Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life (1983 Views)

6 Things That Sum Up What Guys Really Need In A Relationship But Never Ask For / Lady Exposes Her Nude While Taking Picture Of Her Man In The Other Room / My Body Is Ready For A Relationship But My Mind Isn't.. So I Called It Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by JuicyGee(f): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ok, I've gat to start from somewhere... Um.. After a horrible breakup two years ago, i dreaded relationships, i wanted to be alone and didn't want to feel vulnerable anymore. I fear break-ups most of all.

So i've been on this or should i say i was #teamsingle for 2years. Not until i met this really cool guy, he is a really nice person, fortunately we have wayyyy soooo much in common (i had to stress that. Lol). He didn't really ask me out, when we became friends. infact, he dreads relationship like i do.. I remember telling him i didnt want to care about him, and he said the feeling was mutual. I wasn't looking forward to a relationship either, in short we weren't looking forward to one. We were just having a feel-good moment. We've been together for 3months now and we've really gotten close and attached to each other. People think we're a couple but we aren't really dating. My friends wonder wat the hell i'm doing, i dont kw either. But Am now at a point where i'm certain i'm ready for a relationship but i'm not sure he is, i feel talking about it with him would force him to enter into a relationship... On the other i feel ''to hell with watever! I should just continue with the flow... I want something definite, but i dont kw if he's on the same page..

I don't know guys, i just felt like sharing this with someone and didn't know who to... ? ?
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Khd95(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
Adopt the "friends with benefits" style grin grin

Thank o5ewa later
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Adekorya: 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
Khd95:
Adopt the "friends with benefits" style grin grin

Thank o5ewa later
And you think you're making sense?

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
I've been there.
It's gonna be a long ride.
Welcome to the Friendzone express. smiley
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by youngboi(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
Do you really want a relationship?
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Forzap: 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
Babes,u berra let him knw hw u feel...no go die in silence undecided

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by bitchcrafts: 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
Do what u want to. Do it now or later, day will still break tomorrow .

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by henrygale(m): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2016
It's hard for a male and female to be 'close' without sex being involved, hence my question,have u guys been having sex by the side or getting cozy in romances,kisses,etc despite not formally being in a relationship? This will define d kinda friendship u guys have been having all along.
So, if u guys have been having sex, I think now asking formally for a relationship might drive the guy away coz he might be just ok with the friends with benefit tn and nothing attached. So u gotta be careful how u spill the relationship thing.
And if u guys have not been having sex or playing silly,den u have more chance of getting a gud response when u talk about the relationship thing coz he might as well be feeling same way.
So,better to make ur feelings known and know ur fate before it's too late.
#just talking from a guy's perspective.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Sexxkillz: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
Wait for him to make the first move. That's the only way you're ever going to confirm that you're both on the same page. And when he does, pls, for your own sake, roll up your "shakara" and dump it in the dustbin. Playing hard to get with someone like this and at this stage is wholly detrimental to your ministry.

No matter what you do, don't tell him you want a relationship now, and that you want it to be him. Tell him you think you're ready for a relationship, and that you'll be putting yourself "in the market", while simultaneously reducing the time you spend with him. . . The idea is to make him see how available you are to him, WITHOUT telling him directly that you're available to him. If he doesn't get that hint, he'll never get it, even if you smear it on his face. That, will be the time you really start re-assessing your priorities.

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Smileprince(m): 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
Don't ever make the mistake to ask him about relationship first. Please don't I repeat. If he loves you he'll ask you out. Probably waiting for the right time.

And if you would like to know if he's interested in you. Please discuss with him about some someone else asking you out and you totally said No.
My point here is make him realise other gentle guys are after you.

For me he feels he's the best person in your life right now hence can toy with your feelings.

I'll say when he calls next time don't pick. or don't be the first to ask after him.

And when he ask about your little changes, be truthful to say you're getting too serious with him and don't know if he's the right thing to do. Don't hide your feelings but protect it openly to him and make him know you're not ready for to make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by firstking01(m): 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
Girls been hurding feelings since the time uncountable.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by sleekyonyx(f): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
firstking01:
Girls been hurding feelings since the time uncountable.
it's beta to hurd it....cos guys of now a days...
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Purpletee(f): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
I've been in your shoes before ..
please don't let him know about your feelings yet else he'll distance himself from you and that will be the end of it.

Instead reduce the time you spend with him,and if he complains try and adjust back...its not easy trying to win the heart of the one you love ....
Also reduce the intimacy level. .be there for him when he needs you and also turn him down a few times when he needs the other you...*if you know what I mean*
wish you luck dear..

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jolsnow:
I've been there.
"
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jolsnow:
I've been there.
"
nigga wit diz,u juz gave op a mini heart attack

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by FreeSpirited: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
Cut off the attention he's getting from you. Stop all intimacy benefit he's getting from you. He's probably using you to pass away time and loneliness if he doesn't really want a relationship .

BE scarce and get busy.....look your best anytime he has the opportunity to see you going out( that will make him think you are having fun somewhere triggering jealousy)

His reaction after this will tell if he really wants you..cos he would come for you plain and clear...and if he doesn't come out plane then it means he doesn't want something serious. just casual.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
if u go into a relationship with him, trust me hun! ure gonna care more than he cares ,cos u mite tend to love im more . u already love him enuf dat he gives u a bothered mind . Make him fall for u lyk madt den withdraw and go for him when you know he loves you more. BE DAT BAD GURL THAT GIVES HIS HEART HEADACHE FIRST
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by VaginaTerrorist(m): 12:15am On Jul 23, 2016
Girl, let me tel you d truth u both ar tomentin each other. But still hold on 2 ur self and let things flow the way they want to. Cux as a lady, it woun't favour u to come out straight to takeovertthe ship! Hehehehe no go do something wey u go regr8 later. Control urself. If it is s£x u r missing if you have not don so kindly finger urself by urself and have peace of mind.
JuicyGee:
Ok, I've gat to start from somewhere... Um.. After a horrible breakup two years ago, i dreaded relationships, i wanted to be alone and didn't want to feel vulnerable anymore. I fear break-ups most of all.

So i've been on this or should i say i was #teamsingle for 2years. Not until i met this really cool guy, he is a really nice person, fortunately we have wayyyy soooo much in common (i had to stress that. Lol). He didn't really ask me out, when we became friends. infact, he dreads relationship like i do.. I remember telling him i didnt want to care about him, and he said the feeling was mutual. I wasn't looking forward to a relationship either, in short we weren't looking forward to one. We were just having a feel-good moment. We've been together for 3months now and we've really gotten close and attached to each other. People think we're a couple but we aren't really dating. My friends wonder wat the hell i'm doing, i dont kw either. But Am now at a point where i'm certain i'm ready for a relationship but i'm not sure he is, i feel talking about it with him would force him to enter into a relationship... On the other i feel ''to hell with watever! I should just continue with the flow... I want something definite, but i dont kw if he's on the same page..

I don't know guys, i just felt like sharing this with someone and didn't know who to... ? ?
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by NemzySeries(m): 12:56am On Jul 23, 2016
VaginaTerrorist:
If it is s£x u r missing if you have not don so kindly finger urself by urself and have peace of mind.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......DJ self service in da building

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by firstking01(m): 6:32am On Jul 23, 2016
sleekyonyx:
it's beta to hurd it....cos guys of now a days...
Hurding feelings kills you faster than you'd ever imagine.
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2016
You defined the "relationship" from the beginning. You wanted fwb and so did he. Most guys fear commitment. We just wanna have fun with no strings attached and you gave that to him. To take it to the next stage, you gotta tell him you love him. You don't have to ask him out or anything. If he doesn't seem interested, reduce the time you spend with him and the attention you give him. We guys love attention too. If he sees that you're available on the open market, he'll do something about making you his.
If you "go with the flow", you're gonna flow till he gets married to another lady and he'll be right to do so.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by JuicyGee(f): 8:55am On Jul 23, 2016
Thanks alot guys.. I was skeptical about sharing this on NL cos of hw judgemental some NLers can be.. Your advise were totally helpful.. I mean, this was actually relieving to talk about it and get good response.. Thanks henrygale Sexxkillz Smileprince Purpletee
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by chigoizie7(m): 8:59am On Jul 23, 2016
My dear, stick with what u have with him.

Trust me, that definition of terms thing is a killer, once u define what u are having with him, u are bound to be having problems sooner than later.

Unless u re ready and strong enough to fight it
Re: I Don't Know If I Am In A Relationship. But There's A Man In My Life by Smileprince(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2016
JuicyGee:
Thanks alot guys.. I was skeptical about sharing this on NL cos of hw judgemental some NLers can be.. Your advise were totally helpful.. I mean, this was actually relieving to talk about it and get good response.. Thanks henrygale Sexxkillz Smileprince Purpletee
Thanks dear, glad you took our advise.

And let me add this, please ladies in the house. Whatever relationship you're in. It's important you feel needed, it's the duty of every man to show more of the love. I am not saying you shouldn't show love to your man. But always have a him wanna have you around and spend time with you. Because you people are special beings.

Take care

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Am Having A Reservation Why Some Men Go For Younger Or Underage / Ladies What Will U Do (picture) / 8 Sexiest Girls’ Body Parts That Attract Men The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.