Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? (14689 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:

The black death:Plague is an infectious disease caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. These bacteria are found mainly in rodents, particularly rats, and in the fleas that feed on them. Other animals and humans usually contract the bacteria from rodent or flea bites.

Prior to then; there were no pesticide/insectide to contain rodents then.
Do you like the sound/sight of rodent in your environment? The answer is simply no. It's left for you, to always keep your surroundings clean.
Then, human were not concious of their environment.
Thank God we've passed that.

Get it!
The rodents did not create or cause Yersinia Pestis to exist. They were simply carriers of an organism that already existed. Exposure to those rodents would not have not lead to the death of 200 million people if Yersinia Pestis itself did not exist.

Why do Yersinia Pestis and other pathogenic bacteria exist in the first place? That's the question here. The measures humans have taken to avoid dying from them are all after the fact.

Also as a side note, the bible doesn't even warn against pathogenic bacteria at all. It doesn't tell us to wash our hands to avoid getting sick, or to avoid potential carriers of disease causing microbes (even in the animals we eat). All of that was figured out by human beings through their own hard work (not prayer, even after millions of those Europeans prayed for a cure).

10 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Also as a side note, the bible doesn't even warn against pathogenic bacteria at all. It doesn't tell us to wash our hands to avoid getting sick, or to avoid potential carriers of disease causing microbes (even in the animals we eat).
The bible is now expected to be a science text book that should tell you to wash your hands to avoid getting sick . What nonsense is this

All of that was figured out by human beings through their own hard work (not prayer, even after millions of those Europeans prayed for a cure).

I wonder if you witnessed this incident - firsthand experience ? Anyway , they prayed for a cure and then got one but somehow you think there is a problem?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by nduchucks: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
In my humble opinion, attempting to answer this question to the satisfaction of most people is an exercise in futility.

To do justice to this question we must first agree to the answer to this question:

1)Who/what is God

To some people god is a graven image, to others it is money and power, for others god does not exist, for others, God is the Almighty and most merciful Father who created heaven and earth.

If anyone is truly interested in the answer to this question, please provide your definition of god, and I will provide a quick answer to the OP's question based on that.

For those who do not believe in the existence of God, the answer is trivial, since the question becomes invalid.

I dey wait for una definition.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by DeepSight(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
nduchucks:

If anyone is truly interested in the answer to this question, please provide your definition of god, and I will provide a quick answer to the OP's question based on that.

The Ultimate, Eternal, Self existing First cause of all other existence. Carry on.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by DeepSight(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The rodents did not create or cause Yersinia Pestis to exist. They were simply carriers of an organism that already existed. Exposure to those rodents would not have not lead to the death of 200 million people if Yersinia Pestis itself did not exist.

Why do Yersinia Pestis and other pathogenic bacteria exist in the first place? That's the question here. The measures humans have taken to avoid dying from them are all after the fact.

Also as a side note, the bible doesn't even warn against pathogenic bacteria at all. It doesn't tell us to wash our hands to avoid getting sick, or to avoid potential carriers of disease causing microbes (even in the animals we eat). All of that was figured out by human beings through their own hard work (not prayer, even after millions of those Europeans prayed for a cure).

Why do you brush your teeth?
(I hope you do).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by nduchucks: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
DeepSight:

The Ultimate, Eternal, Self existing First cause of all other existence. Carry on.

Given your definition of God above, then from your perspective the answer to Op's question is straight forward.

Answer: because he is the self existing first cause of all other existence. QED

Note: You are walking a very fine line with your abstract pronouncements here o.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by plaetton: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]hiv,herpes,cancer,e.tc
All caused by the activities of man and destruction of its environment.

Why is there global warning?
All these are caused by man.
Look here mr man i'm a chemist and i know how man contributed to the unpleasant activities of the environment(enviromental chemistry)

Lung cancer is brought about by smoking.
Did God put ciggaret in man's mouth.
Or the did God say we should do drugs? But there are alot of deranged people in rehab.

When you talk abt skin cancer...you cannot exclude bleaching/tanning there go together. This is also cause by the practice of man. grin

For everything that has been created there is good and evil, it is now left for you to take the right path.

Quote me again...i will be here to show you links smiley

Lol.
You are chemist ?
You mean someone who actually studied chemistry at the university level ? shocked

Lord have mercy ? grin

So HIV , herpes and cancer are man made diseases

I apologize dear,.as I usually do when I am flommuxed by the sheer level of COMPLEX ignorance that I am confronted.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
nduchucks:
In my humble opinion, attempting to answer this question to the satisfaction of most people is an exercise in futility.

To do justice to this question we must first agree to the answer to this question:

1)Who/what is God

To some people god is a graven image, to others it is money and power, for others god does not exist, for others, God is the Almighty and most merciful Father who created heaven and earth.

For those who do not believe in the existence of God, the answer is trivial, since the question becomes invalid.

I dey wait for una definition.
I think my OP targeted the Abrahamic God described in the bible & worshipped by Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by nduchucks: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

I think my OP targeted the Abrahamic God described in the bible & worshipped by Christians.

Thanks for the clarification which also indicates that the OP believes in the existence of the said Abrahamic God. If the OP does not believe in the existence of the said God, then the question posed is senseless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
nduchucks:

Thanks for the clarification which also indicates that the OP believes in the existence of the said Abrahamic God. If the OP does not believe in the existence of the said God, then the question posed is senseless.

Are you being serious right now?

So talking about other people's beliefs means I must also share those beliefs?

If a Christian now starts criticizing the gods worshipped in Hinduism, this means the Christian now believes in Hindu gods? What kind of logic is this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by nduchucks: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

If a Christian now starts criticizing the gods worshipped in Hinduism, this means the Christian now believes in Hindu gods? What kind of logic is this.

The answer to the above would be a definite No. It is however not analogous to my presumptions.

I maintain that if you do not believe in the existence of the Abrahamic God, then your question remains senseless. I stand corrected if you can expose the sensibility of the question.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by winner01(m): 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
nduchucks:

If the OP does not believe in the existence of the said God, then the question posed is senseless.

Dayumm!!!!!

Who dwells on what they dont believe in rather than what they do believe in.

Atheism is empty and baseless.

It feeds off Religion, science, irreligion, secularism, agnosticism and any other thing to remain relevant.

Cloudgoddess, could you just talk about atheism for once and stop bitching about what you were/used to be or believe.

Your evangelism is stale aiidy. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
If God doesn't exist to you why can't you leave him be? Why blame him for every meaningful n meaningless thing all thesame?

God is not incharge of this world, satan is!!!
So you should redirect your questions to the appropriate quarters accordingly and while you're at it, i'd also suggest you change the title of this topic to 'Why did satan create disease causing bacteria. Afterall he is the so called prince of the world who seized power from Adam after the fall.

You don't respect nor rever God, that's fine, you don't believe He exists, awesome... So do one thing for your sanity: stop asking silly questions about a non existent God, stop looking for faults in a non existent God, stop cursing on what you cannot explain or fully understand as you have chosen to limit yourselves to the sole knowledge that there is no God...

But one thing I do know and will continue to reiterate is this: God does not need no one to believe, think or accept he exists or not before it is established He is, was and will forever be....

"Alas the wise may claim to know but they know not"-. Nibble on that that ye may be wise...

Shallom...

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.
You are chemist ?
You mean someone who actually studied chemistry at the university level ? shocked

Lord have mercy ? grin

So HIV , herpes and cancer are man made diseases

I apologize dear,.as I usually do when I am flommuxed by the sheer level of COMPLEX ignorance that I am confronted.
how many times will i repeat myself
Take it or leave it
Hiv was created to keep the human population in check..
Most especially gay men.
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/Aids/AidsOrigin

I for once never believed hiv/aids originated from monkeys in africa
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Firstlieutenant(m): 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
Take it or leave it
Most especially gay men.

I won't throw shades at u anymore. I realize u don't deserve it, and so I apologize.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Harvard13(m): 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:
This question occured to me while reading up on some recent medical research. According to (Christian & other) scripture, God created every living thing. Why did he create bacteria?

He says man are to rule & have dominion over all animals. Yet bacteria and other deadly microbes continue to conquer us; Christians and non-Christians alike are at the mercy of whatever untreatable bacteria they happen to be unfortunate enough to be infected by.

For those without a full understanding of what bacteria are or how they work (genuinely not trying to be condescending but to educate):

Bacteria are tiny, single-celled animals that outnumber people at least 1000000:1 and are completely invisible to the human eye (progressively more advanced microscopes have been invented by scientists allowing us to better visualize them and analyze their physical & chemical structure). They are on everything, including all over & inside of your body, and in the air you breathe.

Some bacteria are harmless. But others cause horrible, often gruesome diseases and defects when they are able to access the human body. Some kill by dissolving your flesh as they release acidic chemicals into your epithelial tissue. Some cause festering rashes, blindness, internal bleeding because they are feeding on your cells and releasing deadly waste into your body.

The bacteria has no motive but to survive. From its perspective, it's simply doing what comes natural.

Perhaps the worst part is that they can gain resistance to any medicine we throw at them. Their DNA can literally change in a way that enables them to avoid the effects of any antibiotic that was previously effective. Once that happens, the resistance trait widely spreads and soon you have a huge amount of bacteria that are all resistant to our medicines (our chemical "weapon" against bacteria). In other words, they getting better at fighting back.

According to religious thought (Abrahamic specifically) a loving and merciful God, who made earth for humans to rule, intentionally created an entire domain of creatures that are invisible killers -- capable of multiplying rapidly, destroying our bodies from the inside out & continuously improving/upgrading their own artillery.

Why would he do this?

ill answer ur questions in 2 forms.
1. you know dat there is bacteria in the stomach for digestion, these bacteria can cause illness when there is no food to work on. they digest the stomach walls. now dont blame GOD for that. they have a good purpose.

2. when u pick up DIRT or eat SPOILT or INFECTED food, dont blame GOD. he didnt put no disease causing bacteria in u when u were born. u picked it up yourself.

bees help in polination and food production but dont go and blame GOD if you go nd look for trouble and a bee stings you. every thing has its purpose and habitat. putting them in the wrong habitat is the problem.

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

I won't throw shades at u anymore. I realize u don't deserve it, and so I apologize.
ok..i heard you smiley

But why so many hidden post on this thread thou undecided
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
Harvard13:

ill answer ur questions in 2 forms.
1. you know dat there is bacteria in the stomach for digestion, these bacteria can cause illness when there is no food to work on. they digest the stomach walls. now dont blame GOD for that. they have a good purpose.

2. when u pick up DIRT or eat SPOILT or INFECTED food, dont blame GOD. he didnt put no disease causing bacteria in u when u were born. u picked it up yourself.

bees help in polination and food production but dont go and blame GOD if you go nd look for trouble and a bee stings you. every thing has its purpose and habitat. putting them in the wrong habitat is the problem.

thanks
thank you!
The girl get problem nor be small.

We've tried our best to change the way she sees things but she is too adamant.

I think say i stubborn but this girl stubborn gan grin
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Firstlieutenant(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
ok..i heard you smiley

I'm not sure I get what u mean by "hidden post", mine wasn't hidden and so I'm cool. cool
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Dejideji1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
I posted a comment and it was hidden, and was even given a momentary ban. Na wa ooo. Just because I called on cloudgoddess to answer the question winner01 threw at her.

Although I noticed the big boss was viewing when I posted the comment, i guess he wasn't comfortable with it. Or someone else reported the comment. Alright no problem.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Dejideji1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

I'm not sure I get what u mean by "hidden post", mine wasn't hidden and so I'm cool. cool

She is correct, mine was also hidden and was even banned momentarily.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Dejideji1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
ok..i heard you smiley

The big boss actually took time to inspect all our comments. I caught him viewing this thread for several minutes before he left. Maybe he wasn't comfortable with some of the comments.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
Dejideji1:

The big boss actually took time to inspect all our comments. I caught him viewing this thread for several minutes before he left. Maybe he wasn't comfortable with some of the comments.
where is freedom of speech though.
Last time i checked there was no bashing on this thread grin..

The truth is bitter to digest.
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by donnffd(m): 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
tivta:
Some pastors will say cause God works in mysterious ways, but scientifically speaking, God created deadly bacteria to reduce the population, can you imagine if no one died? Where would we all fit?

But he just so happened to create lots n lots of rich empty redundant planets in our galaxy, 7 in our solar system alone and majority are far larger than the earth multiplied by 50...

He does work in mysterious ways...

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
Take it or leave it
Most especially gay men.

Madam, please go back to the romance section

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
kolawaxxy:

Madam, please go back to the romance section
Gerra of here!
If you dont have anything to contribute i advise you lock up or lock down.

See your life. #i must comment de worry you.

Let this be the last you u will quote me on nairaland.
Take time or you will see the other side of me.

Joker!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

COZA Port Harcourt OutReach Programme To The Less Privileged (Pictures) / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In / Has God Ever Done Any Irrefutable Miracle For You Before? Come In And Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.