Kizyte:
Enough pics on thread... As fruits are getting heavier, ropes are sagging.

When it ripens do open up a new thread and create a timeline showing pictures from the beginning, pictures of the packs of the tomato seeds, when it was in the nursery, the land prepared, transplanting, trellis etc to the point of a healthy harvest. Do provide dates so we can know how long it took from seeds to healthy ripe tomatoes. We need to have it on the Front page to motivate many.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Ezinwa25(f): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2016
Kizyte:

Very nice I must say
Wish am close to your farm
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by esty27: 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
that is the ugwu farm

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by esty27: 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
another view
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by esty27: 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
another view .besides I am not a bro .I Am a girl

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 12:52am On Sep 11, 2016
Ezinwa25:

Very nice I must say
Wish am close to your farm
Thanks smiley
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by An0nimus: 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pavore9:

When it ripens do open up a new thread and create a timeline showing pictures from the beginning, pictures of the packs of the tomato seeds, when it was in the nursery, the land prepared, transplanting, trellis etc to the point of a healthy harvest. Do provide dates so we can know how long it took from seeds to healthy ripe tomatoes. We need to have it on the Front page to motivate many.

Or edit the first post to a timeline with links to the pictures on this thread. We are waiting for the stew to set before inviting lalastic to come and eat.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Neduzze5(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2016
esty27:
that is the ugwu farm

It isn't usually good to let plantains or bananas grow so close to the fence. They could be quite dangerous. Currently, I've limited use of my farm due to the devastation caused by the plantains on my farm close to the fence.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by nwabuwa: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
Neduzze5:

It isn't usually good to let plantains or bananas grow so close to the fence. They could be quite dangerous. Currently, I've limited use of my farm due to the devastation caused by the plantains on my farm close to the fence.
Explain why they re bad if planted close to the fence
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Neduzze5(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
nwabuwa:

Explain why they re bad if planted close to the fence

Oh... Sorry, I thought I made it clear. The part of my wall where plantains were growing fell after too much weight from the plantains both the roots and the body of the plantain tree over an extended period. It was a ripple effect, and quite a distance of the fence was damaged because of that.

Also, whirlwinds can push down your plantains which would in turn knock down your wall.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by MrUtech: 6:48am On Sep 13, 2016
Neduzze5:

Oh... Sorry, I thought I made it clear. The part of my wall where plantains were growing fell after too much weight from the plantains both the roots and the body of the plantain tree over an extended period. It was a ripple effect, and quite a distance of the fence was damaged because of that.

Also, whirlwinds can push down your plantains which would in turn knock down your wall.

You are correct. I have been opportune to work in a plantain plantation and the worst case scenario is when the plantain is near a fence, it can damage the fence, it can be easy for anyone to make away with, cause rift if it's leaves enters a neighboring compound

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
September 15th: The Harvest

I sincerely apologise for not taking photos of initial harvest, I've actually been using my tomatoes for salad and stew for three days now. Nevertheless, still got lots of tomatoes in the garden.

I harvest everyday as they get ripe in batch. Note that I don't try to ripen them myself by plucking and keeping unripe ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
More photos

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Arvinkris(m): 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
From ur experience how many tomato plant can give two 35kg baskets per harvest?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by 9ja4show: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Fresh
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Arvinkris:
From ur experience how many tomato plant can give two 35kg baskets per harvest?
Don't really know, but you get average of 25 tomatoes per plant. Same plant will continue flowering and producing more tomatoes.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by shakyriri: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Kizyte:
Don't really know, but you get average of 25 tomatoes per plant. Same plant will continue flowering and producing more tomatoes.

Thanks for d info.it will continue flowering and producing how much longer? I mean ow many more cycles is achievable sir?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by pleasureosondu(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
@ kitzyte. Please i tried to signup on aliexpress but was unsucessful. Apart from amazon(cos its quite expensive on their site), is there no other website to make purchase on tomato seeds?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
shakyriri:

Thanks for d info.it will continue flowering and producing how much longer? I mean ow many more cycles is achievable sir?
Don't know yet, I'm still watching.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
pleasureosondu:
@ kitzyte. Please i tried to signup on aliexpress but was unsucessful. Apart from amazon(cos its quite expensive on their site), is there no other website to make purchase on tomato seeds?

See my other thread on how to sign up on Aliexpress

https://www.nairaland.com/3252918/simple-steps-how-import-china
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ezinwa25 you're invited, tomatoes are ripe and thanks for following thread. smiley

See few photos above.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by MrUtech: 8:58am On Sep 20, 2016
I just got an email notification from trackitonline.ru notifying my product is headed for Nigeria. But I need clarification. I have prepared my soil for long now using dead plants as my source of manure but I am not yet certified with the green house. If I can irrigate it well this harmattan season, hope it will yield well and secondly I stay in AbA ,Abia State, hope the delivery will be in my location

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Little Backyard Farm / Some Success Stories; My Chilli Pepper And Tomato Farming / My Trap Caught A Bush Rat, Let Me Teach You How To Make Bush Rat Soup!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.