Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,328 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew (24363 Views)

How To Make Fish Stew / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Fish Roll / How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
Correct. Where's my spoon? kiss kiss kiss
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
DavidEsq:
Look at this OP o! So u can't even fry the fish? It wld just tear into several parts and u won't even have anyone to bite wella cool

Frying might not be necessary... If the stew is properly stired so as not to alter the fish's shape.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Eldahrix(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
Now dt looks so mmmm..
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by ayibatari99(m): 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
grin Ayyah!!! Madam most cook fish today.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Nnemaranma(f): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
OK! Please how do I boil rice?
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by mzjaney(f): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
crazygod:
Abeg that stew looks boring jooor. No creativity. All i%m seeing there is just oil and fish. I need to see onions, fresh shrimps, chopped pepper...... Now that's stew.

See him mouth cheesy u go like food oo.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by rubyradiance(f): 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
titiakins:
For me

Fish has to be fried before I can eat it

This doesn't look appetising to me...

Sorry!

Pls try and learn to do without frying,, its very unhealthy

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by rubyradiance(f): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
OP where's the head of the fish No let me vex oooo abeg
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by martineverest(m): 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
sorry for criticism:with the look of this stew and tomato paste used,i dont think the taste will be good
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by titiakins: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
rubyradiance:

Pls try and learn to do without frying,, its very unhealthy
I understand cos of the oil

But I always feel nauseous when I eat fish that hasn't been fried

Roasting will be better sha

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by clems88(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
angry op why you doing this? them never pay salary you are posting this just to make me haff longer troat
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Anabel(f): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
#passing plate# may I have some plssss grin
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oooooh God!.. see wetin Prettyspicey cause now!... Who send me open this thread! embarassed

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by joey150(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Typical yoruba stew..oil and meat..

I'll pass.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by bellville: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
The fish in that picture is Tilapia. I love Tilapia fish.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Drdonzeez(m): 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
titiakins:
For me

Fish has to be fried before I can eat it

This doesn't look appetising to me...

Sorry!
Guy,Na chaff you dey chop!
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by queenDD(f): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
Now I'm hungry.. op see what you've causedembarassed
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Jacko1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
How do they make that one dat the fish is scattered inside the stew
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by churchkilo(m): 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
and this is just what I am about to prepare,hmmm.really economical
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
crazygod:
Abeg that stew looks boring jooor. No creativity. All i%m seeing there is just oil and fish. I need to see onions, fresh shrimps, chopped pepper...... Now that's stew.
Things you eaten in years? Abeg make we hear word! Go back to your garri and groundnuts jor and keep your fantasy to yourself
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by adelowor(f): 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Y not palm oil instead of g/nut oil?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by PrettySpicey(f): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Oooooh God!.. see wetin Prettyspicey cause now!... Who send me open this thread! embarassed

That stew... hmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by divineappo(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
Twinkie8:
Nigerian fish stew is cooked a bit watery. Not as thick as beef or chicken stew, it can be very delicious and nutritious. Fish stew is served with boiled rice, boiled plantain, yam, irish potatoes, agidi and boiled cocoyam or even water yam.It's very easy to cook as only few ingredients are used and honestly, in this economy, fish stew is very pocket friendly.

INGREDIENTS:
1 large croaker or mackerel
3 tablespoonfuls of tomato paste ( already boiled, blended tomatoes)
3 large red fresh peppers
Vegetable or groundnut oil
seasoning cubes
salt
water of course

Boil the fresh fish separately with onion and salt, keep aside.
Then, fry the tomatoes with onion, fresh pepper and seasoning same way Nigerian tomato stew is made. Check for seasoning and salt, add the fish stock and if it's still thick, add some water to lighten before emptying into the pot of already cooked fish. Place on low heat and allow to simmer, let that delicious stew taste seep into the fish before turning off the heat. Serve with boiled rice and garnish with some green vegetables by the side.
NIGERIAN FISH STEW SOURCE: http://www.wivestownhallconnection.com/2016/07/fish-stew-how-to-cook-fish-stew.html

the stew is beautiful.....lol
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by obontami: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
Twinkie8:
Nigerian fish stew is cooked a bit watery. Not as thick as beef or chicken stew, it can be very delicious and nutritious. Fish stew is served with boiled rice, boiled plantain, yam, irish potatoes, agidi and boiled cocoyam or even water yam.It's very easy to cook as only few ingredients are used and honestly, in this economy, fish stew is very pocket friendly.

INGREDIENTS:
seasoning cubes
salt
water of course

Then, fry the tomatoes with onion, fresh pepper and seasoning same way Nigerian tomato stew is made. Check for seasoning and salt, add the fish stock and if it's still thick, add some water to lighten before emptying into the pot of already cooked fish. Place on low heat and allow to simmer, let that delicious stew taste seep into the fish before turning off the heat. Serve with boiled rice and garnish with some green vegetables by the side.
NIGERIAN FISH STEW SOURCE: http://www.wivestownhallconnection.com/2016/07/fish-stew-how-to-cook-fish-stew.html

Hmmmmmm looks yummy cheesy
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
PrettySpicey:

That stew... hmmmmmmmm

I know, I know cry
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Freestevo(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Op you no try oh, this is pure evulz
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Talkloaded: 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
Twinkie8:

INGREDIENTS:
seasoning cubes
salt
water of course

Mmmm sweet
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew by Rozaystunna(m): 6:30am On Jul 24, 2016
I hate fish stew angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roasted Corn VS Boiled Corn / Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? / 6 Common Types Of People You Meet At A Nigerian Buka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.