Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! (2836 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye / Bishop Oyedepo: "Adeboye Saved Me From Spiritual Attack On My Private Jet" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 19, 2016
No one is asking them to join politics like Bakare once did.
But let them speak up.
How many of their church members have not been paid and are living in penury?
Like someone said, their silence is no longer golden.

Politics affect all our lives and it is idiotic for anyone to think MoGs should abstain.
Ask Rev Martin Luther King Jnr who fought to death against an holy ill in his time.
Ask John the Baptist who paid with his neck, but he spoke up against the excesses of an Herod.
Ask Jesus Christ who changed the world because He stood against the ills of His time.

If I carry placard and go to the street, I'd be called a jobless fool and a comic relief.
But if Oyedepo coughs on the pulpit against corruption in public offices, the nation will stir.
If Adeboye decides "enough is enough" against the herdsmen menace, even Buhari will wake up.
If Kumuyi leads us against injustice and all, this country will not remain the same.

No one asks them to go out on the street, although that would be a great sight to behold.
From eating and living and flying so luxuriously they should just take a 30 minutes pause,
and speak up.

PS: You're free to attack me and even call be Beelzebub because of this. I don't care a hoot if you do.
If you read your Bible carefully you'd realize prophets were unsparingly used of God to correct social ills,
the very things some call politics.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by Ranchhoddas: 8:56am On Jul 19, 2016
bodejohn:
Another lazy Nigerian...what have you done to protest the injustice and hunger in the land other than to buy cheap internet and come on Nairaland?

We just want to cross our hands and legs while others fix our issues for us....

We are not only lazy...we are also docile!
Very foolish comment.
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by Scholar8200(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2016
At the time of the early church when the Epistles were written, Christians were being persecuted etc Yet I am yet to find ANY reference to Peter , James (he was even killed) and John or Paul, confronting Caesar! In fact in the height of the suffering, here's how far they went:

First of all, I ask you to pray much for all men and to give thanks for them. 2 Pray for kings and all others who are in power over us so we might live quiet God-like lives in peace.
1 Timothy 2:1,2

Every person must obey the leaders of the land. There is no power given but from God, and all leaders are allowed by God. 2 The person who does not obey the leaders of the land is working against what God has done. Anyone who does that will be punished.

3 Those who do right do not have to be afraid of the leaders. Those who do wrong are afraid of them. Do you want to be free from fear of them? Then do what is right. You will be respected instead. 4 Leaders are God’s servants to help you. If you do wrong, you should be afraid. They have the power to punish you. They work for God. They do what God wants done to those who do wrong.

5 You must obey the leaders of the land, not only to keep from God’s anger, but so your own heart will have peace. 6 It is right for you to pay taxes because the leaders of the land are servants for God who care for these things. 7 Pay taxes to whom taxes are to be paid. Be afraid of those you should fear. Respect those you should respect.
Romans 13:1-7

Obey the head leader of the country and all other leaders over you. This pleases the Lord. 14 Obey the men who work for them. God sends them to punish those who do wrong and to show respect to those who do right. 15 This is what God wants.
1 Peter 2:13-15a

Hence, expecting Pastors to become social critics and activists is alien to the NT. If you dont agree, kindly bring up the verses that support your expectation.
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by bamirotola: 11:00am On Jul 19, 2016
tuniski:

Stop lashing at any other religion! And who told you, you ain't wilder?

I kuku did not mention any name.... don't know why you are so pained! U b religion??
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by bodejohn(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Very foolish comment.

Thanks...you are entitled to your opinion or comment, and I am to mine.
Just a word of advise, check my signature before you respond to me in the future!
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by Ranchhoddas: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
bodejohn:

Thanks...you are entitled to your opinion or comment, and I am to mine.
Just a word of advise, check my signature before you respond to me in the future!
Great. At least you did not dispute the fact that that it was a foolish comment. That's better than I can say for most people.
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by bodejohn(m): 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Great. At least you did not dispute the fact that that it was a foolish comment. That's better than I can say for most people.

I won't reply a foolish comment, less you drag me through the lanes of your stupidity and even beat me to it with experience.
Run along boy...No more responses from me.
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by saderry(f): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
adioolayi:

No No....I don't agree totally... yea, they shouldn't meddle in political affairs by affiliating themselves with any political party or politicians... But in political matters affecting their households, members, community and the country at large...they should speak up... They should speak against injustice and persecution of Christians in the North...They should advise the government of the day on the yearnings of the populace... They have access to those in power than most people...Yes, they should pray for them..they should act too...Their silence is not GOLDEN anymore

True talk though. I agree

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by Ranchhoddas: 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
bodejohn:

I won't reply a foolish comment, LEST you drag me through the lanes of your stupidity and even beat me to it with experience.
Run along boy...No more responses from me.
I am happy. You are better than most. Maybe there is a little hope for our people.
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by tuniski: 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
bamirotola:

I kuku did not mention any name.... don't know why you are so pained! U b religion??
U are playing the ostrich! Anyway, your Type are many! Using negative stereotypes without depth as a basis for generalization.
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by bamirotola: 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
tuniski:

U are playing the ostrich! Anyway, your Type are many! Using negative stereotypes without depth as a basis for generalization.

So wetin concyn u?? Sebabu my friend.. #creepWalkOutaThread
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by tuniski: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
bamirotola:

So wetin concyn u?? Sebabu my friend.. #creepWalkOutaThread
You are in a public domain watch what u say.
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by Heavenly102: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
saderry:
I don't think men of God should meddle with politics in anyway what's so ever. It's too derogatory and dirty.
As a man of God the best the u should do is to impact positively in ur immediate environment instead of amassing wealth.
It's
too dirty ? young man do not infuriate me so. was Isaiah the prophet not a man of God what about Paul, my man you are ludicrous. they spoke against both the good and evil alike the anointed and the antithetically equivalent. they feared not jail or the whip

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by saderry(f): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
Heavenly102:

too dirty ? young man do not infuriate me so. was Isaiah the prophet not a man of God what about Paul, my man you are ludicrous. they spoke against both the good and evil alike the anointed and the antithetically equivalent. they feared not jail or the whip

See this one. Am I stopping u from getting angry?

And FYI..I'm a lady
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
The worst illiterate is the political illiterate, he doesn’t hear, doesn’t speak, nor participates in the political events. He doesn’t know the cost of life, the price of the bean, of the fish, of the flour, of the rent, of the shoes and of the medicine, all depends on political decisions. The political illiterate is so stupid that he is proud and swells his chest saying that he hates politics. The slowpoke doesn’t know that, from his political ignorance is born the prostitute, the abandoned child, and the worst thieves of all, the bad politician, corrupted and flunky of the national and multinational companies.”
― Bertolt Brecht.

When you are influential and powerful and yet keep quiet in the face of oppression just because you are not the oppressed, then you are worse than the oppressor. Why? Because you permit oppression to be the norm. You feast fat, praise God for blessing your purse and thank God for enriching you to give crumbs to the poor. Why give the crumbs to the poor when the mere opening of your mouth could prevent them from being poor in the first place?

For our silence we shall all be judged. You fat MoGs in particular because you misrepresented God as Someone who allows oppression, as One too timid to challenge the oppressor.
Re: Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Pastors have business with politics. In fact they are passively influencing things the way it suits their self-serving purposes. Bring a politician to any church assembly, then sit back and watch how your Papa-in-the-Lord go behave, jumping up and down to please, inviting the politifian to keep attending the church. That, serves the MoG because it increases collections.

How about them influencing politics the way it would make life a little more bearable for the masses, the poor, the defenseless? If you think you know the Bible enough to excuse MoGs from doing things the improves the poor's living conditions, then it is not the Bible you've really been reading.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly / We Laid The Foundation For Boko Haram –Isa El Buba [pic] / Please I Need Your Help (spiritual Problem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.