Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,688 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference (7795 Views)

Buhari Receives Amano, DG Of International Atomic Energy Agency (Pics) / Tell Him To Stop Harassing My Family - Turai Yar'adua Tells OBJ / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
Remii:

Atomic energy release is called radiation which can cause cancer if one is exposed to it enough. that is the main reason for non usage of nuclear weapons. atomic energy agencies regulates use and operation of radiation generating equipment and activities all over the world, these includes medical X ray, chemoteraphy, etc. It is possible that as part of control and mitigation of effect of emission the agency have fund for cancer management so her visit maybe relevant.

o yea thats true

I no even think go that side.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Beaf: 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
Dis Guy:

Was wondering the same too BUT she with some NGOs are building an international cancer Centre
so there's a link

This is the sort of heavy duty stuff going on in Vienna. No other idiots are there talking about cancer therapy.

Iran atomic chief says ready to defend nuclear facilities
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-09/15/content_12058879.htm

Iran Agrees to New Talks With 6 Global Powers
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/14/AR2009091402433.html
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2009
Uumm . . .  El Baradai's appointment has to do with his Education and experience. Definitely not all those who work in the nuclear sector are physicists, Lawyers and doctors, and even IT people who have little maths skills work in that sector as well. So let us not play it as if the appointment of a lawyer means just about anyone qualifies. You do not take a woman off the street somewhere to represent you at such a conference. I am certain Turai is educated but not ALL educated people or types of education will qualify one for such a conference. By the way, this is nothing about her being a woman.

If you visit the IAEA site and read some of the discussions in vienna this month, one would realize some that those who are there need to have some level of understanding of what is going on. Unless she took some quick review courses or something, I remain that I would have rather have read that we sent some of our top scientists ( not even yar adua as main person ) to represent us. Now if she is just TAGGING ALONG, then I will be relieved. IAEA is not for jokes. This is really serious stuff, especially in the world we live in today and it is hightime we start taking these things seriously.

http://www.iaea.org/
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Beaf: 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
Turai is only there to make a fool of the whole Nigeria.
Does this sound like cancer research for NGO's?

"Reporting from Vienna and Beirut - Iran on Wednesday handed over a package of proposals for possible talks with world powers about its nuclear program, but it gave no indication that the offer would include discussions on halting its enrichment of uranium as demanded by the United Nations Security Council.

In Vienna, the United States and its European allies again condemned Iran's nuclear activities, noting that Iran has crossed or is close to the threshold for assembling enough fissile material to make one atomic bomb."
shocked

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iran-nukes10-2009sep10,0,890061.story

Damn!
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Uumm . . .  El Baradai's appointment has to do with his Education and experience. Definitely not all those who work in the nuclear sector are physicists, Lawyers and doctors, and even IT people who have little maths skills work in that sector as well. So let us not play it as if the appointment of a lawyer means just about anyone qualifies. You do not take a woman off the street somewhere to represent you at such a conference. I am certain Turai is educated but not ALL educated people or types of education will qualify one for such a conference. By the way, this is nothing about her being a woman.

If you visit the IAEA site and read some of the discussions in vienna this month, one would realize some that those who are there need to have some level of understanding of what is going on. Unless she took some quick review courses or something, I remain that I would have rather have read that we sent some of our top scientists ( not even yar adua as main person ) to represent us. Now if she is just TAGGING ALONG, then I will be relieved. IAEA is not for jokes. This is really serious stuff, especially in the world we live in today and it is hightime we start taking these things seriously.
http://www.iaea.org/
Seconded.I dnt knw i have some1 here that shares d same view with moi.We need serious overhauling
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nduchucks: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2009
nigerians be nigeria's worst enemies.  many people wey dey comment here dey too lazy to find out whether our Nuclear experts dey attend de conference as well.  Turai no go attend de technical sessions, but una dey here foolishly dey make assumption.  de report wey original poster site wrote dis:
Mrs. Turai would also hold discussions with officials of the IAEA on the agency's Programme of Action Against Cancer Theraphy (PACT) on behalf of her International Cancer Centre, Abuja

all her meetings na in her capacity as first lady, and she get vested interest for de International Cancer Centre way dey for Abuja. noting wrong with make she go lobby for research money and tools. the technical experts wey follow go de conference go handle the technical aspects. make una leave Turai alone.  if una no like de government, make una organize and vote dem commot for office.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by naylove(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
lets wait and find  out what she brings back from the conference b4 we decide if she made a mistake going there. even though i don't feel its in her natural capacity to fill in such a role.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Beaf: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2009
ndu_chucks:

nigerians be nigeria's worst enemies. many people wey dey comment here dey too lazy to find out whether our Nuclear experts dey attend de conference as well. Turai no go attend de technical sessions, but una dey here foolishly dey make assumption. de report wey original poster site wrote dis:

all her meetings na in her capacity as first lady, and she get vested interest for de International Cancer Centre way dey for Abuja. noting wrong with make she go lobby for research money and tools. the technical experts wey follow go de conference go handle the technical aspects. make una leave Turai alone. if una no like de government, make una organize and vote dem commot for office.

We no say she no go attend any technical sessions. She will be too busy shopping to death with stolen money. Why not just go London, Paris, New York wen we know say all kleptocrats prefer?
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by back2back(f): 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2009
naylove:

lets wait and find  out what she brings back from the conference b4 we decide if she made a mistake going there. even though i don't feel its in her natural capacity to fill in such a role.

we don't need to WAIT. We know it is useless.

Adeboye went to pray at UN

Our first goes to Vienna to discuss Nuclear issue.

Yet at home we Nigerians have no electricity, good, road.

Do you really think they will take your prayers and discussions serious

what a laughing stock we are!!
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by MrCrackles(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2009
Topic
To do what shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by AjaraEwuro: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
fu cking, foolish, stupid, unfortunate and im becilistic Nigerians. what do they know? When has it become an offence for someone to attend an international conference? Do you guys think at all? Who said she is representing Nigeria? Who said there are no other attendees from Nigeria? Who said she is claiming to be an atomic expert? Whats wrong with you people who reasons from one side of your brains?

She has a reason for being there - to meet other first ladies and promote her cancer programme- this is gone beyond common sense to complete tribalistic arguments and innuendoes - Foolish folks.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by MrCrackles(m): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

fu cking, foolish, stupid, unfortunate and im becilistic Nigerians. what do they know? When has it become an offence for someone to attend an international conference? Do you guys think at all? Who said she is representing Nigeria? Who said there are no other attendeed from Nigeria? Who said she is claiming to be an atomic expert? Whats wrong with you people who reasons from one side of your brains?
Will you shut the fuc.k up and stop ranting like a pepper grinding machine. . .
Throwing tantrums like you Kanye West! cool
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by lawrence83: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
naylove:

What really do u want to hear?

nothing more than a press conference!

and spit rubbish from her mouth!

just a means to move more money into the accounts. that's my country for you

pls keep expecting me, am on my way, i will even attend conference for packing shit grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nduchucks: 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
Beaf:

We no say she no go attend any technical sessions. She will be too busy shopping to death with stolen money. Why not just go London, Paris, New York wen we know say all kleptocrats prefer?

Beaf, I no get patience for people wey get groundnut sized brain o, i don warn you now. i go advise you make you sef begin organize to vote dem comot for office to show ya frustration, no come here dey disrespect our first lady.  we know say some of una dey come from ghana and other puny states, come dey take style insult us here.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by kuramo: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2009
Turai is probably using the Vienna visit as a cover for a rendezvous with her boyfriend, she has allegedly been known to play away in the past, please don't ask me with whom.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic
To do what shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

Honestly if 2 say i knw i for tell u o bros grin . i am still on the internet trying to confirm her reasons for that move. cheesy grin wink
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Beaf: 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, I no get patience for people wey get groundnut sized brain o, i don warn you now. i go advise you make you sef begin organize to vote dem comot for office to show ya frustration, no come here dey disrespect our first lady.  we know say some of una dey come from ghana and other puny states, come dey take style insult us here.

JJC like you. You wan begin form holy guy and defender of the Turai empire. Don't let me make you sad o! I be heavyweight verbal boxing champ.

Who come from Ghana? Don't let me give you dental re-arrangement by virtue of a wicked left hook!

You go wound o!
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by MrCrackles(m): 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2009
nethacker:

Honestly if 2 say i knw i for tell u o bros grin . i am still on the internet trying to confirm her reasons for that move. cheesy grin wink
When you find out please let me know. . . . grin
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by lawrence83: 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

Will you shut the fuc.k up and stop ranting like a pepper grinding machine. . .
Throwing tantrums like you Kanye West! cool
which kanye? na pasuma jo

leave am make him de rant
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2009
kuramo:

Turai is probably using the Vienna visit as a cover for a rendezvous with her boyfriend, she has allegedly been known to play away in the past, please don't ask me with whom.
pls can u tell us abeg grin my ears dey for ground cheesy
pppssseeewwwww !!!Off i am to the internet to look for infos on Turai the playGurl grin
ndu_chucks:

Guy u r just not okay at all.I am confirming to u that your medula oblangata is just colourless(not the normal brain colour) grin
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by emmydee(m): 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2009
I already feel like purging. wat is actually wrong wit this country?
Wat is Madam Turai going to discuss wit those people?

Mediocrity!

Tufiakwa!
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nduchucks: 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2009
nethacker:

pls can u tell us abeg grin my ears dey for ground cheesy
pppssseeewwwww !!!Off i am to the internet to look for infos on Turai the playGurl ;DGuy u r just not okay at all.I am confirming to u that your medula oblangata is just colourless(not the normal brain colour) grin

ol'boy/gal, you dey funny, but you no make any point wey worth comment.

Beaf:

JJC like you. You wan begin form holy guy and defender of the Turai empire. Don't let me make you sad o! I be heavyweight verbal boxing champ.

Beaf, e be like say you be character, i go tell you which kind soon enough, and by de way, na wettin be jjc. but in all seriousness,  many a first lady dey represent their husbands for dis kinds of conference. e dey disrespectful to begin bad mouth Turai because she dey perform her duty as first lady. every fool know say she no be nuclear expert, i confirm dat fact because, you sef imply de same ting - i sure say you no be albert einstein. cheesy

i go repeat myself, make una begin organize politically, if una get de smarts to organize and drive yar'adua  and pdp comot for office.  if una no fit respect de first lady of our dear country, at least make una show small respect for de office of first lady. shikena
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, e be like say you be character, i go tell you which kind soon enough, and by de way, na wettin be jjc. but in all seriousness,  many a first lady dey represent their husbands for dis kinds of conference. e dey disrespectful to begin bad mouth Turai because she dey perform her duty as first lady. every fool know say she no be nuclear expert, i confirm dat fact because, you sef imply de same ting - i sure say you no be albert einstein. cheesy

i go repeat myself, make una begin organize politically, if una get de smarts to organize and drive yar'adua  and pdp comot for office.  if una no fit respect de first lady of our dear country, at least make una show small respect for de office of first lady. shikena
come down to our level Oga
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Gekko(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
kuramo:

Whoa! shocked Does she pay for play?
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Beaf: 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, e be like say you be character, i go tell you which kind soon enough, and by de way, na wettin be jjc. but in all seriousness,  many a first lady dey represent their husbands for dis kinds of conference. e dey disrespectful to begin bad mouth Turai because she dey perform her duty as first lady. every fool know say she no be nuclear expert, i confirm dat fact because, you sef imply de same ting.

Save yourself by naming just one other first lady at the nuclear conference or shut the f uck up. No other govt is this stupid and it is due to stupid Nigerians like you that she has pulled it off.

What makes you think I'm bothered with Yar Adua and PDP? You better start educating yourself on what is good and bad about the country before you open your alligator lips and talk bullshit. Is the govt not stealing? Or are you their spokesperson? Fool.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2009
Beaf:

Save yourself by naming just one other first lady at the nuclear conference or shut the f uck up. No other govt is this stupid and it is due to stupid Nigerians like you that she has pulled it off.

What makes you think I'm bothered with Yar Adua and PDP? You better start educating yourself on what is good and bad about the country before you open your alligator lips and talk bullshit. Is the govt not stealing? Or are you their spokesperson? Fool.
wouldnt have said it better dear
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nduchucks: 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
Beaf:

you fit call me any name wey you want, but me i prefer not to get personal because if i jam people like you for road sef, you go faint before i talk.  smiley  again, what is intrinsically wrong with make una respect de office of our first lady, even if una no respect e lady. first lady go conference to go drum up support for worthy NGO, una dey here dey talk rubbish. una get any idea de things wey de NGO dey do, una know how many lives wey their activities don save? make una get real abeg.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Beaf: 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
ndu_chucks:

you fit call me any name wey you want, but me i prefer not to get personal because if i jam people like you for road sef, you go faint before i talksmiley  again, what is intrinsically wrong with make una respect de office of our first lady, even if una no respect e lady. first lady go conference to go drum up support for worthy NGO, una dey here dey talk rubbish. una get any idea de things wey de NGO dey do, una know how many lives wey their activities don save? make una get real abeg.

Where in the constitution or any statute, is this precious "office of the first lady" delineated? You are talking rubbish!

Name a single foolish country that has joined Nigeria in sending their first lady to that conference.

"I go faint before you talk". . . Dem born you for Okija shrine abi you be eshu?
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by DISTINCT89(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
Turai in Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference!!I am optimistic that Turai will bring better information for the development of the country. I think the semiinar will be attended byy other top people of other country in the world. I think it is even an honor for a the first lady to be part of the coonferennce, so I definitely all will be better in this country. This is not madness at all, so let don;t be pesstimstic over this issue.

As for someone saying there are professor of physics in the counntry who  can attend the conference, but what if they attend and they are not recognise, then what should they do, as for ASSU, I pray to God to help us solve the problem.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by bigben3: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2009
Naija house of commotion
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nduchucks: 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
Beaf:

Where in the constitution or any statute, is this precious "office of the first lady" delineated? You are talking rubbish!

Name a single foolish country that has joined Nigeria in sending their first lady to that conference.

ngwanu replace "Office of the first lady" with "ceremonious Position of the first lady".  before i continue to discuss dis issue with you, i want make you go find out whether de NGO wey Turai go lobby for, International Cancer Centre, Abuja , na worthy cause. before you conclude, just remember say, na fellow nigerians wey get cancer dat center go benefit. de cause dey bigger than Turai or even dis conference.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by citizenY(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
Commotion indeed and I refise to go further on this matter and as i usually say, opinions are like assholes,
we all have them but in this particular case, na for forehead some people own dey and dem own get pile join.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Leaders Most Corrupt In The World -jega / PDP Crisis: Hands Off Our Dispute, Makarfi, Others Tell Justice Abang / $9.6bn Judgment: Malami Meets Nigeria’s Legal Team In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.