Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone (16797 Views)

5 Features You Should Spot If You Like To Watch Movies On Your Phone / 5 Features Of Nokia 7 Plus That Will Make You Ditch Your Phone / 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 08, 2016
ndhhd
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by alfredbisong: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2016
Plz sum1 tell me the full meaning of RAM, person my ignorance
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Meklex(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2016
My gionee m5 mini has the following:
4000mah battery
2gb ram
16gb rom
5.0 inch screen
8mp(back) and 5mp(front) camera
Premium design(gold color)
Fast charge

It's just the best!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Meklex(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2016
alfredbisong:
Plz sum1 tell me the full meaning of RAM, person my ignorance
Random Access Madness
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by anyiway(m): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2016
Please I need assistance. My Samsung galaxy Ace 5 was stolen. What should I do to disable the phone from usage? Urgent
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Pasuma23: 6:59am On Aug 08, 2016
gentlegenius:

Exactly...
But you must always remember that you are in Nigeria.
With those qaulity one should budget from 30k up
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Pasuma23: 7:00am On Aug 08, 2016
Its well
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Mbkite(m): 7:05am On Aug 08, 2016
I'm considering Tecno W4. Can someone constructively criticize the phone. Thanx.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by mfujah(m): 7:07am On Aug 08, 2016
Nobody izw talking about gionee M5... plz Google it
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Redman36(m): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2016
all dis talk about
RAM ROM megapixel camera ghz,are just too confusing for me. how do I know mine.?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 7:24am On Aug 08, 2016
piperson:
I've been on the fence, considering a strong battery but then again I need a fone with a very nice camere, sizable RAM(not sallah meat oh) ROM, chipset design

in all,,, which one phone get all this features

can I have all in one.. which phone

seems it has never been produced

RAM (atleast 2GB)
ROM (atleast 16GB)
BATTERY (atleast 3500mah)
PROCESSOR (atleast 4 cores & 2.0ghz)
FRONT CAMERA (atleast 5MP)
MOBILE DATA (atleast 3.5g)

And lastly,
SCREEN SIZE (atleast 5')
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 7:25am On Aug 08, 2016
Meklex:
My gionee m5 mini has the following: 4000mah battery 2gb ram 16gb rom 5.0 inch screen 13mp(back) and 5mp(front) camera Premium design(gold color) Fast charge
It's just the best!
the rear camera is 8mp, remember?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Meklex(m): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:

the rear camera is 8mp, remember?
yea, right. Modified
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2016
Redman36:
all dis talk about
RAM ROM megapixel camera ghz,are just too confusing for me. how do I know mine.?

JUST type the name of your device and add "specifications" to it and search on google.
e.g Gionee M5 specifications
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by bola4dprec(m): 7:30am On Aug 08, 2016
If you dont mind try to get oukitel k4000 pro at 35k
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 7:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Mbkite:
I'm considering Tecno W4. Can someone constructively criticize the phone. Thanx.

The RAM Is low (1GB)
and the battery too (2500mah)

Those are the 2 cons of the phone.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 7:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Meklex:
yea, right. Modified
no p, bro. Do you know much about processors?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 7:33am On Aug 08, 2016
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 7:34am On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:

The RAM Is low (1GB)
and the battery too (2500mah)

if you are to choose between infinix note2 x600 and gionee m5 mini, which will you choose? Especially based on processor
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Mbkite(m): 7:35am On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:

The RAM Is low (1GB) and the battery too (2500mah)
thanx bro
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Mbkite(m): 7:35am On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:

The RAM Is low (1GB) and the battery too (2500mah)
thanx bro
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by fison(m): 7:40am On Aug 08, 2016
sum1 tell me the full meaning of RAM, person my ignorance
RAM - Random Access Memory ROM - Read Only Memory
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by deLogo(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2016
RAm= Random Access Memory
ROM= Run Only Memory
Mega pixel= quality of the camera(to check this quality snap a picture and zoom it to the highest zoom if it still give you a clear picture to an extent then it on point)
Screen size doesn't really matter any thing from 4.3 inches and above is ok for me but not more than 5.5 inches
Then another thing I haven't heard anyone talk about is the audio quality. Not the loudness of the phone speakers but maybe let's say audio quality like blackberry when you are using an earphone.

Innjoo 2 somehow has got some
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Gofwane(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2016
Pleasee can anyone suggest me a windows phone with a ram size of upto 2gig screen size of 5'' or more
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 7:47am On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:

if you are to choose between infinix note2 x600 and gionee m5 mini, which will you choose? Especially based on processor
Both phones are 2 GB RAM

They both have Quad Core processor, but gionee m5 mini has a higher speed at 1.3ghz (compared to infinix note 2 which is 1.2ghz) - just a tiny difference though.

They both have 4000mah battery (cool)

But Gionee m5 mini has a 5 inch screen while infinix note 2 has 6inch screen - which means infinix note 2 will drain it's 4000mah battery more than gionee m5 mini will drain it's 4000mah battery .

So I'll go for gionee m5 mini grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by teacherbim(f): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2016
jammani:
Please get a phone with thumb print security

Its a form of maximum security for securing some app like your banking app, and other apps you wouldnt want to share with people

fingersecurity

Like which one pls?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by temmym4(m): 7:50am On Aug 08, 2016
OP. This is NIGERIA!
The first thing you should consider when choosing a smartphone is the BATTERY!
What good is a smartphone without a good battery? even with the highest mouthwatering features, if the battery is poor, you will get frustrated.

before u do any little thing, u are on your way to the AC wall to plug your phone again. how sweet can that be?

lf u consider price first, by choosing the cheapest phone in the market just because Nigeria is hard, in other words, u want a Jeep with a motorcycle price, then u ll spend more money buying another device when u eventually find out that THING you bought previously isn't a phone. Then u come back on Nairaland with stories that touch and how people should run away from the particular phone. Why not make ur research, sacrifice and buy a reliable device instead of looking for cheap awoof type. "Food wey sweet, na money kill am"

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Limerick: 7:51am On Aug 08, 2016
gentlegenius:
Here are the top 5 things I'll consider...
1. Remembering the fact that we are in Nigeria, where the economy is harsh and things are tough, the first thing I'll consider is the PRICE.
2. Remembering again that I am still in Nigeria, where NEPA now stands for Never Expect Power Always & PHCN means Please Hold Candle in Nigeria, I'll consider the BATTERY CAPACITY.
3. I'll consider the RAM & ROM size.
4. PROCESSOR type and speed.
5. SCREEN size.
Guy, just Go for Infinix Note 2(the 2gb ram variant) and thank me later..
Or thank me now self!!!!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by pek(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2016
Bluebloo maya. Surpasses expectations and price is very okay at 28k.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 7:56am On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:

Both phones are 2 GB RAM

They both have Quad Core processor, but gionee m5 mini has a higher speed at 1.3ghz (compared to infinix note 2 which is 1.2ghz) - just a tiny difference though.

They both have 4000mah battery (cool)

But Gionee m5 mini has a 5 inch screen while infinix note 2 has 6inch screen - which means infinix note 2 will drain it's 4000mah battery more than gionee m5 mini will drain it's 4000mah battery .

So I'll go for gionee m5 mini grin

i think the infinix has an octa-core
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by rockiedink(m): 7:57am On Aug 08, 2016
Dullahi:
Build Quality
Processor (SoC)
Software
Camera/Audio
Price

My favorite phones that fit this criteria: HTC 10, OnePlus 3, The New Moto Z duo and ZTE Axon 7.

You sabi beta tin! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Differences Between BB & Android / How To Block A Stolen Sim Card / Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.