Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Why You Were Denied Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Were Denied Visa (1662 Views)

UK Grandmother Laments After Her Younger Nigerian Husband Is Denied Visa. Photos / African Business Summit In US has No African Delegates. Their Visas Were Denied / Will I Be Denied Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Were Denied Visa by jecksenterprise(m): 4:18am On Jul 20, 2016
My name is Samuel Egbuka, a past CYFI (Carrignton Youth Fellowshi Initiative) fellow. I've been privileged to chat with some consular officers as to why Nigerians are denied visas. U.S. Mission received more than 138,578 applications for non-immigrant travel to the U.S. for the 2015 fiscal year, which started in October, 2014. Abuja Consular Office process about 400 visa applications everyday from Monday to Friday, while the Lagos Consulate office process about 900 applications daily.

Here are some of the reasons why your visa was denied.
1. Mistakes. Mistakes occur in the visa adjudication process that may lead to denials. The mistakes usually occur when applicants are not able to provide convincing evidence about their social and economic ties to Nigeria and purpose of visit to the U.S.
2. Failure to provide viable reason as to why you want to travel. You must give reasons why you want to leave the country. “Some people come to the embassy without having enough reasons to show why they want to travel to the U.S.
3. Response to interview questions. When a question, such as ‘do you have a relation in the US?’ Most often, they are quick to say ‘yes’, which of course, is in order. “Such an answer creates doubt that since the person has a relation, there is every tendency that the person may not want to come back. So visas can be rejected on that ground.
4. Fake documents. Some Nigerians are so desperate in their desire to travel abroad that they provide false documents to strengthen their application. Usually they are quickly detected by visa officers and eventually their requests for visas are denied. The most unlucky ones get a travel ban into such country for several years as a penalty for presenting fake documents.
5. Composure. This is one of the most vital qualities a consular officer look out for. How relaxed you are and your ability to flow with them during interview.
Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by dlashondra(f): 4:38am On Jul 20, 2016
so true, self confidence is the key ,when going for any interview,be it job,visa,scholarship etc, be confidence ,believe in urself, don't be scared. if u are scared you will not be able to answer most questions ask,even when u know the answer.
believe in yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by Sirmuel1(m): 6:18am On Jul 20, 2016
Very well said!
Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by justwise(m): 6:22am On Jul 20, 2016
@jecksenterprise

Is this your personal account or you copied this from another article?

I think i have read this here before..

Please reference it if you got it elsewhere...
Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by jecksenterprise(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2016
Copied what? I challenge you to post a link if you claim to have seen it. Perhaps, there's another Samuel Egbuka I don't know.
Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
jecksenterprise:
My name is Samuel Egbuka, a past CYFI (Carrignton Youth Fellowshi Initiative) fellow. I've been privileged to chat with some consular officers as to why Nigerians are denied visas. U.S. Mission received more than 138,578 applications for non-immigrant travel to the U.S. for the 2015 fiscal year, which started in October, 2014. Abuja Consular Office process about 400 visa applications everyday from Monday to Friday, while the Lagos Consulate office process about 900 applications daily.

Here are some of the reasons why your visa was denied.
1. Mistakes. Mistakes occur in the visa adjudication process that may lead to denials. The mistakes usually occur when applicants are not able to provide convincing evidence about their social and economic ties to Nigeria and purpose of visit to the U.S.
2. Failure to provide viable reason as to why you want to travel. You must give reasons why you want to leave the country. “Some people come to the embassy without having enough reasons to show why they want to travel to the U.S.
3. Response to interview questions. When a question, such as ‘do you have a relation in the US?’ Most often, they are quick to say ‘yes’, which of course, is in order. “Such an answer creates doubt that since the person has a relation, there is every tendency that the person may not want to come back. So visas can be rejected on that ground.
4. Fake documents. Some Nigerians are so desperate in their desire to travel abroad that they provide false documents to strengthen their application. Usually they are quickly detected by visa officers and eventually their requests for visas are denied. The most unlucky ones get a travel ban into such country for several years as a penalty for presenting fake documents
5. Composure. This is one of the most vital qualities a consular officer look out for. How relaxed you are and your ability to flow with them during interview.

Copied word for word
Some Nigerians are so desperate in their desire to travel abroad that they provide false documents to strengthen their application. Usually they are quickly detected by visa officers and eventually their requests for visas are denied. The most unlucky ones get a travel ban into such country for several years as a penalty for presenting fake docs.

Some applicants are being rejected because of their answers during interviews. For example, a lot of people response positively when being asked if they had any friends or relatives in the state they were going to visit. The consular officer may reason out that since the applicant has a relation abroad, there is a tendency the person may not want to return home, so they get their applications rejected
Read more: https://www.naij.com/373554-why-nigerians-are-denied-visas.html
Read more: https://www.naij.com/373554-why-nigerians-are-denied-visas.html
Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
there is every tendency that the person may not want to come back.

there is a tendency the person may not want to return home

i don't think he copied them from that source
Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by claremont(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
He copied parts of his write-up from this article by the US Consulate https://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/nigerians-are-refused-american-visas-because-they-have-not-visited-other-countries-us-vice-consul/, Nos 3 point was copied word for word with no intellectual shame.

1 Like

Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by jecksenterprise(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
Initially I thought I was accused of listing someone else's post without referencing him/her. Now I have no intellectual shame cause I tried sharing what I found out. I've seen people fight to the amusement of others on this forum and won't want to indulge anybody. Like I said, I was provileged to chat with a consular officer who gave me some reasons, and I also did few research online to get more reasons. I don't see how that is an office or portrays me as a daft. I joined this forum to share my ideas and also learn from others, not fight for no trophy.
Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
claremont:
He copied parts of his write-up from this article by the US Consulate https://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/nigerians-are-refused-american-visas-because-they-have-not-visited-other-countries-us-vice-consul/, Nos 3 point was copied word for word with no intellectual shame.

You are absolutely right! When that article was published many bloggers flooded this section with it...i think one made frontpage then as i can remember.
Re: Why You Were Denied Visa by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
justwise:
@jecksenterprise

Is this your personal account or you copied this from another article?

I think i have read this here before..

Please reference it if you got it elsewhere...

jecksenterprise:
Initially I thought I was accused of listing someone else's post without referencing him/her. Now I have no intellectual shame cause I tried sharing what I found out. I've seen people fight to the amusement of others on this forum and won't want to indulge anybody. Like I said, I was provileged to chat with a consular officer who gave me some reasons, and I also did few research online to get more reasons. I don't see how that is an office or portrays me as a daft. I joined this forum to share my ideas and also learn from others, not fight for no trophy.

That was exactly what i asked you to do before but you came out acting as if you wrote that article.

You did not chat to any consular, that article has been online for ages.

Plagiarism is a really bad thing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Get From Yaba To Oregun And Then To Egbeda / Japan Debuts New Bullet Train That Can Run During An Earthquake / My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.