Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This (46107 Views)

Why Your Smartphone Needs A Screen Protector / Crack Any Screen Lock On Andriod Be It Pattern Or Password / How To Bypass FRP Lock On Any Samsung Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Johnny19: 6:48am On Jul 24, 2016
MzPecs:

General Secretary NL space bookers association
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 24, 2016
I have two phones, one is Android and the other is torch light, the torch light had all my important numbers, so.i am not bothered
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by naijamafioso: 6:51am On Jul 24, 2016
princey83:

exactly. maybe people don't know how to activate the feature.
Abeg, how?
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by omenka(m): 7:00am On Jul 24, 2016
DaBullIT:
I disagree with you bruv

that's what ICE (In Case of Emergency) is for

works on android,BB,windows and IoS platforms

My phone is my personal space, more or less like my room , if i find you in my room without my permission we go fight taya grin grin grin

The same way you get angry when you find a stranger in your apartment or building

How would calling relatives save his life ? Will they just manifest to Lagos if the accident occourred in Abuja ? Will they transport blood via email if he needs transfusion ?

The way i see it , Everyone should always carry ID card with Relative's number or Download ICE
I taya oo!! The thread no just make sense to me.

If I hear say I leave my phone unlocked! gringrin
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by victorjoe(m): 7:03am On Jul 24, 2016
marshborn:

From what I heard everything was locked, both sim and phone.

So are you saying nobody called his phones on those 2 days?
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by calebify1(m): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2016
marshborn:
A friend of mine was involved in a a motor accident on his way makurdi, somewhere in a remote part of benue state, according to eye witnesses he became unconscious and was rushed to the local health centre around that area for first aid treatment.

The good samaritans that helped were able to locate his two phones and they tried contacting his family or friends to inform them of his where about, but to their disappointment the two phones were locked. He stayed in the state of coma for two good days before finally giving up the ghost, because the local health centre lacked the professionals to keep him alive.
Had his phone been accessible he might have stood a better chance of being alive today.

So avoid putting a screen lock on all your phones, it's okay to lock certain applications that may contain personal messages and informations e.g mobile banking app, WhatsApp e.t.c. but at least leave the contact list accessible to everybody, DON'T PUT A SCREEN LOCK.
This might just save your life.

Really appreciate this post..

1 Like

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Taeewo(m): 7:15am On Jul 24, 2016
So the sim cant be remove to another phone, those rescuer lack common sense... I hate locking my phone...
marshborn:
A friend of mine was involved in a a motor accident on his way makurdi, somewhere in a remote part of benue state, according to eye witnesses he became unconscious and was rushed to the local health centre around that area for first aid treatment.

The good samaritans that helped were able to locate his two phones and they tried contacting his family or friends to inform them of his where about, but to their disappointment the two phones were locked. He stayed in the state of coma for two good days before finally giving up the ghost, because the local health centre lacked the professionals to keep him alive.
Had his phone been accessible he might have stood a better chance of being alive today.

So avoid putting a screen lock on all your phones, it's okay to lock certain applications that may contain personal messages and informations e.g mobile banking app, WhatsApp e.t.c. but at least leave the contact list accessible to everybody, DON'T PUT A SCREEN LOCK.

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Megaflex(m): 7:16am On Jul 24, 2016
nyc post. but pls op, hw can som1 lock his whatsapp chat? dats d main reason why i lock my fone. dont want pple getting in2 my private chats
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by murmee: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2016
therealchase:
If the doctor or nurses were despirate to save his life they would have removed the sim and inserted it into another phone....and if they had knowledge about Android phones they should have booted the phone into recovery formatted it and then restarted it...so what are you saying now that we should stop using lock patterns Cmon it was just an unforseen circumstance
Would that not wipe off all information on the phone and sim? just asking to be more enlightened.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by menxer: 7:20am On Jul 24, 2016
The reason that guy died is because the local health centre lacked the professionals to treat him not phone lock.

Or what help could the family members be when the health center lack the professionals?

Why did they not continue the good work of a Samaritan by transferring the guy to a better hospital, than letting him die on a flimsy excuse of his phone was locked?
Pathetic.

Besides, was the sim inbuilt that it couldn't be transferred to another phone?
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by murmee: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2016
princey83:

exactly. maybe people don't know how to activate the feature.
Is the feature available on all Android phones?
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by menxer: 7:27am On Jul 24, 2016
linearity:
You can customize your next of kins contacts on your lock screen.

How will they know that, when some people carry phones that are smarter than themselves?
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Emu4life(m): 7:29am On Jul 24, 2016
Why cant dey remuv d sim and put it in anoda 4on..see mumu story abeg...d pple shuld all b jailed 4 murder.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Emu4life(m): 7:32am On Jul 24, 2016
menxer:
The reason that guy died is because the local health centre lacked the professionals to treat him not phone lock.

Or what help could the family members be when the health center lack the professionals?

Why did they not continue the good work of a Samaritan by transferring the guy to a better hospital, than letting him die on a flimsy excuse of his phone was locked?
Pathetic.

Besides, was the sim inbuilt that it couldn't be transferred to another phone?
bros no mind dem, foolish pple wit upside down brain.mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Jeffy1206(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2016
Finger print is the way to go too... His prints would have been used as well even on conscious... I stopped putting yeye pattern on phone when I lost all my info due to incessant trial by my younger ones sad
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by therealchase(m): 7:55am On Jul 24, 2016
murmee:
Would that not wipe off all information on the phone and sim? just asking to be more enlightened.
It would but for someone who had two phones it means most of his contacts would be saved on the sim card that means after formatting you would still find it on the phone!!
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by BerryBlaster: 8:03am On Jul 24, 2016
marshborn:

Haba Op. For two good days and none of his family members call his phones. Then I believe they wouldnt have come even if they were called.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 24, 2016
hungrynigerian:
True talk bro, I don't even use a screen lock.
i hate if am operating som1 fone & it lock wit code hmmm am done i cant continue again when u open it
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by kuuljay(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2016
I started locking my fone when I discovered that sometimes while in the pocket my fone will pick a number dial it and discuss with the person without my knowledge, at a point people were calling me to tell me why I called them and when I checked I find out my fone did the call
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by bigiyaro(m): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2016
kazyhm:
some people have 360 security software installed on their phones, to even pick calls on their behave is a very big task
mostly girls dat have enof boys frens
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by bigiyaro(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2016
marshborn:

if am there, I will try to remove his Sim card and put in another phone. Those village people r stupiiid for keeping him there instead of taking him to the nearest hospital, atlist he can be referred to where he can be treated.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by bigiyaro(m): 8:30am On Jul 24, 2016
This story no make sense, i no jst fit believe am.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by UjSizzle(f): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2016
I have a colleague that has every single app on his phone locked. Why na? Something he downloaded from facebook-- 360 lock I think undecided

I've never understood why people lock their devices. Never had a reason to lock mine either. The first time I tried it, the stress of unlocking to every time I want to access my device was enough reason to get rid of the phone protection.

If you don't have skeletons or things you're ashamed of on your phone, please leave the device alone.

Those nosy people who enjoy poking through other people's messages without permission should receive sense. You have serious issues if you have difficulties minding your own business.

@OP Very timely info. Hopefully someone will learn something.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by UjSizzle(f): 8:33am On Jul 24, 2016
kuuljay:
I started locking my fone when I discovered that sometimes while in the pocket my fone will pick a number dial it and discuss with the person without my knowledge, at a point people were calling me to tell me why I called them and when I checked I find out my fone did the call
How does your phone 'wake up' in your pocket to dial numbers if the screen goes to sleep?
Sure you don't have a faulty phone?
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by kuuljay(m): 8:48am On Jul 24, 2016
UjSizzle:

How does your phone 'wake up' in your pocket to dial numbers if the screen goes to sleep?
Sure you don't have a faulty phone?
It's not faulty it's a Z10 so a simple slide or swipe on the screen can wake it up even in your pocket
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by RGem(f): 8:50am On Jul 24, 2016
In my wallet, I have a pic of me. At the back of the photo,my Dad and mum's number are written there. I don't lock my phones anyway.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Kbshow007(m): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2016
But that doesn't stop them from removing his sim card and insert it in another phone to make calls..Though ur write up was a bit helpful though.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2016
I just rushed and removed my fingerprint lock now now. My wife go definitely catch with whatsapping with girls.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by samsof1: 9:46am On Jul 24, 2016
plainol:
Why not put his sim card in another phone, or the health care personnel don't know this.?
don't you know there are some SIM card that also using pin code too.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by prof800(m): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2016
Most of you here judging the veracity of the story don't get it at all.

There is a MORAL LESSON in the story. It has nothing to do with whether it is fictitious or real. (just like every other fairy tale).

Get the MORAL of the story. "Minimise your use of locks and security on your phones and gadgets".

I personally think you should use locks only when and where it is "absolutely" necessary. Some people just use pattern locks because they see everyone else using it so they think it looks cool or techy.

I don't use security locks in any of my devices; phones, laptop etc. I am still trying to convince myself since the past SEVEN YEARS to use it.
Re: Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This by Flyingngel(m): 10:15am On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=plainol post=47817286]Why not put his sim card in another phone, or the health care personnel don't know this.?

What if all d major contact that is family is stored in d phone. U knw there is a situation whereby ur sim is full and all other numbers is stored in d phone. In that situation what shld one do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Cancel Etisalat Internet Daily Deduction / Introducing The New Iphone SE: Cheapest Iphone Ever (Mini But Mighty) / Mtn Zone: Know How Much You Pay For Calls Before Dialing A Number!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.