Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others (28448 Views)

Geotechincal / Geophysical Investigation,soil Test,pile Foundation,borehole Nig. / Neighbours Fight In Akwa-Ibom Because Of N300 Borehole Levy (photos) / Immediate Need For Borehole In Elebu, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
Drilling in Imeko.....The top soil is made up of a hard highly Ferruginised laterite, about 80ft in thickness. you can spend 2days on this alone depending on the rig you are using.

After this, be prepared to enter into a very loose units of kaoline and sand. This is what you will be drilling till you reach about 150ft.

At around 150ft, you will meet an aquifer, but you shouldn't rely on this. There is another hard laterite confining another aquifer beneath. The best practice is to penetrate through this hard laterite. This helps you to be on a safer side and also could give you an artisan hole.

Try and go deeper through the laterite then into another loose sand and clay.
At this level, you can confidently terminate the hole at around 200ft. If you have enough strenght, you can move to 250ft to create enough reservoir and to allow enough space for your pump to sit.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:44am On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 10:38am On Feb 27, 2017
Beautiful Monday Money from Dextol Global Geophysicals...Remember we are here for your subsurface expert needs. Have a blessed week ahead.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 12:06am On Mar 03, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by omololu251(m): 8:14am On Mar 03, 2017
For your pile foundation job; We at Drilldeep are concerned with the foundation and stability of your building.
Kindly contact us on, E-mail : emmy2410@gmail.com
Phone : 07060602143
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 11:59am On Mar 05, 2017
Happy Sunday NLDs
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by omololu251(m): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
For your pile foundation job; We at Drilldeep are concerned with the foundation and stability of your building. Kindly contact us on, E-mail : emmy2410@gmail.com Phone : 07060602143
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
Drilling in Ifite, Awka Anambra State.

Drilling in Awka generally does not involve so much technicality as the targeted aquifer is not that deep, like between 90 - 150ft. The formation here is majorly of sands.

But Ifite area, especially around Unizik campus gate 3 area is an exception. In this area, getting water is very difficult because there is an extension of Enugu coal and Imo shale passing through it. We only have sands from the top down to like 10-20m and after that, it is coal/shale extending to like 1000ft(from previous drilling)

Hand dug well cannot be drilled pass this coal/shale formation thereby limiting the aquifer being tapped from to the top sands (less than 20m).

Drilling for water in a situation like this is not that tough but drillers should be well prepared for loss of circulation. To combat this wont be that easy considering the thickness of the coal or shale.

Attached are the result of my investigation in the area.

1 Share

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
happy sunday famzz wink
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
Someone's problem is another man's gain...this is what happens when drillers experience loss of circulation while drilling in sedimentary terrain.

In this situation, the chemical and water providers are always happy and smiling as you could end up spending twice the amount budgeted for them in tackling the situation.

Another method to tackle this is to introduce saw dust into the mud pit, this approach is very fast in sealing the pores leading to loss of circulation but it might leads to contamination of the water from that formation by giving it herbal taste...the water gets purer through consistent pumping out.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2017
Good morning wink
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
happy sunday
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
now on drilling and exploration work at Sapade, Ipara, Isara area of Remo North Abeokuta.

Will be in Ikorodu, Ajah tomorrow...

You can call on us now to book a date.

we ll always be at your service.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
happy sunday......
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 10:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
Drilling in Reno north no b small boy work o. I hope i cud share the experience here sha... wink wink
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by gateleo(m): 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
I have these questions to ask....

1. If my total drill is 55m...what should be the total meters of pipes to be install with the pump?

2. How many hp pump should be install? .5 or 1?

3. If you pump for like 40minutes and the pump stop pumping water while the pump is still running...what could be the problem and solutions...

Thanks
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
gateleo:
I have these questions to ask....

1. If my total drill is 55m...what should be the total meters of pipes to be install with the pump?

2. How many hp pump should be install? .5 or 1?

3. If you pump for like 40minutes and the pump stop pumping water while the pump is still running...what could be the problem and solutions...

Thanks

1) If the total drill is 55m, the installer might decide to install at 45m. He ll use his own discretion anyway, considering the formation of the area, the volume of water and the yield. In some instances, you can install very close to the total drill depth if the formation down there is strong and rocky.

2) The pump to install also depends on the yield. But most driller always go for a 0.75hp. It's a medium pump and it won't be too high or low. Also brand is very important. There are some brand that there 0.5hp is more powerful than another's 1.5hp.

3) This means the discharging rate is higher than the recharging. The pump has sucked all the water in the hole. You will ve to wait for some minutes for the hole to recharge again.
You have to control the pumping so that it won't burn your sumo pump. You can get a flow switch. This will automatically break the circuit after 40min and allow the hole to rest and regain water then start pumping again.

I hope i was able to pass some light out.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by remcoface: 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nice one @Larwin
Can we have list of few brand of the powerful pump ?

Thanks.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by gateleo(m): 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
Larwin:

1) If the total drill is 55m, the installer might decide to install at 45m. He ll use his own discretion anyway, considering the formation of the area, the volume of water and the yield. In some instances, you can install very close to the total drill depth if the formation down there is strong and rocky.

2) The pump to install also depends on the yield. But most driller always go for a 0.75hp. It's a medium pump and it won't be too high or low. Also brand is very important. There are some brand that there 0.5hp is more powerful than another's 1.5hp.

3) This means the discharging rate is higher than the recharging. The pump has sucked all the water in the hole. You will ve to wait for some minutes for the hole to recharge again.
You have to control the pumping so that it won't burn your sumo pump. You can get a flow switch. This will automatically break the circuit after 40min and allow the hole to rest and regain water then start pumping again.

I hope i was able to pass some light out.
Thanks.

Thanks bro...please where can I get the flow switch in Ibadan?
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
gateleo:

gateleo:

Flowswitch, go to iyawo 's place. It's behind Alalubosa Estate around iyaganku. I don't have their direct line. It's less than 10k. Then you ll have to pay the technician too. It's also known as timer. They might not know it as Flowswitch.
Some shops also have it around iworoad.

If you have difficulty in getting it, pls let me know
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
remcoface:
Nice one @Larwin
Can we have list of few brand of the powerful pump ?

Thanks.

Thanks remcoface
I actually prefer the rock pump. You know money is also a constraint here.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by remcoface: 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
Larwin:

Thanks remcoface
I actually prefer the rock pump. You know money is also a constraint here.

Agreed with you about money oh. Just few list of your preferred brand and if possible kindly include price as well.
Thanks.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
remcoface:

Agreed with you about money oh. Just few list of your preferred brand and if possible kindly include price as well.
Thanks.

ACI is also Gud, bought an 0.5 two days ago for 37k. It's 1hp should be around 45
Rock 1hp is around 45-50k
We also have the dab family... There around about 3 in this group. I actually don't like going for anything dab but they r also good.

Pls note these are pumps for domestic hole.

For real industrial borehole, you have to go for original Italian or German pump. These are in the range of 120-400k depending on the hp

1 Like

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by remcoface: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
Larwin:

ACI is also Gud, bought an 0.5 two days ago for 37k. It's 1hp should be around 45
Rock 1hp is around 45-50k
We also have the dab family... There around about 3 in this group. I actually don't like going for anything dab but they r also good.

Pls note these are pumps for domestic hole.

For real industrial borehole, you have to go for original Italian or German pump. These are in the range of 120-400k depending on the hp

Thank you very much for your respond it is greatly appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by sasquareT(m): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2017
Mr Larwin Nice job.
we go out today for a survey somewhere in Anambra state, Enugwu Ukwu to be specific.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
sasquareT:
Mr Larwin Nice job.
we go out today for a survey somewhere in Anambra state, Enugwu Ukwu to be specific.

Wow, how is the hydrological setting in that area
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by sasquareT(m): 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Larwin:

Wow, how is the hydrological setting in that area
yes the place has some hydrological challenge but it good.
the area is cover by Imo Shale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bungalow Design At Affordable Price Call Or Whatsap 08096365063 / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life / Twinstecks Electrical Accessories sale THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.