Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,905 members, 7,844,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) (6788 Views)

Poll: based on percentage, how would you rate Nigeria

100%: 0% (0 votes)
75%: 0% (0 votes)
50%: 11% (1 vote)
25%: 33% (3 votes)
0%: 55% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Obasanjo Says Biafra Agitation Is Hopeless / Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) / GEJ Is Destroying His Enemies, Plain And Simple (sanusi, NGF, APC, Amaechi, Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by kosovo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
As much as I would like to dispute this claim, I find it honestly difficult to except for the hopeless part which can be disputed because a lot of Nigerians are actually hopeful but the thing is there is more talking hopefuls, complaint hopefuls and less changes for the better hopefuls. No country is a waste to humanity even all the backward arab north africans and their fellow backward middle easterns are not a waste to humanity so Nigeria is not a waste to humanity. Arrogant, I wouldn't dispute that because it started from home, then to the neighborhoods, then as a nation in general, it is almost like the nigerian coat of arms.
Parents, teachers, and majority of citizens should do their part and curse less, instead of going to babalawo to do juju to kill or wicked someone else why not go to babalawo to ask for a greater nigeria or go there and ask for an intelligent brain so that you can be a positive participant in the society. Arrogance is so rampant that it is a norm for reps to slap anybody, for police to weep anyone, for the owner of the house to beat his househelp employees and the oga syndromme has clogged a brighter vision for the people. Until there is protection of rights for everyone with equality being the inspiration for any constitution to be carved out; this will be an ongoing problem which leads to self destruction.
Nigeria is the only nation in Africa that can successfully carve out ways to make equality a norm in Africa by first successfully implenting it in Nigeria. We need to strive for the better.
no comment!
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2009
naijaway:

Arrogant, I wouldn't dispute that because it started from home, then to the neighborhoods, then as a nation in general, [size=14pt]it is almost like the nigerian coat of arms.[/size]

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy  roflmao!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by kosovo(m): 1:35am On Sep 18, 2009
@ikeyman00
kovoso

have u got human brain self??

just wonderin

i must applaud you for your stupidity. BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!

you should try harder though, you weren't trying with that Troll Comment.

Make a better one next time.

i give your comment a 1 out of 5.
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Nobody: 4:49am On Sep 18, 2009
The region has been developing for about 400 years by whites which is why they never left you might as well call it like America.

kosovo said:

[/quote]Im sorry but you are full of NOISE!
didn't the British also develop Nigeria before they left ? what happened to the groundnut pyramid? don't give me that crap and stop deceiving yourself,
  same old story to console one's self is pathetic and leading the country to DOOM![quote]

kosovo, tell us. What did the British ''develop'' before they left? You see it is little children like you who don't realise what Nigeria was like 40 or 50 years ago, that come here to spill all this garbage.

For your information, when the British were driven out in 1960, after nearly 70 years in power, they had built NOT ONE UNIVERSITY in the entire country.  South Africa, whom you're comparing us to, had their first university , the University of Cape Town, established in 1828. With several more established in rapid succession after that, such as the University of Pretoria, and Withswaterstrand University among others. So since the 1820s, that nation has been producing a steady stream of administrators, technocrats, engineers, architects, doctors, and other professionals, building up that country, while the British were busy PISSSING ABOUT in your country with ''groundnut pyramids'' (for which you remain foolishly grateful), siphoning resources in a manner that would make even Abacha squirm in discomfort.

They built No schools, No hospitals, No roads, and No electricity facilities. Telephones? Forget it.

By the time they left, national literacy was at an appalling 6%, after 70 years in power.

Statistically, had the British still been in power, you, kosovo, would not be this educated chap mouthing off on the web on a full belly, but rather, an illiterate farmer struggling in your village woods. So thank your lucky stars you were born after independence, under Nigerian rule.

Under the British, only the very richest could afford a car. Nobody complained about power outages because most people had no idea what electricity was. There was no power distribution network, no power infrastructure worth the name.

Roads? There were very few real roads anywhere. Not that it mattered much, since most people made do with bicycles or simply walked along dirt-paths.

Today it's a totally different story. Under Nigerian rule, and despite corruption, Literacy is at 75%. We have over 100 universities, thousands of schools and hospitals have been built, and annual GDP is $300 bilion. We have electricity, even if intermittent. We have thousands of miles of new, and good roads and bridges, even though we have many roads that need attention.

But that's better than having no roads at all. Same applies to other facilities mentioned, many not at optimal functionality at present, but still far better than whatever the British left us with - which was nothing.
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by kosovo(m): 5:17am On Sep 18, 2009
kosovo, tell us. What did the British ''develop'' before they left? You see it is little children like you who don't realise what Nigeria was like 40 or 50 years ago, that come here to spill all this garbage.
  shame on you.!
tell me more, history teacher,  That's exactly what i said, Nigerians are so comfortable with whats on ground.  Cowardice entity.
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 18, 2009
We're not ''comfortable'' with where we are at present. But we sure as hell know it would have been a whole lot worse under the British! For starters you'd be illiterate and singing moonlight ballads in your hut by now.
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:22am On Sep 18, 2009
ROSSIKE:

We're not ''comfortable'' with where we are at present. But we sure as hell know it would have been a whole lot worse under the British! For starters you'd be illiterate and singing moonlight ballads in your hut by now.
hahahahahahaha!!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by kosovo(m): 5:33am On Sep 18, 2009
hahahahahahaha!!!!
we noticed!
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 18, 2009
Amaka my sister, do you know that when Prince Phillip visited Nigeria in the 70s and arrived Lagos, the man was just looking around and asking if they were sure this was the same Nigeria they'd left in 1960. Everywhere he looked he saw roads, cars, traffic, flyovers, commerce, buildings, people dressed , with shoes on as well!

I think he asked them to get him back on the plane cos it must be the wrong country,  He thought Nigeria would be the same as they'd left it in 1960,  undeveloped, with smiling barefoot natives emerging from dirtpaths and crevices to be at his beck and call.
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:39am On Sep 18, 2009
hahaha i found that too hilarious, i had to laugh at that one.
thanks oo.
smiley
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by sjeezy8: 5:43am On Sep 18, 2009
ROSSIKE:

Amaka my sister, do you know that when Prince Phillip visited Nigeria in the 70s and arrived Lagos, the man was just looking around and asking if they were sure this was the same Nigeria they'd left in 1960. Everywhere he looked he saw roads, cars, traffic, commerce, buildings, people dressed , with shoes on as well!

I think he asked them to get him back on the plane cos it must be the wrong country, He thought Nigeria would be the same as they'd left it in 1960, undeveloped, with smiling barefoot natives emerging from dirtpaths and crevices to be at his beck and call.

Lagos was not that bad civilised lagosians have been in Lagos since the late 1800's
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:44am On Sep 18, 2009
^^^^

abeg, carry go.
what else are you trying to get into?

"was not that bad" and it wanst great either.
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 18, 2009
Pictures speak louder than words. Here's the Nigerian version of Wall Street:

Broad Street, Lagos, 1950s

Broad Street, 1980s
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by sjeezy8: 5:54am On Sep 18, 2009
http://3.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/SqrpbHyyaDI/AAAAAAAABuM/_enfHOVhksg/s1600-h/Lagos,+Nigeria+The+Independence+Fountain.+This+is+Tinubu+Square,+showing+Tinubu+Square+fountain,+%28often+called+the+Independence+fountain%29+in+the+foreground,+and+the+Central+Bank.jpg

Tinubu you people are talkin like Lagos was the bush or something
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:55am On Sep 18, 2009
^^^^^^

daddy!!! angry
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by sjeezy8: 5:55am On Sep 18, 2009
Of course it developed
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 18, 2009
sjeezy8,  Tinubu Sq is much nicer today!!!!

Under Nigerian rule!!!

grin grin

[img]http://thenewsng.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=580&g2_serialNumber=1[/img]

Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by kosovo(m): 6:02am On Sep 18, 2009
ROSSIKE you trying too hard on your self,  how does your pic relates to the topic?
  you are so DUMB!
even at this day, majority of areas in Nigeria are not different form the first pic we saw, and lagos is not the entire Nigeria,
   keep making Noise!
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by sjeezy8: 6:04am On Sep 18, 2009
lol of course.

I wouldn't say Nigerian rule tho more like Lagosian rule.

kosovo:

ROSSIKE you trying too hard on your self, how does your pic relates to the topic?
you are so DUMB!
even at this day, majority of areas in Nigeria are not different form the first pic we saw, and lagos is not Nigeria,
keep making Noise!

this guy no dey hate because you papa still dey pick flowers in your village
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by chic2pimp(m): 6:04am On Sep 18, 2009
DAYUUUMMM Tinubu square looks sick ooo. Its looks totally different  now.

Una get Tafawa Balewa Square picture? My Former Skool was very close to that area
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 18, 2009
I'm not trying to belittle our problems, but to show that all is not lost. The potential is still in view.  grin
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by sjeezy8: 6:05am On Sep 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

DAYUUUMMM Tinubu square looks sick ooo. Its looks totally different now.

Una get Tafawa Balewa Square picture? My Former Skool was very close to that area

ehnnn so you went to school?
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by kosovo(m): 6:08am On Sep 18, 2009
sjeezy8 you have no use,
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by sjeezy8: 6:09am On Sep 18, 2009
kosovo:

sjeezy8 you have no use,

look at dis cassava planter talkin mess for NL
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by chic2pimp(m): 6:09am On Sep 18, 2009
sjeezy8:

ehnnn so you went to school?
Wahlai U dey craze for head. Useless mutete grin grin.

sjeezy8:

this guy no dey hate because you papa still dey pick flowers in your village
kosovo link=topic=324186.msg4565816#msg4565816 date=1253250494:

sjeezy8 you have no use,
[quote author=sjeezy8 link=topic=324186.msg4565817#msg4565817 date=1253250552]

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Make una take am easy oooo grin grin grin
[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:09am On Sep 18, 2009
sjeezy8:

ha! my prediction was right.
my pusssy aint enough to keep you away from the drama?
i must be that lame.   embarassed
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by sjeezy8: 6:11am On Sep 18, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i must be the lame. embarassed

Lol boo it is grin i was jus kidding wit da girl(kosovo) ya kno
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 18, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i must be that lame.   embarassed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

rotfl wow

Typical to find sjeezy causing wahala up and down. You and Amaka make a great match sha.

Abeg, no come back with no bullet o
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by chic2pimp(m): 6:14am On Sep 18, 2009
FL Gators:

rotfl wow

Typical to find sjeezy causing wahala up and down. You and Amaka make a great match sha.

GBAM +100
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:15am On Sep 18, 2009
FL Gators:

rotfl wow

excuse me? i dont go looking for wahala, it just comes.
what is it?

chic2pimp:

GBAM +100
and you HUSH UP! adding your damn 25cent on every thread
sheesh.
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by sjeezy8: 6:16am On Sep 18, 2009
FL Gators:

rotfl wow

ah ah dis guy, aiye nko so wa?

@ amaka
boo you know how chic2pimp is
lol i thought he was a girl for like the longest dude needs to change his NAME
Re: Nigeria Is Hopeless, Arrogant, Plain And A Waste To Humanity. (Update) by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 18, 2009
sjeezy,

se yoruba lo n so? abi English gone wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ojukwu On Life Support And In Critical Condition / Triplets Delivered In Anambra Flood Camp / Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.