Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter (76172 Views)

I Strongly Condemn The Killing Of Unarmed IPOB Members- Ben Murray-bruce / Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion / A New Revelation On The Bravery Of Brig. Ademulegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2016
Malawian:
Yorubas are seriously beating their meat here only because a girl went from eating corn flakes to drinking the pap every other average Nigerians drank, abi? That this cornflakes drinking fella tells us a sobbing story to humanize her dad does not preclude him from being the bad corrupt egg that needed to be crushed. Ejoor o. Igbo warriors can get involved in the mudslinging going on here.

You conveniently left out the part where she said some of the killers were regular visitors in her house where her mother would prepare food for them.
This is not a sob story all but a true eyewitness account of treachry.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
logicab:
Inevitable? I agree. Some people were definitely going to get greedy and make a power grab at the center. The fact that the power grab backfired is another matter.

No, I meant that it was inevitable in the sense the Nigerian government was a weak one- it still is now to some extent. That, in addition to the government's corrupt tendencies, meant that it was vulnerable to a coup d'état. These young officers were 'fed up' with the government as they felt that they were not well equipped to run the country properly and they were right! One could say that their complete and utter disregard for their country's 'democratic' leadership was engendered from years of first hand experience with its corrupt leaders. I dare say that if Nzeogwu and co had succeeded then Nigeria would be much better off today. It's a harsh statement but it's true, unfortunately.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
Ngozi123:

No, I meant that it was inevitable in the sense the Nigerian government was a weak one- it still is now to some extent. That, in addition to the government's corrupt tendencies, meant that it was vulnerable to a coup d'état. These young officers were 'fed up' with the government as they felt that they were not well equipped to run the country properly and they were right! One could say that their complete and utter disregard for their country's 'democratic' leadership was engendered from years of first hand experience with its corrupt leaders. I dare say that if Nzeogwu and co had succeeded then Nigeria would be much better off today. It's a harsh statement but it's true, unfortunately.
Are you being funny? Okafor (one of the coup plotters) had been charged and found guilty of corruption and if Maimalari (same man he was assigned to murder) had not stepped in, he would've lost his position. Meanwhile only ONE of the people he and his gang murdered (Okotie Eboh) was considered corrupt. I know it's futile arguing with you though; you have been programmed this way.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
Ngozi123:

It was just six years after independence. The coup was unnecessary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Malawian(m): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
Aigbofa:

You conveniently left out the part where she said some of the killers were regular visitors in her house where her mother would prepare food for them.
This is not a sob story all but a true eyewitness account of treachry.
Because her father stole most of the food meant for the troops and was instead cooking it at home and wasting most of it. Who cooks so much food that even troops will leave their barracks and come and have a fill in an ordinary politicians house. It is like burutai or dasuki daughter telling us this kind of story in the future. Her father stole money. They were drinking cornflakes while others were drinking corn meal. Thieves.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by hundredhunndred: 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Malawian:

When tinubu go drop chop money again nah? U for take style dey hail dino melaye, cos if him give mama menopause belle, you go go chop naming ceremony food.abeg go boudillion now make u help melaye open door to mama menopause bedroom. Ode

I can feed the whole Ekene family forever. You are just an hungry cafe attendant lookinh for attention, you better go do something meaningful with your life.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
Here is more for that one talking about corruption:

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/06/british-secret-files-on-nigerias-first-bloody-coup-path-to-biafra/7/

Funny people.

Why was Sir Tafawa Balewa (meaning Black Rock) so powerless an agent of change in the face of his colleagues’ corruption extremisms? Why wasn’t there enough of him to go around? In February 1964 for instance, the NCNC parliamentary leader and Minister of Trade Dr Ozumba Madiwe was caught using his office to divert a government land at Ijora Causeway to his private company Afro Properties and Investment Company since 1961. He then assigned the land lease to Nigerpool in return for a hefty annual profit. The discovery generated another media-exposed corruption scandal. Abubakar met privately with Babatunde Jose, the editor of the powerful Daily Times spearheading the intense campaign to remove the corruption extremist if he declined to resign. Mbadiwe never bothered. There were those who were attracted by the durability of rock. They wished to be massive and unmoveable. They wished not to change. Abubakar told the editor: “You want me to remove this man? What he did fell below what is proper. Under British standards, he would go, but the NCNC who put him in my original coalition are solidly for him. Its central working committee had just passed a unanimous vote of confidence in him. If they withdraw, since Awolowo can’t join, the [coalition] government will collapse.’ Hence, Abubakar made peace with being a little rock thrown to the bottom of a polluted river; the polluted waters washed over him all the time but never penetrated him. On 19 December 1965, he even attended the commissioning of the Mbadiwe’s Palace of People constructed with the proceeds of corrupt practices in the village of Arondizuogu. But on the night of the Revolution, it was Abubakar that Ifeajuna arrested and marched on to his eventual death while Mbadiwe kept on sleeping at home undisturbed by bedbugs. He lived happily ever after.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
Malawian:

Because her father stole most of the food meant for the troops and was instead cooking it at home and wasting most of it. Who cooks so much food that even troops will leave their barracks and come and have a fill in an ordinary politicians house. It is like burutai or dasuki daughter telling us this kind of story in the future. Her father stole money. They were drinking cornflakes while others were drinking corn meal. Thieves.

He wasn't a politican, he was a military officer like them. You need to know what you are talking about before sounding off.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Malawian(m): 9:48am On Jul 18, 2016
Aigbofa:

He wasn't a politican, he was a military officer like them. You need to know what you are talking about before sounding off.
Snake Charmer, 14k per day prison feeder and oga arms settler are/were all military officer. cool cool this cornflakes drinking fella needs to shut it.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Malawian(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2016
hundredhunndred:

I can feed the whole Ekene family forever. You are just an hungry cafe attendant lookinh for attention, you better go do something meaningful with your life.
nna guy, na the below you wan feed me? be nice. amala and gbegiri morning to night no be food.

just negodu below and and confirm the poison he made them come over to eat, after embezzling their feeding money and his cornflakes drinking daughter

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by hundredhunndred: 11:25am On Jul 18, 2016
Malawian:

nna guy, na the below you wan feed me? be nice. amala and gbegiri morning to night no be food.

just negodu below and and confirm the poison he made them come over to eat, after embezzling their feeding money and his cornflakes drinking daughter

Buhahaha Cafe attendant sef dey talk. We have seen you here many times and you are one suffer head. God knows i can feed your whole generation, be humble so we can help your pathetic life.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
logicab:

Are you being funny? Okafor (one of the coup plotters) had been charged and found guilty of corruption and if Maimalari (same man he was assigned to murder) had not stepped in, he would've lost his position. Meanwhile only ONE of the people he and his gang murdered (Okotie Eboh) was considered corrupt. I know it's futile arguing with you though; you have been programmed this way.

Just because they were the only ones who were 'found guilty' of corruption doesn't mean that they were the only ones who were corrupt. It was well known that Tafewa Balewa and many other leaders in chief positions were British puppets. This is partly what I meant by corruption- it has a rather broad definition. Did you really think that the British would hand over power so easily (it was relatively easy compared to other countries under imperialist rule) to Nigeria unless they had a contingency plan? I don't see why you've decided to take the condescending route when arguing with me. I also don't see why you think that I've been "programmed this way"; growing up in Britain, I was brought up in the British educational system so I learnt a lot about the British Empire and how Britain decided to 'rule' its colonies before and after their 'independences'. You seemed to have severely undermined the part of the British in the build up to this coup, which is rather strange seeing as Nigeria only gained independence six years before.

As for the bolded, you've just proved that Maimalari was a corrupt official, thanks for proving my point. Okafor was one out of how many coup plotters? How many of the intended victims were either directly or indirectly corrupt?

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
Aigbofa:

The coup was not unnecessary as the stranglehold that the British had in Nigeria was something that needed to be 'nipped in the bud' as soon as possible. 'A stitch in time saves nine', if ever there was a more fitting expression...

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kingzizzy: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
Aigbofa:

There has never been a coup in Nigeria that was necessary. However, what makes the first coup different from all others that followed was that Nzeogwu had no interest in siezing power for themselves
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

Just because they were the only ones who were 'found guilty' of corruption doesn't mean that they were the only ones who were corrupt. It was well known that Tafewa Balewa and many other leaders in chief positions were British puppets. This is what I mean by corruption- it has a rather broad definition. Did you really think that the British would hand over power so easily (it was relatively easy compared to other countries under imperialist rule) to Nigeria unless they had a contingency plan? I don't see why you've decided to take the condescending route when arguing with me. I also don't see why you think that I've been "programmed this way"; growing up in Britain, I was brought up in the British educational system so I learnt a lot about the British Empire and how Britain decided to 'rule' its colonies before and after their 'independences'. You seemed to have severely undermined the part of the British in the build up to this coup, which is rather strange seeing as Nigeria only gained independence six years before.
So, Britain instigated a corrupt Donatus Okafor and his gang to plan a "Revolution" to rid Nigeria of corrupt elements who happen to be British puppets? That's a bit convoluted don't you think?
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
logicab:
So, Britain instigated a corrupt Donatus Okafor and his gang to plan a "Revolution" to rid Nigeria of corrupt elements who happen to be British puppets? That's a bit convoluted don't you think?

I never said that anywhere in my post. The British were clearly on the side of the government that they helped install, why on earth would they support a group that tried to get rid of their 'puppets'? Many of the leaders at the time, especially Tafewa Balewa, were political puppets. I said that Nzeogwu and co wanted full control of their country's destiny and they wanted rid of these British puppets, many of whom were thieves who stole money from the national coffers. Essentially, they were tired of the 'old boys club' who were and still are in charge of the country. Now, I will admit that some of the victims were in fact innocent people but they were collateral damage, unfortunately. They all should have been wiped out- this is my only criticism of Nzeogwu and co. Let me ask you a question, seeing as the coup failed, why is it that Nigeria is in such turmoil today? Surely you can't blame something that, in the end, failed miserably?

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

many of whom were thieves who stole money from the national coffers.
Of course when I said you were programmed this way, you felt slighted. The truth is, you are merely regurgitating the tales you heard from your older ones.

Now provide me with the amounts of money stolen by the following:

Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
Sir Ahmadu Bello
Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola
Brig. S.A. Ademulegun (and his pregnant wife)
Major S.A. Adegoke
Lt. Col. J.Y. Pam
Brig. Zakari Maimalari
Col. Kur Mohammed
Lt. Col. Largema
S/Lt. James Odu
Col. S.A. Shodeinde
Lt. Col. A.G. Unegbe
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
logicab:
Of course when I said you were programmed this way, you felt slighted. The truth is, you are merely regurgitating the tales you heard from your older ones.

Now provide me with the amounts of money stolen by the following:

Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
Sir Ahmadu Bello
Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola
Brig. S.A. Ademulegun (and his pregnant wife)
Major S.A. Adegoke
Lt. Col. J.Y. Pam
Brig. Zakari Maimalari
Col. Kur Mohammed
Lt. Col. Largema
S/Lt. James Odu
Col. S.A. Shodeinde
Lt. Col. A.G. Unegbe

Why do you keep avoiding my question? Answer it first before I answer yours.

Edit: I haven't been told anything by my elders btw.

The bolded shows that this is a rather sentimental topic for you. I'm not looking at this from a sentimental view, rather a pragmatic one.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

Why do you keep avoiding my question? Answer if first before I answer yours.

Edit: I haven't been told anything by my elders btw.
I didn't see any question that required an answer in your posts. You may ask again if you wish. But I know you have no answer to my last post. So continue your circular dance.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
logicab:
I didn't see any question that required an answer in your posts. You may ask again if you wish. But I know you have no answer to my last post. So continue your circular dance.

I do have an answer for you comment but I would rather you try to not skirt around the topics that you know that you cannot answer. It's rather hypocritical to expect someone to answer your question or reply to your comment without doing likewise. You seem rather rude and condescending- it's quite unbecoming of you.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

I do have an answer for you comment but I would rather you try to not skirt around the topics that you know that you cannot answer. It's rather hypocritical to expect someone to answer your question or reply to your comment without doing likewise. You seem rather rude and condescending- it's quite unbecoming of you.
LMAO. Yes I am rude and condescending and definitely don't have any apologies. OK, what is your question?
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

The bolded shows that this is a rather sentimental topic for you. I'm not looking at this from a sentimental view, rather a pragmatic one.
I'm sure you are very pragmatic when we talk about the 30,000 Igbos murdered in the aftermath of the July 1966 coup; and the 3 million who followed during the Civil War.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
logicab:
LMAO. Yes I am rude and condescending and definitely don't have any apologies. OK, what is your question?

At least you're honest about yourself...

My question was this:
Let me ask you a question, seeing as the coup failed, why is it that Nigeria is in such turmoil today? Surely you can't blame something that, in the end, failed miserably?
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
logicab:
I'm sure you are very pragmatic when we talk about the 30,000 Igbos murdered in the aftermath of the July 1966 coup; and the 3 million who followed during the Civil War.

I never said that I was pragmatic when discussing that topic, in fact, I don't think that I have discussed the pogroms with you so what exactly is your point? Unless, you're family members were killed in this coup then I don't think that it's the same thing.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

I never said that I was pragmatic when discussing that topic, in fact, I don't think that I have discussed the pogroms with you so what exactly is your point? Unless, you're family members were killed in this coup then I don't think that it's the same thing.
Oh, so it's only your family members you feel empathy for? No wonder!
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

At least you're honest about yourself...
No, it is simply that I don't care about your perception of who I am.
Ngozi123:

My question was this:
Let me ask you a question, seeing as the coup failed, why is it that Nigeria is in such turmoil today? Surely you can't blame something that, in the end, failed miserably?
Nigeria is in such a turmoil because there is something called a butterfly effect! From a mere butterfly fluttering its wings, something much bigger can happen as a consequence at the other end of the planet. Talk less of eliminating the cream of the crop politicians in the North and the West. And you assumed all will be well? I really need to ask how old you are.

The killing of the Sardauna and Prime Minister threw the North into political instability because these were irreplaceable leaders. Have you ever listened to videos of these guys speeches? Go find their videos then compare to the Northern leaders we have today. Killing them created a huge void, which was then filled by all kinds of charlatans and opportunists. Yet you still don't get it?

Not just that; after the coup, Ironsi now took over the reigns, promulgated Decree 34 and dawdled around for a good 6 months without bringing the coup plotters to book. Well, I guess it was coincidence he was Igbo. Coincidence indeed.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
logicab:
Oh, so it's only your family members you feel empathy for? No wonder!

Is that really what you got from that statement? I hope that you're just being purposely obtuse. I said that you comparing this case to the people who died during the war is not the same thing in terms of sentimentality. I didn't say anything about being empathetic- I actually think that the word you're looking for is 'sympathy' not 'empathy'- towards anyone, but being sentimental.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
logicab:

No, it is simply that I don't care about your perception of who I am.

Nigeria is in such a turmoil because there is something called a butterfly effect! From a mere butterfly fluttering its wings, something much bigger can happen as a consequence at the other end of the planet. Talk less of eliminating the cream of the crop politicians in the North and the West. And you assumed all will be well? I really need to ask how old you are.

The killing of the Sardauna and Prime Minister threw the North into political instability because these were irreplaceable leaders. Have you ever listened to videos of these guys speeches? Go find their videos then compare to the Northern leaders we have today. Killing them created a huge void, which was then filled by all kinds of charlatans and journeymen. Yet you still don't get it?

Not just that; after the coup, Ironsi now took over the realms, promulgated Decree 34 and dawdled around for a good 6 months without bringing the coup plotters to book. Well, I guess it was coincidence he was Igbo. Coincidence indeed.

Are you suggesting that the Igbos are single handedly responsible for the problems that we have in Nigeria? If I had known that I was conversing with a tribalist then I wouldn't have quoted you at all. I apologise for that.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

Is that really what you got from that statement? I hope that you're just being purposely obtuse. I said that you comparing this case to the people who died during the war is not the same thing in terms of sentimentality. I didn't say anything about being empathetic- I actually think that the word you're looking for is 'sympathy' not 'empathy'- towards anyone, but being sentimental.
Look at this f00l. Obviously you are more obtuse than well, an obtuse angle. So now you want to divert to grammar?

Meaning of empathy:

the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
So how does my usage not fit the context it was used?

So I can only feel EMPATHY for those murdered in January 1966 if they were family members? Or what does this your quote mean?
Unless, you're family members were killed in this coup then I don't think that it's the same thing.

I have said it before. I shouldn't be amazed by your programming. Your mental issues are not obvious even to you.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

Are you suggesting that the Igbos are single handedly responsible for the problems that we have in Nigeria? If I had known that I was conversing with a tribalist then I wouldn't have quoted you at all. I apologise for that.

Yes now that you know I'm a tribalist, kindly fvck off.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Igboic:

Nkea esikwa ebee?
am from your father's deserted village. Omo ale.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by OlanreJohnson: 10:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
KevinDein:
what I'm scared of? I want another coup? WTF are you even talking about?
I'm fuuucckkking comfortable in my own skin. I was just setting the record straight. Igbos have a nag for playing the victim but history clearly show they were the first to draw blood. They are not as innocent or the victims they love to portray. As a matter of fact they are the real villains in this movie called Nigeria.
They should just swallow whatever ill that comes their way

Don't mind them. This was why we yorubas sent Awo to kill 3 million Ibos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Seun Fakorede To Marry Sylvia Chioma Nwosu (Photos) / Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State / Flooding: FG Warns 9 States To Prepare For Heavy Floods From September 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.