Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone (16802 Views)

5 Features You Should Spot If You Like To Watch Movies On Your Phone / 5 Features Of Nokia 7 Plus That Will Make You Ditch Your Phone / 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 08, 2016
fados4sure:
If you have money, go & buy LG-G5 & thank me later.

It is run on Android 6, Snapdragon & 2800mah Removable battery.
I can tell you that with it 2800mah battery & on heavy usage, it last two days compare to useless Tecno L8 Plus with 5000mah & run on MTK that only last two days on heavy usage
correct! i can't even buy any mtk phone again,if i don't have money for new phone i will go for uk used of LG phone,no mtk,

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2016
Meklex:
My gionee m5 mini has the following:
4000mah battery
2gb ram
16gb rom
5.0 inch screen
8mp(back) and 5mp(front) camera
Premium design(gold color)
Fast charge

It's just the best!
Plz how much is gionee m5
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by henryboff(m): 11:25am On Aug 08, 2016
If you get money just go buy Iphone.
(If you want I can sell you a used Iphone 4 (white 8gb) for 25k and you will also pay the posting costs) Send me a message if you are interested.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by NigerianScholar: 11:52am On Aug 08, 2016
gentlegenius:
Here are the top 5 things I'll consider...
1. Remembering the fact that we are in Nigeria, where the economy is harsh and things are tough, the first thing I'll consider is the PRICE.
2. Remembering again that I am still in Nigeria, where NEPA now stands for Never Expect Power Always & PHCN means Please Hold Candle in Nigeria, I'll consider the BATTERY CAPACITY.
3. I'll consider the RAM & ROM size.
4. PROCESSOR type and speed.
5. SCREEN size.
Totally not necessary @ d bolded anything between 1800 and 2k mah is ok. A big battery just makes a phone stupidly heavy and difficult to carry and also bulky. Just get a phone that consumes very little power. If nepa is your problem, invest in a very good powerbank of abt 20,000mah. Simple
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by manopaka(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2016
Gofwane:
Pleasee can anyone suggest me a windows phone with a ram size of upto 2gig screen size of 5'' or more

Go for lumia 640xl. Its one of the best windows phone out there.though it packs 1gb ram.The good news is that windows are both the manufacturer of the hardware n OS- software. so it works seamlessly.

Just same way as Apple manufactures it own hard n soft ware for iphones.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Gofwane(m): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
manopaka:

Go for lumia 640xl. Its one of the best windows phone out there.though it packs 1gb ram.The good news is that windows are both the manufacturer of the hardware n OS- software. so it works seamlessly.

Just same way as Apple manufactures it own hard n soft ware for iphones.
thanks bro. I think i will settle for the lumia you just recommended.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by RitzyPrince(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:

That is where you got it wrong! The fact that they sell it cheap doesn't mean it's low quality. And besides how many Chinese phones have you used to conclude they're all self destructive? I have use tecno, infinix, letv etc and I've never had an issue with them neither did they self destruct in the course of usage.

And tell me which phone is not manufactured in China? Is it Samsung or iPhone, they all contract the manufacturing to Foxconn and other Chinese companies because of cheap labor.

The so called "high profile" brands make as much as 200% profit on phones they produce because they're brand names.
Xiaomi, letv, teclast, tecno, gionee and other major Chinese brands make less than 80% profit on their phones because they're common brands and as such there will be competition. The phones look like they're cheap but don't let them fool you, it's same components that are used in production based on specs though.

The rice you eat at tantalizers is not different from the one you eat at mama put. Na just "packaging" and design
you've a point. But if I get you right, do u mean the likes of Tecno, infinix, Letv, Gowin etc are of same quality with the likes of Samsung and iPhone but just sold cheaper? Is that what you meant?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by temmym4(m): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2016
jammani:

You cant bro.. you grant the app the priveldge of being an administrator. So the app itself can neither be forcestopped nor uninstalled..

Just again. Thumbprint is one of the most secured security as no one can have acess to your fone without your consent

lol. u believe so much in your android thumbprint device, i shake my head for u.
All i need is... switch off your device and spend 15 seconds in your bootloader, switch on your device and 20 seconds in your system data from root storage and edit ur init file. then i can go to settings and giv it a new thumbprint recognition, by then u ll beg me on your knees to release your phone from bondage.

Dude. u r so lucky we ar online and isn't physical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:
You "think" ? Then What's your source? You can always Google it
it has an octa core
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2016
Then which you choose?
Seunoni34
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2016
Source- jumia
Then which you choose?
Seunoni34
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
Meklex:
yea, if you don't mean chipset... I know about quad core octacore, decacore....

K bro.

Will you choose octacore over quadcore with the same 1.3GHZ?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by bola4dprec(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thanks 4 ur comment about three oukitel k4000 pro available for sale in Ilorin
Limerick:

Yea, that's also a nice droid
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Meklex(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:

K bro.

Will you choose octacore over quadcore with the same 1.3GHZ?
octacore is 8 in number and quad core is only 4...
So octa over quad core... It will make your device as fast as usain bolt
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
Meklex:
octacore is 8 in number and quad core is only 4...
So octa over quad core... It will make your device as fast as usain bolt

but drains ba3 faster, right?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Meklex(m): 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:

but drains ba3 faster, right?
yea... Don't buy if the battery is below 4000mah
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
RitzyPrince:
you've a point. But if I get you right, do u mean the likes of Tecno, infinix, Letv, Gowin etc are of same quality with the likes of Samsung and iPhone but just sold cheaper? Is that what you meant?
Its based on the phone specs and what you need in the phone you want to buy.

The higher the specifications(RAM, ROM, PROCESSOR,BATTERY) of a phone , the higher the price. Specs are measured in numbers and the numbers influence price. There are tecno phones that costs as much as high end samsung phones . There are huawei, vivo xplay,xaiomi, and leeco phones that costs far higher than samsung & iphone combined . And if you check their prices well you'll discover it was influenced by the specs.

The problem with an average Nigerian phone buyer is that he doesnt even know what he needs in a phone , he just goes to the market and buy what's popular and complements his class and status then comes here to defend it blindly. We love popular stuffs here and we have the belief that the popular ones are the best (Undisputedly true though) . But that is never the case most times.

Secondly, look at it this way, If you're a selfie/social media freak , then you need a phone with a higher front-camera, battery, strong network type (preferably 3.5g or 4g) and a high ROM(you can get tecno camon C9 although the battery is average & manageable ) .
If you're a serial gamer , then you need a phone with a higher RAM and Processor with a long battery life (phones like gionee M5 plus was made for people like that cos it has 5050mah battery) . If you're a constant traveler , then you need a phone with a higher battery,high resolution camera and network strength .. and so on

All these specs are there for a reason , thats why you'll hardly find a phone that has all specs in all , Some may have a super camera, ram , rom and 4G but have a 3000mah . Just know your needs and find which phone suits not just whats "popular".

I love fast phones and I'm a software developer too , because I can be working on different apps at the same time on my phone and as such I will need a phone with a higher GB of RAM and processor to execute tasks faster, so I got a 3GB RAM, 2.2 GHz octa core processor phone (letv 1s) and the phone has never lagged or hanged for over the 6 months + that I've been using it. Infact the phone don dey tire me self (I can do almost every task in a flash). I'm not marketing , you can look the phone specs up for yourself.

Lastly, When it comes to mobile phones "Quality" is measured in numbers not necessary price, you cant just look at a phone and conclude its quality just by brand name or price , I've been there , and as a software developer i know better.
Infact ,What constitute the quality ? There has to be something, and that is where Specifications come in. All phone manufacturers put their specs online and if you're a tech person you'll know better when you see one that suits your needs.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2016
Meklex:
yea... Don't buy if the battery is below 4000mah

k.

In general, infinix note2 x600 or gionee m5 mini?

I asked someone here b4 but i just wanna seek different opinion
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Meklex(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:

k.

In general, infinix note2 x600 or gionee m5 mini?

I asked someone here b4 but i just wanna seek different opinion
I currently use m5 mini.... The only edge it has over x600 is the 2gb ram
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Totally not necessary @ d bolded anything between 1800 and 2k mah is ok. A big battery just makes a phone stupidly heavy and difficult to carry and also bulky. Just get a phone that consumes very little power. If nepa is your problem, invest in a very good powerbank of abt 20,000mah. Simple

You said a big battery makes the phone stupidly heavy , and you're recommending a powerbank ? Is that not an extra weight on its own?
My phone has a 3000mah battery and its lighter than iphone/samsung.
Except you're using an iphone , any android phone below 3000mah in this time and age under this nepa condition is a no no. Infact if I see an affordable 4000mah now I'll gladly buy.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2016
iphone and samsung phones hardly have more than 2500mah battery that is why I dont even recommend to anyone
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2016
Meklex:
I currently use m5 mini.... The only edge it has over x600 is the 2gb ram

So, you're saying it's better than m5 mini?

It has 2gb ram variant, though
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
temmym4:

Jesus! Bro. i know you love your lg phone but this is too much.

u just quoted.. a 2800mah device running a Snapdragon CPU will last longer than a 5000mah MTK device?
even if u compare both CPU with the same exact battery spec, will they ever have the same battery life?

and did u say ur LG uses 2 days with that Battery? The Love you have for this phone is too much. either u hardly touch that device at all or u are somehow related to Lie Mohammed. May God forgive you.
Bro am not in any way lying. If you think am lying, you can google LG-G5 battery life & see what people are talking about it. I am dam serious about heavy usage & don't forget it run on android 6 which optimize batter & also on Qualcomm Snapdragon that is own by United States compare to Tecno L8plus that is run by MTK that is a Chinnesse.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:
Source- jumia

Then which you choose?

Seunoni34
Link to the jumia page . Let me check
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Meklex(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:

So, you're saying it's better than m5 mini?

It has 2gb ram variant, though
gionee m5 mini don't have support like custom roms... Etc... Heard that it won't get update for marshmallow but the phone is a nice phone but I'd still go for x600
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
fados4sure:

Bro am not in any way lying. If you think am lying, you can google LG-G5 battery life & see what people are talking about it. I am dam serious about heavy usage & don't forget it run on android 6 which optimize batter & also on Qualcomm Snapdragon that is own by United States compare to Tecno L8plus that is run by MTK that is a Chinnesse.
Oga Mediatek processors are made in Taiwan and your LG was manufactured in india the same country where Gionee & co are made too cheesy
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:

Link to the jumia page . Let me check

that's it. Check it out

www./infinix-note-2/
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by seunoni34(m): 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:

https://www./infinix-note-2/

that's it. Check it out

Ok seen, Its gonna be faster but with 6inch screen it will definitely drain its 4040mah battery earlier than gionee m5 mini will drain its 4000mah which is 5'inch screen. So @shabib the choice is yours . Do you go for longer battery life or clock speed ?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:

Ok seen, Its gonna be faster but with 6inch screen it will definitely drain its 4040mah battery earlier than gionee m5 mini will drain its 4000mah which is 5'inch screen. So @shabib the choice is yours . Do you go for longer battery life or clock speed ?

thanks bro. I appreciate
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Shabib(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
Meklex:
gionee m5 mini don't have support like custom roms... Etc... Heard that it won't get update for marshmallow but the phone is a nice phone but I'd still go for x600

is there no official thread for the m5 mini here on nairaland?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
seunoni34:

Oga Mediatek processors are made in Taiwan and your LG was manufactured in india the same country where Gionee & co are made too cheesy
Oga my LG-G5 is made frm LG plant in South Korea. I did not dispute the fact that LG is not in India & secondly, check your source very well MTK is in Shenzen province in China & you may want to know that it is Taiwan that is making HTC yet, HTC prefer to go USA for their processor.

#get-your-fact-right
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Meklex(m): 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Shabib:

is there no official thread for the m5 mini here on nairaland?
none

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is Most User Friendly, Samsung, Nokia, Bb Or iPhone / Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device / How To Block A Stolen Sim Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.