Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,902 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (25494 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / Natural Hair Makes A Comeback - 'steals Show' In Paris / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 03, 2009
This kinda topix again?

ugh. Did women who wear weaves confess that they looK ugly before?
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:48am On Oct 03, 2009
lmao!! like i said, my hair doesnt come out looking straight when im done with it.
its pretty thick and still looks like kinky black girl hair as a result.
and i love it.
but anywho. . .

oh please!! those same women who never seem to take off the weave sewed to their heads, the ones who duck and hide with a head scarf when their heads arent "done."
the same women that you never see their real hair.
so of what use is it? protecting from what? you might as well shave it off! lol

i just dont agree with you, SIMPLE AS THAT!
just stop looking for ways to justify that Indian hair sitting on your head.
if you like your weaves, fine!
ENJOY!   tongue
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:53am On Oct 03, 2009
THE AMAKA:

l
oh please!! those same women who never seem to take off the weave sewed to their heads, the ones who duck and hide with a head scarf when their heads arent "done."
the same women that you never see their real hair.
so of what use is it? protecting from what? you might as well shave it off! lol

Just because you live in the ghetto doesnt mean everyone acts like this

Quit being childish.

Alagolo, didnt your friend say outtie?
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 1:56am On Oct 03, 2009
Ejo ejo ejo o, igba wo le ni oru ore ye?

I'm even surprised that you're still posting.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by mamagee6(f): 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
stillwater:

Look at these ugly girls with their fake hair. shocked

Does she look ugly in your blind eyes? angry
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by mohawkchic(f): 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2009
,mama-gee:

Does she look ugly in your blind eyes? angry

[size=13pt]~I wud have thought you'd recognise Sarcasm/Irony when you read one?[/size]
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by throttler(f): 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt][font=Monotype Corsiva]~I wud have thought you'd recognise [b]Sarcasm/Irony when you read one?[/[/b]font][/size]

really exasperating when humor gets lost cry. she obviously hadnt been following the line of argument.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by finemocha(f): 4:36am On Oct 29, 2009
buhahahahahaha

@ poster u said , clean it perm it grease it and hang it loose. that is y some of us wear fake hair. its only a 2 step process as opposed to 4 step.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by finemocha(f): 4:38am On Oct 29, 2009
@mamgee

lololol abeg what pack of hair did stephanie use let me go and buy and put on my head, was it Remi, equal, freetress or batik.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by paddylo1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
i dont mind nigerian girls with extensions,as long as its neat and they rock their natural look once iin a while,or at least rotate it,braids,extension,natural permed

its cool,variety is spice of life

1 Like

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by platinumnk(f): 11:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
paddy_lo:

i dont mind nigerian girls with extensions,as long as its neat and they rock their natural look once iin a while,or at least rotate it,braids,extension,natural permed

its cool,variety is spice of life

Exactly!!! What is it with the weave bashing?
I seen women wear their real hair, and I feel like running to go buy them a pack to braid their hair up.

As long as it neat and clean, I dont care smiley
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
If I buy it, its mine
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 12, 2009
Abeg leave us with our weaves. . . .

Go and bother dem with lacefronts. . . . lol

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 12, 2009
Infact, I don dey go make my hair natural this december. . . .

cutting off the permed part. . . .imma cry.

Will still have lots of hair, but. . . . .
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chiogo(f): 4:15am On Dec 30, 2009
Hmm. Weave wahala.

I'm about to create my own thread on this issue. grin grin
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by oyinda3(f): 4:20am On Dec 30, 2009
create it pls. u wear weaves?

i wore weave once in my life a few yrs ago and the itch was unbearable i couldn't keep it for a week. lol
but it looked oh so nice.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by HIO4: 4:22am On Dec 30, 2009
Eya
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chiogo(f): 4:23am On Dec 30, 2009
oyinda.:

create it pls. u wear weaves?

i wore weave once in my life a few yrs ago and the itch was unbearable i couldn't keep it for a week. lol
but it looked oh so nice.
Nope, my sis and I were just having a discussion about it.

I have no problem with it though but idk. . . too many thoughts and the way Black women are perceived because of weave-wearing.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by oyinda3(f): 4:30am On Dec 30, 2009
it's just a stereotype. i'm sure we will still be picked on no matter how we wear our hair. weaves or not.
but i wish less ppl wore weaves though.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chiogo(f): 4:32am On Dec 30, 2009
LOL so you're natural huh? You try sha, can't do that oo.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 30, 2009
Then again there's weave kiss and then there's WEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAVVVVE!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by oyinda3(f): 4:47am On Dec 30, 2009
^ u talking about the ghetto kind versus the celebrity kind?
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 30, 2009
Definitely, definitely cheesy
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chiogo(f): 4:52am On Dec 30, 2009
LOL how many people have the money for celebrity weave? All na weave grin
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by oyinda3(f): 5:00am On Dec 30, 2009
ibkaye:

Definitely, definitely cheesy

sometimes i don't get u i swear lol

@ chiogo, yea i think weave is weave as well. lol

but some styles are just too shocked shocked shocked with the rainbow colors n stuff. if that's what ibk meant? i dunno what she meant. lol
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chiogo(f): 5:03am On Dec 30, 2009
Yea, I think that's what she meant.

I see people wearing regular colors - brown or whatever and some other girl would call it tacky. So, I guess weave get level. But to me, they're all the same. grin
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 5:05am On Dec 30, 2009
oyinda.:

sometimes i don't get u i swear lol

@ chiogo, yea i think weave is weave as well. lol

but some styles are just too shocked shocked shocked with the rainbow colors n stuff. if that's what ibk meant? i dunno what she meant. lol
Lol exactly what I meant. Some weaves just make you want to rip the skin off your own face, honestly cheesy

It's not even about 'celebrity' weave, I've seen many people do weaves that looked very nice, some could even pass as their own hair, lovely smiley
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by oyinda3(f): 5:09am On Dec 30, 2009
yea i've definitely seen ones that u counldn't guess it was weave.
for some of the most unfortunate ones, I don't know how they get convinced by their stylist to walk out of their saloon with their head like that. lol
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chiogo(f): 5:12am On Dec 30, 2009
I think the tacky ones are done at home. Them things cost a lot when you go to the hair dresser's. Nobody would spend 100-150 bucks to come out that tacky! My AA friend back in high school always did hers at home with GLUE!!!

Never saw her real hair for once. undecided
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 30, 2009
One girl's weave actually waved at me once, I knew those things were alive cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chiogo(f): 5:22am On Dec 30, 2009
^LOLOLOL Ibk, ya crazy!!
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by mindeh(f): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2010
if wearing a weave makes me feel good about myself,i will definitely go on and have it.i dont give a s*** what everyone thimks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beauty Of Burkina Faso / Stunning! Toke Makinwa's Outfit To The Fayrouz L'original Show's Red Carpet / Earrings On Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.