Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt (13803 Views)

Advices On A Kia Soul / Who Knows The Price Of A Kia Cerato,rio And Hyundia 2013 And 2014 / Where To Do Up A Kia Rio In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by llade(m): 2:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
Am very grateful for all ur advice and having gone through ur responses, I want to believe that the general consensus is that a picanto will not be able to withstand the rigours involved in such a journey. Am grateful and I think i will be a little bit more patient and try go get a car with a bigger engine as i prefer driving by road myself except am flying.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Akanniade(m): 2:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
For transit within lagos, a picanto is fine. why  must u travel with ur car if u visit Ph? No a picanto will not stand the rigor of the journey, the road is just too bad. So many available comfortable transport lines to choose from. The bottom line is u made a good choice in deciding to buy a new car.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by McDoe(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2009
A kia Picanto is just for short distances and picnics. It doesn't possess the capability for longer trips. Get a fairly used Camry (small light) at less than the prize of a new picanto and enjoy the value for your money.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by lawmanlala(m): 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
why not move this issue to the auto section of nairaland, i guess that is the best section to discuss this
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by D1KeleVra(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Topic
You wan kill urself ni? cheesy the car go jus burst for road
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by HERO111: 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
@poster,
mosquito wants to fly across river niger, hmmm na wa o God go help us lipsrsealed
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by D1KeleVra(m): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
hehe cheesy
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by perfectbuy(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2009
Picantos travel all the time time to kano, why not port harcourt
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Gifo(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
The answer to the question @ topic is YES. But the suitability is then the concern, considering the nature of our roads and especially the Ore-Benin-Bayelsa road. I wont recommend it.

But this is different from the position of people like Mrcackles condemning kia(hyundai) products. I bet u've not bought one and used it. I tell you that these cars are being bought and used steadily. A number of people I know are still using their's happily 3years after. Man, you just don't know. Also try the 2009 Sonata, you'll love your life! By the way, I've been using it for long hauls and its just flawless.

So lets be clear about the issue being discussed.

2 Likes

Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Zikkyy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2009
Epiphany:

I like this answer.

Honestly, i dont think that stressing a 1.1L engine for that distance is fair. As a driver, i dont think you will enjoy the drive either. I would think that instead of spending 1.5M naira or thereabout on a new car (that will suffer the wear and tear of that distance due to the roads and stress on the engine) why dont you spend 2M on a very good imported car from America (Honda, Toyota, etc) as advertised here in Nairaland. Many of those cars have done less that 20000m (some even less than 10k) and will serve you well for a few years or more.

Regardless of the newness of the picanto, driving on those roads in the east with trailers, lorries, luxury buses, 15 seaters and so on is no joke. They will 'blow' you off the road. Consider also the mentality of those drivers on the road. The smaller your car is, the more likely they are to 'chance' you each time they have the opportunity. Consider your safety too. We do not pray for accidents but imagine what will happen to a picanto if a bigger car (and not even a trailer) runs into it.

Picanto's are best for inner city roads where you can save on fuel costs, easily manouvre btw bigger cars and park in the smallest space. They are not built for long journeys especially on very rough roads.

This is a very good response.

Picanto is made for city driving and not highway. Though as a new car it can go anywhere in Nigeria. You should also consider your safety as well. Bigger cars provide better cover on the road for the passengers.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by sayso: 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
Kia picanto,is this not that small car that looks like keke na pepe?
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Nezan(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Epiphany; its quite true.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Bishop(m): 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][flash=200,200]http://[center]
KIA KIA TO SPOIL LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/center][/flash]
[/font]
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by underscore: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2009
Gifo for president (2011)!!! Brilliant answer!
@ poster, Kia Picanto is a city car and should be used for intra-city runs.
You may wist to upgrade to a kia cerato/ optima or hyundai elantra/sonata.
They'll serve you better than the tokunbos ,
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by darqly(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
Kai, Kia Ke? grin
I had the chance to drive a Kia Rio sometime this year, it was like being inside a Beautiful "Kwali", everything just within reach and in moderation, but I felt every bump on the road I can tell you.
The bigger Kia's yes but the smaller ones are better suited for within-city jaunts.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Aks(m): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2009
My answer is NO. I believe if you ask an AUTO technician working in KIA, they will definitely say no. My reason has to do with the ENGINE CAPACITY, STABILITY and the LIFE SPAN of the car. As some guys have said, a car of 1.1 / 1.3 litre engine is meant for intra city shuttle (stress will be too much for the engine which might shorten the life span)while car of 1.6 & above is meant for long distance trip (best suitable for your purpose).

KIA and HYUNDAI are good car brands which can give you same output as TOYOTA / HONDA cars so far the engine capacity is the same.
Come to think of it, the reason why there are so many 2.7L / 3.O Litre V6 engines in US is because of the inter-city distance cars cover over there because it guarantees stability, comfortability and no stress at all on the engine
If you are planning to get a new car, i'll advise you get a 1.6 litre engine car (price reasonable) and above otherwise if it's Tokunbo a TOYOTA CAMRY / HONDA ACCORD 2.0 Litre might be the best option which will be in the range of 1.3M - 1.5M
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by mantote: 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2009
forget about buying a picato for a long distance trip.
add 250k and gor for say a hyundai accent(1.4m)
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by MUNEER2(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
Nigerians will never stopped to amazing one
I think he asked for an advice,
funny! funny! funny! smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by D1KeleVra(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2009
perfectbuy:

Picantos travel all the time time to kano, why not port harcourt

that's a perfect lie tongue
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Utaroz(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2009
llade:

Am very grateful for all your advice and having gone through your responses, I want to believe that the general consensus is that a picanto will not be able to withstand the rigours involved in such a journey. Am grateful and I think i will be a little bit more patient and try go get a car with a bigger engine as i prefer driving by road myself except am flying.

C'est finis smiley
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Carlosein(m): 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2009
sayso:

Kia picanto,is this not that small car that looks like keke na pepe?

LWKMD!

Na true o, but it has four tyres now grin grin grin grin

@ topic, omo no try am o. it will only last a short while and begin to send you to the mechanics frequently
(if you are still alive by then)
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by etauso(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
Come and buy an American Spec C-Class full option in Calabar - Call 0805 2856 853
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by D1KeleVra(m): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2009
No! I want a G-Class angry
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by inspiredm(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
The Kia Morning, known as the Kia Picanto is a low cost city car produced in South Korea by Kia Motors

(internal model index SA).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Morning

Kia & Hyundai are Owned by the Same Parent Company

Driving a Kia Picanto or the Hyundai i10  for Long Distance  trips are Strongly Not Recommended

Other Models of the Kia and The HYundais are Pretty Fair Vehicles
  cool cool
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by novexme(m): 12:26am On Sep 25, 2009
2 be honest with u, i reckon from wat every1 as said u Shld get ur answer but i wld jst like 2 say a picanto is just like any other city car in its category e.g toyota starlet. Which re made for d city n not 4 travelling, d suspension n body weight re not strong enough 2 withstand d high breeze u experience on a major expressway, dats y dey don't come in bigger engine types. Just within 1.1l - 1.2l or 1.4l. U want more info google best cars and specs for traveling long distances and c d results for urself. I once used starlet n cld feel d effect overtaking vehicles had on it even when it is parked, so imagine wat it'll be like in motion, My advice get a car either new or tokunbo with a bigger engine capacity n horsepower. It is better 2 be safe dan careless ''Because others do it, doesn't mean its safe''
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by sley4life(m): 2:07am On Sep 25, 2009
indie22:

u're obviously either a retard or cant read properly, so what if in answering the question i'm advertising a brand?, the bottom line is that i answered his question, abeg, go and take out your frustration on someone else!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, u did not answer any question. What was asked is Can Kia Picanto travel to lag-port.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by sley4life(m): 2:10am On Sep 25, 2009
hackney:

You can get a top belgium benz 230 E in Lagos.
With factory fitted  aircon and CD player, auto windows, formica dash and good-condition upholstery.
All for about 950K

That way you will be laughing on your journey.
Any free stretch of good tarmac, you put the pedal to the metal
Believe me.
cool cool cool
dude. That one too cost benz 230E 1980's model for 950K? Why not buy tocks C or E class for that range or buy Camry 2.1
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by samnaija: 3:25am On Sep 25, 2009
if i were u stick with either a toyota or honda these re the best cars 4 long distance travelling. japanese cars are durable (lagos-onitisha) wole!!!. even benz and bmw cannot actually stand long distance they are luxury cars enjoyed within town (big man car). kia 4 get it (na blender engine dey inside).
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Vicboya(m): 5:32am On Sep 25, 2009
Jst 2 add,we can only advise but u hav 2 tak a decision.I tink epiphany said d most sensible stuff.I can rember in shiloh 08 bishop Abioye made an illustratn in one of his mesage usin kia picanto.Kia especialy picanto has no stamina 4 highway.Its air resistance canot be compared 2 even d golf car.D truth is no car is bad,but wat u do b4 buyin a car is dat put in2 consideratn some factors like purpose 4 buyin.My broda,i cant risk travelin wit kia"PICANTO" 4rm lagos 2 ore.D car is paperlike,dose heavyduty cars can skid u off.Accordin 2 FRSC,safety first.U can a (FRSC) CADET MARSHAL 4 more advise.Safe bro,i wish u d best.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by tayoTFC(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2009
BROS, NEW OR OLD CAR, IT IS NOT Advisable to drive urself from lagos to PH, considering the risk involve, like potholes,armrobbery, Accident and streess u will face in driving over 7hrs, i have try it driving my car 2.0 engine primerer Auto, from lagos to Abuja , bros i blame myself for the journey. why not use ur money to buy comfort if u have money to buy car,then u can affort to travel by air or u need to enjoy sight see on the road then go with ABC luxerus bus it safe and convinent , rather than risk ur life on the nigeria danger road.if u need a new car all KIA, HYUNDIA, PRODUCT ARE GOOD provided it a new car not Tokunbo.
Tokunbo car can disapoint u regardless of the grade, ( Tokunbo car problem on or after long journey = fuel pump,brainbox,overheating, flattyre,engine problem,injectorand capriator problem)
new car will never disapoint u cos u are the first user, ( Normal service after used has advice by the service provider company).
poster, i have both tokunbo and new car so am talking from experience my tokunbo car is for sunday church, shoping on saturday while my new car QQ6 Cheery is for office use monday to friday and for big occassion and visitation of family member.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by mightlove(f): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2009
tayoTFC:

BROS, NEW OR OLD CAR, IT IS NOT Advisable to drive urself from lagos to PH, considering the risk involve, like potholes,armrobbery, Accident and streess u will face in driving over 7hrs, i have try it driving my car 2.0 engine primerer Auto, from lagos to Abuja , bros i blame myself for the journey. why not use your money to buy comfort if u have money to buy car,then u can affort to travel by air or u need to enjoy sight see on the road then go with ABC luxerus bus it safe and convinent , rather than risk your life on the nigeria danger road.if u need a new car all KIA, HYUNDIA, PRODUCT ARE GOOD provided it a new car not Tokunbo.
Tokunbo car can disapoint u regardless of the grade, ( Tokunbo car problem on or after long journey = fuel pump,brainbox,overheating, flattyre,engine problem,injectorand capriator problem)
new car will never disapoint u cos u are the first user, ( Normal service after used has advice by the service provider company).
poster, i have both tokunbo and new car so am talking from experience my tokunbo car is for sunday church, shoping on saturday while my new car QQ6 Cheery is for office use monday to friday and for big occassion and visitation of family member.

Some of your opinion may seem true but not completely true.
Are u saying that new cars do not give the problems you just mentioned above. having a car and enjoying it is mostly about having a good maintenance culture. And whats wrong if he decides to be driving himself to Port harcourt instead of flying? Its his choice and it could be safe as well.What he needs is advice on whether kia picanto can withstand the stress or not.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Oluschenco(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2009
It is ideal to get a tokunbo Honda Accord 2.21, its very good-looking and rugged.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? / MRS Oil Denies Importing Adulterated Fuel / London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.