Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone (16747 Views)

5 Features You Should Spot If You Like To Watch Movies On Your Phone / 5 Features Of Nokia 7 Plus That Will Make You Ditch Your Phone / 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by piperson(m): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
I've been on the fence, considering a strong battery but then again I need a fone with a very nice camere, sizable RAM(not sallah meat oh) ROM, chipset design

in all,,, which one phone get all this features

can I have all in one.. which phone

seems it has never been produced

1 Share

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by gentlegenius(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Here are the top 5 things I'll consider...
1. Remembering the fact that we are in Nigeria, where the economy is harsh and things are tough, the first thing I'll consider is the PRICE.
2. Remembering again that I am still in Nigeria, where NEPA now stands for Never Expect Power Always & PHCN means Please Hold Candle in Nigeria, I'll consider the BATTERY CAPACITY.
3. I'll consider the RAM & ROM size.
4. PROCESSOR type and speed.
5. SCREEN size.

25 Likes

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by piperson(m): 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
gentlegenius:
1. Remembering the fact that we are in Nigeria, where the economy is harsh and things are tough, the first thing I'll consider is the PRICE.
2. Remembering again that I am still in Nigeria, where NEPA now stands for Never Expect Power Always & PHCN means Please Hold Candle in Nigeria, I'll consider the BATTERY CAPACITY.
5. SCREEN size.

great tip bro
so u r saying
battery first
then the RAM and ROM secondly

so it's better for me to have a 2gig ram and 16 rom with an 1.3ghz
than for me to have a 1gig ram and 8 gig rom with a 2.0ghz ryt
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by gentlegenius(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
piperson:

great tip bro
so u r saying
battery first
then the RAM and ROM secondly

so it's better for me to have a 2gig ram and 16 rom with an 1.3ghz
than for me to have a 1gig ram and 8 gig rom with a 2.0ghz ryt
Exactly...
But you must always remember that you are in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by piperson(m): 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
gentlegenius:

Exactly...
But you must always remember that you are in Nigeria.

battery first!

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Dullahi(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2016
Build Quality
Processor (SoC)
Software
Camera/Audio
Price

My favorite phones that fit this criteria: HTC 10, OnePlus 3, The New Moto Z duo and ZTE Axon 7.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Xhaka(m): 10:58am On Jul 25, 2016
Check out L8plus, bet you'd love it.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Rick9(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2016
RAM - 1GB or More anything less is a no no.

ROM- 16GB

Processor - 1GHz

Battery - 3000mah and above

Screen 5.0 - 5.5 inches

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by piperson(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
Rick9:
RAM - 1GB or More anything less is a no no.

ROM- 16GB

Processor - 1GHz

Battery - 3000mah and above

Screen 5.0 - 5.5 inches

do u know much about chipset? what about the chipset
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Rick9(m): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
piperson:

do u know much about chipset? what about the chipset
don't know much about Chipset
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by piperson(m): 1:22am On Aug 08, 2016
gentlegenius:
5. SCREEN size.
with these ur presciptions, , which phone best fit
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by chimah3(m): 5:55am On Aug 08, 2016
Camera
Design
Battery
Brand
Durability
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Bsc(m): 5:56am On Aug 08, 2016
Battery life
Network strenght
picture quality (i hv seen mobile phones with 13 mega pixel yet the quality of samsung with 8mega pixel beats them.)
Consider phones whos part's are available within your country incase of replacement of damaged part.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 08, 2016
Make
Battery
Camera
Ram size
Parts availability in case of damage.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by vicfajeze: 6:00am On Aug 08, 2016
Nokia 1100 is the best
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by olufoluke: 6:00am On Aug 08, 2016
"Whatsappable" grin. Cos it wont b available on BlackBerry by nxt year.

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by GMBuhari: 6:01am On Aug 08, 2016
Price

Power

Aesthetics

Durability

Capability (RAM,ROM,Processing Speed , Camera, Connectivity)

Second hand value
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Ezedon(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2016
RAM, PICTURE QUALITY AND LONG LASTING BATTERY

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by free2ryhme: 6:06am On Aug 08, 2016
versatility
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by alexarelano(m): 6:10am On Aug 08, 2016
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by code11(m): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2016
Same here,
1. Price
2 battery
3 Ram
4 Rom
5 chipset
6 HD screen

I use Lenovo vibe p1m
It's 35k
4000mah
2gb ram
16gb rom
1.0ghz quad core
HD screen

Great phone. There are others like it too

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by mortaryorsat: 6:23am On Aug 08, 2016
[quote author=gentlegenius post=47819867]Here are the top 5 things I'll consider...
5. SCREEN size.
I advise you go for gionee M5,u will like it guy.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Flexherbal(m): 6:24am On Aug 08, 2016
gentlegenius:
5. SCREEN size.
You are on point.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by jammani(m): 6:25am On Aug 08, 2016
Please get a phone with thumb print security

Its a form of maximum security for securing some app like your banking app, and other apps you wouldnt want to share with people

fingersecurity

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by rawpadgin(m): 6:26am On Aug 08, 2016
cool
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 08, 2016
Battery capacity over anything!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Mypeople2(m): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2016
The BATTERY should come first(at least 3600mAH).The second is PICTURE QUALITY of at least 8mp.Thirdly,the SCREEN SIZE . It should be between 5.0- 6.0 inches. Fourthly, a ROM SIZE of 16gig and above is okay.Lastly, a RAM SIZE of at least 1gig . Anything less than these, is useless...no matter the name of the phone or the amount of money you bought it.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Abayor7: 6:31am On Aug 08, 2016
since the qualities have been listed up there..

Tecno L5..

thank me later
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 08, 2016
Ram size 3gb at least
Camera resolution...nt necessarily how many "megapixel"
Screen resolution...420 dpi at least
Battery durability
Price
Re: What Are The Top 5 Features One Should Consider Before Getting A New Phone by azeecoboy(m): 6:35am On Aug 08, 2016
FIRST of all battery life is very important o esp in this naija we dey...
SECOND of all,CAMERA,a must feature to consider maybe because i love taking pictures.
3.it's RAM,u might ignore the ROM but THe RAM of a phone is to be considered as it determine the free flowming of a phone
4.PRICE,this depend on ur pocket...u'd like to go for a phone with great specs tho might be expensive.
5.lastly,size of a phone...u will surely enjoy surfing nairaland on a 5"inch than a 4"inch phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before You Vandalise That Communication Mast Next To Your House / Samsung Mock Apple Before Iphone Release / Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.