Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi (30603 Views)

Boko Haram Still Controls 3 LGAs In Nigeria - UN / Fatai Owoseni Controls Traffic In Ikorodu (Photos) / My Wife Controls Four Govt Ministries- Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by saintdennis(m): 11:32am On Jul 14, 2016
The ways nigerians talk about power a stranger would think we used to have 24hours power b4.

Lols. This country
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by bikefab(m): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
A poor excuse for failure...SMH!
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by chigoizie7(m): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Op, are you plain ignorant or did you fail to go through your own thread?

What is the difference from the power sector we had during sanusi regime and what we have now? Or has any of the systems changed? From privatisation down to whatever?
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Ochinawata01(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Is privatizing the whole farm in Nigeria the best.
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
Nigerians don't read.

Shame.

Sanudi is basically saying the minister of powers hands are tied because the dams are controlled by the ministry of water resources, gas for turbines are controlled by the ministry of petroleum, the price of electricity is controlled by the NERC, and d supply to homes is controlled by DISCOs because PHCN was privatized.

He is basically making excuses on behalf of d ministry of power (and indirectly supporting fashola). He's saying the ministry should have more powers as d minister of power doesn't have any say concerning d aspects of power availability.
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Reference(m): 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
Nothing but the truth. Totally agree with Sanusi on this. Power, Aviation, Communications.....for whot....nothing but useless politicking.
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by owoademola: 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
PAINGAIN:
overrated fashola. I was in nigeria recently and i couldn't see any meaningful thing he did in lagos. Nonsense
Where and where have you been in to in Lagos...............
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Reference(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
janellemonae:
Nigerians don't read.

Shame.

Sanudi is basically saying the minister of powers hands are tied because the dams are controlled by the ministry of water resources, gas for turbines are controlled by the ministry of petroleum, the price of electricity is controlled by the NERC, and d supply to homes is controlled by DISCOs.

He is basically making excuses on behalf of d ministry of power (and indirectly supporting fashola). He's saying the ministry should have more powers as d minister of power doesn't have any say concerning d aspects of power availability.

Hmmm, tying of hands connotes bondage, kidnapping, hostage taking by the PLO. So we have to rescue Fashola from the power ministry and when he is free he'd better run for his life like a real abductee or we will smell a rat, begin to believe this entire hostage drama is fake and more of BDSM. Folks have you heard the joke about the Nigerian police stumbling upon a BDSM sin party....
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by ahaz: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
I will continue to wail it that Fashola is over-hyped. He is not fit for that job. Even as a lawyer, he never handled any high profiled case.
so you mean fashola is a charge and bail san? na wa o
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by aressssa: 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
I will continue to wail it that Fashola is over-hyped. He is not fit for that job. Even as a lawyer, he never handled any high profiled case.

Sounds like you lack reading and comprehension skills..

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by aressssa: 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
owoademola:

Where and where have you been in to in Lagos...............

He's never left his village.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by ideykwum: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2016
modath:

The quoted is the point. dazall.

Sensationalism and naija journalists; Siamese twins. cool

The main problem with government (all tiers of government ) is the absence of a quality management system. I'm glad that the country is planning towards a first ever quality policy. It's amazing that most technocrats can't put their finger on this reality.
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Billiondoe: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
crixtex:
LOLSSSS....... Remove him there and give the position to a Northerner.....
When you put a lawyer.in charge of an engineering job, and mumu NSE be looking like clowns.....
Minister of power, works and housing... Nigeria is becoming a joke, how can one man successfully handle 3 ministerial positions when all three needs urgent attention...then to crown it GCFR, colander in chief of the Armed Forces is the minister for petroleum cry undecided
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Billiondoe: 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
crixtex:
LOLSSSS....... Remove him there and give the position to a Northerner.....
When you put a lawyer.in charge of an engineering job, and mumu NSE be looking like clowns.....
Minister of power, works and housing... Nigeria is becoming a joke, how can one man successfully handle 3 ministerial positions when all three needs urgent attention...then to crown it GCFR, commander in chief of the Armed Forces is the minister for petroleum cry undecided
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by aressssa: 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
janellemonae:
Nigerians don't read.

Shame.

Sanudi is basically saying the minister of powers hands are tied because the dams are controlled by the ministry of water resources, gas for turbines are controlled by the ministry of petroleum, the price of electricity is controlled by the NERC, and d supply to homes is controlled by DISCOs because PHCN was privatized.

There many things going on here from inability to read and comprehend to tribalism, bigotry and the usual hate and bitterness against other people by the usual hate mongering characters and bigots..
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
madridguy:
Fashola, we believe in you.
TELL HIM THE TRUTH.
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
Billiondoe:

Minister of power, works and housing... Nigeria is becoming a joke, how can one man successfully handle 3 ministerial positions when all three needs urgent attention...then to crown it GCFR, commander in chief of the Armed Forces is the minister for petroleum cry undecided

grin
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by AreaFada2: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
onatisi:

So u cant read the political handwriting
The first is to show how helpless the man is,they will then move him to another ministry.
Have you forgotten the bola ige power ministry saga during obj tenure?
To be honest, having looked at how poorly managed various departments are, I believe BRF was handed a poisoned chalice of a ministry. Maybe not purposely but it is one of those positions you can still fail even after making massive efforts.

I have to admit that failing being president, I wanted Fash to have these three merged positions and be a quasi prime minister. Even before election last year. Coincidentally Buhari did.

You know what, taking him to another ministry could be politically good for Fash. Maybe a place he can excel quicker. Because at the rate things are going, I have serious doubts that he can significantly change light situation or even lay a solid enough foundation in the next 2 years and 10 months.

No guarantee he will be there after May 2019.
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by AreaFada2: 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
janellemonae:
Nigerians don't read.

Shame.

I said exactly so here earlier but I have been told that I do not understand the political undertone in Sanusi's message. We have become so suspicious in 9ja that we like to decipher the cryptic message even in "good morning". grin
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by Henrichemeka(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
In Nigeria now, no minister controls his/her ministry. They are just following order.
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by MagnaB: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
dre11:

Power minister controls nothing – Emir of Kano

http://punchng.com/power-minister-controls-nothing-emir-kano/

I just love this man. He never shys away from the truth and speaks truly like a real intellectual and not like the glorified politicians and other Nigerians in power who shy away from the truth only because they are always in search of favours and think they might upset someone in government. He truly has my up most respect.
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by RUDEBOYY(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
The power is no longer Epileptic... It now no light everywhere cry
Re: Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:18am On Jul 15, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
yet he hyped in Lagos
You think it's only in court that lawyers show diasef ba
Even in Yankee tax lawyers make all the money not criminal lawyers.
Even charge and bail make more than criminal, all they have is name and Hunger unless they represent criminals.
But calm Dan, 3 more years

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magu Disliked By 90 Percent Of EFCC Staff, He Is Autocratic - Ubani / Jonathan, Wike, Others Pay Tributes To Lulu Briggs At Final Burial / Unknown Gunmen Burn Houses In Imo State, Loot Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.