Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter (76221 Views)

I Strongly Condemn The Killing Of Unarmed IPOB Members- Ben Murray-bruce / Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion / A New Revelation On The Bravery Of Brig. Ademulegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by specimenC: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ngozi123:

No, I meant that it was inevitable in the sense the Nigerian government was a weak one- it still is now to some extent. That, in addition to the government's corrupt tendencies, meant that it was vulnerable to a coup d'état. These young officers were 'fed up' with the government as they felt that they were not well equipped to run the country properly and they were right! One could say that their complete and utter disregard for their country's 'democratic' leadership was engendered from years of first hand experience with its corrupt leaders. I dare say that if Nzeogwu and co had succeeded then Nigeria would be much better off today. It's a harsh statement but it's true, unfortunately.

Like seriously?? A better country after killing top northern politicians and northern most senior officers. Maybe you meant to say a better country for igbos as they would be in control of everything, nigeria is no better now cos your folks are not in the realm of affairs?, talk about greed and playing victim mentality. after successfully killing every influential northerners including officers who ain't corrupt politicians as you like to justify and sugar coat the taking of innocent souls in your way, you expect every northerner to just forget and continue to chill with igbos abi. I see! Maybe when you create your own biafraland you can share this nonsense writeups amongst yourselves.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by specimenC: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ngozi123:

The coup was not unnecessary as the stranglehold that the British had in Nigeria was something that needed to be 'nipped in the bud' as soon as possible. 'A stitch in time saves nine', if ever there was a more fitting expression...

was post independence nigeria any better than the pre-independence. Or are u saying nigerians would have manage nigeria better than the colonist. 

So cause he's a british puppet. He's corrupt, you revisionist never cease to amaze. Tell us one anglophone african country without british influence or one which was better off without British influence as at then, just one. Accept, the coup was very unnecessary. Stop justifying bullshit and barbarism. How about the most senior northern officers killed. How do you explain that, or the fact that no single ibo soul was taken, or the fact that they the coup plotters went to chill in the east with the eastern premier after the coup failed.  Please explain to us.!!

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by specimenC: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
kingzizzy:

There has never been a coup in Nigeria that was necessary. However, what makes the first coup different from all others that followed was that Nzeogwu had no interest in siezing power for themselves

If he had no interest then explain his announcement on the radio of taking over the country. He never said he intend to handover to someone else, before you come here making claims for him...
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kingzizzy: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
specimenC:

If he had no interest then explain his announcement on the radio of taking over the country. He never said he intend to handover to someone else, before you come here making claims for him...

Of course he would have to announce that the military had taken over. But collaboarators in the coup and investigations conducted after has since shown that Nzeogwu and co wanted to take over the country and make Awolowo president. Besides, there was no way Nzeogwu could have been president because he was just a major and had too many people senior to him in the armed forces.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by specimenC: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
kingzizzy:

Of course he would have to announce that the military had taken over. But collaboarators in the coup and investigations conducted after has since shown that Nzeogwu and co wanted to take over the country and make Awolowo president. Besides, there was no way Nzeogwu could have been president because he was just a major and had too many people senior to him in the armed forces.

And one wonder why no attempt to break awo out of prison was made during the cause of the coup, not even aguyi ironsi who is igbo made such move. It's very simple, he nzeogwu (an igbo) took over the government and handed over to ironsi (another igbo). Leave matteer for Mathias,saying they want to make awo PM was just a move to deceive the insignificant yorubas to join the coup. A high level of secrecy was needed to carry out their igbo agenda, if not all igbo ploters would have blown their cover from the very begining.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by ilovetheline: 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
logicab:
Oh, so it's only your family members you feel empathy for? No wonder!
clearly you are not Igbo. my bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / Governor Akeredolu And Ayodele Adigun In 1976 Vs 2020 (Photos) / Photos: President Jonathan Smiling After Buhari Was Declared Winner Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.