Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others (28467 Views)

Geotechincal / Geophysical Investigation,soil Test,pile Foundation,borehole Nig. / Neighbours Fight In Akwa-Ibom Because Of N300 Borehole Levy (photos) / Immediate Need For Borehole In Elebu, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
sasquareT:

yes the place has some hydrological challenge but it good.
the area is cover by Imo Shale

How far, have u analyzed the data, hw was it
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by sasquareT(m): 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Larwin:

How far, have u analyzed the data, hw was it
yes I did..
my recommendation was 105m +-25m.
but bro I still need some explanation on how the reading is been taking on Omega tetrameter, as that is not the one I use back then in my IT place
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
sasquareT:

yes I did..
my recommendation was 105m +-25m.
but bro I still need some explanation on how the reading is been taking on Omega tetrameter, as that is not the one I use back then in my IT place

Happy Easter bro
There is no difference nw, just that omega ll give u straight R, u ve to reformat yr data sheet. U don't need V and I again.

Also try to b keeping soft copy of yr data, they r valuable and u cud use them do lot of stuffs.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by sasquareT(m): 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
Larwin:

Happy Easter bro
There is no difference nw, just that omega ll give u straight R, u ve to reformat yr data sheet. U don't need V and I again.

Also try to b keeping soft copy of yr data, they r valuable and u cud use them do lot of stuffs.
tnx bro I appreciate...
why is it that one can not easily reach u on that your Watsap line?
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 6:39am On Apr 17, 2017
sasquareT:

tnx bro I appreciate...
why is it that one can not easily reach u on that your Watsap line?

Yea, have not been mobile lately with my whatsapp. I access it from the computer and it makes me return messages late a times after field work. But DAT is changing nw.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by sasquareT(m): 8:04am On Apr 17, 2017
Larwin:

Yea, have not been mobile lately with my whatsapp. I access it from the computer and it makes me return messages late a times after field work. But DAT is changing nw.
ok
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
sasquareT:

ok

Happy weekend bro, how is work going
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by FastShipping: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
Larwin:

Happy weekend bro, how is work going

I am running out of patience with you. Your empty promises need to stop. I hate to bring this issue here but you are about to force my hand. I am really angry with the way you are playing with me.

Last week gone without action as promised. This week has also gone without any action as promised as well. Words and promises mean nothing to you. You have broken all of your promises to me 100% of the time since the day you first promised to do survey and no word or promises you made since then that you haven't broken. It is almost a month you were told about this problem. It is you I gave the work to and not the people you claimed you sent to sort out this mess that haven't been able to sort it out.

I gave you this work and not the people you claim you sent to sort it out.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 11:09am On May 01, 2017
[quote author=FastShipping post=5604944[/quote]

sir, yr pump is ok sir. u dont have to get a new one.
we only remove the clogs.
we ll go back to install it and also run some tests as soon as possble.
thanks.

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by FastShipping: 9:17pm On May 01, 2017
Larwin:

i understand your feelings sir, i am already at your site now. I belief the problem will be fix today.

I heard they went there and pulled out the pump today. Whatever they do, just make sure they spend enough time there to finally sort out this problem. I know for sure that from the day this borehole was drilled, you and your crew haven't spent up to 5 hours doing this borehole when I heard 7-10 hours spent on other people's borehole in a day. Coming to the place to spend one hour and then disappear for two weeks won't solve this problem.

There is need to lower the pumping machine and pump the water out for at least 2 hours in the span of two to three days so we can all be happy at the end.

I told you I don't mind giving you money and getting my own Italian pump at the end but I can never trust anything you tell me and for that I won't buy a pump and hand it over to you or hand you money and let you continue dribbling me. You caused my doubt about you because you have broken all promises you made to me from day one.

When the borehole is done right, you can talk to me about money.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 9:11pm On May 02, 2017
FastShipping:

I heard they went there and pulled out the pump today. Whatever they do, just make sure they spend enough time there to finally sort out this problem. I know for sure that from the day this borehole was drilled, you and your crew haven't spent up to 5 hours doing this borehole when I heard 7-10 hours spent on other people's borehole in a day. Coming to the place to spend one hour and then disappear for two weeks won't solve this problem.

There is need to lower the pumping machine and pump the water out for at least 2 hours in the span of two to three days so we can all be happy at the end.

I told you I don't mind giving you money and getting my own Italian pump at the end but I can never trust anything you tell me and for that I won't buy a pump and hand it over to you or hand you money and let you continue dribbling me. You caused my doubt about you because you have broken all promises you made to me from day one.

FastShipping:

Sorry i haven't get back to you. I was there personally to pull out the pump. 26 riser pipes was used to your installation. That is about 320ft. To pull out alone wasn't a joke.

Am still examining the pump. Most likely you might not need to buy a new pump. I ll feed you back tomorrow after running a test on it.

There is nothing wrong with my work for you. You have a perfect hole. The problem we are facing now is you leaving the hole for long. Its a new hole that has not been serviced. A new hole will still have tiny sediments in it no matter how you flushed it and these sediments leave the hole through consistent pumping and time. When I drilled the hole I was told work is starting soon on the site that time. I never knew it will take up to 4 to 5 months. Some holes get free of all particles from first pumping but you should know it's nature.its not something one have control over.

Here the sediments had coagulate and started blocking pores in the hole. This was seen inside the pump too when i opened up the sieve.

Assuming its a sedimentary terrain, this could lead to stocking of the pump thereby condemning the hole.

I will salvage the situation here. You don't have to worry about a thing.

Also please stop saying I promise, I don't promise. What I do is technical work and I can only speak or advise technically.

On the issue of time, the machine we used didn't spent up to 5 hours. Being to the nature of the terrain. In other places, you can spent 5days on a job.

I know you are a good man and will justify whether to give me any money or not. But I ll accept any decision you make.

What really matters is getting the best and value out of the hole.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 10:10pm On May 04, 2017
@FastShipping
sir, yr pump is ok sir. u dont have to get a new one. we only remove the clogs. we ll go back to install it and also run some tests as soon as possble. thanks.

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by FastShipping: 10:39pm On May 04, 2017
Larwin:
@FastShipping

we ll go back to install it and also run some tests as soon as
possble.
thanks.

Good. I wait till you install the pump, pump water out of the hole for two straight hours and do another two hours after two days.

I won't get excited yet.

You're on right track for now.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by FastShipping: 1:34am On May 11, 2017
Larwin:
@FastShipping

we ll go back to install it and also run some tests as soon as
possble.
thanks.

We are still waiting for you to come back. When are you coming back?
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 10:59pm On May 15, 2017
FastShipping:

We are still waiting for you to come back. When are you coming back?

oh, sorry just seeing this.

we have been away on fieldwork in the east and wont want to send some of my hands. we never knew it take up this long.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 11:33pm On May 15, 2017
@FastShipping: some infos about the hole are here.
the standing water level is about 8m that is about 2 riser pipes (26ft). 25 riser pipes (about 325ft) were used for the installation.

It filled 25litrs in 33secs (discharge rate) we couldnt established the recharge rate.
the max pumping time as told was around 1hrs 30min before the pressure drop.

here r some pixs from the installation.
the first is the riser pipes used,
next is when 2 riser pipes alone was in the hole,
3rd was when the whole pipes was almost exhausted..

There is still space to lower the pump more with atleast 2pipes but the capacity of the pump will be a barrier.

the hole needs to be pumped consistently for now so that its pores can be active and thereby open up and also freeing it from the remaining particles.

I took the water sample for analysis, i will let u know later about the properties of the water.

thanks.

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by FastShipping: 1:36am On May 16, 2017
Larwin:
@FastShipping: some infos about the hole are here.
the standing water level is about 8m that is about 2 riser pipes (26ft). 25 riser pipes (about 325ft) were used for the installation.

It filled 25litrs in 33secs (discharge rate) we couldnt established the recharge rate.
the max pumping time as told was around 1hrs 30min before the pressure drop.

here r some pixs from the installation.
the first is the riser pipes used,
next is when 2 riser pipes alone was in the hole,
3rd was when the whole pipes was almost exhausted..

There is still space to lower the pump more with atleast 2pipes but the capacity of the pump will be a barrier.

the hole needs to be pumped consistently for now so that its pores can be active and thereby open up and also freeing it from the remaining particles.

I took the water sample for analysis, i will let u know later about the properties of the water.

thanks.

I just dont know why you always run away from site before completing work. Why didnt you at least wait for the pumping machine to pump water out so you witness it yourself before running away? It is a low yield borehole. You need to admit that. It is going to be hard to pump water twice a week. It is more like pumping it 1hr+ and twice a week. The last time water was pumped out of the borehole was like four weeks ago. To lose water pressure today after 1hr+ pumping means the borehole is a low yield.

Are you suggesting we get a higher HP pumping machine?
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:41am On May 16, 2017
FastShipping:

I just dont know why you always run away from site before completing work. Why didnt you at least wait for the pumping machine to pump water out so you witness it yourself before running away? It is a low yield borehole. You need to admit that. It is going to be hard to pump water twice a week. It is more like pumping it 1hr+ and twice a week. The last time water was pumped out of the borehole was like four weeks ago. To lose water pressure today after 1hr+ pumping means the borehole is a low yield.

Are you suggesting we get a higher HP pumping machine?

Its not like that, it was getting late and you know we are not based in abk. what we left them with is the pumping,

You cant know if its high yield or not in that context, what determines that is the recharge. if the recharge is very high than discharge, you know what that means. if discharge is higher than recharge thats another case.

This is where regulations comes in. your borehole can be programmed to be pumping water out at the recharging rate, and here you can be pumping 24hrs non stop, you will think you are having a good yield.

what we programmed there now is that we make sure you can get a 25ltrs within 33seconds. from my calculation that is 6000ltrs in 1 and half hr.

and of course the borehole will just undergo development now, the pores needs to be freed and the whole hole will improve.
I told them to pump it out again today so we can see how its recharging.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:04pm On May 16, 2017
@FastShipping: Sir, i just called your manager not long ago. i was told they were able to pump for 2hrs plus this morning. With this i think we can confirm that the borehole recharges really fast.

Leaving a borehole for 4 weeks or 4 years doesn't mean water will continue to accumulate inside the hole, there is a static level that the water will reach and it wont rise anymore. A quick view to illustrate this is a well, if you leave a well for long, the water in it cant rise above a particular level no matter how long you leave it. That is the water level.

He shared his fears about pump burning as that area is known for incessant pump in boreholes. I will suggest if we can get a flow-switch for the borehole to automatically control the pumping.

i dnt think You need to get a new pump.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by FastShipping: 12:14am On May 17, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by FastShipping: 12:15am On May 17, 2017
Larwin:
@FastShipping: Sir, i just called your manager not long ago. i was told they were able to pump for 2hrs plus this morning. With this i think we can confirm that the borehole recharges really fast.

Leaving a borehole for 4 weeks or 4 years doesn't mean water will continue to accumulate inside the hole, there is a static level that the water will reach and it wont rise anymore. A quick view to illustrate this is a well, if you leave a well for long, the water in it cant rise above a particular level no matter how long you leave it. That is the water level.

He shared his fears about pump burning as that area is known for incessant pump in boreholes. I will suggest if we can get a flow-switch for the borehole to automatically control the pumping.

i dnt think You need to get a new pump.

Okay, lets do automatic control switch. You spoke about it before but never followed up on it. How much are we talking about?

I still want to know if I should bring 1hp Italian pumping machine for better service and production.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 7:37am On May 17, 2017
FastShipping:

Okay, lets do automatic control switch. You spoke about it before but never followed up on it. How much are we talking about?

I still want to know if I should bring 1hp Italian pumping machine for better service and production.

the switch should be around 30k now.

yea you can get the pump on standby so we can switch to it in case this present one misbehave.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 6:50am On May 18, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 9:47pm On May 18, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 9:56am On May 23, 2017
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by timbex96(m): 11:50am On May 23, 2017
@ Larwin Good day sir, do you know any geophysical company I can don't IT in Lagos, preferably near alimosho/ isolo area.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 11:08pm On May 23, 2017
timbex96:
@ Larwin Good day sir, do you know any geophysical company I can don't IT in Lagos, preferably near alimosho/ isolo area.

Okay, i ll try and checkout for you,
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:54pm On May 25, 2017
See the mad overburden shocked shocked shocked Owode-Ede tongue

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:28am On May 27, 2017
Ramadan Kareem to all our Muslim followers/clients.... wink
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 12:28pm On May 28, 2017
Happy Blessed Sunday
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Eu24(m): 12:41pm On May 28, 2017
5Shops for sale in Alimosho, Lagos

Business needed in this area.
Super market, Restaurant, Automobile center, Car wash, medical Lap, Bar/Club, warehouse, building of 2/3 story for rental, or Offices.. many more business is good to go on this location. Buyer if u are wondering.. Go check lagos map.. Alimosho is close to Abule-Egba, Ikeja Airport, Oshodi, Etc on a major road Abeokute Express Way. Ve 5Shops on this land ever thought they old. But on a Strategic location with Conner piece measuring 113,740Sqmtrs. Address 2 Abeokuta street, Oko-Odo Pleasure bus/Stop. Lagos

Title
deed of assignment
Survey Plan

Asking price is 4.5m buyer can make me offer after visiting this place, Call me., 09032200405, 08145969654

Do not mind the picture we can visit this property for serious buyer. Thanks n God bless
Mr EU Ezeani

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by FastShipping: 12:48pm On May 28, 2017
Larwin:

the switch should be around 30k now.

yea you can get the pump on standby so we can switch to it in case this present one misbehave.

I still maintain my promise to compensate you for coming back to fix the problem. I just need to wait and see how the borehole produces for the next few weeks. I want to see if there is need to buy 1hp Italian pump.

Let's wait and see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bungalow Design At Affordable Price Call Or Whatsap 08096365063 / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life / Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.