Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria (43811 Views)

Inside Vietnamese Cat Market Where Cats Are Butchered For ₦25,000 Delicacy(Pics) / Huge Python Swallowed Antelope In Ondo; Was Caught And Butchered (Photos, Video) / A Market In Nigeria Where Pythons Are Butchered & Sold As Meat (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by yomie040(m): 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
Forget it ooo, this meat is all over Nigeria ooo
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by hitz: 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
I don't understand this thread. Is donkey meat bad for consumption?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Divinehenrich(m): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Is because of this type of news that I have decided to eat fish or chicken and goat meat.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by pcagbaji(m): 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
Can somebody please explain to me what is wrong with donkey meat I mean honest reply
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by banmee(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
bosschinalu:
not again....Fear Northh

Why? Don't we see here on NL, where people from the south eat snakes, cats, alligators, vultures, etc. So, pray tell me; what's the difference?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Mubby4luv(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
hitz:
I don't understand this thread. Is donkey meat bad for consumption?
VERY! enough said
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by banmee(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mubby4luv:
VERY! enough said

How is it bad?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by moshino(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
attackgat:
Hmmmmmm........... I hope this meat is not finding its way down to the east! I remember someone telling me in Benin City that it is called 'kete-kete'

How do you know the meat they use for SUYA?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by deenvibe(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hope this is not kundi?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Youngetskilz23(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Redstone:

Really? How does it taste? Hope it's not harmful.
just like cow meat. but sweeter. you must have eaten it without knowing. have you ver patronized those hawkers who hawk meat inside sticks. mostly garnishd with onion and slice fresh peper. if u have. then , you hav eaten donkey.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by chinnyness122(f): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin
attackgat:
Hmmmmmm........... I hope this meat is not finding its way down to the east! I remember someone telling me in Benin City that it is called 'kete-kete'

Hahaha! i laff u in Swahili. Are u sure u've not eaten it unknowingly? Cos there's a market called Nkwo Jacki in Ezzangbo Ebonyi State (jacki is donkey). hundreds of donkeys are butchered here and distributed to other nearby cities like Enugu, Cross River, Onitsha, Aba, Asaba etc
they call it "Anu nwa the boy" grin
attackgat:

Hahaha! i laff u in Swahili. Are u sure u've not eaten it unknowingly? Cos there's a market called Nkwo Jacki in Ezzangbo Ebonyi State (jacki is donkey). hundreds of donkeys are butchered here and distributed to other nearby cities like Enugu, Cross River, Onitsha, Aba, Asaba etc
they call it "Anu nwa the boy"
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by thenny312(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by thenny312(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
I just hope these animals won't fight back at us someday
It sure would b disastrous (anipocalypse) lol
If u've seen zoo u'll know wat am talking about grin
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Abeyjide: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
they also slaughter camel for human consumption. when boiling it is not nice at all.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by zeedof(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Genea:
The quality control here is very poor. We are at risks of being highly infected...
are you statistician?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by zeedof(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Genea:
The quality control here is very poor. We are at risks of being highly infected...
are you a statistician?
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by omoadeleye(m): 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
But that is "tinko meat" na. Just try it with egusi soup
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by plendil: 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ive been told that in Ebonyi, if you're given any form of fried meat, be it in restaurant or by the road side, 6 times out of 10, it will be jaki meat. Why I usually settle for goat meat, fish or chicken.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with donkey meat. Its just a matter of choice.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by ManTiger(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
That creature has no marrow fluid and the Hausas hardly eat it.

1 Like

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by frisky2good(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
That donkeys are rare in some parts does not mean they are rare everywhere.

Doublyu:
Why in Gods name do we kip killing rare animals?... na wa ooo..

The donkeys in the 1st pix be like "Nna dis pple wicked oo. See as dem dey slaughter us. because say dem don buy motor finish, dem no need us again. Anybody wey climb my back, i go mk sure say em neck break" grin
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by samsam2019: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ewo!!!!!?

This is where the suya we eat come from
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Akinaukwa: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
God forbid, me eat donkey meat. No be by force.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by alaskido(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
Poor animal. It suffers to carry heavy loads for distance and finally gets killed for helping man as a mean of transportation. I hear this is the best meat eaten in EBONYI STATE. grin grin
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by rhymaholic: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
And some Nigerians wouldn't know they are purchasing donkey meat in the market. These mallams would probably sell donkey meat as cow meat. Idiots everywhere.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by khalidx: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
It's very rampant in okene kogi state now..it is called tinko by there patronizers and sellers
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by forghon: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
KINGwax007:
bros, you, together with others who've been saying, 'Nigerians come all over the Nation to buy donkey meat in the North shld stop am, abeg'!

How can someone come from Ogun state or Delta state to come buy donkey meat for one yeye pepper soup? How much he wan sell the plate wey he dey go north go buy meat?
pls be checking anything before u comment, u re a wasted person pls dnt waste my time

1 Like

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by topsco(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
Am just tired of this and that...In Europe a few donkeys were raised for meat even as the main ingredient of their regional dishes. Also in some part of Asia donkey meat is considered a delicacy with some restaurants specializing in such dishes. Na wah oh for Africa continent. Na only cow meat be meat....

2 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Genea(f): 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
zeedof:
are you a statistician?
microbiologists

1 Like

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by KINGwax007(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
forghon:
pls be checking anything before u comment, u re a wasted person pls dnt waste my time
guy, sharap abeg. You're the waste here. Why u go say people from all over Nigeria dey come buy donkey meat for North?

Ur brain dey function at all?
Shey na plane dem dey carry ani abi na train? Yeye boy

2 Likes

Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by Ibro2005: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
I can believe it is north... but they most be hidden somewhere. Only customers knows the place
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by jaafree: 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
wizzyenya:
I no say na baba daura kings men.

.Na there way.

. Abeg don't go far am from north this whole donkey meat is been sold to igbos and all the gwari ppl around. Talking of baba daura, u shld know from now that eating donkey is prohibited in islam so count muslims out of it.
Re: Donkeys Are Butchered And Sold In Markets In The Northern Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
attackgat:

In fact the SE is their no.1 destination, where they love meat of any kind and nothing is off the menu.

The trade in donkey,horse and dog meat etc from the north is a long established one and has been going on for many years.
They used to transport the animals alive but later found it easier & cheaper to butcher them pre-packaged as meat ready for consumption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? / How I Made Chicken Stew Out Of The Blues. / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.