Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper (38564 Views)

Slay Queen Caught Bush Meat, Prepares Delicious Pepper Soup (photos) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / How To Make Goat Meat Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by 247notire(m): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
mancheeutd:

What a tale... no wonder your life is miserable
The most shameful part of your macabre display of bigotry is that you're a Man United fan.

Honestly, I think you're sick.

Quit stalking me pls.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
247notire:

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi once said: Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria, they are always quick to play the ethnic card.

Everything naijasinglegirl wrote up there is very true.

I'm a Lagosian through and through and sentiments aside, she has not lied.

She's only stating her experiences with Yoruba way of life (food) and she did that without sounding condescending or insulting so what's your problem man?

Grow up dude and stop seeing everything from a tribalistic point of view!

So you eat your moinmoin with stew? I can see the writer was trying to be humorous but if you think everything she said is true then you are definitely not a Lagosian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by omocheche(f): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Go and marry[q1uote author=Naijasinglegirl post=47491095]I would never understand Yorubas and their love for stew. In the past couple of months, have been having ALL MY MEALS at bukas and Iya Basira's and each time I ask for any meal, they top my food with stew.
Bukas cum Iya Basiras in VI, Surulere, Yaba, Agege, Ikeja, Egbeda and the rest of Lagos are guilty of this! In short it is becoming a matter of state security.  8-O
This afternoon I bought common yam porridge and they has to top it with stew in addition to the excessive the palm oil. It is the same thing with soups and I have suspended eating eba if it is not home cooked.
Vegetable soup, melon, and ewedu soups all come with stew.
An iyabasira once told me its not intentional, that they usually cook meat in stew reason I always see bits of stew in my food even when I buy ice cream from a Yoruba woman!
Like, I have stopped buying meat and they are still serving me meals with stew!

I bought moimoi last week and they poured a generous amount of stew on my innocent moimoi.

I bought Yam and fried egg and stew was poured ontop my yam!

I bought jollof rice, beef and coleslaw and they poured stew on my coleslaw.

Fried rice always comes with stew or excessive oil.

I bought rice, stew and boiled egg and they poured stew on my innocent egg!

Like! Open any Iya Basira's pot and you'll see innocent boiled eggs soaked in stew.
Everything is now starting to taste like stew in my mouth. Funny part is when you ask for  the real rice and stew, they are usually very stingy with stew.
I have to keep up with this until I have made enough money to afford KFC and chicken republic everyday!
I. Am. Tired.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/yoruba-people-wont-kill-stew-oil-pepper/[/quote]
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by enigma2007(m): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
247notire:
Mr man I'm a Lagosian through and through so you can't tell me about Yoruba food and stew.

She was saying the truth albeit in a very humorous way.

Thank God you got the joke anyway.

On a side note, I have observed that you're always spoiling for a tribal war, you need to take a break on that dude. It doesn't add value to your life in any way does it?

Don't promote hate and I'll feelings towards another tribe man, it belittles all Yoruba known values.

Bros! i be Lagosian all through (Infact i rep "Mushin"...tuale to my Mushin people in da house.. wink)... So...I know my food and my bukas... Moreover, i grew up with a grandma that is a chef (local one o) and a grandfather that needs his cholesterol managed.

On the other issue:

Me ke? Check all my posts again... i am detribalized as you can get... I have friends across all ethnic groups/religion/Nationalities both at work and home. I will rather judge a man/woman based on their interactions with me than judge entire tribes based on the few bad eggs which you and i know are not a function of tribe/religion/country...

In fact, i love traveling around the country to sample food and cultures whenever i have the time, though the current security challenges is making me to think again before going anywhere now.

The easiest way for me to cut someone off or put me on guard is to lead any conversation with tribe or religion...
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by lepasharon(f): 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Jimi23:

Those leaves are healthier.
Really? After overcooking the leaves

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by matrixme(m): 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
yiibo girl, go back to Onitsha so you enjoy your oiless soups and ukpa. You people think you are wiser with your culinary skills. You overwork your selves, yet you don't use much palm oil that is highly nutritious. Have you compared the ages old people die in both Yoruba and Igbo states? Keep mocking our foods and we see who laughs last. #Yoruba

7 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by wagazala: 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
lepasharon:
Just like how Igbos like green leaves

Na so e be

Oh you got that right. Igbos would put leaves in a glass of water if allowed.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by YourNemesis: 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
lepasharon:

Really? After overcooking the leaves

loooool.....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Even their ultimate amala ati ewedu stew must dey....
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by lepasharon(f): 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
The Almighty ayamase stew is from yorubas and everyone likes it so I don't understand this thing of yorubas not being able to cook undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by YourNemesis: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
lepasharon:
The Almighty ayamase stew is from yorubas and everyone likes it so I don't understand this thing of yorubas not being able to cook undecided

lol.. this is Nairaland where anybody says anything.
Take anything they say serious, at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by littlemistress: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
thunder74:
Even puff - puff too dey get pepper, get used to it. Emi ti o j'ata, emi yepere. ( Somebody should interpret this for the op)

soul wey no chop correct pepper, na soft soul.
I try??

but seriously, this post is full of exaggeration. stew on coleslaw, fried rice, moi moi. Op lie small small abeg

but we all know it's just for traffic

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Harvard13(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I would never understand Yorubas and their love for stew. In the past couple of months, have been having ALL MY MEALS at bukas and Iya Basira's and each time I ask for any meal, they top my food with stew.
Bukas cum Iya Basiras in VI, Surulere, Yaba, Agege, Ikeja, Egbeda and the rest of Lagos are guilty of this! In short it is becoming a matter of state security.  8-O
This afternoon I bought common yam porridge and they has to top it with stew in addition to the excessive the palm oil. It is the same thing with soups and I have suspended eating eba if it is not home cooked.
Vegetable soup, melon, and ewedu soups all come with stew.
An iyabasira once told me its not intentional, that they usually cook meat in stew reason I always see bits of stew in my food even when I buy ice cream from a Yoruba woman!
Like, I have stopped buying meat and they are still serving me meals with stew!

I bought moimoi last week and they poured a generous amount of stew on my innocent moimoi.

I bought Yam and fried egg and stew was poured ontop my yam!

I bought jollof rice, beef and coleslaw and they poured stew on my coleslaw.

Fried rice always comes with stew or excessive oil.

I bought rice, stew and boiled egg and they poured stew on my innocent egg!

Like! Open any Iya Basira's pot and you'll see innocent boiled eggs soaked in stew.
Everything is now starting to taste like stew in my mouth. Funny part is when you ask for  the real rice and stew, they are usually very stingy with stew.
I have to keep up with this until I have made enough money to afford KFC and chicken republic everyday!
I. Am. Tired.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/yoruba-people-wont-kill-stew-oil-pepper/

stew for fried rice!! mogbe tito
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by FuckYouMods: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
Smartsyn:
You omitted the ultimate, bread and palm oil beans.. That is where food ends..

It has been helping the poor since 90bc
U remind me of 60/40 during my undergraduate grin
Wit #100 u'r owk for d day gringringrin
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by totit: 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin

Yoruba tribe must be very a great tribe. No wonder the are one of the top greatest tribe that ever come out of Africa and the world at large grin

Abeg, una still dey fight over this soup thingy? wink cheesy can't you all see that the OP was basically promoting her BLOG

I'd rather eat my yoruba pepper,oil soup than the shit that often look helpless/lifeless from our flattiieex people from the land of the sorry SUN grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by parrotibaba(m): 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
Why can't these tribalist f'cks see the humor in this? The way Yorubas are defending their cooking will tell an outsider that perhaps the op is right after all!. This naija single girl is known for her humor filled posts, she has equally dropped posts about other tribes also so I don't understand this bullshit that I'm reading here angry Not everything is about tribes in nairaland. I blame the politics section for breeding this nonsense, gone are the days when a joke is taken as a joke here.

All these testosterone driven teenagers in this forum should mind themselves for once, for f'cks sake!
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
Missy89:

So if their food is not tasty, what is a stew? Feces?

That one neutralizes the bad taste of the foods

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Missy89(f): 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

That one neutralizes the bad taste of the foods

But stew is a food too which makes your post really stup.id

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
nightmile:

Igbos are eating coco yam leaf , palm fruits and raw cassava today is as a result of hunger during the civil war and they are boasting about it.

It's called discovery! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by engrhorla(m): 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
thunder74:
Even puff - puff too dey get pepper, get used to it. Emi ti o j'ata, emi yepere. ( Somebody should interpret this for the op)

Emi ti o j'ata, emi yepere means

Nigga wey no chop pepper never live d life gan gan...
U knw what am saying

Pepper is so good for d body, nwane

No be tin tomato with ground pepper cha cha cha

grin grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
Missy89:

But stew is a food too which makes your post really stup.id
It can help
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
totit:
grin

Yoruba tribe must be very a great tribe. No wonder the are one of the top greatest tribe that ever come out of Africa and the world at large grin

Abeg, una still dey fight over this soup thingy? wink cheesy can't you all see that the OP was basically promoting her BLOG

I'd rather eat my yoruba pepper,oil soup than the shit that often look helpless/lifeless from our flattiieex people from the land of the sorry SUN grin

Igbo foods are tastier

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
matrixme:
yiibo girl, go back to Onitsha so you enjoy your oiless soups and ukpa. You people think you are wiser with your culinary skills. You overwork your selves, yet you don't use much palm oil that is highly nutritious. Have you compared the ages old people die in both Yoruba and Igbo states? Keep mocking our foods and we see who laughs last. #Yoruba
Na only oil dey nutritious?
Too much oils cause fattening. Just enough is ok, it doesn't have to be excess.
That's why igbo foods are tastier.

Who said igbos don't live longer? Lmao. Na oil they elongate lives?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by validstar1: 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Gracious10:
What I can never ever ever stand is their Green Okro with stew! God forbid!!!
I reject and bind. The sight of it makes me puke. Their Ewedu nko? God have mercy!
Nothing compared to rich Okro made from scratch and loads of vegetables, no stew biko.
U're an IDIOT

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by TrollTrap: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lol this Naija single girl obviously meant this as a joke (c'mon who puts atew on coleslaw) but most of the people on here are so facking stewpid(all pun intended) that they see this as an attack on their tribe....
Bunch of idiats lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by totit: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbo foods are tastier

No. That you said so doesn't make it true.

Yoruba foods are tastier. grin

What food does ibooozz have apart from akpu

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by flokii: 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Naijasinglegirl can you cook?

Stew sef don dey tire me too.. need more of vegetable, bitterleaf soup and all cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Kassidy90(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
YourNemesis:

Two married Igbo women, just like that!
You just confirmed which tribe has sluts for women.

No mind them they always believe they knw Hw to badmouth other tribes...at least I knw more than 4 Igbo women sleeping with my uncle just because he's a medical doctor, some of them won't even allow their husband to touch them just because they have appointment wit my uncle, tho I av warned him to stop dating married women if he can't hold his joystick he should be going after singles

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by madapcmod: 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
Yoloba and gulping oil are like 5 &6

Ewa ago yin with breadi + oily pepperish stew

Ewedu + stew

Egusi + stew

Tea with stew

No wonder them dey fat like yokozuna due to too much collesterol from oil
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by mapet: 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
Vikings007:
I just knew the thread will have some tribalistic comments. Gone are the days when jokes were JOKES.

If it was meant to be a joke, unfortunately it was not funny, in fact it was dry. Also there is no way you can pass a joke by denigrating people's way of life. It shows low standards and lack of intelligence on the part of the OP. I'm tempted to regard you same if you think this is just a joke......

It is also plain stu.pid to look at the world through your prism alone. I find it ironical and rather strange that someone from some village is visting Lagos for the first time and try to form an enlightened lady. Meanwhile the opposite is the case. I imagine if the OP ever gets to travel overseas and see different varieties of food of different countries, will she be comparing with her village delicacies as well?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by mapet: 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
misspatsy:
NSG might be from any tribe in Nigeria but I don't see why these boys here won't understand that most of her topics here are jokes and nothing to be taken serious
She once created a thread about yaba market sellers and as we all know,they are majorly igbos.No one took it as an insult against any tribe.
I tire for these boys here sha

So because she jokes about everything, even at the expense of ridiculing people's way of life, then we should pat her on the back. Madam, there is something called decorum and decency. Not everything that goes thru the brain must come out unprocessed. Classic intelligence tells you when you go into another man's house, you respect him in his space. You don't come and pass comments about his house, his food etc to his face

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? / Family Rice: Akwa Ibom Rice Is In Town (Photos) / Dis Food Sweet Well Well- UK Diplomat Salivates On Kilishi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.