Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? (37062 Views)

Oshiomhole To Take On Tinubu So You Can Understand Whose Poodle Your Edo Gov Is / When Is Tinubu Going To Be Probed? Check Out His Oriental Hotel: / Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by refreshrate: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
anigbajumo:

Without any argument, Tinubu is the greatest political strategist of the past 3 decades....

Fought Abacha........

Fought Obj,It is on record that Obj used his trick to captured some state in southwest that belong to AD even thou Tinubu warned the likes of (Lam Adeshina(Oyo state),Adefariti (ondo state),Oshoba (Ogun state),Bisi Akande (osun state) nd omo Adebayo (Ekiti state) but dnt listen to Tinubu until they see themselves unclad (OBJ won all the states for PDP) except Lagos state).

What happened after some years, Tinubu proved his class by recapture south-west via ACN......Obj greatest nightmare..

fought GEJ (present decade).He can never forget the living Legend despite given out millions of Naira to some Paramount rulers in Yoruba land,jagaban set the machinery in motion nd won it for APC.

Jagaban is not only smart nd intelligent but he is a worthy mentor,Legend, Icon nd political genius.

Calm down oga
You're getting too excited and gaddem it's been forever since I saw this much backside kissing I'm tempted to send you a truckload of tissue paper.

Case in point.
Did he single handedly put only his vote to do these "miracles" of yours listed?

You should read this to get an understanding of the dynamics

[quote author=oweman post=47595316][/quote]

Pls calm down with the a55 kissing its appalling.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Deen77: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
Izonpikin:
they fail to understandthat their gullibility made tinubu who he is...and then they come back online to praise him...meanwhile the tinubu would be laughing them for their gullibility...

Shame on us nigerian youths...I only envy leaders who are ready to die for the masses...others can go to hell for all I care... angry

Die for the masses?, thank you. Tinubu is not God so he can't know tomorrow that is my respect for him. He stand up to IBB and Abacha of which many lost their lives.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by MasterJayJay: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
Deen77:

Is not, then is you.
Please tell me any ibo man compared to Tinubu today.

1) Against IBB on June 12.
2) Against Abacha NADECO.
3) Against OBJ,
4) Against Jonathan.
5) Buhari try 4 times unsuccessfully until Tinubu.
6) Controlling Lagos for 17 years with 30% Nigeria economy.
7) Single handedly form a political party.
cool Removing a ruling president.
9) Removing a ruling party PDP.
10) Installed two governor in Lagos.
11) The only relevant past Governor in 1999/2007, 16 years ago.

12) The only relevant politicians from 92 as a senator till date 2016 that's 25 year's. Minus 25 years from Dino age, where is Dino then.

Nobody is perfect, Tinubu you have made your Mark you are human too.

I don't worship politicians, so keep your tribal rants in your cupboard.

He's only 'powerful' because of the high number of gullible supporters he got.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Charly68: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
Sincerely the man is a political mathematician who knows how to identify good technocrats & turned them to his political disciples . He has eagle eyes for identification of people that are brain & brawn . Honestly I like the man for his visionary leadership. He has his roadmap to 2019 and beyond already, forget all these bunch of shallow thinking noise making senators . To fight Jagaban,your brain must be very superlative in every sense & you must be a big time political investor. He can spend his hard earned money on a worthy venture.. He is a leader with a medal torch & with all respect he is an incurable optimist, a dogged fighter & a consistent progressivist .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Deen77: 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
nicedas:
I am full apc brand supporter, but, i will disown dino the day he apologises to that ashawo, kogites are not cowards.

She is asewo like your mother and sisters.

Dino, beat up his wife.
Dino, fight in d house of representatives against the speaker Eteh did the same against Speaker Dimaji.
Threatened to kill any senators that testify in court against Saraki.

We are waiting to see the end, please be patient. He who laugh last laugh best.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Huasamafia1: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
Tinubu was powerful. Bubu don fall him hand. Saraki don reduce him level,Ekweremadu don f..k him style abroad n finally Dino don want to snatch his darling wife n turn her to sex slave
ndidibabe:
I understand he was once a Senator of the FRN and a former Governor of Lagos State. However, he isn't the only one to have occupied such positions.

Jonathan was a Governor and also a president. Yet, i don't think that he is as powerful as Tinubu. Since Johnathan left office, he rarely makes the news headline.

Ahmed Tinubu controls today's senate despite not holding any political office. This is evident by the way he unsettles the Senate President and his Vice(na Melaye say na him dey on top of their matter o).

Anyone knows the reason behind Tinubu's power?
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by wellmax(m): 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
nicedas:
I am full apc brand supporter, but, i will disown dino the day he apologises to that ashawo, kogites are not cowards.

So you are from Kogi, no wonder, you just confirmed the touts tag.
Why call a woman prostitutes because your tout senator had a quarrel with her.
I know Kogi well, from Okene to Lokojo, all touts.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by abimic(m): 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Infact, no politician since the inception of the fourth Republic equals tinubu in political astuteness, from being a single opposition governor to becoming relevant in a geo political zone and going federal, no one, i mean no one playing opposition politics in Nigeria since 1999 has achieved that, hence, tinubu would never be forgotten in the history of opposition politics and would influence Nigeria political landscape For a long time. The likes of Dino need respect him because tinubu always outshine everybody in politics with his calculations, infact, tinubu's relevance would still outshine buhari in some years to come. Tinubu's relevance in politics is top notch, despite we all know he's corrupt, they couldn't nail him with all the federal might, even GEJ sought his good face! Abeg, he's too influential among his people and one dare not look him in the eyes if he's to live long politically, just like Obasanjo.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by expressglory: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
1.HE IS THE MAN BEHIND THE FALL OF PDP
2.HE IS THE BRAIN BEHIND THE EXIT OF GEJ
3.HE SET THE PACE FOR LAGOS DEVELOPMENT
4.HE SUCCESSFULLY BROUGHT SOUTH-WEST INTO ALLIANCE WITH THE NORTH:PROJECT THAT EVEN AWOLOWO COULD NOT ACHIEVED
5.HE IS A GOOD LEADER:HE INSTALLED A PERFORMING SUCCESSOR
6.HE IS GENEROUS
7.HE IS FOCUSED...NEVER BETRAYED THE CAUSE OF THE PROGRESSIVES

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by anigbajumo(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
refreshrate:

Calm down oga
You're getting too excited and gaddem it's been forever since I saw this much backside kissing I'm tempted to send you a truckload of tissue paper.

Case in point.
Did he single handedly put only his vote to do these "miracles" of yours listed?

You should read this to get an understanding of the dynamics

Pls calm down with the a55 kissing its appalling.

Unfortunately u don't av a valid reason to counter the fact here.For every group,there must be a leader to set path for other people to follow.... .jagaban is a Leader.

Oga,forget hatred nd stop beating around the bush.Ask United state Lawmakers that visit the living Legend after 2015 general election.... Jagaban of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Easyruns: 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
I wonder why people are singing is praise...They are one of the Nigerian big men who practice the occultism which have destroyed this nation........
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by masseratti: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
PureWays:
He's a smart man and he's been in the game for long.
To me, the smartest move he made was not to contest for any major Position in recent years rather he operates from beneath the Spotlight to put who ever he wants on Page hence making him more relevant than his Peers. He's like a Political Coach...

Though I think he's a corrupt man but to be sincere, he's too smart to be caught. I respect his astuteness.
you are wrong, he actually tried to be vice president to buhari, thats why he is less powerful now, if he didn't do that his influence in the party would have being greater.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Sampunk(m): 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I don't think he is powerful is just that Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani tend to be very demure and respectful to someone in their societies who has risen above board notwithstanding if he or she is right or wrong...they will be loyal to that person. The cultural reverence that come with the throne of Obas, Onis and Emirs also makes it easier for them to control the people. With Igbos...it's impossible as they are not used to having powerful people! Igbo society is naturally and culturally an egalitarian society....everyone is equal! Have you heard of a powerful Igbo man before? Lol. The only way you will be powerful to Igbos is if you are fighting for their freedom...as in Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu, then you are talking otherwise you are just an ordinary person no matter your wealth and political clout.
Proudly igbo

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Deen77: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
anigbajumo:

Without any argument, Tinubu is the greatest political strategist of the past 3 decades....

Fought Abacha........

Fought Obj,It is on record that Obj used his trick to captured some state in southwest that belong to AD even thou Tinubu warned the likes of (Lam Adeshina(Oyo state),Adefariti (ondo state),Oshoba (Ogun state),Bisi Akande (osun state) nd omo Adebayo (Ekiti state) but dnt listen to Tinubu until they see themselves unclad (OBJ won all the states for PDP) except Lagos state.

What happened after some years, Tinubu proved his class by recapture south-west via ACN......Obj greatest nightmare..

fought GEJ (present decade).He can never forget the living Legend despite given out millions of Naira to some Paramount rulers in Yoruba land,jagaban set the machinery in motion nd won it for APC.

Jagaban is not only smart nd intelligent but he is a worthy mentor,Legend, Icon nd political genius.

Why do you start from Abacha? Is part of the Senator's that pass vote of no confidence against IBB that force him to step aside in 1992. A member of SDP that support MKO in one of the best election in Nigeria history.

They can't forgive Tinubu for removing Jonathan forgetting he supports Jonathan 2011.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Deen77: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
Sampunk:

Proudly igbo

Welcome back home, see below map of igbo in 1903.

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by anigbajumo(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
Deen77:

Why do you start from Abacha? Is part of the Senator's that pass vote of no confidence against IBB that force him to step aside in 1992. A member of SDP that support MKO in one of the best election in Nigeria history.

They can't forgive Tinubu for removing Jonathan forgetting he supports Jonathan 2011.

Lemme modify
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by tonguengineer(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
Jaymaxxy:
Firstly, he was the only southwest governor that survived the "umbrella revolution" of 2003. Others like Bisi Akande, Lam Adesina, Segun Osoba, couldn't secure a second term nod. So being the only AD governor then made him so popular.

Furthermore, as at the time when people think Jagaban would bow for Obasanjo's pressure, he held his ground and he was steadfast with his progressive ideology.

Not that alone, Tinubu was able to nurture and finance AD (which later turned AC and then ACN) for a one state party in 2003 to a party that controls 6 states and then forming a formidable opposition against the then ruling party in 2011.

While spreading his political tentacles, I think a major factor that has been helping him is the fact that he will never support mediocrity at the expense of merit. He has the best brains as far as politics of naija is concerned. Fashola, Fayemi, Amobode, Muiz Banire, Abiola Ajimobi, Fowler, Abike Dabiri, Femi Gbajabiamila, Aregbesola, Jide Omoworare, Ibikunle Amosun etc. The list is just endless. I think Asiwaju is not just developing himself, he is grooming other young boys. This will make him so relevant for long.

When I saw raufool aregbesola on ur list of best brain then I can only make one conclusion that u re a mediocre too

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by olaniyi0(m): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
Babatundecash:
It's thesame Lagos your Ipad brothers come to hawk gala,Eggroll,tablewater along all the express way to meet their daily needs....I know you must be speaking from a village in Ebonyi where u climb hills to make phone calls.
FINISH HIM!
BABAUNDE WINS!!
FATALITY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by armadeo(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
take a good look at this pic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by AmuDimpka: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
Due to the herd mentality and inability to think out of box....and coupled with stomach infrastructure in the south west .they made a single man a some determinant of their destiny

Tinubu isn't powerful in Nigeria but only in south west

That's my take

Even in south west ekiti is an exception

Hope the question has been answered

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Etogist: 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I don't think he is powerful is just that Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani tend to be very demure and respectful to someone in their societies who has risen above board notwithstanding if he or she is right or wrong...they will be loyal to that person. The cultural reverence that come with the throne of Obas, Onis and Emirs also makes it easier for them to control the people. With Igbos...it's impossible as they are not used to having powerful people! Igbo society is naturally and culturally an egalitarian society....everyone is equal! Have you heard of a powerful Igbo man before? Lol. The only way you will be powerful to Igbos is if you are fighting for their freedom...as in Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu, then you are talking otherwise you are just an ordinary person no matter your wealth and political clout.

You said my mind. Tinubu is nobody in Igbo land.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by AmuDimpka: 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
Jaymaxxy:
Firstly, he was the only southwest governor that survived the "umbrella revolution" of 2003. Others like Bisi Akande, Lam Adesina, Segun Osoba, couldn't secure a second term nod. So being the only AD governor then made him so popular.

Furthermore, as at the time when people think Jagaban would bow for Obasanjo's pressure, he held his ground and he was steadfast with his progressive ideology.

Not that alone, Tinubu was able to nurture and finance AD (which later turned AC and then ACN) for a one state party in 2003 to a party that controls 6 states and then forming a formidable opposition against the then ruling party in 2011.

While spreading his political tentacles, I think a major factor that has been helping him is the fact that he will never support mediocrity at the expense of merit. He has the best brains as far as politics of naija is concerned. Fashola, Fayemi, Amobode, Muiz Banire, Abiola Ajimobi, Fowler, Abike Dabiri, Femi Gbajabiamila, Aregbesola, Jide Omoworare, Ibikunle Amosun etc. The list is just endless. I think Asiwaju is not just developing himself, he is grooming other young boys. This will make him so relevant for long.

Pls define mediocrity

Is it the oyo economy in tatters
Or is it the osun economy that has met the Waterloo
Or is it the building of website with more than 700,000,000 naira
Or is it the aregberascal that is there

Pls can somebody define mediocrity forme here

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Jaymaxxy(m): 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
Judolisco:
Jonathan is powerful than tinubu obasanjo played a very big role in Jonathan's loss in d previous election abeg leave tinubu power to Lagos and ogun nt d whole of Nigeria

So Obasanjo did not play any role in GE'sa victory abi? The truth is that Obasanjo withdrew his support for GEJ and everything went crazy for him.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by onatisi(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
efreaky:

You're right but that's just 30% of the picture. Few years ago I used to think this way too but to sustain these political empires it goes deeper than food and token amounts. If you want to win an election, it will work but if you want to build an army of loyalists, it takes more than this. If you disagree with me, I will give you examples, mostly what I witnessed with my own eyes.
Pls boss kindly enlighten me more ,I love to learn

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by vislabraye(m): 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
He took all the lands in Lagos State. The land for Lagos Poly is what he ussd. Eti Osa LG is now Tinubu's property. All the taxes in Lagos state goes to his pocket with the aid of his stooge governor. And yet people hail him . How can we allow one man to suppress us ?
It's an indictment on his foolish followers who give him so much power.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by biggie73(m): 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
JAMB Question. (100%)
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by saintandsinnerz: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
Babatundecash:
It's thesame Lagos your Ipad brothers come to hawk gala,Eggroll,tablewater along all the express way to meet their daily needs....I know you must be speaking from a village in Ebonyi where u climb hills to make phone calls.
And are you mocking a man who is trying to earn an honest living? What's wrong in hawking gala and egg rolls? Are the sellers nt providing services to people who need it? What are you doing for the society? Are you idle? Are you still a dependent? If you're thn you don't have the right to mock a man trying to earn a decent living. By the way, don't try to use the gala sellers to mock the Igbos because both of us know they have thriving businesses in Lagos and all over Nigeria
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
When you talking about Tinubu, You talking about the smartest politician Nigerian ever known since the 4th republic.

Let me see if I made a mistake spelling that adjective "smartest", No! So, He's the SMARTEST, no debate.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Izonpikin: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
Deen77:

Die for the masses?, thank you. Tinubu is not God so he can't know tomorrow that is my respect for him. He stand up to IBB and Abacha of which many lost their lives.
I don't respect any of our leaders...They have all amassed wealth at the expense of gullible and suffering nigerians. ...wash the soap off your eyes...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by wellmax(m): 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
Easyruns:
I wonder why people are singing is praise...They are one of the Nigerian big men who practice the occultism which have destroyed this nation........

Tell us more. Maybe you be ex cultist.

The way you people just make accusations without a single fact is appalling.
Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by izzou(m): 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
Refreshrate, i dont understand why people are derailing this thread

WHY IS TINUBU SO POWERFUL no suppose concern dino, gej, ipob, and all the nonsense here

Back to the matter, i think its because he is clever. He knows when to lose so as to win. He doesnt easily give up. He didnt try to join them simply because he couldnt beat them. He is the reason why some influential governors and senators have a seat and as the saying concludes, HE DICTATES THE TUNE

Am igbo sha, i hate tinubu but i still see some values in him that should be emulated

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? by Izonpikin: 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
Deen77:

I pity you Ibo, can you all move from Alaba international, Trade fair, Lagos Island, Ibadan, Kano, ilorin even many villages and towns back to your small biafra land.

Business is population and an advantage, ask China. Who are you going to market your business with, let join hand and move Nigeria forward. Our problems is bas leadership.

See 1903 Ibo Map.
I am an ijaw man..I don't give a shittt about Tinubu. ..He owes the Niger delta nothing neither does he control the region...He can go to blazes for all I care....He is no different from every other corrupt leader who has preyed on gullible black nigerians to make money...

Quit this Tinubu worship...It has not helped Nigeria. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits Prince Charles In Scotland (Photos) / Kano Youths Burn Gaya And Muhmud's Houses During Protest (Photos) / Sunday Igboho May Be Paraded Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.