Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

I Need Info On Visiting Switzerland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Info On Visiting Switzerland (1987 Views)

Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" / Eritrean Immigrant Emerges From A Suitcase In Switzerland (Photos) / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Info On Visiting Switzerland by iwatch: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Please this is just an inquiry because I lack almost zero knowledge about travelling abroad--It's not really my agenda to leave the country.

Well, I was speaking to my elder sister on phone when she said she would like to invite me over there for at least 1 month visit and that I should make inquiry about applying for visa.

I only have the Nigerian international passport and aside that I have no idea how to go about the rest.

Please what should I do. My sister left the country when I was still a kid, in the late 90s and barely knows how the system works down here. So how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance.
Re: I Need Info On Visiting Switzerland by Turco: 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
iwatch:
Hello Everyone,

Please this is just an inquiry because I lack almost zero knowledge about travelling abroad--It's not really my agenda to leave the country.

Well, I was speaking to my elder sister on phone when she said she would like to invite me over there for at least 1 month visit and that I should make inquiry about applying for visa.

I only have the Nigerian international passport and aside that I have no idea how to go about the rest.

Please what should I do. My sister left the country when I was still a kid, in the late 90s and barely knows how the system works down here. So how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance.

Dear iwatch,

It is nothing about what your sister knows or does not know how the system works down there. Procedure is all about Swiss Laws. Switzerland is a Schengen country and you need to apply for a Schengen visa unless you don't stay for more than 90 days. If your intention is staying for more than 90 days, then you should apply for Swiss National Visa. Procedure is well defined on the website of Embassy of Switzerland in Abuja.

This is the official page of Swiss Embassy in Abuja for what are the Schengen visa requirements. You should read carefully and collect asking documents;
https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/nigeria/en/home/visa/entry-ch/up-90-days/documents-schengen.html

So, if your sister is going to invite you, she must write an invitation letter for your name. On the page of frequently asked questions, it is well defined how your sister is going to write it. You should check question number 4 which name is for hosts in Switzerland; https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/themen/einreise/faq.html#4. Hôte en Suisse

I am neither a Swiss National nor a Visa expert but Swiss Embassy in Abuja's website is very well defines everything. Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: I Need Info On Visiting Switzerland by iwatch: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

Dear iwatch,

It is nothing about what your sister knows or does not know how the system works down there. Procedure is all about Swiss Laws. Switzerland is a Schengen country and you need to apply for a Schengen visa unless you don't stay for more than 90 days. If your intention is staying for more than 90 days, then you should apply for Swiss National Visa. Procedure is well defined on the website of Embassy of Switzerland in Abuja.

This is the official page of Swiss Embassy in Abuja for what are the Schengen visa requirements. You should read carefully and collect asking documents;
https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/nigeria/en/home/visa/entry-ch/up-90-days/documents-schengen.html

So, if your sister is going to invite you, she must write an invitation letter for your name. On the page of frequently asked questions, it is well defined how your sister is going to write it. You should check question number 4 which name is for hosts in Switzerland; https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/themen/einreise/faq.html#4. Hôte en Suisse

I am neither a Swiss National nor a Visa expert but Swiss Embassy in Abuja's website is very well defines everything. Good luck!
WOW... Thanks so much. I really appreciate your effort and time. I will surely have a look. God bless you.
Re: I Need Info On Visiting Switzerland by Turco: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
iwatch:
WOW... Thanks so much. I really appreciate your effort and time. I will surely have a look. God bless you.

You're welcome. I hope you'll get your visa and visit your sister.
Re: I Need Info On Visiting Switzerland by iwatch: 9:17am On Jul 17, 2016
Turco:

You're welcome. I hope you'll get your visa and visit your sister.
yeah bro. We haven't seen for more than 15 years

(1) (Reply)

Flying For The First Time / Canada Visa Fee Payment Issues / Arik Air Introduces Summer Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.