Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? (14744 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fynestboi:
God created every living thing. Why did he create bacteria?

Really?

So it is God that created airplane? It is God that created atomic bomb?

God created all things never implies, all what we have on earth today, were created by him.

Most of what we have today are the handwork of things he created.

More like A gave birth to B and B gave birth to C
Will it be Logically wrong to suppose A created C?

nice one ...
She should have ask.
"Why did God created me"

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
why do you have hatred toward God.
You can hate on any religion. .
Pls do not hate on God almighty.

Most diseases are man made.

For God has given man the power and dominion.
Talking about power; which knowledge and wisdom (how man apply knowledge)

When man misuse his power circumstances are bound to occur.

This is the reason why we have scientists (knowledge God has given us) to tackle these problems.

You don't expect God to come down from heaven to get things fixed.
He has given man the dominion to rule over everything, it's now left for man to make use of it (brain)

Have you ever heard of the phrase "we treat but God heal"

I believe in God and i rely on science.
It's not about hating God. I personally see no evidence that he exists, but my question is directed at theists to understand how their concept of a loving God who created everything can logically fit with the existence of deadly microorganisms.

Are you saying that humans created deadly microorganisms? Even the one that caused the Black Death and killed 200 million Europeans (who were all or mostly Christian) in the 14th century?

Also, one of the biggest fears in medical science is that a deadly bacteria will evolve resistance to all the medicines we create. Some such bacteria are already arising (Google "superbugs" ). This is happening despite pharmacists and chemists diligently trying to make new medicines to combat the new strains. Antibiotic resistance is a real threat to the human race.

And it doesn't appear that any gods are helping, considering that the most God-fearing populations are dying the most from infections, and the people making the discoveries are mostly non-religious, atheist, or freethinking scientists who get their knowledge by repeated experimentation and study, not praying.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by DeepSight(m): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
nice one ...
She should have ask.
"Why did God created me"

This is a very well centred question.
For the OP, in her bombastic ignorance, does not realize that she is also bacteria of another sort to other living creatures.

The OP probably eats the corpses of other living things to survive daily, and sees no parasitic behavior in this, but callously, shortsightedly and and selfishly sees the bacteria that protect an entire ecosystem as evidence of the absence of God's Love.

This sort of OP will not understand the role of ants and other insects on the entire ecosystem, this sort of OP will not understand the role of lions in checking the population of cattle, this sort of OP can never, NEVER - EVER - understand the role of natural disasters in pruning that which needs to be pruned. This sort of OP cannot understand the cycle of life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
plaetton:

Kindly give us a list or at least a partial list of man-made diseases, and also the ones that are not man-made.

Where on Earth did you guys go to school and what did they teach you there?

Sunday school is NOT school. undecided

Do you see why oyinbo people do not teach religious crap in their schools?
hiv,herpes,cancer,e.tc
All caused by the activities of man and destruction of its environment.

Why is there global warning?
All these are caused by man.
Look here mr man i'm a chemist and i know how man contributed to the unpleasant activities of the environment(enviromental chemistry)

Lung cancer is brought about by smoking.
Did God put ciggaret in man's mouth.
Or the did God say we should do drugs? But there are alot of deranged people in rehab.

When you talk abt skin cancer...you cannot exclude bleaching/tanning there go together. This is also cause by the practice of man. grin

For everything that has been created there is good and evil, it is now left for you to take the right path.

Quote me again...i will be here to show you links smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by felixomor: 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
plaetton:

Pls don't mind these religio-tards.

They seem to be accidental tourists in this century.
They missed their trains to other side of the stone age.

Hpocrisy at its awesome peak.
Yet u are busy using many of the things invented and discovered by 'religious people'.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]hiv,herpes,cancer,e.tc
All caused by the activities of man and destruction of its environment.

Why is there global warning?
All these are caused by man.
Look here mr man i'm a chemist and i know how man contributed to the unpleasant activities of the environment(enviromental chemistry)

Lung cancer is brought about by smoking.
Did God put ciggaret in man's mouth.
Or the did God say we should do drugs? But there are alot of deranged people in rehab.

When you talk abt skin cancer...you cannot exclude bleaching/tanning there go together. This is also cause by the practice of man. grin

For everything that has been created there is good and evil, it is now left for you to take the right path.

Quote me again...i will be here to show you links smiley

But cancer existed in dinosaurs...
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2003/oct/23/dinosaurs.science

in various other wild animals...
http://www.livescience.com/9680-cancer-kills-wild-animals.html

And it occurs in children who have never smoked (Childhood Leukemia)...

7 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by tivta(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
Some pastors will say cause God works in mysterious ways, but scientifically speaking, God created deadly bacteria to reduce the population, can you imagine if no one died? Where would we all fit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by DeepSight(m): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

But cancer existed in dinosaurs...
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2003/oct/23/dinosaurs.science

Do you think that animals do not do wrong (or unhealthy) things?

And it occurs in children who have never smoked (Childhood Leukemia)...

Children come from the blood, sperm and eggs of their parents do they not?
If that blood has been corrupted how do you expect that the corruption will not be transmitted?
And if it is transmitted why blame the creator for this?

Commonsense is not common - I smoke - and the day that I have lung cancer (heaven forbid, for I must quit) - I will not attribute it to God - I will attribute it to myself.

I often tell people a little parable of a father who advises his son not to jump up for if he does so, he will surely fall down via the law of gravity. The son disobeys, jumps up. Now freeze the moment. The son is sorry he has disobeyed his father. He says to the father - Father, I am sorry I disobeyed you. That's okay son, I forgive you.

Now tell me - Is this son still going to fall down or not?

I hope you get the point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
This thread wasn't meant to discuss cancer but since people are bringing it up I'll mention it.

Cancer is when some of the cells within an organism begin to mutate and multiply in such a way that harms other cells within that organism. Some of your brain cells, for example, start growing out of control, forming a tumor that can now steal nutrients from surrounding cells, and even migrate to other parts of your body, destroying vital functions.

Unlike bacterial infections, it isn't a foreign organism invading & causing disease. Part of your body is killing other parts of your body.

This even happens in innocent children.
Childhood leukemia, the most common type of cancer in children and teens, is a cancer of the white blood cells. Abnormal white blood cells form in the bone marrow. They quickly travel through the bloodstream and crowd out healthy cells. This increases the body's chances of infection and other problems.

Why is such a thing even possible if we are perfectly created by God? Yet some of our cells are rebelling against our own body?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

It's not about hating God. I personally see no evidence that he exists, but my question is directed at theists to understand how their concept of a loving God who created everything can logically fit with the existence of deadly microorganisms.

Are you saying that humans created deadly microorganisms? Even the one that caused the Black Death and killed 200 million Europeans (who were all or mostly Christian) in the 14th century?

Also, one of the biggest fears in medical science is that a deadly bacteria will evolve resistance to all the medicines we create. Some such bacteria are already arising (Google "superbugs" ). This is happening despite pharmacists and chemists diligently trying to make new medicines to combat the new strains. Antibiotic resistance is a real threat to the human race.

And it doesn't appear that any gods are helping, considering that the most God-fearing populations are dying the most from infections, and the people making the discoveries are mostly non-religious, atheist, or freethinking scientists who get their knowledge by repeated experimentation and study, not praying.
you need to understand the world is evolving.
The more earth becomes modernized the higher the problem. It is left for us to put more effort in finding solutions to all these threat to mankind.

This was the reason why i stated earlier that man given the power and dominion over thing on earth is to contain whatever problems that have arise or will arise.

There are good bacteria and deadly ones, just like there are good and bad people.

List of some good bacteria that helps man's body
Lactobacillus
Bifidobacterium
Streptococcus
Bacillus Coagulans
Escherichia Coli
E.t.c

Bad bacteria
Clostridia
Streptococci
Staphylococci
Legionella
E.tc.

Get it!
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by winner01(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

So you're saying god didn't create bacteria? So who/what do you think did & why?

Also by that logic, couldn't one say "god didn't create present day humans, just the first ones"?
Since God created harmful bacteria, then he does not exist.

Thats the logic right.

***"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by DeepSight(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

This even happens in innocent children.

Who told you that children are innocent and where did you get this assumption from? ? ? ?
In fact, can you kindly explain what it means to be innocent and what makes a person innocent or guilty, of what and why? ? ? ?
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
winner01:

Thats the logic right.

You guys are pathetic.

They formulate their own definitions for God , God does not fit into their own definitions , God does not exist .

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
you need to understand the world is evolving.
The more earth becomes modernized the higher the problem. It is left for us to put more effort in finding solutions to all these threat to mankind.

This was the reason why i stated earlier that man given the power and dominion over thing on earth is to contain whatever problems that have arise or will arise.

There are good bacteria and deadly ones, just like there are good and bad people.

List of some good bacteria that helps man's body
Lactobacillus
Bifidobacterium
Streptococcus
Bacillus Coagulans
Escherichia Coli
E.t.c

Bad bacteria
Clostridia
Streptococci
Staphylococci
Legionella
E.tc.

Get it!
The Black Death occured hundreds of years prior to any modernization.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Fynestboi: 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
winner01:

Thats the logic right.

You guys are pathetic.

Lol.

Contradiction.

How can one believe God created bacteria and still go ahead to affirm the non-existent of such God. Like seriously.

I believe one can only disagree on the supposed God's attributes on this, and not the existence.

Hence if that's where the argument is pointing at, then I have to lipsrsealed.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
These diseases affecting man are signs of End time
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by winner01(m): 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Why is such a thing even possible if we are perfectly created by God? Yet some of our cells are rebelling against our own body?

God cursed man and cursed the earth for certain reasons. The Bible did not promise a rossy life. Jesus Christ warned his followers to brace themselves for a rough ride.

What he promised however is to be with us throughout this ride and make sure we get to our destination.

This goes on to show those that were really indoctrinated as a kid.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fynestboi:

Lol.

Contradiction.

How can one believe God created bacteria and still go ahead to affirm the non-existent of such God. Like seriously.

I believe one can only disagree on the supposed God's attributes on this, and not the existence.

Hence if that's where the argument is pointing at, then I have to lipsrsealed.
Where did I ever say that?

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
lilyqueen:
These diseases affecting man are signs of End time
Even the ones that occured hundreds to thousands of years ago?

The Black Death was in 1300.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by DeepSight(m): 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Hmm. And I presume that people living in those times had no unhealthy or unsanitary practices.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Fynestboi: 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Where did I ever say that?

OOo that wasn't meant for you ma.

Check the moniker I quoted. wink and try to read my last statement. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The black death:Plague is an infectious disease caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. These bacteria are found mainly in rodents, particularly rats, and in the fleas that feed on them. Other animals and humans usually contract the bacteria from rodent or flea bites.

Prior to then; there were no pesticide/insectide to contain rodents then.
Do you like the sound/sight of rodent in your environment? The answer is simply no. It's left for you, to always keep your surroundings clean.
Then, human were not concious of their environment.
Thank God we've passed that.

Get it!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In / 5 Types Of Church Members you come across every sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.