Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. (28140 Views)

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria / Boko Haram Kidnaps 22 Girls And Women In North-east Nigeria / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Pchidexy(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2016
Ioannes:

Epp me ask dem o.
Wetin concern una for Igbo matter? Ndi ara!
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintdennis(m): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=cheruv post=47829844][/quote]

Chaii lack of knowledge is bad...
Even if u did not study geography @least u should understand the difference between map of IGBO TRIBES and map of IGBO KINGDOMS.

Anyway i'm not surprised after all many of u ignorant nigerians think benin country is landlocked

If the brits agreed itsekiri, urhobo, ebo(ibo) and other tribes in the delta region were under benin kingdom i'm rest assured that @ the right time una eye go clear.

Half baked historical brains...anywhere igbos dey mean say na igboland los

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 8:16am On Jul 24, 2016
cheruv:

Sam Onunāka Mbakwe,the first civilian governor of old Imo state was the one who built Imo airport which is presently known as SMICA(Sam Mbakwe international cargo airport).
The airport was built from donations of Igbos from present day Imo, Abia and Ebonyi South senatorial zone as these areas were the old Imo state.
We as Igbos were so proud of that airport to the extent that the first act of the buhari military administration in Jan '84 was to seize control of all airports in Nigeria(smica inclusive)
My grannies contributed for that airport, so don't come give me that northern BS!
And it was bkos buhari was so jealous of Sam mbakwe's achievements in old Imo state that he decided to leave him in prison... Only the coming of IBB freed the gentleman.
Even the milAds you're screaming about were Igbos, so what the trash are you saying sef

Stop lying abeg...

Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport also known as Imo State Airport,[2] serves Owerri, the capital city of Imo State in southeastern Nigeria. The airport is named in honor of a former governor and politician-philanthropist, the late Chief Sam Mbakwe of Imo State. It is the first state-government[b] built airport. Navy Commodore Anthony E. Oguguo who was appointed military governor of Imo State in Nigeria from 1990 to 1992 during the military regime of General Ibrahim Babangida,[/b]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Mbakwe_Airport

It was built my the military administration during military rule which makes it a FG built airport hence the FG remaining the owner and operator.

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 8:18am On Jul 24, 2016
badnature:
. If you have never heard Nnamdi kanu analysis of How Biafra land will be developed,that is because u don't follow him so keep your decay mouth shut.ur generation from Adam to they kingdom come can not produce Nnamdika kanu
Hàpù oluku ahu!

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintdennis(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Ikpu nne GI hug transformer

Inugo

A'zen, Ogun og'beifua!
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 8:26am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

Stop lying abeg...

It was built my the military administration during military rule which makes it a FG built airport hence the FG remaining the owner and operator.

That its controlled by a Federal agency doesn't take away the fact that is known by all Igbos....
That it was built by the first civilian governor of old Imo state, Sam Onunāka Mbakwe.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 8:29am On Jul 24, 2016
cheruv:

That its controlled by a Federal agency doesn't take away the fact that is known by all Igbos....
That it was built by the first civilian governor of old Imo state, Sam Onunāka Mbakwe.

Very sad and heartbreaking that you people don't even know your own history...

Very tragic...

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 8:34am On Jul 24, 2016
saintdennis:

A'zen, Ogun og'beifua!

Just negodu Nwa enwe

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2016
saintdennis:

Chaii lack of knowledge is bad...
Even if u did not study geography @least u should understand the difference between map of IGBO TRIBES and map of IGBO KINGDOMS.

Anyway i'm not surprised after all many of u ignorant nigerians think benin country is landlocked

If the brits agreed itsekiri, urhobo, ebo(ibo) and other tribes in the delta region were under benin kingdom i'm rest assured that @ the right time una eye go clear.

Half baked historical brains...anywhere igbos dey mean say na igboland los
The above shows unfortunately that you don't have anything else to say...
The bold is what we're waiting for
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 8:37am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

Very tragic...

I was in primary school then, I contributed like one naira or something ..I attended St Paul's Douglas Rd

It's on records that imo state built the first indegnous airport and university

We should stop distorting history

Now Anambra is building theirs ..though it's my state

So these people should stop lies

.igbo can make this proposition work with real ideology

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 8:38am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

Very tragic...
Very tragic that Yoruba people feel they can tell us what we witnessed ourselves undecided

Using your own logic then,UNN was built by the Federal govt since its a Federal university angry

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintdennis(m): 8:39am On Jul 24, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Just negodu Nwa enwe

O'zuo!
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 8:40am On Jul 24, 2016
AmuDimpka:

I was in primary school then, I contributed like one naira or something ..I attended St Paul's Douglas Rd

You contributed too??
Chai...
And these yorubas are claiming that FG built the stuff...can you imagineundecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 8:41am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

What is terrible is you empty, shallow hateful chest beaters can't do without criticizing other people in their own thread so what's so special about your silly brain storm rubbish?

You people can never show or post anything good from your villages or even what your worthless and incompetent governors are doing or have done with your taxes and allocations, but when we post projects commissioning and pictures on NL, what do you hateful and bitter people do, you show up with hate, jealousy and bad bele to bad mouth.

You people are the most hateful people known to man and thus is why you don't and can never get ahead.

I will key this slide ..because today is Sunday and I am always on mybest behaviour.

This is your lucky day

Bye but pls this is Igbo thread and don't let complex kill you . Osun is in dire need of your charity ,ekiti is in liquidity challenges and oyo has cultural and ritualistic challenges

Pls help them...we Igbo are doing fine

Today is your lucky day

3 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 8:43am On Jul 24, 2016
cheruv:

You contributed too??
Chai...
And these yorubas are claiming that FG built the stuff...can you imagineundecided
There are people that are fantastically stupid and I will advise you

Ignore them ...their place is nothing to write home about that they intend to distort history

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 8:44am On Jul 24, 2016
saintdennis:

O'zuo!

Ozu
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by 2sexynet: 8:45am On Jul 24, 2016
badnature:
. If you have never heard Nnamdi kanu analysis of How Biafra land will be developed,that is because u don't follow him so keep your decay mouth shut.ur generation from Adam to they kingdom come can not produce Nnamdika kanu

As usual, they will resort to insults rather than intellectual discourse.

I thought you lots said if anything happened to Nnamdi Kanu, heaven will fallv I thought idiots said why wasn't he arrested when he was in Nigeria sometime last year and you people even showed his picture of him addressing audience.

Fool, what have you done to release him since he was arrested? Hasn't he be silenced?

Not like I am happy he being kept after court rulings but I want to point it to you that his followers are the cause of his current state.

Is the federal government not looking for Tompolo? Have they been able to get him? Do you think Niger Deltan do not know where he is his? Do you think Governors do not know where he is? Not for once did I hear/ read that Tompolo insults his elders like Nnamdi Kanu did. Not for once did Tompolo spoke ill of his kinsmen and you know what? The entir Niger Deltan are backing him, including the governors but what is the fate of Nnamdi kanu?

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 8:46am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

Stop lying abeg...

What does it profit you to lie
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2016
2sexynet:

As usual, they will resort to insults rather than intellectual discourse.

I thought you lots said if anything happened to Nnamdi Kanu, heaven will fallv I thought idiots said why wasn't he arrested when he was in Nigeria sometime last year and you people even showed his picture of him addressing audience.

Fool, what have you done to release him since he was arrested? Hasn't he be silenced?

Not like I am happy he being kept after court rulings but I want to point it to you that his followers are the cause of his current state.

Is the federal government not looking for Tompolo? Have they been able to get him? Do you think Niger Deltan do not know where he is his? Do you think Governors do not know where he is? Not for once did I hear/ read that Tompolo insults his elders like Nnamdi Kanu did. Not for once did Tompolo spoke ill of his kinsmen and you know what? The entir Niger Deltan are backing him, including the governors but what is the fate of Nnamdi kanu?

Is nnamdi death ?

Why are you guys these terrible

You guys are giving Yoruba bad name of
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by murmee: 8:50am On Jul 24, 2016
EmmaFantastic:
You see, the only way any region in Nigeria can accelerate its development and properly execute a robust, comprehensive and integrated matserplan, will be if we start to practise FULL AND PROPER FEDERALISM, that's all!! Until that is done, anything or idea we do is a waste of time and a merry go round...we will keep going about in circles. My take girlie!
The idea of True or Proper Federalism will be strongly resisted and opposed by those who do not want to see the Southern part of Nigeria develop.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 8:51am On Jul 24, 2016
[s]
AmuDimpka:

I will key this slide ..because today is Sunday and I am always on mybest behaviour.

This is your lucky day

Bye but pls this is Igbo thread and don't let complex kill you . Osun is in dire need of your charity ,ekiti is in liquidity challenges and oyo has cultural and ritualistic challenges

Pls help them...we Igbo are doing fine
[/s]

1. Osun is in dire strait, but Osun commissioned more projects than all the states in SE and SS combined except Amaechi in Rivers.

2. While you are begging everybody under the sun and crying for a worthless airport, Osun state is building their own international airport from scratch.

3. Your unproductive and economically depressed villages can not start and complete any projects because your leaders are lazy, corrupt and incompetent while Osun commissions project everyday.

4. Nearly all your SE villages collect salary bailout so what are you crying over?

Osun state is miles ahead of your ZERO project states..

Abi you won make I embarrass you and our entire village with Aregbe's projects?

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2016
AmuDimpka:

What does it profit you to lie

I showed you proof when and who build the airport, but you are yet to show us any proof to back up your claim with and again, it's very sad that many of you are so ignorant about your own history...

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2016
[s]
cheruv:

Very tragic that Yoruba people feel they can tell us what we witnessed ourselves undecided

Using your own logic then,UNN was built by the Federal govt since its a Federal university angry
[/s]

I think they stopped teaching social studies in Nigeria or you people just did not go to school..

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Pchidexy(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Why are you wasting your time with that Yorrobber bastard called Aresa? Nwanne biko hapu ndi ofe. Ha bu ndi ara.

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by momentoftruth: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.
South East comprise of 5 states, Abia, Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and for this states to be developed, they need to be centralized and united in planning.

Number 1
Setting Up A South East Developing Cooperation(SEDC) that will be sponsored by the 5 SE Governors and will have their branch offices in every states in the south east.

Number two
Opening Up A Joint saving Account Of The 5 SE States where
a) a deposit of atleast 200million per state governor will be made every month.
200million x 5 states=1 Billion per month
b)50million per month by the 15 senators in South East.
50million x 15= 750million per month
c) 10million per month by the 30
Federal house of reps from South East.
10millionx 30= 300million per month.
----
NOW ADD THEM UP TOGETHER= 1 Billion plus 750million plus 300million= 2 billion,50million naira.
----
Then if SEDC realise approximately 2 billion per month, multiply it by 12month= 24billion naira.
Multiply the yearly 24billion naira by 10years = 240Billion naira.
Thats means that 240billion naira will be in South East Development Cooperation(SEDC) account in just a span of 5years upon establishment.
---
- With 240billion invested in South East, will it not develop the Geopolitical zone the more, make it a hot investment zone and attract Igbo business men back.
For example,
- 1. If Akwa Ibom state completes its seaport, SEDC can build a Light Rail project from Aba to The seaport in Akwa Ibom, in order to boost up a close importation and revive south east economy.
---
- 2. SEDC can build a multipurpose industrial park in Nnewi, investors are on ground to key into the project.

----
- 3. SEDC can pull investors to invest in Enugu Coal inorder to Power up the South East. Enugu coal can serve the 5SE states in constant electricity for up to 100years.

----
- 4. SEDC can launch and build an Agro-industrial and processing zone in Ebonyi state inorder to tap into their Agricultural potential and create jobs.

----
- 5. SEDC can turn Owerri into an Educational and Tourism base in SE.
A University that will be international standard can be built in Imo and the tourism potential of the state harnessed like the oguta lake.
----
- 6. SEDC can fix SE federal roads by itself.
IGBOS, We are a unique people, let us look inward and develop the south east.
We are on our own in this country- Adaure4ever

Immediately i saw this a) a deposit of atleast 200million per state governor will be made every month.
200million x 5 states=1 Billion per month
b)50million per month by the 15 senators in South East.
50million x 15= 750million per month
c) 10million per month by the 30
Federal house of reps from South East.
10millionx 30= 300million per month.
----
i knew you know nothing about the true state of the economy, monthly salary of state governors, how much a House members earn per month you are telling a governor to raise 2.4billion in 12 months under EFcc/ Buhari's watch hahahahahahahhahaaa, keep dreaming its free

ypu dont know the heavy politics going on. see the budget from Fashola, it will give you a clue, for your information FG is in charge of all Natural resources anywhere in Nigeria
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

I think they stopped teaching social studies in Nigeria or you people just did not go to school..
Sorry...
Your attempt to pull wool over the eyes of 40million Igbos has failed... Try again cheesy
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by excel4us: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
the Igbos should realize that they are on their own in this country.
Our fathers did it by building sam mbakwe airport on their own without FG support, why can't we copy them?
THAT WAS HOW SAM MBAKWE AIRPORT. WE CAN DO IT WITH GOOD HEADS.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by momentoftruth: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2016
mayorbch:
Good.
However, I beg to correct a notion. The senators and members of house of Representatives, according to your idea, are to contribute money from their purse right? This is the impossible part.

Do you think they would contribute a dime and allow a stranger to manage the bulk money? Mistrust and suspicion would destroy the commission even before it is commissioned.

Anyway, I like the idea a lot but where would the state government get money from since the remnant of the state funds embezzled or misappropriated wouldn't be enough to pay teachers let alone repair Port Harcourt road in Aba.

Assuming the Southeast is able to partner with an investor to tap into the coal deposits in Enugu to generate electricity, the country Nigeria that I know would fantastically frustrate such partnership. I don't even want to talk about what the "owners" of the coal would demand and hence a new form of militancy would be given birth to.

Though your forecast isn't entirely impossible, but considering the politics of the day, I daresay that it is impossible.

Ndo
this is our greatest problem @ the emboldened
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 9:08am On Jul 24, 2016
cheruv:

Sorry...
Your attempt to pull wool over the eyes of 40million Igbos has failed... Try again

Hence your gross ignorance, backwardness and crying over lack of progress in this thread. You are a sad example and reflection off of your village..

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 9:14am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

Hence your gross ignorance, backwardness and crying over lack of progress in this thread. You are a sad example and reflection off of your village..
That didn't go anywhere....
Try harder!!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2016
[s]
cheruv:

That didn't go anywhere....
Try harder!!!!! angry
[/s]

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

I mean Harder!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prince Charles To Visit Nigeria On Tuesday, On Herdsmen Clash -UK / Gulak Was Killed On Official Duty To Owerri As Consultant To Constitution Review / Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.