Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

U A Snooper? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / U A Snooper? (1623 Views)

Hmmmm! Naija Girls And Cheating! Are U A Victim? / Are U A Victim? 'love At First Sight' / Are U A Virgin? Then Check This Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U A Snooper? by AniLee(f): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2009
I was talking with a friend earlier this morning and we became embroiled in a discussion about snooping.

Now she is of the opinion if her boyfriend leaves his wallet, cell phone etc on the dresser or whatever furniture she has the right to read any text messages and go through his things,

Apparently when she stays at his home she snoops through drawers cupboards and she admitted to snooping through garbage to see if there were condom packages,
I was utterly shocked, because trust is paramount in a relationship and to go to these extremes either she doesn't trust him as far as she can throw him or she is just plain nosey and this is a habitual problem,

How many men/ women do snoop, go through their S/O things hack into email accounts, check text messages?
Do you feel you have the right to check on him/her?

If you are that untrusting why be with them?
Re: U A Snooper? by izeek(m): 9:21am On Sep 16, 2009
there should be a level of snooping allowed, but haba her own is too much.
its not like trust is lacking when she checks his stuff, but like some1 told me, it shows concern from the other party.

but going tru garbage and all is downright silly.
Re: U A Snooper? by whitelexi(m): 9:27am On Sep 16, 2009
I aint surprised, women do so much snooping, i wont be surprised if they go into the septic tank to inspect your shit for particles and residue after u've flushed it down the loo grin grin grin
Re: U A Snooper? by izeek(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2009
Whitey doesn't bode well for a guy when his girl snoops up on every little thing.
shows u have trust issues and should do some rethink.
Re: U A Snooper? by Secretz(f): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2009
Oh please. The fact that you have to even 'snoop' in the first instance whether it be a little, or a lot, means you yourself have personal issues you need to deal with and shouldn't even bother being in a relationship. grin
Re: U A Snooper? by izeek(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2009
Secretz:

Oh please. The fact that you have to even 'snoop' in the first instance whether it be a little, or a lot, means you yourself have personal issues you need to deal with and shouldn't even bother being in a relationship. grin

tell me u have never peeped into ur bf's wallet, phone, wardrobe, file, letters, something of that sort.
lets not be hasty @ stating otherwise, i know its assumed wrong to snoop, but hey sometimes it does happen and we all know this fact.
dont go playing all saintly or godly or something!
Re: U A Snooper? by Secretz(f): 9:53am On Sep 16, 2009
izeek:

tell me u have never peeped into your bf's wallet, phone, wardrobe, file, letters, something of that sort.
lets not be hasty @ stating otherwise, i know its assumed wrong to snoop, but hey sometimes it does happen and we all know this fact.
dont go playing all saintly or godly or something!

Of course I have. I am not denying this!! But not now at this age or in this life anymore. If I had reason to it is surely a different thing entirely. But the way in which the OP described it, was a bit wayy too much snooping. grin
Re: U A Snooper? by candylips(m): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2009
haha snooping is in their blood
Re: U A Snooper? by Khemmi(f): 10:11am On Sep 16, 2009
Its okay 4 gurls to snoop a lil,cos guys r naturaly flirts.bt when a guy snoops,its always disgusting.i cud end d relatnshp 4 dat.
Re: U A Snooper? by candylips(m): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2009
Khemmi:

Its okay 4 gurls to snoop a lil,cos guys r naturaly flirts.bt when a guy snoops,its always disgusting.i cud end d relatnshp 4 dat.

really. sey u don jam guys like that bef4 smiley
Re: U A Snooper? by biola44: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2009
Khemmi:

because of wat he'll find! grin
Re: U A Snooper? by Khemmi(f): 10:24am On Sep 16, 2009
@candylips, Yes oh!i usd 2 av dis bf,who wud read all my msg,w/o letting me knw,n wud ask y i deleted sum of my sent items,check my stufs n all,check who cald me n who i cald,it ws realy disgusting.@biola, nt cos wat he wud find,cos he wunt find anythn.d worst thng dat cud eva hapen in a relatnshp is when d guy doesnt trust d gal,esp when she's true 2him.i'l end it cos i'l feel deeply hurt cs i was true2 him n he dint c it dat way.
Re: U A Snooper? by scottN(m): 10:27am On Sep 16, 2009
I think it is only natural 4 girls to snoop; its their nature. Besides they need to be sure of their status and cover their tracks  grin. Recent survey has shown that girls are more secretive and insecure than boys.
Re: U A Snooper? by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2009
Who dosent snoop? Even you guys snoop too.

Me I do it oh. I might not go to the extent of checking the garbage for CD packes, but be sure I'll read ur text messages, even the sent nes too, even the missed calls, dialed, recieved . . tongue cheesy
Re: U A Snooper? by Nezed(f): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2009
There are different angles to being a 'SNOOPER'.

1. My younger brother is a NATURAL snooper. He is barely 18yrs and he just likes to go through your stuffs. From your hair cream to your clothes(wants to know the label), to checking your pictures, your books, wallet(He takes joy in counting your money, he doesnt remove a pin) etc. He just loves been 'in the know of what is going on around you'.
So, we've left him be because, despite the raking and shouting, he cant help it. He is naturally curious, and guess wat? He decided on Journalism for a career! That would be great advantage huh?.

That is harmless right? What then happens when he goes into a relationship; though his snooping is not negative?

2. There are the negative BF/GF snoopers that want to check for information: Here the trust issues come into play. They go through your phone records, your wallet, want to know all your friends aand when you met them, etc.

3. There are also the snooping neighbours, friends (am having that problem now. My neighbour cum friend has taken to the habit of going through my fridge! Opens all the food cans to know what dish i have inside. As soon as i step into the kitchen, she slams the fridge shut!) who peep through the window to see who is dropping you off, to know who you are seeing, see what you are wearing, infact they just make your biz theirs.

All in all, i think snooping may not be totally evil (it can even be called 'curiousity').

The issue should lie on the INTENT of the snooper!
But basically, people in a relationship who snoop through their mate's personals have low esteem/confidence! Aint that kinda low class?
Re: U A Snooper? by tosyne007(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2009
I blv with wat everyone hav said here, they are right one way or the other but i will like to chip in a few personal beliefs on the topic.

I am very sure all of us here have done wat is called "snooping" before either concsiously or otherwise. Ladies tend to do more of this due to their level of insecurity and one cant really blame them due to the kind of frivolous activities we guys indulge in.  grin They do this from time to time to really know where they stand in the relationship cos their level of insecurity is high (thanks to guys).

But like someone said, when it's getting out of hand just like the poster potrayed, then one should worry. That's really disgusting!!!. I dont think i can condole such acts cos a certain level of trust is needed for a relationship to work.

For guys, we snoop occassionally to check out our investments (cos we invest so much on ladies) and we need to be sure our investments aint going down the drain like (Transcopr)  lipsrsealed. We all know the importance of this cannot be over-emphasised. Conclusively, i support a bit of "snooping" cos it makes the relationship more balanced and keeps the partners on their toes but we shouldnt allow it to get out of hand. So, it's neither a confidence or self-esteem issue but it's called watching eachother's back!!!
Re: U A Snooper? by Basildon1(m): 11:40am On Sep 16, 2009
It is unhealthy and annoying especially when you have someone just waiting for you to pop into the bathroom or go into the kitchen before pouncing on your phone!!
Re: U A Snooper? by truphie(f): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2009
Someone that snoops around so much has their personality screaming : I AM INSECURE!

Well, snooping is never good, you will eventually find what you're looking for. In the process,the heart you end up breaking,might just be yours.
Re: U A Snooper? by iice(f): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2009
Ani Lee:

How many men/ women do snoop, go through their S/O things hack into email accounts, check text messages?
Do you feel you have the right to check on him/her?

If you are that untrusting why be with them?

Alot.
I prolly have the right but i don't have the time or energy for all that. Come to think of it, i never have. If i wanted to see something i simply ask for it undecided Like his lil black book grin
Re: U A Snooper? by nana(f): 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2009
What u don't know won't hurt u! Snooping around is a sign of insecurity.
Re: U A Snooper? by Secretz(f): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2009
iice:

Alot.
I prolly have the right but i don't have the time or energy for all that. Come to think of it, i never have. If i wanted to see something i simply ask for it undecided Like his lil black book grin

nana:

What u don't know won't hurt u! Snooping around is a sign of insecurity.

Both of you, thank you jare. grin Why even bother snooping when the person has not even given you ANY sign or reason to suspect, for the need to go and snoop and only hurt yourself. grin
Re: U A Snooper? by iice(f): 12:43pm On Sep 16, 2009
Secretz:

Both of you, thank you jare. grin Why even bother snooping when the person has not even given you ANY sign or reason to suspect, for the need to go and snoop and only hurt yourself. grin

LOL i'd rather know though if something is up but i won't go snooping.
Re: U A Snooper? by Secretz(f): 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2009
iice:

LOL i'd rather know though if something is up but i won't go snooping.

LOL of course now. tongue
Re: U A Snooper? by scottN(m): 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2009
Just enjoy the moment/relationship while it lasts and 4get abt snooping. Snooping may only lead to the enjoyable moment ending faster and shorter. Who hasn't got a skeleton to hide in this world? However one advise is that should u need 2 snoop prepare your mind for the worst!
Re: U A Snooper? by LordReed(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2009
Yes I'll snoop, once awhile, her phone, not her bag, or her garbage,
Anyway I'd allow her snoop all she wants she just shouldn't become overly suspicious cos ain't nuffin dere!
Re: U A Snooper? by Yumi(f): 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2009
I don't snoop I have found the funniest thing is you usually catch people out in lies when you are extra nice to them and accomodating.   grin grin grin grin   Like by surprising them and volunteering to meet them somewhere they didn't invite you too just cause you want to spend time with them.   If a man was hiding his phone you would know something was up anyway no need to read the detail or if he is carrying it wherever he went.  These things have a way of coming out without even having to snoop.

If a man snoops on you then he probably has something to hide himself and is worrying if you are doing the same things he is.
Re: U A Snooper? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2009
going through the garbage is a bit much.
Re: U A Snooper? by blapo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2009
i don't see anything bad in snooping, just know your boundary and the consequences.
Re: U A Snooper? by hazureal(f): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
don't snoop 2 much 2 give urself hypertension. had dis boyfriend back then who always check my sms @ every little chance. he even checked & printed my emails(how did he get my password?). my ex was tryin to come back then, so boyfriend printed all d mails d ex sent(he however did not print my replies to d messages, where i blatantly refused my ex, tellin him i was over him & in a wonderful relationship). i had to end d relationship.
Re: U A Snooper? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2009
Its ok to do a little snooping now and again especially if its supposed to be an exclusive relationship.
Re: U A Snooper? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2009
If I suspect anything or he's acting in a way alien to your character, I will snoop. I just have to protect myself. A confrontation from me would be worse, so just leave me to snoop. grin
Re: U A Snooper? by izeek(m): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2009
union of snoops.

(1) (2) (Reply)

-- / Should I Tell Him / Hey Ladies, Check Out This Bra!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.