Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread - TV/Movies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread (218669 Views)

Throwback Pics Of BBNaija Bisola Wit Iyanya At 1st Ever MTN Project Fame In 2008 / Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / Project Fame Season 9 Grand Finale: Drop Your Predictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2016
AfroKnight:

I understand you sis.

I was just trying to explain that Praiz was not criticizing Kitay as some people on this thread thought. He only said it was a wrong song choice. Evidently, Kitay didn't have the chance to shine. So folks should not take it out on Praiz. The faculty is at fault here. Just imagine if they had given him a song like Sia's "Alive", it would have been totally underwhelming. Song choice matters.

Anyway, the fact remains that Kitay is one of the best vocalists in this competition. He has amazing control. Gabriel is the other great singer and performer.

The ladies, hmmmm. . . they are just disappointing.
Y do u think kitay didn't ve chance to shine? For me, he delivered 110%, comfort zone or not.
Kitay was d only 1 dat actually put dat rock vibe/tone I usually get from rock musicians into his performance. Its nt always abt d song choices but wat u do wit d song given to u because wen its all said n dne, it still remain a competition

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by AfroKnight: 9:21am On Aug 22, 2016
luvmijeje:

grin grin grin grin grin There is still seven more weeks for the ladies to prove themselves. I'm not giving up on them.

grin Talk to your sisters o. We don't want a situation where guys will be 1st to 4th.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2016
luvmijeje:

grin grin grin grin Honestly, that performance is a ticket to automatic disqualification from the competition.
Hahahahahahaha, I wish sth like dat existed. You perform rubbish, jst go home immediately no nid to pack ur tins, dey'll b sent to u lata lol
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2016
gara11:
Hahahahahahaha, I wish sth like dat existed. You perform rubbish, jst go home immediately no nid to pack ur tins, dey'll b sent to u lata lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy Honestly, people's reaction to Yusuf performance is so hilarious.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by AfroKnight: 9:29am On Aug 22, 2016
gara11:

Y do u think kitay didn't ve chance to shine? For me, he delivered 110%, comfort zone or not.
Kitay was d only 1 dat actually put dat rock vibe/tone I usually get from rock musicians into his performance. Its nt always abt d song choices but wat u do wit d song given to u because wen its all said n dne, it still remain a competition

I'm not saying rock music is not for Kitay. I'm saying that particular rock song is not a good choice. He would have done way better with "Soul provider".

Kitay did well with what he was given but the song wasn't a good choice at all. I don't want to comment on his "rock" tone yet.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by tyconcepts(f): 10:10am On Aug 22, 2016
jasmine21 & gara11 .... I thought I was the only one feeling Pere. I love love that dude. He is so effortless with his songs and his delivery is always sweet. Like how he goes thru all his register and how his emotions sync with the song. I pray he stays till the very end and wins sef. wink

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 10:30am On Aug 22, 2016
Truth be told,almost all the contestants av been given a difficult challenge at 1 point or anoda

Okiemute doing Rihana
Mirabel doing Beyonce
Oluchi doing seyi shey (Struggled wit her breathe althrough)
Kitay doing Mama (we saw aw he struggled wit Yoruba in d house) & This particular Rock song (He didn't really struggle here but its a challenge onnhis voice and aw well he could switch
Pere doing Surulere

Can some1 tell me what challenge did they throw at Yusuf

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by ebyoma(f): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
All the contestants on probation again?? I fear for these Ghanaians (Eli & Gabriel) coz their people ain't voting for them, one of their people's excuse was that most of the Ghanaians doesn't know about MTNPF which left me thinking about their audition.

A lot of them showed up for the audition in Ghana or were those people their ghosts..
I wish I can campaign or canvas vote for them on Ghana's Facebook pages. but unfortunately I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself.

gara11 the competition in Ghana wasn't only about rap.. it's a song competition MTN Hit Maker) that's what they called it
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by ebyoma(f): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
I enjoyed winner's performance most yesterday. Winner a.k.a (Vocal power house).

Babe's got a strong vocal. pray she goes far in this competition.
As for Yusuf, he's a good business for MTN.. He's got lots of fans, so MTN'll make lots of cash from his votes. so guys brace yourself coz Yusuf has a long time to spend in the academy.
It's unfortunate we'll lose lots of good singers coz of him. I won't be surprised if he wins PF season 9, after all no be naija??

Welcome to Nigeria where noise sells more than good music.

empty_Hen (MTN)

Abeg who knows the title of the second song Johnny Drille sang?

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by OCTAVO: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
gara11:

On point! Kitay did well Jor. Praiz dey 'mis-yearn' grin
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by jasmine21(f): 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
luvmijeje:

Nobody is denying that. He proved that last week. But let's be truthful, the majority of songs that was given out to some of the contestant were never in their comfort Zone but they delivered.

Okeimuite, Mirabel, Steve, were given songs that has little or no melody to it but they delivered. The contestants are not there to sing songs that's in their comfort zone. They are there to challenge themselves.

That is one of the reason I'm not impress with Winner and Pere's Performances. They were given a song that's in their comfort zone while they were find wanting in last week performances........the one material they should be comfortable with.

You are right about Winner. That song was sitting perfectly in her comfort zone. Give her a song with beat and mid-fast tempo and you will see her nervous and sweating. She no sabi move.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
tyconcepts:
jasmine21 & gara11 .... I thought I was the only one feeling Pere. I love love that dude. He is so effortless with his songs and his delivery is always sweet. Like how he goes thru all his register and how his emotions sync with the song. I pray he stays till the very end and wins sef. wink
U ve d power to push him anoda wk. U dnt really nid to spnd money to vote nw. U can vote thru their website and wit ur google app.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
ebyoma:
All the contestants on probation again?? I fear for these Ghanaians (Eli & Gabriel) coz their people ain't voting for them, one of their people's excuse was that most of the Ghanaians doesn't know about MTNPF which left me thinking about their audition.

A lot of them showed up for the audition in Ghana or were those people their ghosts..
I wish I can campaign or canvas vote for them on Ghana's Facebook pages. but unfortunately I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself.

gara11 the competition in Ghana wasn't only about rap.. it's a song competition MTN Hit Maker) that's what they called it
Okay, thanks. Tot twas only rap, I watched it once and it was rap thru out, I felt it was a rap competition
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by jasmine21(f): 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2016
gara11:

Thank you. Song choice or not, comfort zone or not Kitay delivered better than some others. No problem for me. Each of them get one challenging song or another at some point so I don't see y Praiz will make that comment.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by jasmine21(f): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
samhay:
Truth be told,almost all the contestants av been given a difficult challenge at 1 point or anoda

Okiemute doing Rihana
Mirabel doing Beyonce
Kitay doing Mama (we saw aw he struggled wit Yoruba in d house) & This particular Rock song (He didn't really struggle here but its a challenge onnhis voice and aw well he could switch
Pere doing Surulere

All songs have been challenging for him except Shakitibobo. He doesn't have that voice of singing. Even one dance by Drake that doesn't need voice the guy flopped and still got saved by viewers.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
samhay:

Okiemute doing Rihana
Mirabel doing Beyonce
Pere doing Surulere

My point exactly, he has bn getting easy songs like uncle Ben is determined to push him far. From Joe's song to drake's to olamide's. D wahala is dat he has bn findin d simple songs hard to pull off, yet d judges kips praising him which brings me bk to d babalawo matter.
D way cobhams picked him to go straight to top 24 among d oda talented pple screams there re powers @wrk

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by imoniyi(f): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
samhay:

Okiemute doing Rihana
Mirabel doing Beyonce
Pere doing Surulere

Shakiti bobo
Truth be told that song is difficult mehn
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
imoniyi:

Shakiti bobo
Truth be told that song is difficult mehn

U kidding ryt?

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by temitee4me(f): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
imoniyi:

Shakiti bobo Truth be told that song is difficult mehn
this has to be a joke

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Dqueenzy(f): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
samhay:

Aunty,dey will call u Haterz ooo,because u dnt support quantity.
Becos u no embrace substandard and mediocrity
Lol,i'm nt an hater,i'm actually a fan of yusuph,bt i dnt think project fame,is the place for him

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by ebyoma(f): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
gara11:

Okay, thanks. Tot twas only rap, I watched it once and it was rap thru out, I felt it was a rap competition

OK

Have been following the show season after season..
The difference between theirs and PF is that they have to compose and record any song they'll be singing and perform it.
Most of them rap but the guy that won this season sings RnB.

That's just by the way..
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Dqueenzy(f): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
gara11:

Alabi dats d guys name from uniport
Yea,that's it,the guy was so good,he was given automatic jump to top 24 in favour of okiemute,well things happen.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Solitin40: 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
gara11:

My point exactly, he has bn getting easy songs like uncle Ben is determined to push him far. From Joe's song to drake's to olamide's. D wahala is dat he has bn findin d simple songs hard to pull off, yet d judges kips praising him which brings me bk to d babalawo matter.
D way cobhams picked him to go straight to top 24 among d oda talented pple screams there re powers @wrk
The two marks on his face get reason it's not for FUN or fine boy Baba is at work
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Thawarplay(m): 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
I KNOW MUST OF YALL TALKING ABOUT YUSUF WILL STILL VOTE FOR HIM.... EVEN IF YOU DON'T, HE WILL STILL BE SAVE AND CONTINUE TO BE THE LEICESTER OF THIS PF SEASON.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by tyconcepts(f): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
gara11:

U ve d power to push him anoda wk. U dnt really nid to spnd money to vote nw. U can vote thru their website and wit ur google app.

Am doing that already.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by jasmine21(f): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thawarplay:
I KNOW MUST OF YALL TALKING ABOUT YUSUF WILL STILL VOTE FOR HIM.... EVEN IF YOU DON'T, HE WILL STILL BE SAVE AND CONTINUE TO BE THE LEICESTER OF THIS PF SEASON.

Hahaha nice one. Well he has massive voters already spending money on him so he doesn't need me. My votes are for Pere, the Ghanaians and both "Kitays". I really want a girl to win this season and Okiemute is the only one doing that for me.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by imoniyi(f): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
samhay:

U kidding ryt?
temitee4me:
this has to be a joke
Na joke oo
I'm just getting tired of project fame and Yusuf .. He was just saying we will we will rock u
Otan
Something I can say
And didn't hear his vocals
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by 1wolex85: 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
Dapo and Mirabel oooooooooooo!!! I have died! You guys need to watch the exclusive they just posted on their website!
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sheylarhh(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
Which song uncle Ben gave dem for dis week?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sheylarhh(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
1wolex85:
Dapo and Mirabel oooooooooooo!!! I have died! You guys need to watch the exclusive they just posted on their website!
No data plan to watch it... what did dey do?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by 1wolex85: 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
sheylarhh:

No data plan to watch it... what did dey do?

They are in love ni! see them under covers together, giggling like kids
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gbemmy0209: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
Wow!
Mirabel and Dapo. Mhen..Dis one pass Liz and Kitay o!
Dis tin cald feelings nor dey shame sha. Na anywhere e fit catch person. They are simply babies in love..I admire the maturity btw Liz and Kitay tho; and dats d huge difference.
#newcouplealert

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (102) (Reply)

Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free..,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.