Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (48723 Views)

Python Dance: Lai Mohammed, Buratai Will End Up In Jail- Zionists Leader, Onwuka / Barrister Ben Onwuka, Self Acclaimed Biafra President Arrested In 2014 (Photos) / President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Drsmiles(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2016
Since democracy in Nigeria was even thought of
This is only the second time the Yorubas are not in opposition
Even the first term of obasanjo Yorubas voted massively for the ADs candidate FALAE
The south east are for the first time in the opposition politically they've always enjoyed the mainstream
They've been bowing to PDP without thinking of a south east agenda
They've not even recently had a credible presidential candidate and don't think they'd have in a long time
Yorubas had fela tongue lashing brutal military rulers and he has the Yoruba blood flowing
And many more activists
But you shout when it matters most
Don't waste millions of lives like the failed Biafra attempt with the leaders children not even suffering a bruise
See Kalu still in jail
The Zaria massacre occurred and no finger has been raised
The southwest would rather wait and use their thumbs to do the talking again in 2019
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by amodu(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I could almost predict the content of the write-up and subsequent comments by seeing the topic. Another writer masquerading behind 'objective writing' but with subtle tribalism embedded.

The O.P talked about june 12, what is so strange in the enthusiasm gradually dying out? even before this dispensation ogun and Lagos states mainly observed it.I still saw on the same news civil societies celebrating the day. perhaps you should ask why igbos don't acknowledge may 30th.

you talked about ekiti in correlation with enugu murder. What uproar was there? you said the fg commented..has that stop the rape and killings in enugu? I know it has occured like 3rice in enugu.. I can't remember the other s/e governors speaking up.

The yorubas have always spoken up on restructuring and not thirst after appointments like vampires. Its ironical how the only highly placed igbo man senator ekweremadu is facing a tough battle, haven't heard a word from either the s/e or the ohanaeze. Since August 30, your youths have been slaughtered..what has the 'uproar' benefited? What have the igbos done to secure nnamdi kanus realease?

Instead of us to move forward ur here trying to throw stones, you claim you're hated..yet you use every opportunity to try and cast aspersions on every tribe. it is unfortunate.. each zones have their own problems to handle, why don't you mind your business and fully make up your mind if you want to integrate or continue deluding yourselves.
Tribalism doesn't pay.

May God's blessing continue to flow in your life boundlessly.

I am stunned why they continue to fan the ember of tribalism and ethnic war which brings no good.

5 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by dmoney4luv(m): 11:17am On Jul 19, 2016
naija pple "eastern pro biafra" lik seriusly i cn realy c wuna nairaland forum preframe work. let me tel u guyz dat al dis nonsense tok wil nt bring solutn 2 our curent econmic melt down so u guyz shud beta tok wat wil bring nd add 2 d betamost of dis present administratns

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Skmoda360(m): 11:17am On Jul 19, 2016
gannod:

I am from the southwest,Ekiti to be precise. I think you are spot on! The problem with the Yoruba people is their hypocrisy,it is second to none. I hope the Yoruba youth would free themselves from this mental slavery and chart a new course for themselves politically. Abo oro la n so fun omoluabi.....
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by SaffronSpice: 11:17am On Jul 19, 2016
Vendoor:
I remember how the same Yorubas invaded GEJ with all manner of protest and statements that raised the roof.

That's why the Igbos don't blend with Yorubas, its in their attitude. Just offer them common food today and watch how a Yoruba man will lye on the floor and worship you like god. The north only offer them the VP possition and they already lying flat with their heads down like cowards.

The Igbos are brave, that's why FG (North) takes their case seriously!

Jonathan's tenure was an epitome of failure;any right-thinking person/group who didn't criticise him must have benefited from his maladministration--which you guys did.

Don't make me laugh:Who the hell wants to blend with youundecided?
Stop flattering yourself.

When Jonathan was giving you juicy positions were you not lying flat with your heads down like cowards?
Now that he's no longer in office,all you do is make a noise here and there with slaver streaks on your cheeks.

Your purported bravery is nothing but anger and hate at Nigeria,so spare us that tripe.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Skmoda360(m): 11:18am On Jul 19, 2016
I am from the southwest,Ondo to be precise. I think you are spot on! The problem with the Yoruba people is their hypocrisy,it is second to none. I hope the Yoruba youth would free themselves from this mental slavery and chart a new course for themselves politically. Abo oro la n so fun omoluabi, ti o ba de inu e a di odidi....

2 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by verygudbadguy(m): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2016
Vendoor:
I remember how the same Yorubas invaded GEJ with all manner of protest and statements that raised the roof.

That's why the Igbos don't blend with Yorubas, its in their attitude. Just offer them common food today and watch how a Yoruba man will lye on the floor and worship you like god. The north only offer them the VP possition and they already lying flat with their heads down like cowards.

Anofia! grin

I don't know why you people are crazy about Yoruba people. I was just dealing with one of your tribalist association member in my office not quite long. I wish your eyes can see that we are better together. And that we achieve no good in diversity.

You need the Yorubas and we also need u guys... Even the Abokis are Nigerians hence, our people.

You guys need to chill abeg. Life is too short to dey quarel everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
It amazes me how these Amala and Ewedu eating clowns are so brave on the internet, they don't say shiit in real life.

Their Good for nothing brothers are up north blowing themselves up like idiots.

Well, the igbos own Lagos, we bought all their lands, properties and now we're moving to Ogun state to buy everything there, we must extinct this stinky tribe.

Why are you buying? Why can't you just hijack everything like you attempted to do during the civil war?

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by calcal: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2016
The hardly working group are good for indicating violent.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by chimauga(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2016
You called then " SOUTH WEST" but I called them SOUTH W.A.S.T.E. We all are classified as south but, they lack the bonding,they join the north which don't even need them, both in religion and social life.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2016
ALAYORMII:

When a whole village was attacked in Enugu, you guys had amnesia but can remember the disturbance in mile 12

Nigeria will burn if they don't allow Biafra to go has been ur anthem but we're yet to see you people do more than a dead rat.

Fight ur battle and leave the Yorubas alone

Yes, our amnesia made your slave-master BUBU to speak on the fulani massacre by force.

Is Nigeria not burning yet? Nigeria is already burning na, the economy is burning, security is burning leading to insecurity everywhere, what else do you want to burn? Nigeria is burning itself without us adding fuel to it. We just have to keep watching.

We have always fought our battles, we have not asked the yoruba for help to fight our battles. What is amusing to us is the way you fight the battles of the fulani/hausa slave masters and defend them but cant fight your own battle, rather you keep quiet and pretend like it aint happening.

It's really amusing grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by SPOPOVICH: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2016
hotwax:

So what happened to Israel?

Have seen Israeli citizens fighting hamaz?

They leave retaliations and security to their government.

Its called civility

You are naive, there's videos of Isaelis attacking Palestinians and and other foreigners on YouTube.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Moneytize: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2016
rusep:
Biafrans searching for sympathy
Guy I tire for those flat ins o!

2 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by theEYe21(f): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2016
Its better than being foolish. Fools never prosper undecided
pyxon:

Then you are just a coward. That's all

2 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Moneytize: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2016
Handsomeemmy:
Azuka Couldn't have said it better, he hit the nail on the head, our silence in South west on issues that need our voices is unbecoming, in South West of yesteryears, we usually differentiate politics from the progress and development of the region but today it has become all about politics, people like Bola Ahmed Tinubu who I "respect" have gained unnecessarily relevance against the development that should be in The south west, I hate this silence that has become the Norms in my region.
People are suffering, the government is not doing enough, nepotism and Favouritism has been the order of the day for this regime yet my people chose to protest against what's happening between Remi Tinubu and Dino Melaye.

I thought every lives matters in Nigeria, especially in the south west, what do we chose to be use by the Core north to do their biddings and rape our women, destroy our farmland and killed the elderly and Children? And yet we are quiet, I know silence is golden but not this type of silence that lead to death and erode evrything humanity stands for.

We in the south west viz a viz Nigeria need to have a rethink and chart another course while it is still day.

I believe in the continuous existence of One Nigeria but it must be restructured to better aid development and not one core section dictating for others how life should be lived.

Before you labelled me IPOD, I am a full Yoruba Man, and I am not ready to be like Esau.

Best wishes.

I write from Nigeria

Shut the bleep up, Igbo claiming Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by proxillin(m): 11:28am On Jul 19, 2016
SPOPOVICH:

You are naive, there's videos of Isaelis attacking Palestinians and and other foreigners on YouTube.

You knw nothing

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by SaffronSpice: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2016
pyxon:

What exactly have yorubas done for this country except steal Niger Delta oil, still money through politics and smuggling and constantly betray their southern neighbors?

You should thank them for being the equilibrant in a nation on the verge of loosing balancewink

2 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by hotwax: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2016
SPOPOVICH:

I will not reply the naive part. Its insulting...but I am a Yoruba man, I dont join baboons in doing their thingy.

But I will tell you that, if jewish masses should retaliate anytime Palestian suicide bombers, Knife attacks or stone throwers strikes, trust me their wont be palestians again.

Dont tell me Jews are cowards. We know an avergae Jew is a mafia. But they are law abiding.

Well, we may have few Jews going emotional. But lone retaliation is not popular in Israel. They rely on IDF to retaliate.

Its callled civilization.

2 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by amodu(m): 11:30am On Jul 19, 2016
seangy4konji:
Awon weehreh ti deh.

Gentle lady le mi mikinshe fighter, ki anybody ma timi lobi ija(salawa abeni)

Ori e a kan ke omo iye mi

2 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by vislabraye(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2016
gannod:

I am from the southwest,Ekiti to be precise. I think you are spot on! The problem with the Yoruba people is their hypocrisy,it is second to none. I hope the Yoruba youth would free themselves from this mental slavery and chart a new course for themselves politically. Abo oro la n so fun omoluabi.....

They will soon say you are Igbo. Have you noticed that no Yoruba has spoken yet. But if it's about Deziani or Gej you will see the usual suspects in the first ten comments.
It's shameful that these same people who criticised Gej are quiet. Where is Bakare ? Where is Soyinka ? Christians are kilked like chickens in the North but none of these men have spoken. It's very bad. I thank God for a few SW people like Fayose. But his foolish people are fighting him.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by SaffronSpice: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2016
Dpharisee:

Remember Ilorin is still a Yoruba Town lost and ruled by Fulani you hypocrite and Afonja Yorubas 'dobale' for a Fulani Emir

Lol.You call a conspiracy that back fired war?
You have lost it.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Winning123: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2016
nnachukz:
Nothing strange is happening there my dear. They are just showing their slavish nature, betrayal and coward attitude they are well known for.

You are a bitter representative of your people.The SW has decided not to allow hatred becloud their sense of judgement. They have decided to move on unlike Igbos and Ijaws who are bad losers

2 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Bakersfield: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2016
amodu:

It is quite pathetic when I see statements of this sort, it is tantamount to saying we Yorubas, Lagosians in particular are stupid for being accommodating and tolerant.

Keep it up, your utterances will always wreck havoc and agony on you and your people, another cry and severe weeping awaits you when the Lagos State Government descends on you again and decide to demolish those properties you derived joy in just as it happened with the markets we borrow you to sustain your generations and lineage

Haaaaaaaaaa, kilode, eleyi ma ga ooooooooooooooo.
E sanu omo Ibo ke. Awon gan o moba arawon.
PROUDLY YORUBA MARRIED TO IGBO WOMAN.
LOBATAN.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by luciouscookie: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2016
Hemanwel:
I am igbo,stayed in Lagos all my life.I think what the OP/Writer has expressed here is not true.Rather,the SW have been the voice of injustices and bad governance in Nigeria.My only grouse with the SW in recent time, is their unusual silence to the various injustices of this Buhari administration,including the lopsidedness of political appointments and menace of Fulani herdsmen.
Contrary to what the writer has posited here,Me thinks it's that time when the SW leaders voice out,that the whole country listen
You are saying exactly the same thing with the writer. How come you don't agree with him

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by abaeatlaliga01: 11:39am On Jul 19, 2016
Hmmmm, friend it s unfortunate we found ourself where we are today because of some selfish bastard that want to cover their evil past, l never support this administration from the outset, Tinubu should be ashame by now for selling us into slavery, the OPC that should come to our respite has gone to sleep, since it s now all about money, Igbo are no different mind you, if you are the vice President you will keep silent too, l wasn't a kid during Sagari s regime, that s Nigeria for you, Baba Tinubu what will Yoruba race remember you for?.

http://punchng.com/something-strange-happening-south-west/[/quote]
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2016
Vendoor:

Non Sense
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by brosammy(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2016
What a sincere observation from Asuka, your sence of reasoning will never go dry, the problem with yorubas is the hypocrisy and undetermined attitude we posses, that is the reason y we dont have any body to speak on SW behalf.the so called Tinubu is doing all what he could just for his pocket sake and is a religious frick too who only care if a muslim that is close to him is affected but christian is not his concern. The Animal we voted for was able to open his mouth to discourage the bombing in meca, and the coup in turkey but not the fulani heardmen truculent in benue,enugun ekiti plateau,If not for the avengers only God knows what would have become of Nija in the hand of Fulanis
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2016
Moneytize:
Shut the bleep up, Igbo claiming Yorubas.

I will give you the dignity of a response, read mot of my previous post, I am Yoruba
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by SPOPOVICH: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2016
hotwax:

I will not reply the naive part. Its insulting...but I am a Yoruba man, I dont join baboons in doing their thingy.

But I will tell you that, if jewish masses should retaliate anytime Palestian suicide bombers, Knife attacks or stone throwers strikes, trust me their wont be palestians again.

Dont tell me Jews are cowards. We know an avergae Jew is a mafia. But they are law abiding.

Well, we may have few Jews going emotional. But lone retaliation is not popular in Israel. They rely on IDF to retaliate.

Its callled civilization.

They rely on IDF to retaliate, against people they've violently disposes of their land, hahahaha.
What happens when the IDF isn't present to protect them? Did you see the video of the Eritrean that was lynched?

Again the article mentioned that no noise is made when SW is attacked, is there silence in Israel about the terrorists attacks by Hamas? You can read the extremist comment by Israeli leaders and on Israeli forums about Palestinians.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Firefire(m): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2016
[quote author=Handsomeemmy post=47689740][/quote]

E wo, ki Oluwa gba wa lowo awon asiwaju jegudu jera ile Kaaro O'jire.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Drsmiles(m): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2016
[quote author=freeborn76 post=47689581]
I hope Azuka gets to read this, I have a rejoinder to his infantile article. Yorubas are not silent, they are wise. Yorubas do not act just to prove a point, Yorubas act after due consultation and after well informed directives from their leaders, something most tribes lack in Nigeria. I think Azuka's concern is not that Yorubas are silent, no. His concern is that the Southwest is not boiling as other regions and that in spite of all things 'Nigerian', the region still thrives economically. How did you expect Yorubas to react to the unfortunate and senseless murder of the lady Evangelist? Go to Hausa communities in the state and kill Islamic clerics just to prove a point? Yorubas are more sensible than that...for the records Azuka, stop your patronising statement that you have written 'good' articles about the Southwest, Yorubas DO NOT need your validation. Focus your future articles on addressing the negative image drug peddlers and petty criminals from the Southeast are giving to the Igbo nation and Nigeria at large, and the fact that Igbo elders have been 'silent' and compromising in the face of protracted shameful acts by their 'children'. Live the Yoruba nation alone, she knows how to treat her illness...stop drinking alabukun for another man's headache.[/quote

God will bless you

3 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by hotwax: 11:49am On Jul 19, 2016
SPOPOVICH:

They rely on IDF to retaliate, against people they've violently disposes of their land, hahahaha.
What happens when the IDF isn't present to protect them? Did you see the video of the Eritrean that was lynched?

Again the article mentioned that no noise is made when SW is attacked, is there silence in Israel about the terrorists attacks by Hamas? You can read the extremist comment by Israeli leaders and on Israeli comment about Palestinians.

Yorubas have no separate government. Yorubas not need make any noise. We are not noise makers.

The government should do its job.

If this government fails, next wont. We dont take law into our hands.

We shouldnt because of that setup terror organization and start killing people, bombing pipelines.

We are civil. Thats who we are.

When Jonathan was the president, we did not cause any bloodshed. And Buhari does not hate us as GEJ. SO why do we act differently now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun / Nastura Sharif Arrest: Bashir Tofa Warns Buhari / Peter Obi, Datti Ahmed & LP Officials Land In Benue In An "Obidient" Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.