Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,113 members, 7,863,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

He Says His Having Too Much Feelings - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Says His Having Too Much Feelings (1690 Views)

I Am Not Happy With My Sexual Feelings. / How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by akym(m): 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
i will advise u read all d post in here and follow ur mind.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Yumi(f): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
TheSeeker:

I just made a speculation that it may be the reason for him stepping aside but that may not be what exactly transpired. How do you know for sure he doesn't want to be with her? I think it's too early to start judging his decision because it seems to me like it's what everyone is doing about this issue.

It's not all the time that a man is ready for a relationship and a man's readiness for a relationship depends on the kind of woman he's getting down with. For instance, if I want to get into a relationship with a girl and she's having emotional trauma as at then, do you expect me to be ready if I don't have the patience to handle her outbursts as a result of her trauma? Of course I won't be ready because I won't be patient enough to handle her, and I don't want to look like a bad man. Do you know if she's demonstrated acts that made him think he needs to work on some of his traits and behaviors? It's prejudice to say the guy was never interested in her or whatnot because if he does get with her, we'll be the first to criticize him that he started a relationship he wasn't ready for bla bla bla

Well if thats how he feels he should explain the whole situation not say half the story. If he really loves her he should be telling her that oh I am sorry I can't handle when this happens but lets try and see. I am not always the most patient person so you will have to help me sometimes when I misunderstand you.

The half story above doesn't say anything and we cannot read minds. You have to communicate everything or the other person will not understand what is going on. Since he has chosen not to communicate everything then it may be that the man is seeing someone else and just doesn't want to hurt her feelings so she should move on.

Usually when men do not say the whole story and are hiding something that means there is something really complicated behind it and complicated usually involves other women. smiley
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Khemmi(f): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
Wel,i wud say he led me on cos he kept comunicating n even when i wanted to stop,he begged me n said he was so fond of me.he got me a perfume of $74.everythng showed,bt he prolly found out dat his feelings were getting too strong.he said he wantd to be sure of himslf,dat he wasnt ready4a relatnshp.we were jst friends,but i saw d green light n he said he was interesd in me.maybe at dat time,he dint knw he wasnt ready,until his feelings bcame almost uncontrollable n den we ad to stop comunicating so he cud let it die.i knw am wat he wants,bt gues d timing is nt right.he mite av other reasons,though,i cant read his mind and i really dnt want to try,cos av moved on,there's always a beta person.thanks
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by topup: 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
TheSeeker:

On another note, he may have found out he can't meet up with her requirements hence, the need for him to work on his personality and be a better man and at the same time not wanting to ruin the personality he had already created. If you ask me, I'll tell you he did the best thing. Isn't it norm that you know more about someone before you fall in a relationship with them? He did, found out it couldn't work and did the best thing by telling her. It's as simple as that and I don't see any selfishness there.
You think that's what he was trying to do??  undecided Hmm, I dunno, it just seems too hollywood for me, 'figuring myself out', well the last time I heard that, it involved the guy going partying and having several one night stands because he was no longer 'leading me on and was now free to be free and be himself' lol. . Not saying this guy is going to do the same, but I think humans are pretty selfish in love, if we want something we go get it, and guys being predators are really good at this.

Me and my response seem likely feminist?? LOL, is that because I made some assumptions which work against the guy's favour?? I personally think that I made a few assumptions in that post, I did, I admit, I try not be too intense most of the time, but I think maybe this time I didn't have enough information to go on and it could have been too much. It was just the vibe I got from the poster, I recognise with how she is feeling.

It was the fact that they were both really getting along, probably flirting, and heading down the road for a relationship, and then now, out of nowhere he wants to stop everything - he's entitled to do so. I know a sensible and mature guy would think deeply before entering into any relationship however, I think this guy is simply doing a u-turn, he didn't think anything was wrong with the way they were acting with each other, until when it became obvious what she was expecting, who knows maybe he's just a flirt.
I think this guy is probably harmless, it's good that he at least warned her that he wasn't prepared to go further, so at least she has a choice to back out too. But intentionally or not, he led her on. .

Khemmi:

Wel,i wud say he led me on cos he kept comunicating n even when i wanted to stop,he begged me n said he was so fond of me.he got me a perfume of $74.everythng showed,bt he prolly found out dat his feelings were getting too strong.he said he wantd to be sure of himslf,dat he wasnt ready4a relatnshp.we were jst friends,but i saw d green light n he said he was interesd in me.maybe at dat time,he dint knw he wasnt ready,until his feelings bcame almost uncontrollable n den we ad to stop comunicating so he cud let it die. i knw am wat he wants,bt gues d timing is nt right.he mite av other reasons,though,i cant read his mind and i really dnt want to try,cos av moved on,there's always a beta person.thanks

Poster, I think the worst thing to do is to put all your hope into someone who is claiming to be confused, if you feel that you are ready to follow this challenge, that's fine, even though you are selling yourself short since you know what you want, but it all depends on how much you like him. I think he's definitely having doubts about entering a relationship with you right now or sometime soon in the future.

Seeker, if I turned out to be right, would you say that my senses were correct, or would you still say that I was being feminist. .
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by TheSeeker(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2009
[Quote author=topup]Me and my response seem likely feminist?? LOL, is that because I made some assumptions which work against the guy's favour?? I personally think that I made a few assumptions in that post, I did, I admit, I try not be too intense most of the time, but I think maybe this time I didn't have enough information to go on and it could have been too much. It was just the vibe I got from the poster, I recognise with how she is feeling.

It was the fact that they were both really getting along, probably flirting, and heading down the road for a relationship, and then now, out of nowhere he wants to stop everything - he's entitled to do so. I know a sensible and mature guy would think deeply before entering into any relationship however, I think this guy is simply doing a u-turn, he didn't think anything was wrong with the way they were acting with each other, until when it became obvious what she was expecting, who knows maybe he's just a flirt.
I think this guy is probably harmless, it's good that he at least warned her that he wasn't prepared to go further, so at least she has a choice to back out too. But intentionally or not, he led her on. .[/Quote]

Sorry if I misunderstood your stand but don't you think your first response to the post was one-sided in favor of the girl when actually the guy was upfront with her? I think it's biased, maybe a little bit, and that's why I said you sounded like a feminist right there (that's uncommon with you).

I recognize with the guy from experience as well. There was this girl I was having friendship with. She was very nice, a very intelligent woman any man would be proud to have. At the outset, the feeling was mutual that we would end up being in a relationship. I was looking forward to that, so was she. Somewhere along the line, I saw a few things about her that I couldn't cope with. It stood as at then and still does now that I don't and won't change a woman to my kind of woman. She definitely has to be my kind of woman already or at least somewhat close. Then, these things that ruled her out of my kind of woman were stuffs I didn't know how she'd feel about them. It took me some time before I could tell her but I eventually did. This guy may not have had the courage to tell her (if that was the case), but also, I understand what you mean exactly.

Looking at it closely, don't you think the guy could have slept with her if all he wanted to leave her for another girl in that process? He doesn't sound like a user to me or he'd have slept with her and made her feel worse than she already does now. What I see here is she has looked forward too much for the relationship to happen and now she's disappointed it's didn't work out; she likes him, that's for sure, but the guy doesn't sound ready to me and he's honest about it. There are issues laying somewhere around there and that's where his decision had revolved around. I agree too that he may have led her on but unintentionally is what I choose to go with.

[Quote author=topup]Seeker, if I turned out to be right, would you say that my senses were correct, or would you still say that I was being feminist. .[/Quote]

LOL!! Your senses have always been correct, but I disagree that you're right on this one grin
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by ebila(m): 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2009
@khemi,
Truth is u shud be grateful he decided to stay away cos obviously u also have feelings for dis guy n if he had stayed finkin' u pple won't do nofin,u'll just be deceivin' urselves.Feelins ca cause so many fins,trust me dat much i know.Just let fins be d way they r now n they'll work themselves out.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Khemmi(f): 7:04am On Sep 15, 2009
@seeker,he led me on INTENTIONALLY.there were times he asked if the feeling was mutual,when i said no,he was deeply hurt.what u av to undastand is dat he didnt hide his feelings,he told me he had them,bt didnt ask me out directly.so it was intentional.gues it was getting too serious and he realized he wasnt ready.it wasnt very easy for him to stop comunicating,bt he probably had to.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by TheSeeker(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2009
Khemmi:

@seeker,he led me on INTENTIONALLY.there were times he asked if the feeling was mutual,when i said no,he was deeply hurt.what u av to undastand is dat he didnt hide his feelings,he told me he had them,bt didnt ask me out directly.so it was intentional.gues it was getting too serious and he realized he wasnt ready.it wasnt very easy for him to stop comunicating,bt he probably had to.
He had feelings but didn't lead you on. He didn't ask you out. And what's he didn't ask you out directly? What does that mean? He either asked you out or he didn't. I don't see any intent to lead you on here. I know you like him, and I have a feeling he likes/liked you, but you need to understand he isn't ready for a relationship.

You also said he was hurt when you said the feeling wasn't mutual, how do you know? Did he tell you he was hurt? How did he ask you out 'indirectly'? What can you infer from the way he likes/liked you? Did you both talk about dating each other at a point in time? Did he specify he was coming to that stage where he'll fall in love and start a relationship with you? How long were you talking for? I saw in one of your earlier posts saying that you know you were his kind of woman? How do you know this? If he told you, what were the things he told you makes you his kind of woman? If he did tell you, can you trace these things up to your traits and find them in your characters?
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Khemmi(f): 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2009
@seeker,hw can u be sure,if ur nt him.i was d one in d picture,so i knw exactly wat went on.am no kid,so i shuld knw when a guy likes me and if it shows.we were really close.it was obvious he had feelings 4me,i didnt need him2 say it,though he did indirectly.ur a guy,so u shld knw these things.wen do u tel a gal u cherish her n dat u wud neva want her hurt or unhappy,wen does a gal bcom d first person u talk2in d mornin,n last at nite.wen does she bcom sumone u jst cal cos u wantd2hear her voice,wen do u tel a gal u want2 cum spend d weekend wit her,wen do u ask her out on a dinner date,whr ur suposd2 be d cook,y wud u be hurt,show it n say it whn she says ur feelings r not returned?y wud u want2speak2her every nw n den?y wud u tel ur ex abt her,y wud almost evryone u work wit knw d gal ur always on d phone wit?y wud u wish2stroke her hair n paint her nails.y wud u care if she had her manicure n pedicure on,wat haistyl she ad on,n wat clothes she as on?y wud u say a prayer4 her weneva u said one 4 urself?, y wud u feel insecure wheneva she's on a date?, y wud d woman u want2spend d rest of ur life wit be pretty,intelgent,enterprising,homely, ?
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by Yumi(f): 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2009
Khemmi:

@seeker,hw can u be sure,if your nt him.i was d one in d picture,so i knw exactly wat went on.am no kid,so i shuld knw when a guy likes me and if it shows.we were really close.it was obvious he had feelings 4me,i didnt need him2 say it,though he did indirectly.your a guy,so u shld knw these things.wen do u tel a gal u cherish her n dat u wud neva want her hurt or unhappy,wen does a gal bcom d first person u talk2in d mornin,n last at nite.wen does she bcom sumone u jst cal cos u wantd2hear her voice,wen do u tel a gal u want2 cum spend d weekend wit her,wen do u ask her out on a dinner date,whr your suposd2 be d cook,y wud u be hurt,show it n say it whn she says your feelings r not returned?y wud u want2speak2her every nw n den?y wud u tel your ex abt her,y wud almost evryone u work wit knw d gal your always on d phone wit?y wud u wish2stroke her hair n paint her nails.y wud u care if she had her manicure n pedicure on,wat haistyl she ad on,n wat clothes she as on?y wud u say a prayer4 her weneva u said one 4 urself?, y wud u feel insecure wheneva she's on a date?, y wud d woman u want2spend d rest of your life wit be pretty,intelgent,enterprising,homely, ?

Your right dear he led you on. He was acting like you and him were soul mates. Always communicating with you and you him thats what you do if you really like someone. You like to be close to the person and for them to feel your presence. Rather than talk to twenty people you hardly even know you focus on that one person more and have a deeper connection with them if they mean something to you.
Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by topup: 2:07am On Sep 16, 2009
TheSeeker:

I recognize with the guy from experience as well. There was this girl I was having friendship with. She was very nice, a very intelligent woman any man would be proud to have. At the outset, the feeling was mutual that we would end up being in a relationship. I was looking forward to that, so was she. Somewhere along the line, I saw a few things about her that I couldn't cope with. It stood as at then and still does now that I don't and won't change a woman to my kind of woman. She definitely has to be my kind of woman already or at least somewhat close. Then, these things that ruled her out of my kind of woman were stuffs I didn't know how she'd feel about them. It took me some time before I could tell her but I eventually did. This guy may not have had the courage to tell her (if that was the case), but also, I understand what you mean exactly.

I think I might be being harsh on the guy, and you may be giving him too much credit, careful before you assume that he's as good as you. After all you never know a person's intentions. I don't think it's his fault he lost interest in her, but being adults we have to be careful when we decide to participate in the game of love. Also as an adult we are aware when someone's interested in us, especially when you spend a lot of time with them, maybe flirting or 'communicating' with them. I will not blame anyone for deciding that they dislike what they've seen in a person, and they have decided not to pursue that person anymore, but come on now, we can't pretend that we don't expect to disappoint the other person. What I am trying to say is that, we know the consequences for our actions, even in a friendship, imagine having a best friend who tells you all their secrets, and vice versa, and you are very close, and trust each other, however, something happens to you in your life, and from that point, you suddenly stop calling your friend and stop telling them anything about your life. Do you think the other friend has any right to feel betrayed or led on?

Yes? Well it's like that, it might be a genuine reason, but he can't lie that he led her on, equally the girl you liked, would have been shocked if you decided to stop calling her and showing her attention altogether.

Yes the guy didn't actually do something but sometimes it's what you don't do that makes the difference.

Looking at it closely, don't you think the guy could have slept with her if all he wanted to leave her for another girl in that process? He doesn't sound like a user to me or he'd have slept with her and made her feel worse than she already does now. What I see here is she has looked forward[b] too much [/b]for the relationship to happen and now she's disappointed it's didn't work out; she likes him, that's for sure, but the guy doesn't sound ready to me and he's honest about it. There are issues laying somewhere around there and that's where his decision had revolved around. I agree too that he may have led her on but unintentionally is what I choose to go with.

I don't think he is a user totally either, but there are signs of a little bit of selfishness, but we are all humans, we have to be selfish at times otherwise we may never get what we truly want. He wanted out.

Re: He Says His Having Too Much Feelings by TOPE20001(f): 2:09am On Sep 16, 2009
Khemmi:

There's dis guy,we got really close n feelings started developing.we were both nt seein anyone.n den all of a sudden,he stopped comunicatin an d wen i askd wat went wrong,he said he was having so much feelings n he wasnt ready 4 anoda reltnshp,cos we were getting really close n he cud foretell we were goin2 head in dt direction.we dnt talk anymore,he said he needed time to work on himslf.

Move on abeg wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Virgin's Agony / Why Do Black Women Alway? / A Small Cute Gift A Guy Can Buy His Girlfwend On Her Birthday <ADVICE NEEDED>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.