Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches (4725 Views)

Funny Testimony In Nigeria Churches / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Easyy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2006
Akolawole:

@Eassy

Was my statement directed to you?
Are you the entity everyone?

The house of God has been completely turned to another thing.

This can't be gospel of the old?

Akolawole,

please check the meaning of everyone.

back to the subject, Akolawole, please read those scriptures in context and come back to tell us the meaning of what you read. Perhaps, you can enlighten us a bit grin
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2006
mide2:

The house of God remains, We don't have to remain in the dark ages to prove that we are righteous, as all our righteousness is like filthy rags before Him, Its only the righteousness of Jesus in us Christians that would count on Judgement day.
I don't support being semi nude to church though. I think thats over doing things.

1) House of God remains?
I beg
House of God stinks.

2) But you know nudity exist in our churches. Isnt it?
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2006
@ Anti-Old testament guys

The most prominent  significant change between the Old and new testament is the remmission of sins. in which blood of Jesus came to replace  ram et al.

Are we saying Tithing as revealed in Malachi is old-fashioned?

Are we saying the promise of Holy spirit in the book of Joel which was manifested in Act of Apostle old fashioned or irrelivant?
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Aggressa(m): 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2006
@Akolawole,
I wonder why you are been delibrately dyslexic to the responses including the explanations you've been given. Or is it poor understanding? Has anybody told you old-testament is not revealing or relevant, before you start calling some people "anti-old testament" guys? The fact that people say, simplistically, that we are in the dispensation of grace and not of law does not mean OT is not relevant. Various responses have been given in response to your question from their own understanding, and you should respect that even if you dont agree. I have not seen any response that warrants name calling here. You've been told the purpose of the law of OT is to reveal christ or lead to christ; various promises or prophesies in OT including Psalms revealed the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ. I dont know of any responses that say specifically that OT is no longer relevant!
You know, self-righteousness makes you judge others based on your own limited or confounded understanding; and it is one of the easiest ways' to incur the wrath of God, simply because it makes you proud.
You are not showing much wisdom in your posts, whether you are a Christian or muslim.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2006
Havila:

You know, self-righteousness makes you judge others based on your own limited or confounded understanding; and it is one of the easiest ways' to incur the wrath of God, simply because it makes you proud.
You are not showing much wisdom in your posts, whether you are a Christian or muslim

Clap for yourself grin

I am a christian.

Righteous ke? I am no where near that, in fact if there is rapture today, i will be in trouble.

Remember the topic of the thread originally(Now Seun has ammended it) was why? and when bla bla bla.

Quote from Mide2
The bible was written especially the old testament in context of the jewish culture because then they tot like evryone else that the world ends in your community

But due to modernisation and exposure cultures are mixed, and we don't have to base our judgement of wots right or wrong on cultural bias.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by mrpataki(m): 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2006
Wisdom cries out in the street seeking for whom will come and get her.

My people perish because they lack wisdom.

Uhmm
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2006
I will like to quote a respected man of God on one "covering one's head".

Quoting Pastor Adeboye in one of his tape[ I am not a member of Redeem]

" I know my daughters will not agree with me, You should cover your head at all times because of falling angels, You can always wear very beautiful hats from Paris, United states etc "

He advice the congregation to cover their head not only in church but beyond.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Aggressa(m): 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2006
@Akolawole,
Thanks for that quotation from Pastor Adeboye. Now answer thse questions:

(1) Did Pastor Adeboye say that the born-again sisters who do not cover their head are in Sin?

(2) Did he say they will not make heaven because they refuse to cover their head?

(3) Did he say the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is of no effect to the sisters who do not cover their head

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying Pastor Adeboye is wrong, I totally understand what he meant. Whether a born-again sister covers her hair or not has nothing to do with her salvation. It is a moral issue which depends on her conviction.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Seun(m): 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2006
" I know my daughters will not agree with me, You should cover your head at all times because of falling angels, You can always wear very beautiful hats from Paris, United states etc "
Can you enlighten us further on these fallen angels and their affinity for female hair?
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by mrpataki(m): 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2006
@ Akolawole,
You seem to amaze me, with the high level of intelligence you always seem to display, you can come here and be saying this out, please since when did a man of God become the all embracing finality/definition to a topic?

I hate it when even the socalled christians who are expected to know better, comeout and spew rubbish.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2006
Seun:

Can you enlighten us further on these fallen angels and their affinity for female hair?

hahah. cheesy

Maybe I should get a colorful hajab to make Akolewale happy.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2006
The bible was talking about Cross-dressers (rampant in the heathen communities that surrounded the israelites) in that reference tto men wearing women's cllothes and vice versa. Essentially: Dont start acting like them.

In those days, women wore what you now call "trousers". From the verse Akolawole quoted, "breeches" (as defined by the Old English in which the KJV was written) refer to Trousers ending above the knee. And the men wore "skirts".

This "women are wearing trousers" sh!it has got to stop. I think its rubbish, cos women's clothing is defined by their immediate environment, and usually everybody in that envirtonment agrees when it is noticed that a man is wearing a woman's clothes (cross-dressing) and vice versa.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2006
mrpataki:

Wisdom cries out in the street seeking for whom will come and get her.
My people perish because they lack wisdom.
mrpataki:

who are expected to know better, comeout and spew rubbish.

My friend,

It is not compulsory for you to agree with me.

In a public forum like this, it is expected for contributors to share their views. It is not a win-win situation.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 12:01am On Dec 13, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

Maybe I should get a colorful hajab to make Akolewale happy.

Yes now.

Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 12:07am On Dec 13, 2006
@Seun

Long time your excellency?
Your question is offtopic here grin

Havila:

@Akolawole,
Thanks for that quotation from Pastor Adeboye. Now answer thse questions:

(1) Did Pastor Adeboye say that the born-again sisters who do not cover their head are in Sin?

(2) Did he say they will not make heaven because they refuse to cover their head?

(3) Did he say the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is of no effect to the sisters who do not cover their head

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying Pastor Adeboye is wrong, I totally understand what he meant. Whether a born-again sister covers her hair or not has nothing to do with her salvation. It is a moral issue which depends on her conviction.

So you understand what he meant?
I rest my case.

Why are you linking this to salvation?
I have never link this to salvation at all.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:08am On Dec 13, 2006
I said colorful.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 12:37am On Dec 13, 2006
Madam colourful.

Em

Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by rikkyjen(m): 12:43am On Dec 13, 2006
Akolawole in this thread? Baba ibadan! what are you doing here?C'mon lets go exchange banters,taunts and arguements bout chelsea loosing to 'em toons tommorrow.

I never knew Akolawole is also a religious jingoist.Forget all this jingoism, fanaticism and em smss cheesy dat is synonymous wit religion. Basically, religious thread smacks of hypocrisy and controversies! ofcourse, in threads like this its a no victor no vanquished stuff.

Abeg, comot for here and jam me in the sports forum. Am waiting ooo, cheesy wink
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by nubian(m): 12:52am On Dec 13, 2006
Akolawole, has a closed mind when it comes to issues of morality, he thinks his "sense of right and wrong " is the only correct one

I remember his inability to see lesbianism , homosexuality and threesomes from a broader perspective. He has to learn that whilst you may disagree with others on these issues , you have to "let them be with thier perversions",

Now i guess he feels that hisopinion about scrfs in church is the only right one, of course he would fanatically quote the bible as his moral reference point, his mind is inflexible and unaccomodating
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:53am On Dec 13, 2006
See I perfer that one. blue and white together is pretty.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2006
rikkyjen:

(1) in threads like this its a no victor no vanquished stuff.

(2) Abeg, comot for here and jam me in the sports forum. Am waiting ooo, cheesy wink

1) I wonder why members try to win at all cost, it should be share your views and move on.
Religious jingoist ke? No be me o grin

2) You wey don run commot from sports. Sports section is not the same way as before and one of the reason is Oldies like you left with no reason.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2006
nubian:

(1) Akolawole, has a closed mind when it comes to issues of morality, he thinks his "sense of right and wrong " is the only correct one

(2) I remember his inability to see lesbianism , homosexuality and threesomes from a broader perspective. He has to learn that whilst you may disagree with others on these issues , you have to "let them be with their perversions",

(3) Now i guess he feels that hisopinion about scrfs in church is the only right one, of course he would fanatically quote the bible as his moral reference point, his mind is inflexible and unaccomodating

Eh!

You may not like my views.
I will never be accommodating to homosexuality, lesbianism and all those nonsense. Few years ago, i have few colleagues who are such, i work well with them, NEVER WILL I WANT THAT TO BE LEGALISED IN MY COUNTRY. Must every rubbish that exist in the west come to naija?, I AM READY TO CARRY PLACARD AND WALK BARE-FOOTED FROM Ibadan to Abuja bare-footed in protest.

2) I have never say " i am the correct one, in fact if there is rapture today, i wont make heaven because i am not doing fully what Bible ask me to do.

Few people agreed with me on the subject:

[
b]QUOTE FROM WILFEM
[/b]
I don't even know what to say/write, because this particular issue about Christianity bothers me a lot. I also wonder why many of our ladies are not taking this issue so serious and whenever you tries to preach about those issues to them, most of them will tell you that "Dressing is a matter of the heart" and that "God doesn't look at the outward appearance" So they can dress the way they like, anyway, I totally disagree with all these. But from my own observations, I think the issue has now became more of a doctrinal issue, which differs from one Church to another. No wonder why some Churches preaches against them while some doesn't.
Another factor I think is responsible for all these immorallities by the ladies has to do with their motives, some of them could deliberately dress provocatively with the ulterior motive of seducing someone, which could be a Pastor or a brother so as to have their way. Other factors responsible are; Inferiority complex, all with the thoughts and feelings that they're fashionable, and that it makes them "look smarter" Above all, it depends on the level of spirituality of individuals and there's this general saying that "The spiritual controls the physical". So it is my prayer that God will open the "spiritul eyes" of those who indulges in those abominable acts and that they'll change for good. (Amen)
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2006
And another few that agreed with me:

QUOTE FROM VICTORIANO
Well, let us not get worked up. One thing that we shuld ALWAYS remember is that we're in the last day. People will call good evil & evil good. Take it or leave it. Many churches are hiding under the cloak of "oh jesus we love you" but lack elementry knowledge of d same jesus. Some women, pastors and parents are knowngly/unknowngly leadng many to doom (isa.9:16/matt15:14/ jer.5:30,31)
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by mrpataki(m): 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2006
Akolawole:

My friend,

It is not compulsory for you to agree with me.

In a public forum like this, it is expected for contributors to share their views. It is not a win-win situation.

Since you have decided to add the My friend terminology in addressing me, i will use the same on you.
My friend,
next time you are asked a question, it would be most decent of you to either say you have no immediate response to it or you don't have a clue as to the answer.

Now, i asked you a question which is:
please since when did a man of God become the all embracing finality/definition to a topic?

you raised this topic for whatever reason you had in mind, i asked you a simple question, you give me win-win theory. I am not in a business seminar class. I need clarificatioins on that question.
As well, i am highly interested in the answer to the question raised by Seun which you as well dodged. In case you don't seem to remember, i will qoute it here again:
PLease i will be most delighted to get a response soonest.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2006
@Seun

Fallen Angels are ONCE part of host of heaven but they defile themselves hence relegated.

Satan is a prominent one.

In the book of Ezekiel chapter 28, the bible described Satan as a model of perfection, beauty et al but he defiled himself.

Is it clearer now? grin
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by donnie(m): 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2006
Akolowale,

If i may ask, did the scripture in talking about women covering their hair, say they should do so because of the 'fallen angels' or because of the 'angels'. According to my bible, not all the angels in the world today are 'fallen angels'. We have those who are sent to serve us who are the heirs of salvation. So, your answer pls, ( if you do not know that passage of scripture, i can help you out)
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2006
donnie:

If i may ask, did the scripture in talking about women covering their hair, say they should do so because of the 'fallen angels' or because of the 'angels'. According to my bible, not all the angels in the world today are 'fallen angels'. We have those who are sent to serve us who are the heirs of salvation. So, your answer please, ( if you do not know that passage of scripture, i can help you out)

Can you go to the post where i first mention the word fallen angels?

Am i qouting the bible there?
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by rezzy: 3:43am On Dec 25, 2006
The bible says clothes partaining to men, and did nt mention any clothes in particular.The way we have men and women singlet,pants,polo,T shirt that is the same way we have women's trousers.cos i believe in some country men do put on skirt . Though i dont put on trousers,but i dont see any thing wrong in it. But the kind of trousers girls put on to church these days is not good especially in Christ embassy and Winners . I cant go to church without covering my head cos the bible made it very clear in Corinthians.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2006
Most of the ladies need husband sharp sharp, whetin you expect from them? smiley
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by diddy4(m): 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2006
go to church and handle the b'ness you went there to handle. im sure you aint there to look for those wearing 'em trousers and whatnot. if the church allows such to exist, who are we to oppose? i believe if the church found it wrong, they would have done something about it but they aint doing nothing about it so i guess they dont see it as wrong. over here where im at, ladies wear pants and stuff to church. only those from africa find it as importance to cover there hair. the world is changing. gone are the days when it was stressed, if you a lady wearing pants, dont venture to near the church premises. nowadays, it is do what you do it aint our b'ness.
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by trinigirl1(f): 4:40am On Dec 26, 2006
@Akolawale

lmao!! what utter rubbish!! grin
Re: Trousers And Scarflessness In Nigeria Churches by Akolawole(m): 3:50am On Dec 27, 2006
trini_girl:

@Akolawale

lmao!! what utter rubbish!! grin

What is rubbish madam?

My stand/Topic or what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For The Atheist / Idol Worship In Today's World / Anita Oyakhilome Rolls On The Floor As Her Husband Ministers (2004 Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.