Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland (1033 Views)

Money, Sex, Fun, Health: #WhatDoWomenWant? Trends On Twitter; Nigerians React / Photoshopped Images Of Rihanna & Flavour In Bed Trends On Instagram / #LagosGirls Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by DY20: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2016

It's been a while I'v joined this forum and it's been enjoyable throughout stay. Nairaland is a place where you meet different people, different
personalities, different thinking, awkward
discussions, weird questions, different response, so new things, that will make you "wow" happen almost everyday.

Today, I present to you to top 14 waves that
happened (and still happening) on Nairaland,
and the oldies can relate to it.

1. 5 & 6 :- This is a slang in Africa describing two things that do occur together on many occasion. Nairalanders are fond of using this slang to comment on some topics, attaching the picture of one old man making his index fingers come together. Politicians and money are like 5 & 6.

2. End Time :- This is a trend of the past but still used once in a while. This is a slang used by nairalanders to comment on topics about things that are very awkward and unimaginable. Any small thing na "End Time"

3. Picture or. :- This is slang used by some Nairaland that don't believe and new
development easily. You need to convince them
with a pictured evidence. Create any topic like
Buhari becoming the president, you will get
comments like "pishure or idonbelieveit" This
still trends but usage declines.

4. FTC :- This simply means "First To Comment." If you are new to this platform and you see people struggle to get this position. You will think there is some kind of reward for it. Haha. Seriously, it is just for fun. "FTC since 2009." "FTC for the first time since 2004. I dedicated this land to.."

5. Space Bookers :- This trend still trends and it will forever be trending as long as Front Page still exist. Who wouldn't like to be heard by large number of Nairalanders? If you create a topic with a bright front page future you will see
comments like: Driver! Park me here, This land is not for sale. Following, Make I sidon sip my
kunu. (...) Etc..

6. Who You Epp? :- This is a sland originated from the popular artiste, Olamide. It trends at one time but not for long. Create a Topic about Mahida going Unclad and you will see replies like, Who her yanch Epp? Who six pack don help?

7. Pick Up :- This is a slang that trends at the release of the song "Pick Up by Adekunle Gold." Nairalanders do use this slang to comment to Topic about wealth, fortune or luck. Then, celebrities topics like Orisagunna and Comments like Baba God, Pick up my call are like 5 & 6.

8. Wailers & Zombies : This is a slang describing the followers of PDP and APC. After the last election, which is a shocker for all of us, divides nairalanders into two groups: Wailers and Zombies. Wailers are Nairaland members not in support of the new government, and as the name implies, wail at the good development
from the government. While zombies are the
people that are in support of the new government.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by HungerBAD: 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Noted.

2 Likes

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Topestbilly(m): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Op! Op!! Opppp!!!

Before I open my eyes replace that no1 with

[size=15pt]lalasticlala[/size]

that list is not complete without him
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by boss096(m): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Moniker nkor?

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by photoshoot(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Correct!

That 5&6
It is like it is on every thread cheesy
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by DY20: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2016

The remaining ones below are not based on
trending ways people comment but the type of
Topics that tends to make Front Page.

9. Pictures People Can Relate To :- These Type of Topics is a trend that is on fire. Nairalanders will sit down, think of popular scenario that do occur to many people, summarise it with 10 to 12 sentences, then each sentence will be explained with hilarious pictures. My best one is: 14 Pictures Jambites can relate to: the part where we will be looking for the most attractive answers.

10. Snake :- What moderators and Snakes have together still remain a mystery to many nairalanders. If you create a topic about killing an animal, then your front page future is bright. If the animal is a BIG SNAKE, then your topic front page future is guaranteed.

11. Praise The Lord! I Have Got A Good Job! :- Look at what unemployment in Nigeria has
caused. Some people will come here to share
their good news about their new job, causing
hypertension to people that are still searching.
The front page is reserved for you, go and get
that job.

12. Ten Ways To.. :- At one point, Nairalanders won't create any other topic than 10 ways to make your partner love you. 10 ways to get rich. 10 things you see inside a commercial bus. One guy like that.. "Tosyne2much" deserves an award for stuffs like this (he does good one though). Nairalanders miss this type of threads so much but we have gotten over it.

13. Celeb Pictures and Cleavages :- About last month or two; moderators almost choke us with celebrities pictures like our lives depend on it. Toyin Aimakhu Steps out in style with Denim.
Rihanna vs Tiwa savage, who rocks it better. Timi Dakola strikes a pose at the BET award. Fans come for Fathia Balogun for showing massive cleavage (see pics).

14. Crime :- These types of topics scare me to death. There is never a time you log into
nairaland without seeing about 10 topics on
crime on front page. Man beheads Son for
failing his JAMB exams. Boy murders his teacher, brings out her intestine. I hardly see
this kind of thread again these days but it has
trend one time. Looks like crime rate have
reduced.

And Of course, Add yours

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by halfricanadian(f): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
15. op you forgot the latinos the la click la faint la click la dissappear
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by LordZero(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
.the garri warriors

.the end time warriors

.dem "who get charger gang .
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by DY20: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
LordZero:
.the garri warriors
.the end time warriors
.dem "who get charger gang .
The "who get BB charger" crew should have been my number 15.
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by LordZero(m): 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
DY20:

The "who get BB charger" crew should have been my number 15.
those guys are annoying and funny in their own ways..
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by DY20: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
Topestbilly:
Op! Op!! Opppp!!!

Before I open my eyes replace that no1 with

[size=15pt]lalasticlala[/size]

that list is not complete without him

Lol.. I just do imagine how the guy mention notification will look like. Mentions (7000)
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by wordbank(m): 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
10 types of nko
Tosyne2much I hail thee

Awon werey 101%

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Topestbilly(m): 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
DY20:

Lol.. I just do imagine how the guy mention notification will look like. Mentions (7000)

7000 ke? Berlyn alone has mentioned him more than 50000 times.
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by firstking01(m): 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is no new thingy na op angry
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
op add the crusher's crew cool

Does one that can crush anything on NL ..they can even go extra miles, by creating a thread for the person they are crushing on grin,

Also the rival's crew cool

those one can be jealous for Africa, you will see them mentioning you upadan, posting things like 'my rival you snatched lala away from me.. undecided
People like hateu2 nd naughtynaughty grin

no one should mention/quote me oooi angry

2 Likes

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Topestbilly:

7000 ke? Berl√ yn alone has mentioned him more than 50000 times.
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by lamideee(f): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by cruzita(f): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
grin. things that make nairaland interesting
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
wHo this thread epp? undecided

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by blackdeek52: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
halfricanadian:
15. op you forgot the latinos the la click la faint la click la dissappear

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Topestbilly(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
Berlyn:
grin cheesy

I lie?
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
Oya quickly add these two:

1. NCAN: Name Checkers association of Nigeria. They report for/to their members from various locations.

2. Konji Na Bastard (KNB): whenever someone does something silly, hilarious or criminal that is sex related or has to do with sexuality.

You want more?
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
Oya quickly add these:

1 NCAN-Name Checkers association of Nigeria.
They report for/to their members from various locations.

17. Konji Na Bastard (KNB): whenever someone does something silly, hilarious or criminal that is sex related or has to do with sexuality. Konji is a slang for "Sexual Urge/Desire". It is a bastard when it makes us do the unthinkable.

18.La Click La Bend/Break: Statement used by forum members for posts/topics that are not complete but demand the clicking/following of a link to get the full gist. The posting of such topics is mainly by blog owners to draw traffic to their blogs. Forum members would rather ignore and save their data. And to communicate their refusal to follow the link they go "La Click La Bend"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by tosyne2much(m): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
OP, good job for this wonderful write-up... Oga Worldbank I throway salute cheesy

Make I add mine own cheesy

15. The Lalasticlala Crew

These ones create irrelevant topics that cannot profit any Nairalander in any way and will mention Lalasticlala to help move this to the HQ.

For example, MY VILLA MATE SAW MY BOSOMS THIS MORNING AND I FELT LIKE COMMITING SUICIDE... HELP!!!!!

Lalasticlala, please help me move it to the FP

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
Topestbilly:

I lie?
yes!

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by princeakins(m): 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
cool view from above
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Cutezt(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Op what of those that are always falling or watching from the top of a tomatoe tree?
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Purpletee(f): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
Op you forgot the "vote me" campaign... after every comment the poster will write vote vizkiz,vote princeakins,vote falconey...

the confusion that will catch someborri will now be sipping orijin,waiting quietly...

it haff tire me..I don't even know who to vote.

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Mediapace: 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
15.la click la fry/La click la faint:
Anyone that doesn't complete his/her article and needs traffic. Thats how they deal with them
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by princeakins(m): 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Purpletee:
Op you forgot the "vote me" campaign...

the confusion that will catch someborri will now be sipping orijin,waiting quietly...

it haff tire me..I don't even know who to vote.

LOol... i fink ur ryt, d campaign stuff is d present day trend grin
Dont b confuse anymore dear, Now am here to offer u the REAL DEAL , u knw his moniker alrdy.

So check out ma profile n let do dz togeda... smiley

U r highly welkum to teamPrince smiley
Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Berlyn:
op add the crusher's crew cool

Does one that can crush anything on NL ..they can even go extra miles, by creating a thread for the person they are crushing on grin,

Also the rival's crew cool

those one can be jealous for Africa, you will see them mentioning you upadan, posting things like 'my rival you snatched lala away from me.. undecided
People like hateu2 nd naughtynaughty grin

no one should mention/quote me oooi angry

Re: Top 14 Past And Present Trends On Nairaland by MrPresident1: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
The 'I schooled in France crew'

Who is Buhari? In France where I am schooling we don't know him grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of This / See How This Guy Help A Married Lady Save Her Marriage / Do Nigerian Women Have Bigger Bust Or Bum Bum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.