Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:20 PM

Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport (48438 Views)

Have You Ever Seen A Range Rover Pickup Before? Dope Or Not? / Urgent; I Want To Convert By Bus From RHD To LHD / LHD Avensis 2004 Dash Board Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by radautoworks: 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
erico2k2:
Unu good morning and happy sunday ohhhh,hope the weekend is great, thank God its a no traffic day in Lagos, I dey Ikeja who can give me great route to a clean beach i n lagos to take the Fam.
I appreciate all your comments and the success of this project ,It is based on all your comments, +ve and -ve I have taken tips from .I realy appreciated, as per location these guys don dey vex already with people co ming to his yard so make we hold fire smal, we must wash am, Oga sooperrescue and me get interview soon grin grin grin
Now yesterday we met two challenges
1: the surround fitting on the speedo has a L and R hand side, so I have to now a Look for it in Lagos or B work it since its plastic, 4got to take pics sorry
2: Now everything done all doors working ie lock and unlock but the car is telling us it cannot find its smart key when it is even bein held on the dashboard.I have called a dedicated mate of mine i n the Uk via wassap video and he simpply saidto me your car lost memory and needs reprogramming.I now need a progrmmer for the smart key, I got contact of a guy who works for colcharis if spelt right, he is very busy, so nah time to pull him to the location, another guy says N75k to programm the key and he will deliver monday, so my People thats where we at now.
pacino,thebigkendo,Lexusgs430,LeJeun3,radautoworks,GAZZUZZ,diportivo

La tropicana
Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by radautoworks: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
erico2k2:
Where we at now . Looking good

NOICE!
Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by radautoworks: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
erico2k2:

SOrry Boss, nah network I guess, the door issue remains but stiffy steering fixed, the pump was the culprite, changed it and I also had to buy another steering rack @ 250k, boys r not smiling sad.But the wheel turns now as soft as baby butt.I have sent it to the oven cos there where scratches on it from shipping,will be out 2morrow and I can drive proper to see if the rest of the lights goes out ie HDC,ABS,TC so on n so fort grin grin grin.I will call U 2morrow, I hope the Airtel get sense by 2morrow

Would have been 202,210 with us

2 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by Piyke: 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin grin
will take full n good pics 2morrow, its nice and shinny now!

Saturday, 27th Oct...
angry angry angry
Kwantinue

1 Like

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by LeJeun3: 2:10am On Oct 28, 2018
grin
Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2018
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin grin
will take full n good pics 2morrow, its nice and shinny now!
Sunday 28th October 2018
angry angry undecided undecided
Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by YorubaEmir: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
Since 2016 you're still converting a 2012 Range Rover sport to LHD and we're almost in 2019 grin It doesn't worth the adventure

2 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by mayor2013: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
YorubaEmir:
Since 2016 you're still converting a 2012 Range Rover sport to LHD and we're almost in 2019 grin It doesn't worth the adventure

You lost faith bro. Tell me if you are given this ride your faith wouldn't be as high as mountain Kilimanjaro grin

3 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by YorubaEmir: 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
mayor2013:

You lost faith bro. Tell me if you are given this ride your faith wouldn't be as high as mountain Kilimanjaro grin

I'll take it. But I won't go through that adventure

2 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
YorubaEmir:
Plz learn to read b4 commenting
No offence!
Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
dumo1:

Sunday 28th October 2018
angry angry undecided undecided
See dem ahahaha, car is in PHC like this.

1 Like

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2018
its not often I come on NL to throw praises o n a person, but at this time I will like to beg everyone here to help me thank LeJeun3 , He drove all the way from Lagos island to shagamu yesterday morning to help free the RRS which wont start as a result of low break presure,This was as result of a carefree mechanic who changed my brake pads, in the process of bleeding the breaks removed the valve and forgot to put it back as a result, I lost break fluid and my ABS has gone komatose..I now result to starting the car frm a relay, thanks again to LeJune3 for coming to my rescue and I will also like to thank Supperescue for the co-ordination and ur advice, you two are friends indeed. wink wink

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by pacino26(m): 4:26am On Oct 29, 2018
erico2k2:
its not often I come on NL to throw praises o n a person, but at this time I will like to beg everyone here to help me thank LeJune3 , He drove all the way from Lagos island to shagamu yesterday morning to help free the RRS which wont start as a result of low break presure,This was as result of a carefree mechanic who changed my brake pads, in the process of bleeding the breaks removed the valve and forgot to put it back as a result, I lost break fluid and my ABS has gone komatose..I now result to starting the car frm a relay, thanks again to LeJune3 for coming to my rescue and I will also like to thank Supperescue for the co-ordination and ur advice, you two are friends indeed. wink wink

Bring the mecho, he needs to position for this flash grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2018
Piyke:

Saturday, 27th Oct...
angry angry angry
Kwantinue
Ahaha

2 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by sooperrescue(m): 3:53am On Oct 30, 2018
Hope Customs nor do their shakara for road?

1 Like

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by thebigkendo(m): 6:51am On Oct 30, 2018
erico2k2:
its not often I come on NL to throw praises o n a person, but at this time I will like to beg everyone here to help me thank LeJeun3 , He drove all the way from Lagos island to shagamu yesterday morning to help free the RRS which wont start as a result of low break presure,This was as result of a carefree mechanic kazeem who changed my brake pads, in the process of bleeding the breaks removed the valve and forgot to put it back as a result, I lost break fluid and my ABS has gone komatose..I now result to starting the car frm a relay, thanks again to LeJune3 for coming to my rescue and I will also like to thank Supperescue for the co-ordination and ur advice, you two are friends indeed. wink wink

Welcome to Nigeria grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by LeJeun3: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2018
erico2k2:
its not often I come on NL to throw praises o n a person, but at this time I will like to beg everyone here to help me thank LeJeun3 , He drove all the way from Lagos island to shagamu yesterday morning to help free the RRS which wont start as a result of low break presure,This was as result of a carefree mechanic who changed my brake pads, in the process of bleeding the breaks removed the valve and forgot to put it back as a result, I lost break fluid and my ABS has gone komatose..I now result to starting the car frm a relay, thanks again to LeJune3 for coming to my rescue and I will also like to thank Supperescue for the co-ordination and ur advice, you two are friends indeed. wink wink

What I actually find strange is bleeding brakes after brake pads change undecided undecided

Was that the bleed after swapping the abs system or what exactly?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by LeJeun3: 7:03am On Oct 30, 2018
sooperrescue:
Hope Customs nor do their shakara for road?

Trust them! Them welcome erico2k2 well......

3 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 8:30am On Oct 30, 2018
LeJeun3:

What I actually find strange is bleeding brakes after brake pads change undecided undecided

Was that the bleed after swapping the abs system or what exactly?

After the swap it was bled, and was working fine, it was after the brake pad change I noticed the ABS pulsating say 2 miles into my driving i thought nothing much of it,I thought it as the new brake blending.On fri morning after my 1st customs encounter and shagamu bypass the pulsating increased, this time the car would not rev up and the brakes where holding like a faulty parking brake.At this point I pulled into where you found us, and when that baba took the front tyre off to check the brake, we saw where all hydrolics where leaking and he was like Oga, where this nipple?, I thought it was a joke, behold, nipple was missing and I thought at that point it was a miracle the car was working all till this point.We got a nipple to put, try to bleed and you know ther est

3 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 8:31am On Oct 30, 2018
LeJeun3:

Trust them! Them welcome erico2k2 well......

4 hours they kept us, even with my Mopol.
hence we branched Sapele to sleep this was 12 midnight!

2 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 30, 2018
greenhulk:

Because they are simply not reliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzQCj-dbgN0
Na wa Oh!! undecided cry cry
Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 9:24am On Oct 30, 2018
dumo1:

Na wa Oh!! undecided cry cry
No mind those Americans, nah peper eye dey worry dem unto say the British Build more car brands than them and japan put together!

3 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by sooperrescue(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2018
erico2k2:

No mind those Americans, nah peper eye dey worry dem unto say the British Build more car brands than them and japan put together!

See the things that the man dey complain about. Those faults are non issue here. Na the man dey spoil the things by himself. If not for Okada and keke napep, wetin person dey do with horn? And that steering column that slides out by itself based on memory, e nor dey spoil .ha for radiator, Na Kazeem touch something with him screw driver and put hole on the radiator. The air suspension is a wear and tear item for a 6yrs old car. Range Rover, above and beyond

3 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by aninweze(m): 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
erico2k2:

4 hours they kept us, even with my Mopol.
hence we branched Sapele to sleep this was 12 midnight!
What was thier beef? Because I could see you followed due process in your importation.

1 Like

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by Piyke: 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
erico2k2:

After the swap it was bled, and was working fine, it was after the brake pad change I noticed the ABS pulsating say 2 miles into my driving i thought nothing much of it,I thought it as the new brake blending.On fri morning after my 1st customs encounter and shagamu bypass the pulsating increased, this time the car would not rev up and the brakes where holding like a faulty parking brake.At this point I pulled into where you found us, and when that baba took the front tyre off to check the brake, we saw where all hydrolics where leaking and he was like Oga, where this nipple?, I thought it was a joke, behold, nipple was missing and I thought at that point it was a miracle the car was working all till this point.We got a nipple to put, try to bleed and you know ther est

Quality control, quality control, quality control. That's the missing link. The reason for checklists is because we are all human and can forget. Maybe this mecho was managing the moi moi he had since morning and couldn't concentrate by evening. grin
The last time I visited a mechanic (this was some 5 years ago) a major bolt on my suspension was left out! I only discovered when I got home and was inspecting something else. I didn't blame the mechanic much because the guy had been working since morning and hunger was probably harassing him seriously.
It always pays to inspect your work, recount the steps before final assembly. This is where a checklist proves useful.

2 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by LeJeun3: 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2018
erico2k2:

I repeat, it's amazing that the brakes needed to be bled after brake pad change. Never heard of this procedure, I open to learn but is that standard anywhere??

2 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
LeJeun3:

I repeat, it's amazing that the brakes needed to be bled after brake pad change. Never heard of this procedure, I open to learn but is that standard anywhere??
Yeah some cars needs to.cos yoy can't always force the calipers back Vue the reservoir ..But it was meant to be straight 4ward.I could not believe he can 4get such an important thing .

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
aninweze:

What was thier beef? Because I could see you followed due process in your importation.
No conclusive reason
Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by LeJeun3: 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=erico2k2 post=72535738][/quote]

Don't let anyone loosen your brake caliper nipples to change brake pads. If the caliper piston won't move back, then the piston would need to be run as they are stiff. Alternatively if the calipers are electrically controlled there is a procedure that allows fit them to be pulled back.

2 Likes

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by sooperrescue(m): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2018
LeJeun3:

Don't let anyone loosen your brake caliper nipples to change brake pads. If the caliper piston won't move back, then the piston would need to be run as they are stiff. Alternatively if the calipers are electrically controlled there is a procedure that allows fit them to be pulled back.

This your English na obahiagbon type. Yes, we do bleed brakes after changing the pads. Naso Jowa range take get hunch back for rear after changing the brakes without bleeding
Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by LeJeun3: 4:27am On Oct 31, 2018
sooperrescue:

This your English na obahiagbon type. Yes, we do bleed brakes after changing the pads. Naso Jowa range take get hunch back for rear after changing the brakes without bleeding

Why?? I think something else was wrong.....

Re: Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport by erico2k2(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
LeJeun3:

Why?? I think something else was wrong.....

Some do need bleeding or els yawah go gas . .At least U saw 1st hand with my car how break system shut down my car . .up till now nah the parole u show me we still dey take start the car . I want to unstress 1st b4 I reason the car .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC / Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? / Who Can Tell Us The Name Of This Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.