Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

And Ribadu Escaped Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And Ribadu Escaped Again! (619 Views)

Obasanjo: “How I Escaped Being Ritually-Killed With 7 Heads Of Cattle” / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Ribadu Escaped Again! by YarisMan(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
This man seems to understand the weakness of Nigerian security system. grin grin grin

Read this:

Following Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s unannounced appearance at the Ikeja GRA residence of the late Chief Gani Fawehinmi yesterday, P.M.News gathered that security agents have made frantic efforts to locate his whereabouts in Lagos and Abuja to arrest him.

Ribadu had earlier been declared wanted by the Code of Conduct Bureau over alleged false assets declaration.

The former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), who was sent on course at the Nigerian Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, Jos, was later demoted from Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) to Assistant Commissioner of Police and subsequently dismissed by the police authorities for insurbordination.

The manhunt for Ribadu, P.M.News gathered, took the security agents to Fawehinmi’s residence in Lagos and later to some other places.

The police, Immigration Service and State Security Service (SSS) personnel at the airport and land borders have been directed to spread their dragnet and arrest Ribadu.

Top security operatives were said to have made discreet phone calls to some friends and relations of Ribadu to know his whereabouts. These calls, P.M.News gathered, did not yield any positive result.

Unknown to the security agents, the man they were looking for had sneaked out of the country again, using the same route he used in coming.

P.M.News gathered that when Ribadu suddenly appeared in a flowing white gown at the Fawehinmi residence yesterday evening, the few people around the house and Gani’s children could not recognise him until someone told them that was Nuhu Ribadu.

Ribadu, P.M.News learnt, spent about 30 minutes with the family of Fawehinmi and later requested the family to take him to the private morgue at LASUTH to see the corpse of the late human rights activist.

He was obliged. At the morgue, Ribadu reportedly touched Gani’s hand, legs and head and spoke some words. For about 16 minutes, he stood transfixed looking at the corpse.

In the condolence register he signed at the Fawehinmi residence, Ribadu said: “I have lost a father, a friend and a mentor; but I am grateful to God for having a very inspiring relationship with Chief.

“He helped to shape my life; he made me to believe in the truth and I just have to have the courage to stand by these ideals. May his kind soul rest in peace, God will be kind to Gani because he was a kind and good man.”

P.M.News gathered that Ribadu had earlier sent a condolence message which was used in Nigerian newspapers. Part of it read: “I regret that I am unable to be with his bereaved family and my fellow mourning Nigerians at his janazah. I pray to the Almighty Allah to grant this honourable man aljana.”

Many believed he used this as a decoy to put security operatives off his trail when he would come to pay his last respects to the man he described as his “father and mentor”.

Ribadu fled the country after alleging assassination attempt on his life.

He is currently a senior fellow in St. Anthony’s College, Oxford University, UK.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/09/11/manhunt-for-nuhu-ribadu-sneaks-out-of-the-country-again
Re: And Ribadu Escaped Again! by Eagle1(m): 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2009
a la agent 007?
Re: And Ribadu Escaped Again! by Gbawe: 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
Like Luke Slywalker (Star Wars) I believe 'the force is with' Ribadu. I have not agreed with everything he did but I now feel that Ribadu is a man of destiny with a part to play in the development of Nigeria. This inept Government is giving Ribadu Robin Hood style cult status . I am sure Ribadu has learnt his lesson. He is now fully aware of how treacherous Nigerian leaders are. He will now realise integrity is important because those who sent him out to fight showed non with how they left him to face the music when corruption (typified by Ibori) fought back. Ribadu might have viewed Gani as a kindred spirit in this regard. I think Ribadu will not let Nigerians down if he gets the type of second shot at leadership OBJ squandered.
Re: And Ribadu Escaped Again! by Bialegend(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2009
Is it not the same way he hunted and hounded his master ObJ's political enemies? What is he running away from? Let him come and face the music if he is clean. The man that he visited use to turn himself up to the authority whenever wanted. The coward ribadu should turn himself up and clear himself off any accusation if he actually has nothing to hide. Only the morons in this forum are hailing this idiot that didn't convict and jail any single corrupt politician through out his many years in office.
Re: And Ribadu Escaped Again! by sjeezy8: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
ribadu is running from what?

The guy acted as tool for obj now it has come back to bite him in d ass

Naija is so twisted no one knows who to praise or condemn

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu For President 2011 / Ojukwu Betray Me - Okorie / Citizen Journalism (official Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.