Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This (46105 Views)

Why Your Smartphone Needs A Screen Protector / Crack Any Screen Lock On Andriod Be It Pattern Or Password / How To Bypass FRP Lock On Any Samsung Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by linearity: 1:53am On Jul 24, 2016
You can customize your next of kins contacts on your lock screen.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by InvertedHammer: 1:58am On Jul 24, 2016
/
The same as saying...Don't put burglar proof in your house because of fire outbreak.

\

1 Like

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by mamawin(f): 2:13am On Jul 24, 2016
danielous:
I put password because of our last born,. ..she can press fone shocked
my children made me do this, the way they play games enh, you go fear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by cheestar85: 2:20am On Jul 24, 2016
u have just pictured one of the disadvantages of security locks on fon, is there any advantage at all? sweet story.m
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 24, 2016
most if not all screen lock has a feature where the number of a next of kin or emergecy contact and email is always displayed. atleast i have that feature on mine.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 24, 2016
linearity:
You can customize your next of kins contacts on your lock screen.
exactly. maybe people don't know how to activate the feature.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by erico2k2(m): 2:57am On Jul 24, 2016
marshborn:
A friend of mine was involved in a a motor accident on his way makurdi, somewhere in a remote part of benue state, according to eye witnesses he became unconscious and was rushed to the local health centre around that area for first aid treatment.

The good samaritans that helped were able to locate his two phones and they tried contacting his family or friends to inform them of his where about, but to their disappointment the two phones were locked. He stayed in the state of coma for two good days before finally giving up the ghost, because the local health centre lacked the professionals to keep him alive.
Had his phone been accessible he might have stood a better chance of being alive today.

So avoid putting a screen lock on all your phones, it's okay to lock certain applications that may contain personal messages and informations e.g mobile banking app, WhatsApp e.t.c. but at least leave the contact list accessible to everybody, DON'T PUT A SCREEN LOCK.
This might just save your life.

Rubbish, this is 2016 you should know the answer to screen lock when its a do or die matter,.If you or any other person ever find themselves i n this situation remove the SIm card, and put it in your phone,there would be one or two contacts o n it.So to this I will say always store the numbers of close friends and families on your SIM card.Screen Lock is very essential.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by erico2k2(m): 3:00am On Jul 24, 2016
Winneygirl:
I stopped locking my phone about 3 years ago.
Nobody prays for bad things to happen.
We also need to be less secretive.
Why should I go crazy if my phone is accessed?
Cos Kidnappers might just use your phone to demand ransom, then your life just ended.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by benjibabs(m): 3:50am On Jul 24, 2016
I'm not sure of other phones, but iPhone now comes with Medical ID that can be accessed when the phone is locked. On the medical ID page, you can access the phone owner's basic bio data and emergency contact. One can even call the emergency contact while the phone is locked.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by FuckTheMod: 4:04am On Jul 24, 2016
[s]
marshborn:
A friend of mine was involved in a a motor accident on his way makurdi, somewhere in a remote part of benue state, according to eye witnesses he became unconscious and was rushed to the local health centre around that area for first aid treatment.

The good samaritans that helped were able to locate his two phones and they tried contacting his family or friends to inform them of his where about, but to their disappointment the two phones were locked. He stayed in the state of coma for two good days before finally giving up the ghost, because the local health centre lacked the professionals to keep him alive.
Had his phone been accessible he might have stood a better chance of being alive today.

So avoid putting a screen lock on all your phones, it's okay to lock certain applications that may contain personal messages and informations e.g mobile banking app, WhatsApp e.t.c. but at least leave the contact list accessible to everybody, DON'T PUT A SCREEN LOCK.
This might just save your life.

[/s]
So unfortunate for him.
But that doesn't justify....

You are telling me now that no call came from his loved ones for two days?
Cooked up story
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by FuckTheMod: 4:06am On Jul 24, 2016
marshborn:

Sim card also requested a pin.
Liar

Where you there?

Fake story teller undecided
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by erico2k2(m): 4:10am On Jul 24, 2016
FuckTheMod:

Liar

Where you there?

Fake story teller undecided
Come on man it does, some sim will ask for PUK number if activate and when you remove them from a working fone, but the network service has it.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 24, 2016
Always always lock your phones.

1 Like

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by professore(m): 4:40am On Jul 24, 2016
This is something to note
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by adconline(m): 4:48am On Jul 24, 2016
What are the odds of u getting in motor accident?
It's like saying that having an ATM card can u killed if run into armed robbers
Or What if ur alerts are read by kidnappers?
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Tenplet(m): 4:50am On Jul 24, 2016
dis advice na for naija babes..no offense tho!..just my mind
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by PrinceEvolution(m): 4:58am On Jul 24, 2016
u deserve cappuccino hot one and nice home made cake for this comment u have brains.. grin grin grin grin
plainol:
Why not put his sim card in another phone, or the health care personnel don't know this.?
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Charles545: 5:01am On Jul 24, 2016
gurunlocker:

I love it when people think out of box.... Best post I read on Nairaland today, even this month.

well,I have a divergent view... in this era of Google contact and phone storage , some have all their contacts stored there and non on sim card,to avoid duplicity after synchronization. it's best to either leave your phone without a password or add an "in case of emergency contact " to the display feature on lock screen.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Ndeewonu: 5:04am On Jul 24, 2016
For me, I have a third phone, a small Nokia phone, that has no Passcode, which is even good for my own safety and convenience because I always use it quickly in a split second. It is also very cheap.

I don't subscribe to leaving a Smartphone open, but I advise that we have another cheap phone that is Always open.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by authenticman(m): 5:12am On Jul 24, 2016
OP, are u saying during those two days there was no single fone call from a family member or friend? This story doesn't sound plausible though the moral behind it is good
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by erniewhez(m): 5:17am On Jul 24, 2016
Wisen up jare, all they cld have done is to remove his sim and put on someone else phone and search sim contact. all those around the incidence plus the hospital staffers are MUMU
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:32am On Jul 24, 2016
UIA04:
@op I suspect you got this info from those random whatsapp bc's

As someone said earlier just put the Sim in another phone
He didn't die because he locked him phone but because those people didn't think outside the box
plainol:
Why not put his sim card in another phone, or the health care personnel don't know this.?

this may not work as many people do not save contacts on sim again when because of the following
1. saving on phone allows u have more than one number under a name and also more details unlike sim

2. with era of phone thiefs, and contact loss, its better to save on cloud like google. helps retrieving contacts easy either in case of phone change or after formatting ur phone.

removing the sim may not be an option
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Coldfeets: 5:45am On Jul 24, 2016
As long as people will not respect another person's privacy and steer clear from people's phone, I will not quit using screen lock

I don't go thru your phone so why on earth would you make going thru my phone your only hobby? undecided

Truth be told, the person that died died because it was his time to die, screen lock or not

If it wasn't his time, I believe God would have used one or two of his numerous mysterious working ways to preserve his lyfe tongue
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Onyeani5million(m): 5:58am On Jul 24, 2016
plainol:

some sim cards also has password, but they could have tried to see if his sim also has password.

i dont use screen lock but my Sim has a password. once i switch it off if you on it or put my sim in another phone it ask you the password to open in.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by SouthernBreeze(m): 6:20am On Jul 24, 2016
plainol:
My thought. But still there are some that save contacts to phone memory. I think it's better we do away with this phone lock stuff
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by mhaki(m): 6:28am On Jul 24, 2016
I recently started using a password on my mobile device because I lost 2 phones within a space of one month in Lagos. I cant risk a stranger accessing my data, bank details, SMS, work and personal emails.

Alternatively, you can carry a small note with a list of emergency numbers in your wallet or bag.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 24, 2016
What the OP has said is very true. Im a living example of how an unlocked phone saved a life.
In Abuja in 2014, I was involved in an accident on my way to work , the bike i was on had a head on collision with a camry. I blacked out instantly, the lady who came to my rescue took out my phone and called my dad who along with other family members rushed to the scene.
I was taken Asokoro gen hospital when they met up with me. I sustained a serious spinal cord injury of which im still recovering from today on a wheel chair. If my phone wasn't unlocked i may not have survived it as mehn our general hospital according to my family were just pathetic abt my condition.
Please i urge u all to take this warning seriously.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by admindim: 6:34am On Jul 24, 2016
rip u can put screen lock inside onephone and the other no lock
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Perfectionist11: 6:39am On Jul 24, 2016
Have you ever come across sim cards that requests for pin code also?

UIA04:
@op I suspect you got this info from those random whatsapp bc's

As someone said earlier just put the Sim in another phone
He didn't die because he locked him phone but because those people didn't think outside the box
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by ambyzown(m): 6:42am On Jul 24, 2016
Android phones have an emergency call feature that will allow you call certain numbers stored under ICE contacts. You do not need a PIN or Password to make calls to these numbers even if a screen lock is active.
See the following screen shots from my Samsung Galaxy device running Lolipop 5.1.2

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by biookuta(m): 6:46am On Jul 24, 2016
Pandorabox:
Same thought came into my mind.
yeah Samthing To Me
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Perfectionist11: 6:47am On Jul 24, 2016
Locking d phone is done MOSTLY by people who have multiple partners i.e unfaithful people..but you can still lock some confidential apps(Messages,social networking apps e.t.c).. & if you don't want someone(probably a kid) to touch your phone tell him/her & put it inside your pocket.
Thanks OP...I have placed an order on Jumia to have 1 Gala and 2 sachets of pure water delivered to your doorstep for posting this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Cancel Etisalat Internet Daily Deduction / Introducing The New Iphone SE: Cheapest Iphone Ever (Mini But Mighty) / Mtn Zone: Know How Much You Pay For Calls Before Dialing A Number!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.