Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria (43799 Views)

Inside Vietnamese Cat Market Where Cats Are Butchered For ₦25,000 Delicacy(Pics) / Huge Python Swallowed Antelope In Ondo; Was Caught And Butchered (Photos, Video) / A Market In Nigeria Where Pythons Are Butchered & Sold As Meat (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by harbdulrasaq88(m): 10:10am On Jul 15, 2016
According to a Kano-based Facebook user, donkey meat are being sold in markets in the north and customers come from all parts of Nigeria to purchase the meat. Not sure i got the translation right but below is what he wrote in Hausa:

"KASUWAR DA AKE SIYAR DA NAMAN JAKUNA A AREWA.... Kasuwar jakunan kara dake garin Rara a jihar Kebbi ana yanka jakuna kamar guda dari biyar a kowanne sati.... Kwastomomin kasuwar suna zuwa daga dukkan bangarorin Nigeria don siya ko shan farfesun jakuna a kasuwar"

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-donkeys-are-butchered-and-sold.html

1 Share

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Raydos: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2016
in my village.

it's a taboo to be ftc

so i'm selling this ftc nah nah

bro no bother yaself.
i no sell again grin

5 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by harbdulrasaq88(m): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2016

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by attackgat: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2016
Hmmmmmm........... I hope this meat is not finding its way down to the east! I remember someone telling me in Benin City that it is called 'kete-kete'

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by bosschinalu(m): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2016
not again....Fear Northh

7 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by forghon: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2016
u tried but is kebbi in a town called rara about 500 donkeys are being slaughtered every week and customers from all over Nigeria come to buy the meat or take pepper soup at the market

10 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Landloard01(m): 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
very soon

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Benjom(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
Uhun!!!
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by mojeed4(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hmm... Nice one

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by locosis007(m): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
All name meat.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Genea(f): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
The quality control here is very poor. We are at risks of being highly infected...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
I no say na baba daura kings men.

.Na there way.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by BrightEye(m): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kai, naman jaki akwai dadi!

3 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Stevosty: 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
It's like this is the source of those black dry meat sold in the markets mostly by northerner.

2 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Cherishing(f): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
poor donkies easily butchered in pieces, black man's meal is white man's pet. SMH

Wetin hunger de cause sha!

why won't the escaped chimp from the zoo run back to their cage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by chiefboomite204(f): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
Amazing
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Doublyu(m): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
Why in Gods name do we kip killing rare animals?... na wa ooo..

The donkeys in the 1st pix be like "Nna dis pple wicked oo. See as dem dey slaughter us. because say dem don buy motor finish, dem no need us again. Anybody wey climb my back, i go mk sure say em neck break" grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by rumaabk(m): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
Na lie o this is a market in Abakalili Ebonyi State. Everyday trailers loaded with donkeys were moving to South Eastern part of the country especially Ebonyi state.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Dymaco(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
who havent chop this meat
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Redstone(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kilishi eaters need to be careful of what they eat.
Anyway, this is a nice information.

1 Like

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Youngetskilz23(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
very sweet meat. cow they learn work.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by elampiro(m): 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
Some 'Mallam' used it to make suya.

My colleague once told me that when she complained to a suya seller that his suya was cheap but wasn't sweet as what she was used to, the man confessed to her that he uses donkey meat. The man opened up after my colleague said she had complained to him many times before.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by manosteel(m): 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ugly scene nevertheless bring the meat.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by KINGwax007(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
forghon:
u tried but is kebbi in a town called rara about 500 donkeys are being slaughtered every week and customers from all over Nigeria come to buy the meat or take pepper soup at the market
bros, you, together with others who've been saying, 'Nigerians come all over the Nation to buy donkey meat in the North shld stop am, abeg'!

How can someone come from Ogun state or Delta state to come buy donkey meat for one yeye pepper soup? How much he wan sell the plate wey he dey go north go buy meat?

9 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Redstone(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
Youngetskilz23:
very sweet meat. cow they learn work.

Really? How does it taste? Hope it's not harmful.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by BrightEye(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
locosis007:
All name meat.

U need to throw away that your phone, cos u were trying to type " all na meat"

7 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by HRich(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
That's their own business.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by saintkel(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
Donkey? Looks more like colt to me,
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Ushiefrank(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=Stevosty post=47565118]It's like this is the source of those black dry meat sold in the markets mostly by northerner.

you get it right
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by zantama05(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
our cultural believe eating donkey's meat can make some one to sneezing incontrollably angry
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Burger01(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Donkeys? These people self angry
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Bondesniger(m): 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
why give what you can not eat to others to eat?

that is pure wickedness
in Islam it it not good to eat donkey because of it monthly period like women do

similar thing happened some where in Akoko Ondo State it was just God intervention it would have resulted of a religious hulabaloo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? / How I Made Chicken Stew Out Of The Blues. / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.