Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers (12472 Views)

Reps Reject Oil Firms’ Relocation To Niger Delta / Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over / New Delta Suicide Squad NDSS Emerges, Issues 7Day Ultimatum To Private Oil Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2016
nnachukz:
When will these people realise that begging a firm not to sack workers when it is really losing profit and unable to pay its staff doesn't make sense. Rolling out good policies and providing security to their installations and staff by sorting out your differences with the militants will easily do the magic without begging any firm. Did GEJ who APC chooses to hate beg anybody to retain any of his staff?

GEJ did not need to. Oil prices were high during his regime. So, oil companies had heavy revenue to massively employ people.

Once the price dropped, job losses were a matter of time due to falling revenue. After all NOI was predicting hard times ahead in 2015...even in the event of a PDP win.

I doubt Buhari can reverse job losses in the oil sector, whatever policy he puts through. Oil is not making money. And no money means, at the very least, nothing much for salaries. Hence the downsizing.(and really, govt begging does not help).

3 Likes

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by eluquenson(m): 7:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Economic recession in the offing
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2016
pilotab55:
FG under buhari is like a bingo dog who knows only to bark when it see unharmed visitor but humble when harmed visitor is around. A good economic team will never make any govt beg rather it lead to good enviroment for investors
Unharmed[/s]unarmed and harmed[s] armed. Na waa ooo these people and their Grammar. I thought the issue was only pronunciation. So it affects writing too?

2 Likes

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Jimi23(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2016
nijanigga:

see your life, you're not even employable.

He stated the truth and I didnt read where he said he is seeking employment. See ur life. Read and comprehend and prove that u are employable first.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by segundayo90(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Sweetestrose(f): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2016
No one is in support of mass retrenchment. When the needful is done, everything will fall in place as it ought to be.

1 Like

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2016
will FG pay the workers?,
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Oil price drop= oil companies job loss.

Global thing .

Let's be fair, most oil companies are sacking workers around the world because of the fall in oil prices. Job losses have occured in America and the UK to give two examples.

I won't be surprised if Nigeria gets affected.

Thing is, this is another sign that our dependence on oil is wrong. APC must move from oil dependent economies to industrial dependent economic structure....no matter how hard the road may be.

That's it.

Especially your last paragraph. Oil gradually belongs in the past, unless there's some kind of war within oil producing nations. We actually never had any economy as a nation. We must pay for the stupidity, laziness, waste and lack of vision of the clowns we call our leaders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by histemple: 7:45am On Jul 13, 2016
Just imagine the kind of mediocre ministers Buhari gave Nigerians just because they must be chosen from APC. Ministers who can't analyse the workings of their ministries.

How can you be begging a company not to sack workers when your awkward policies are making things difficult for the companies to operate?

BTW. Was it not this same Ngige that was threatening to revoke bank licences because the sacked workers?

How exactly will Buhari succeed with this kind of team. Most of the ministers have not even said a word since appointment.

1 Like

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 13, 2016
pilotab55:
FG under buhari is like a bingo dog who knows only to bark when it see unharmed visitor but humble when harmed visitor is around. A good economic team will never make any govt beg rather it lead to good enviroment for investors

Well, Nigeria has never been good for investors, because of corruption, poor power supply, et al.

The only reason why investors came around was because of the high revenue from high oil prices. When prices drop...so do the investors.

Which is why fixing corruption has to be done, and fixing the power supply too has to be done. Do that.....and them investors would come.
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 13, 2016
dearpreye:

That's it.

Especially your last paragraph. Oil gradually belongs in the past, unless there's some kind of war within oil producing nations. We actually never had any economy as a nation. We must pay for the stupidity, laziness, waste and lack of vision of the clowns we call our leaders.

Problem with Nigeria's economy is that people love quick money. And nothing else shouts/screams ''quick money'' than selling raw materials including oil...and sharing the revenue.

Industrial development takes time. One has to find a good market for the products and one has to keep on improving the quality of goods produced to beat the competition, and all that takes time(and a lot of failures).....which is why most Nigerians won't do that. They would rather import what they can make,and sell it for quick money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by SeverusSnape(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Problem with Nigeria's economy is that people love quick money. And nothing else shouts/screams ''quick money'' than selling raw materials including oil...and sharing the revenue.

Industrial development takes time. One has to find a good market for the products and one has to keep on improving the quality of goods produced to beat the competition, and all that takes time(and a lot of failures).....which is why most Nigerians won't do that. They would rather import what they can make,and sell it for quick money.

Bushdoc, Did you deactivate your former account?
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by histemple: 7:56am On Jul 13, 2016
pilotab55:

Bros please help us to modify this post for better understanding.
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I guess the masses became conscious to the fact that the leaders were ruthlessly stealing their money and so themselves became engaged in a frenzy to take what's left after the massive looting by the crooks up there. That's partly responsible for the quick money syndrome.

We are a people that love to spend. We love consumption without production. We just love ostentation, vanity and pomp. We don't produce enough to cater to our needs. That's why we are poor. Any nation that doesn't produce will be poor.

Innovation. Our leaders have destroyed our education sector. No good education means poor innovation. Poor innovation means no export. No export means no economic growth. Poverty beckons.

6 Likes

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by TRAVEL101(m): 8:00am On Jul 13, 2016
nnachukz:
When will these people realise that begging a firm not to sack workers when it is really losing profit and unable to pay its staff doesn't make sense. Rolling out good policies and providing security to their installations and staff by sorting out your differences with the militants will easily do the magic without begging any firm. Did GEJ who APC chooses to hate beg anybody to retain any of his staff?

I wonder !!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by 8BitGee(m): 8:02am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Jokers in government. After making nonsense economic policies that doesn't favour anyone, they're begging companies not to downsize.
Last time it was banks, Now oil firms.

Where are the three million jobs the dullard promised to provide?

Demagogue! The government is not begging the OICs not to downsize, it is only saying it should be done the proper way as prescribed in the labour laws, i.e, carry the workers and their representatives along, don't be partial, etc.

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by uzolexis(f): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2016
everybody is now begging,from saraki to FG.
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by uzolexis(f): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2016
pilotab55:
#

I think you meant to say unarmed and armed
you welcome smiley smiley
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by uzolexis(f): 8:12am On Jul 13, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
I wish i have the power to make Nigeria great again.

See how the giant of Africa is going down slowly, small time nah ordinary Ghana to dey talk to us anyhow

we are only giants in terms of population my dear, nothing else. i have lived in 2 other African countries and they are way ahead of us.
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by banki(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2016
nnachukz:

Well oil prices are low.....it's global
Our people are supporting the blowing up of pipelines and oil installations....why won't oil companies sack wokers
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by slap1(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2016
Shame on the zombies who voted in this illiterate cattle rearer. See the type of nonsense we're seeing every day! angry angry
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by gbagyiza: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
I wish i have the power to make Nigeria great again.

See how the giant of Africa is going down slowly, small time nah ordinary Ghana to dey talk to us anyhow

True talk
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Observant: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Global thing .

Let's be fair, most oil companies are sacking workers around the world because of the fall in oil prices. Job losses have occured in America and the UK to give two examples.

Thing is, this is another sign that our dependence on oil is wrong. APC must move from oil dependent economies to industrial dependent economic structure....no matter how hard the road may be.

Yes that rights but then the soldier came in commando style to handle the Niger Delta which lead them to blow up and ensure that the already fallen oil price becomes almost none available. The commandant did this knowing fully well that where oil leads in Nigeria, the rest follows.
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Observant: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Global thing .

Yes that rights but then the soldier came in commando style to handle the Niger Delta which lead them to blow up and ensure that the already fallen oil price becomes almost none available. The commandant did this knowing fully well that where oil leads in Nigeria, the rest follow.
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by AbuSaad39(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2016
About unemployment in the sector, Ngigi you promised to address the issue when IOCs are present in the meeting.

I don't see any update about that or Is't I didn't go through the article properly?
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Biafrarep(m): 8:33am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Jokers in government. After making nonsense economic policies that doesn't favour anyone, they're begging companies not to downsize.
Last time it was banks, Now oil firms.

Where are the three million jobs the dullard promised to provide?
These people are certified clowns and have no business in governance! They cant even differentiate between a capitalist economy & a communist one. How can you be going about telling private firms not to sack workers when your own policies have resulted in such firms recording losses? Business & sentiment do not go hand in hand, its all about maximising profit & not charity!! They will definitely cut down on overheads which invariably will include retrenching least productive employees or except the government will be responsible for their salaries. Buhari & his fellow usurpers have destroyed the economy and only true federalism can save us now!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Biafrarep(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2016
eluquenson:
Economic recession in the offing
In the offing?? Wake up bro, your country is already neck deep in recession because you have already recorded two quarters of negative growth rates, which is the yardstick in measuring an economy in recession!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2016
Nne5:
grin grin grin
BUHARI sef!
I wish i could help bubu the corruption fighter wink

Ada di ora nmagrin
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by RichYoungNigga: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2016
uzolexis:

we are only giants in terms of population my dear, nothing else. i have lived in 2 other African countries and they are way ahead of us.

What African countries ??
Trust me, you know nothing about Nigeria.
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by maxbarry(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2016
Season of begging:FG beg oil worker,FG beg NDA,FG beg nigerians to b patient,sakari beg AGF,
Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by Biafrarep(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2016
uzolexis:

You are right, just like in SE Asia were Bangladeshi that is overpopulated yet wretched while others like Singapore & Malaysia are small but advanced. We wrongly think we are superior to other African countries while in reality, the reverse is the case. We never utilized our potential & it is actually the North that has kept us down!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers by favoured247(m): 8:54am On Jul 13, 2016
all i see is a personnel working unsafely. no hand gloves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers APC Expels Assembly Minority Leader / Nnamdi Kanu Is An Enemy Of Ndigbo. By Ugonna Utulor / FG Commends Seplat’s Achievements In Nigeria’s Oil & Gas Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.